PDA

View Full Version : Gree's biggest area of concern

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Where does the biggest issue needing remedy lie? While these are all extremely important, which one trumps them all? This will surely draw criticism to Gree, however let's keep it constructive and on point so none of us run afoul of any Conduct violations.

1. Customer Service/Community Relations - The treatment of customers through direct interaction (or lack thereof).

2. Dev Issues/Bugs, Glitches, & Errors - For the purposes of this poll, I'm only talking about the incessant releasing of them and the effect on gameplay. The failure to address them would fall under #1.

3. General Direction of the Game - This includes the actual content of the game, working as intended or not, and whether it is good or bad.

4. Other - Let's try to keep it confined to the above three. However in case I missed something else that is a major concern and can not relate to the options I've already listed, I'm including this one. Please indicate what that would be if you select this one.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Sorry, friend, Gree appears happy with DEWIN things their way.
I can't criticize them, because we encourage freedom.
I can't predict the future, however as past is often prologue, everyone can expect much more of the same!

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
You are very right my friend. I expect a whole lotta Dewin Nuttin (aka business as usual), but as we must express our frustrations constructively, this is the best I can muster at this time.

Rolinz
02-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I voted for #4 - Other: I am implying their sales and expenses and income.

#2, I think is their 2nd concern and #3 their 3rd priority and #4 is very obviously seen in this forum.

CC1
02-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I had a hard time choosing between CS and glitches. Ultimately, I settled on customer service. A responsive customer service team could alleviate some frustration with the other. An effective CS would also relay issue to the Dev team for correction. That's how I run a business anyway. Maybe I live in a different universe.

DieselPowered
02-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Id have to say the biggest pressing issue is the bottom line.

JB5
02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
No "All of the above"? Haha

Seph
02-10-2015, 06:17 PM
I think that the lure is lost for new players, making it difficult for Gree to generate income off any players not already invested. This is a tough balancing act, and I hope they find a good way to curve the issue.

Overall, I'm satisfied/semi-loyal. Their Customer Service has been exceptional in recent months, each ticket getting resolved in a timely manner and I have also received very friendly emails from their team.

NexusImperium
02-11-2015, 10:39 AM
I voted 'gameplay'.

I think overall the game is still a very fun game, and being in a good, active, fun faction can make all the difference in the world.

I take enjoyment in most of the limited events. However, the filler events like LTQ have begun to detract from the overall game experience. Especially since, for most people, the rewards are out of reach. I think many people would be open to spending a couple bucks on a reward, but Gree is asking tens and tens. In some cases, hundreds. Per event. It's shameful. But nevertheless, people speak with their wallets and if Gree is seeing a pinch in their wallet it can only be as a result of folks not seeing a lot of value for their money in the events.

Right now Modern War has a deficit in terms of its core gameplay and the day-to-day focus from the events. Modern war's core is base building, investing in your army, attacking and raiding rivals, and doing missions on the maps. But the events focus on none of that (except LTQ, loosely).

A good start would be in 2 areas:

1) Change how the rivals list works. Instead of match-ups by level, match by attack/defense stats (or rank). Change the news feed to have a 24h limit so players don't fear lengthy reprisals. Or, change the news feed so that they disappear after the players have been 'revenged'.
2) Have only 1 LTQ per cycle. Make them permanent (so, ah, not LTQ) and have very large energy requirements (for example, normal might have an energy requirement of 130,000 energy, prestige 300K, master 700K). All players can get the good rewards but some will get there sooner, and some will pay to get there now.

Let's get back to the basics on this game.

Pidgeot
02-11-2015, 10:53 AM
There really should have been an "all the above" option. There are a combination of things that add to the problem. Biggest one is reward vs inflation of events and lack of support.

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 11:37 AM
There really should have been an "all the above" option. There are a combination of things that add to the problem. Biggest one is reward vs inflation of events and lack of support.

As I stated in the first post, all of these are major issues that all need resolution. I was just curious which was the one that players felt was more pressing than the others.

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Unprofessional managers will kill the game.
Unprofessional developers will kill the company.
Unprofessional CS will help to both.

Kefa
02-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Community relations is the number one area that needs improvement, in my opinion. The game has issues - as most software does - and software issues on a large, cross-platform network aren't always easily or quickly resolvable. Fixing the outstanding issues is important, but when paying customers feel they didn't get value for their money or didn't get what was advertised, then further feel scolded like schoolchildren when they attempt to seek remedy or restitution, this causes a significant disenfranchisement and literally discourages people from continuing as customers.

