PDA

View Full Version : Players Dropping Like Flies - Forum Post Down

thescondo
02-09-2015, 04:46 AM
Every where I turn people are quitting or using whatever gold they have left run out and then not to be replaced.

Nuking bases are on the rise again

Forum Post are way down

I am in top 5 Faction - the amount of attrition is amazing

Teams are begging for top players (Gold)

Cost of staying top 10 has gone way down

This is not good news for our favorite game

Thoughts?

Indiana
02-09-2015, 04:57 AM
It's a double edge sword in a way. Many guys in the Top 25 have dropped out of that tier to reduce their spending. Many in the Top 5 were wanting the events to be a bit harder to give them a challenge. So now as a result you have seen the bosses in the RB almost double (not all but some). This is good for the top teams as this gives them a challenge but at the same time has knocked the majority of factions out of the Masters RB bracket and has restricted them to Prestige only. For the other teams that were scrapping by with Prestige will now be reduced to Regular. For me, I will not be pouring money into this game any longer and will use my account as is to accomplish what I can gold free or via the Tapjoy videos. The account I have has a very good Health Regen and Energy regen but I will not push gold any longer. If it continues this way, you will see many of the big spenders reducing their spending and the issue for GREE is where do they make up the shortfall.

bam bam.
02-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Every where I turn people are quitting or using whatever gold they have left run out and then not to be replaced.

Nuking bases are on the rise again

Forum Post are way down

I am in top 5 Faction - the amount of attrition is amazing

Teams are begging for top players (Gold)

Cost of staying top 10 has gone way down

Thoughts?

The game was fun when it was a 2 speed game, spend and finish now or grind away with hours of relentless tapping and be competitive. Now the game is full of gambling (crates and loot chance), events are unable to be finished without gold. The game changes constantly, your account is devalued almost every cycle. You used to build your account and it would be strong 3 months later if you didn't obsessively play for the duration. Now, your cycle is filled with temp boosts (which were bait and switched from energy and health regens for atk n def boosts in 3 cycles). We are sick of the constant bait and switches. Events rarely starting or finishing on time (funny how the starts are usually late and the finishes are usually early).

No where in-game can you get info on the events to any level that is understandable by the masses.

Gold prices are on the rise (due to apple apparently) and gold does not stretch far.

Constant deception is part and parcel (health regen not working on frontline "deploy" bar)

Ever increasing requirements (not talking just raid bosses, we asked them to freeze it for a few cycles and they did, just when they jumped it they jumped big).

Boosts are top heavy (yes spenders should be benefited by spending but have it progressively lower as you increase, So it would be top 100 get 10%, top 50 get 15% top 10 get 17.5% top 1 gets 18.75%). Double strikes and tripple stries only being available to spenders is a con.

Constant errors and glitches. On android I couldn't even see my enemies stats as the numbers ran right off the screen.

Get talked down to by the guys who are the means of communication between us and the provider. Free mods are a joke too, my thoughts are well known on this. I commend the guys for trying but it is a position that should be held only by professionals.

Masses getting locked out with no compensation.

No serious or meaningful apologies for mistakes and compensation is extremely rare and what they give doesn't allow you to strategise (units instead of gold or health or energy packs that the user can distribute at will)

re releasing "limited time buildings" that were a symbol of how long you had played the game for. No incentive there for long time players to hold onto that lil bit of pride. plus what does the word limited mean. Release whenever you want??? noooooope!.

I could go on but I am going to watch some brooklyn nine nine and simpsons then maybe ghostbusters.

All they have to do is listen and we can get this game cranking again, but they seem intent on running it into the ground rather than giving our way a chance!. Go out their way and pretend like "they tried"

HGF69
02-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes they seem so blind to how players feel they will be the victim of their own ignorance

J1mcrane
02-09-2015, 01:18 PM
But we keep tapping,

I've been more than annoyed due to.....

*Stat inflation causing my once awesome stats to become just above average
*Ridiculous raid ration meaning anyone could attack anyone
*Introduction of soldier equipment and Grees consistent silence on the matter
*Release of LTBs, meaning all old time players lost their identity over night
*Constant upping the ante and increasing amount of health/ energy to complete events(just as you can go gold free)
*Constant glitches allowing lesser players to gain the upper hand (airplane, recycle, gold,)
*Constant bugs and freezes
*Events not running smoothly and some not starting on time
*Badly tested updates causing never ending bugs and in the worse case players being locked out
*Horribly placed gold purchase banners with no confirm button

(Wow, I honestly could go on lol!!)

