PDA

View Full Version : RIP Katie

vball
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
A friend, teammate and a dear soul has passed away. The details are known to her friends and do not want to focus this thread on that.

Many of us have changed our names to honor her memory. Thanks to SUP, ST6, PIRATES and others who have chosen this small way to honor a fallen friend and comrade.

In my case, have never changed names in over 3 years of playing the game, but thought this would be an appropriate time to do so.

If you have a good memory, something funny or just want to vent, please feel free to do it here.

For many of us old timers, Gree stupidity and release of LE, etc almost push us over the edge, but we remain so we can play with and against our friends.

So, a call out to many friends spread out over a number of factions, thanks for the good times and treasure life, it is very precious.

All I ask is that you trolls please stay away, this is meant to honor a friend. Nothing more.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-08-2015, 06:03 PM
“Truly, God loves those who repent.” (Quran 2:222)

“All things (good and bad) are from God.” (Quran 4:78)

Matthew 5:4 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A4&version=ESV) - “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

Job 1:20 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1%3A20&version=ESV) - "Then Job arose and tore off his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped."

Psalm 116:15 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+116%3A15&version=ESV) - "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."

KillerDriller
02-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Say not in grief that she is no more but say in thankfulness that she was -Tagore

Though I had never had the opportunity to meet her, I have also lost friends.

Condolences from everyone in our faction, Mayhem Like Me.

bam bam.
02-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Without death life is not life, it is existence. A rock exists, we live!. We create memories and live life with the hope that today will be a good one and that tomorrow, should it eventuate, will be exceptional too.

This community is full of passionate people who like to enjoy each others company and are working towards a fun tomorrow to share. When our lives come to an end it is important that those we love get to celebrate the shared experiences they had with us.

Celebrate your friends life. Perhaps a story of achievement or fun that was shared together by you guys would be appropriate.

I am sorry for the loss you have had and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of Katie.

Jaguar69
02-09-2015, 01:32 AM
A friend, teammate and a dear soul has passed away. The details are known to her friends and do not want to focus this thread on that.

Many of us have changed our names to honor her memory. Thanks to SUP, ST6, PIRATES and others who have chosen this small way to honor a fallen friend and comrade.

In my case, have never changed names in over 3 years of playing the game, but thought this would be an appropriate time to do so.

If you have a good memory, something funny or just want to vent, please feel free to do it here.

For many of us old timers, Gree stupidity and release of LE, etc almost push us over the edge, but we remain so we can play with and against our friends.

So, a call out to many friends spread out over a number of factions, thanks for the good times and treasure life, it is very precious.

All I ask is that you trolls please stay away, this is meant to honor a friend. Nothing more.

Condolences from Destroyers.:(

Winner
02-09-2015, 02:29 AM
She always said "this game will be the death of me".

Winner
02-09-2015, 02:34 AM
And before anyone gets in an uproar, relax. I knew Katie, she had a great sense of humor, she would love that comment.

bam bam.
02-09-2015, 02:49 AM
She always said "this game will be the death of me".

She was right, typical woman. Never wrong :)

SaB Leader
02-09-2015, 04:12 AM
Sincere condolences to Katie's friends and family. Thoughts and prayers go out to you all from us at SaB.

doeboy
02-09-2015, 05:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss she is at peace now

NexusImperium
02-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I thought this was a very nice, heart-felt thread to a member of the community who was lost.

However, at the time of this post, some troll douchebag(s) thought it wise to rate this thread as 'Bad' (2 stars).

I didn't know Katie at all but how about the good, decent folks around here who actually have a soul use the "Rate this thread" and give it an 'excellent' in Katie's memory.

Relic
02-09-2015, 10:12 AM
My condolences. Thanks for letting us know.

Clementine
02-09-2015, 10:16 AM
My thoughts are with Katie's family and friends, both online and off.

