PDA

View Full Version : Did Dev Notes quit for good?

Rolinz
02-09-2015, 11:03 PM
I guess trying to communicate more to their players/customers is not a high priority!

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-10-2015, 08:24 AM
I guess trying to communicate more to their players/customers is not a high priority!

Action, or inaction speaks louder than the typed word!

Seeing or NOT seeing is believing.

shaunyp
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Usual stuff from gree start something then dont seem to follow it through.....

2000y2k
02-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Nothing new. Gree always makes these type of commitments then a few days or weeks later they go back to their old ways.

Mr llama
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Guessing when a new cycle of players they want to milk start complaining they will start it up again, temporarily of course

Mikelord
02-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Did they reply in a timely manner yet? Can't let them off the hook.

AHH
02-13-2015, 09:29 AM
It's been my experience that when something changes within the game, they go into hiding. Now that they've halted equipment, they're in hiding mode. I suspect once the dust settles and people move on, they'll resurface.

I would suspect they want to make sure they don't offer an explanation that would get them in trouble, hence the announcement with vague language.

Kefa
02-13-2015, 09:38 AM
It's been my experience that when something changes within the game, they go into hiding. Now that they've halted equipment, they're in hiding mode. I suspect once the dust settles and people move on, they'll resurface.

I would suspect they want to make sure they don't offer an explanation that would get them in trouble, hence the announcement with vague language.

I think that's an astute observation. No matter what action they take, or what reason they give, there will be upset people and backlash - so it can feel like darned if I do, darned if I don't.

BUT

It's a company, not a girlfriend. They would be so much better off if they'd just make a decision, announce their decision, execute their decision, and then stand by it. Explain it in advance, sharing all relevant information, answer any and all questions with informative, relevant answers, actively communicate with the customer base, don't apologize for it, make sure it works as intended for everyone, and then live with it. It's the wishy-washy waffling followed by silence that generates the intense frustration and fiercest reactions, and following that up with more restrictive rules and censorship just makes the whole situation even worse. Every decision and new implementation is going to be well received by some and hated by some, but once it's a part of the game it will eventually balance out. But each waffle makes even more people quit. So, all this vacillation in attempts to please this group or that group just ends up making every group unhappy in the long run.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Captain Buck Slayer
02-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Same ol' GREEdy

MW Flake
02-13-2015, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't call it hiding mode....yet. The day starts late and ends early in Gree Land, so let's see if we do get anything sometime shortly, or if they will use the off for the weekend, busy catching up from the weekend excuse to put it off 'Til Tuesday.

NexusImperium
02-13-2015, 11:35 AM
I seem to recall Rhythm and Bruise saying that he gets around to the dev notes when he's 'organized' enough to do so.

So that implies that the dev notes are an optional thing. Give the guy a break - I know in my field of Software Engineering sometimes you're doing all you can to just keep up with your dev tasks, let alone other things like this.

truthteller
02-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Maybe they have been (were) pretty busy with the expansion pack and its issues

DieselPowered
02-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Umm... if you are too busy to post then is that not the perfect time to tell that paid mod "hey this is whats going on, please go post on the forums for me before the masses scream for a beheading"? At my job, if i too busy for a meeting then id send someone to go report for me while im working to fix the issues at hand. i dont know... it was just a thought.

Mikelord
02-14-2015, 02:08 PM
I think that's an astute observation. No matter what action they take, or what reason they give, there will be upset people and backlash - so it can feel like darned if I do, darned if I don't.

BUT

It's a company, not a girlfriend. They would be so much better off if they'd just make a decision, announce their decision, execute their decision, and then stand by it. Explain it in advance, sharing all relevant information, answer any and all questions with informative, relevant answers, actively communicate with the customer base, don't apologize for it, make sure it works as intended for everyone, and then live with it. It's the wishy-washy waffling followed by silence that generates the intense frustration and fiercest reactions, and following that up with more restrictive rules and censorship just makes the whole situation even worse. Every decision and new implementation is going to be well received by some and hated by some, but once it's a part of the game it will eventually balance out. But each waffle makes even more people quit. So, all this vacillation in attempts to please this group or that group just ends up making every group unhappy in the long run.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Spot on, the whole secrecy with more secrecy isn't at all constructive. Plus with what little they do put out in the announcement sections.... Who visits those? Players come here, to view the walkthroughs by players, and try to reach gree when customer service is non existent through the game.