Say I go into a restaurant and order a 12 Oz. medium-rare sirloin with a baked potato, mixed veggies and a bottle of wine. After sixty minutes I start asking about my order. The server completely ignores me for 45 minutes, then finally pops over to my table only to say, "you'll get it at some time in the future, thanks for your patience", then walks off with no further explanation. Finally, after waiting another hour and a half, I receive a plate of food that is a cold, over-cooked mess. The steak is only 8 ounces instead of 12, the potato isn't on the plate, and the veggies are actually rice. When I ask again for my wine, I am told that there has been a change to the menu, and they have replaced my wine with cream soda. When I ask about the potato, at first they say there never was supposed to be a potato, but then after several other patrons make the same complaint they tell us that all potatoes have been removed from the schedule.. er... menu... temporarily, but that I can come back at a later, undetermined time to get a potato. I call for the manager, but instead they send out another person who has never even eaten this restaurant's food to explain to me how the food is fine, this is normal and to be expected, but he'll pass my concerns on to the chef. By now I'm pretty upset, and so are several other patrons. After receiving no remedy or restitution, I go on my phone and write a negative review of the restaurant's service and staff, but moments after I post the review it is deleted by some unseen force and replaced with a warning to not insult restaurant staff. Next I am warned that if I continue to insult the staff I will be given a demerit, and after ten demerits, they'll be forced to remove me from the restaurant. Finally, the check arrives, not only charging me for the items I did not receive, but the prices have been increased from what was originally on the menu (actually, they deducted a 40% discount from the total, but some item prices were doubled, and other quadrupled, so the net due was 32% higher than expected). Again, complaints are completely ignored or shrugged off, and I'm the bad guy for feeling how I do. Were that an actual scenario, that person would never go back to that restaurant, and you can be sure he'd let as many friends as possible know what an awful experience it was.

That may seem exaggerated, but that is exactly how we feel here. At least, it is honestly how I feel, just speaking for myself.

Now, if that entire scenario were exactly the same circumstantially, but the server instead had said, "Oh, I'm so sorry that your order was delayed. Here is a free glass of your favorite wine while you wait", that would have made a HUGE difference. Then, when the food showed up incorrect, had the server been authorized to offer, "We apologize deeply and sincerely for giving you such a negative experience this evening. Please, let us make you another steak, on us, and give us 30 minutes. In the mean time, here is a free appetizer platter and another glass of wine. Again, please don't leave, we appreciate your business and hope you'll stay and give us another chance". Finally, the manager comes out to apologize and offers me a coupon for a free meal the next time I come in. After that, it's easy to chalk it all up to computer error and people being human, and I'll gladly come back at another time to use the coupon. If that experience is positive, it's very likely that I'll rave about the restaurant and come back again and again.

Regardless of mistakes in the kitchen or errors in the syntax of the printed menu, the way the staff treats me while I'm there, paired with the kitchen actually correcting the issues, will have the greatest bearing in whether or not I continue to patron that establishment. If the staff treats me as common or scolds me for voicing concerns, it won't matter how well the kitchen is at correcting the mistakes or how good the food tastes when it finally arrives.

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 01:05 PM
The only flaw in your comparison is using a fine dining establishment. At best we are dealing with something from a back alley dumpster.

But given the right customer service, even that could be made more appealing.

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 01:25 PM
One more thread that will not be attended by Gree.

Agent Orange
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Kefa, fine analogy and pretty much sums up the state of affairs here. So no doubt this thread will get locked because it is 'off topic' or some other lame excuse.

Sadly gree needs to wake the heck up fast if it is not already too late. A while back I deleted all other gree products from all our devices and have no intention of ever downloading others and this because of the poor customer relations that have been ongoing.

In an equally sad way things actually have improved to a degree from the funzio days but in others they have gone further down the toilet.

But I guess in some ways it is our own fault for being steadfastly loyal and trying to fix this catastrophe instead of just saying screw it.

Agent Orange
02-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Further to the restaurant analogy, the other day we were having a late meal at our normal hang out, wife's meal got screwed up. Not seriously but enough that she wasn't happy with it, server immediately fixed the problem and when the cheque came her meal was free! Yup free, I actually felt bad about it because she was fast corteous and went above and beyond to make sure we left happy. Needless to say she got a stellar tip because she earned it and we continue to be loyal customers because of this. Then on the other hand.......

ezmunie
02-11-2015, 01:57 PM
While Customer Service is usually a big company asset, I can't say it is here. Most of the posts I read are nothing but complaints about what they are or aren't doing to satisfy you guys. No one here will ever be completely satisfied.

Sheldor Sir
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
has to be #4 Gree dont seem to give a about the others

Kefa
02-11-2015, 02:58 PM
The first line of the OP is the key... The original question is, "Where does the biggest issue needing remedy lie?", not, "what is Gree's current main focus?"

SaB Matt
02-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Event requirements are ridiculous. But don't really believe that will change ever. Would be nice if they had at least one reasonable event per cycle to look forward to!