.....but we keep tapping!

thescondo
02-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Yes the re-release pf LTB made me lose that special Identity of old time player

Another one for me was NEW UPGRADE +1 boosts to allow upgrades of more than one building at a time - for a long time I was one of the few that could do 3 - now I can do 9 at a time - 10 with temp - but that's okay - It takes so long to upgrade anyway

Agree with all of the above -

good gawd noooo
02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
I agree with all the bad things posted... I also now many that wish they could get a complete refund since everything they bought and paid for was either a lie or rendered useless by grees updates and changes. I have been saying for a while that gree is purposely trying to kill this game. Gree as a company in my opnion is only screwing itself in long run as many players have such a bad taste in their mouth from the treatment customer service gives to the appearance of our and out lies and manipulation they are showing as a day to day mode of operation. many that are leaving the game will NEVER play any game with gree logo on it again.. so in the end gree makes a ton but losses over long run.. but hey they just change their name and start all over

twelve twelve
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Really, why are players at the top quitting?

I dont see why someone who cannot afford the time nor the money to instead move down and play in a lower placed faction. People are quitting because they cannot afford to stay at the top or be at the top of their game. There are always options.

That said, I move between top 25 to top 150 depending on my availability for the game. Play the game, dont let the game play you.

TylerRocksWisconsin
02-09-2015, 06:49 PM
the game kept freezing and crashing, so I said screw it, and I stopped logging into the game. Miss the game? I do not, sir.

Seph
02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
the game kept freezing and crashing, so I said screw it, and I stopped logging into the game. Miss the game? I do not, sir.

Congrats Tyler! Stay well my friend.

PS - what a great NFC Championshp Game! ☺️

bam bam.
02-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Really, why are players at the top quitting?

I dont see why someone who cannot afford the time nor the money to instead move down and play in a lower placed faction. People are quitting because they cannot afford to stay at the top or be at the top of their game. There are always options.

That said, I move between top 25 to top 150 depending on my availability for the game. Play the game, dont let the game play you.

You are not taking into account the entertainment vs cost equation here. If you were getting entertainment value at a certain cost then they upped that cost (whether it be money or time) you may not be able to balance that equation by dropping to a lower tier. The way to balance it may be to leave the game and find vices elsewhere. Simply dropping levels doesn't make the game viable again for gamers.

Pidgeot
02-09-2015, 09:53 PM
say if the top wants a challenge, then they need to stop spending and play the game.

Annihilator2
02-10-2015, 12:59 PM
bam bam, I disagree with you.

You spend less money and time when you move to lower faction.

I was in top 25, moved to top 250 and I am gold free now. I feel much better now. I am more free from the game.

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 01:32 PM

I was in top 25, moved to top 250 and I am gold free now. I feel much better now. I am more free from the game.

You are both right. First, it will vary widely based upon what each individual feels is an adequate amount to spend. Second, there will be a point where the gains outweigh the expense. Free at top 500 is far different at free at top 200, and even more so than free at top 100. Top 500, it may be best to just walk away; top 100 maybe not.

Right now however, I can't help but feel if it might be best that we all just took a long walk and never looked back. I've been around the game a long time. The forums not so much. But the de-evolution of the level of respect I've seen shown to paying customers in such a short time is astounding.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-10-2015, 02:03 PM
We enjoy DEWIN plenty of NUTTIN, or DEWIN what each tapper wants at that tapper's pace.
We don't order or dictate.
We say, every tapper can make his or her choice.
SUM have trouble being free.
They leave, we wish them well.
Most figure it out, and enjoy their new found freedom.

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I suppose I could have summed that last paragraph up with a simple Dew Nuttin. :D

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I suppose I could have summed that last paragraph up with a simple Dew Nuttin. :D

For the few, the shameless, the bums of this "thingy", we just happy DEWIN NUTTIN. LOL
The price is SEW right!

bam bam.
02-10-2015, 07:56 PM

All good man, we are all free to express our opinions and not be smashed for them (you listening mods?)

As Flake is saying there does come a 'point of no return' where it is no longer fun. I am just saying its like the 'crazy/hot' chart that men have for women or 'money/cute-funny' chart women have for men. Here it is fun/cost(time/money). When the cost goes up in either time or money and the prizes remain the same or lower, the value also lowers. If you don't have fun receiving lower prizes or working with slacker factions you can't drop tiers and find the same level of enjoyment. Some can find another level that they still enjoy but obsessive tappers like myself and others we have been priced out of our fun zones. So what do we do?, we stop playing.

If they get back to the old formulas, less events, better prizes, lower the gap between the haves and have nots (sadly the decision makers are always the haves ---> law of the jungle), lower the time requirements, be professional, offer decent compensation for product faults, allow strategy (the kind where a smart free player keeps up with a moderate spender ----> the big spenders should have a gap but only say 10-20% not 1500%) and most importantly open communication channels and be transparent (especially in future changes, we should be well informed 2 months in advance of any change...not be told about it 2 weeks after it has been implemented). It is not that hard and has been spelled it for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooong time!

Lolsies
02-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Just a note: you are not going to get smashed for expressing your opinion, but please express your opinion as professionally as possible.

Dirty Mind
02-10-2015, 08:26 PM

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about this game.

bam bam.
02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Just a note: you are not going to get smashed for expressing your opinion, but please express your opinion as professionally as possible.

Mate, I am a gamer. I express my opinion as a gamer and as a human being. This is a gaming forum and I am not paid for my thoughts and as such I will not be posting "professionally". I will not even think about what I will say, I will just say it and proudly spray it.

I have been banned multiple times for my opinions and when I look to my left and then to my right I see fellow gamers agreeing with me more than not, but no dev/mod/pretend mod gets on board and helps us out for mare than an intermittent burst here n there. I have had many many threads and posts removed. Even ones written well within the codes of conduct (I have actually read and understood both the new and old codes which are both beyond reasonable).

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 08:50 PM

Sorry, but I have to disagree. History shows otherwise.

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 11:27 AM
To reiterate, history has reared it's head even today. A civil discussion seeking improvement in a key area was labeled "mocking". It was all very polite and constructive, with no flaming or negativity of any kind.

Annihilator2
02-11-2015, 12:34 PM

What do you mean? Do you want that we will describe best practice in programming for mobile devices? From what will we start?

Rob TRK
02-12-2015, 02:13 AM
So much depends on your character and style. For example us Brits are known for sarcasm and some of us can be quite good at it. Expression to a style (Irony, sarcasm, humour, distataste) are all tools that should be used to make a point.

Good old fashioned passion is good. It means that the folks posting here care. When that stops worry.

My point to the wonderful mods (I may here being truthful, ironic or sarcastic) is that sometimes you need to read beyond the words in the posts and the look at the intention, users cultural mores and ways of expression before locking posts.

I accept that this forum is not bound by total free speech (which comes with responsibilities).

Don't forget the old saying Americans and Brits are divided by a common Language...

So if we are then how does the rest of the world have any chance of getting it right.

stephen2013
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Yep I'm on my way out too. I started losing interest in the game back in November, then around the holidays I was so busy that I hardly logged on. I've been playing since the very beginning, and I was one of those "special people" with all the LTBs. Re-releasing all of them was the last straw...

I haven't participated in events since December with my faction. The only reason they haven't booted me is because I dump tons of cash into the vault. As soon as we buy our last bonuses within a month, I'm either quitting the game altogether, or finding a small faction to join and I will donate all of my income to them.

This game has really gone downhill. Such a shame, it used to be fun. Glad I'm free (figuratively and literally-no gold player). Get out while you can.

thescondo
02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Well posts are back up! But for the wrong reasons. Equipment no longer a factor. SMH - you can't make this stuff up!

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Yep I'm on my way out too. I started losing interest in the game back in November, then around the holidays I was so busy that I hardly logged on. I've been playing since the very beginning, and I was one of those "special people" with all the LTBs. Re-releasing all of them was the last straw...

I haven't participated in events since December with my faction. The only reason they haven't booted me is because I dump tons of cash into the vault. As soon as we buy our last bonuses within a month, I'm either quitting the game altogether, or finding a small faction to join and I will donate all of my income to them.

This game has really gone downhill. Such a shame, it used to be fun. Glad I'm free (figuratively and literally-no gold player). Get out while you can.

Ours doors are open to all...we be DEWIN NuTIIN 4 a very long time, yo.