Agent Orange
02-09-2015, 01:31 PM
https://calvy.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cal_hobb-raccoon9.jpg

Nocomment
02-09-2015, 02:01 PM
RIP Katie. Blew each other's base a few times lol. Will be missed.

iamnasty
02-09-2015, 03:09 PM
R.I.P KATiE ☠.........moo™������

DragCro
02-10-2015, 01:00 AM
My condolences to her family and friends.
I am shure that she had a lot of friends in this game and she will be missed.
Rest in peace Katie,you will be in our hearts and memories

I N S I D I O U S
02-10-2015, 02:24 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends. Rest in peace KATiE. You were a good friend. Thank you for all the great talks we had. You will be truly missed.

SUPpose So
02-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Trying to get my head around this awful news.
Played with you in The Outlaw Lawyers before you went to The Pirates, when you got annoyed with the rival factions player and put up 400k WD in one war lol. We still talk about that game...
Why oh why has this happened... God Bless you Katie. You were always there to help fellow MW gamers and my thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.
I too will change my name in remembrance of you... GREE for once do a good deed and give ppl a free name change for the next war...
She was one in a million. This news has stunned me..

mickymacirl
02-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Shocked to hear this, god bless Katie.

Drakhoan
02-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear this. Not sure if I knew her or not since so many have different names on here and GM.

Family and friends be strong and together in your loss of her.

May she feel the burdens of life lifted as another greater journey begins!

Drakhoan
02-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I thought this was a very nice, heart-felt thread to a member of the community who was lost.

However, at the time of this post, some troll douchebag(s) thought it wise to rate this thread as 'Bad' (2 stars).

I didn't know Katie at all but how about the good, decent folks around here who actually have a soul use the "Rate this thread" and give it an 'excellent' in Katie's memory.

We will chose to take the "Bad" rating of stars to be meant as in "Bad" news... I'm sure that is what they meant.

Allday
02-10-2015, 11:54 AM
We will chose to take the "Bad" rating of stars to be meant as in "Bad" news... I'm sure that is what they meant.
I'm sure that is what they meant. It is bad news, horrible news. Katie will be missed.

italo512
02-11-2015, 06:08 PM
And this is why I still love this game. How peaceful this post is without the negative people. My faction is my second family. Because of this game, I was able to meet the greatest group of people outside my inner circle. Although I'll never meet most, We are one. I am sorry for your loss and her family and your faction are in my prayers. Condolences from The Round Table Rogues.

Vegaman
02-12-2015, 12:44 AM
OMG ! No ! I don't log into this forum much nowdays. Sad News. My thoughts and prayers are with you Katie, your family and friends. You will always be remembered by our faction for all the times you came and helped us, and rallied your big hitting friends as only you could. You always raised a smile with your witty comebacks.

Heaven has a new angel

SUPpose So
02-16-2015, 03:57 AM
Many players this FL had changed their names out of respect and also those that didnt know her but came together in a community spirit to pay their respects to a friend tragically taken so young. Also to the team that changed their name. Our faction is changing its name for this upcoming war to pay our respects.

Many of us still play this game because of the friendships we have formed, the bonds formed over the years pull us back in.. It demonstrates a huge amount to change your name and therefore become anonymous. It shows the strength of the community we have created.. No one can take away the friendships we have formed in this Game, Its why most of us fight so hard for it. May your God go with you.

good gawd noooo
02-16-2015, 10:57 AM
don't know Katie personally but those that know her have my condolences.. and per requested earlier I rated this post a 5 star.. count the blessing in knowing her and share how she touched your lives.. for that keeps her alive in no where else but in your hearts... where she belongs

Boss Roger
02-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Don't think I knew Katie as I left the Pirates a long time ago. I met so many great people from that original group tho and still play with several of them. I know we took alot of heat that first year for controlling the game and alot of players didn't like us much at times. This kind of thing tends to put things into perspective tho. MW has always been about good friends and fair play for me. Rest in Peace Katie. I never met you but many of your friends were also mine.

Maestro
02-17-2015, 12:17 AM
I must ask was this the Katie that had the Katie's crew faction when WD started? Many times we paced them in WD.
Either way My condolences to those that knew her, sounds like she touched many here.

Brandon Barber
02-18-2015, 07:39 AM
Would like to take the oppurtunity to put aside all negative feelings towards gree and express heartfelt condolences for all those who lost a friend, family member and comrade....i believe that gree's incompetence has made for an incredibly strong community in a world and genre where the communities are becoming more and more toxic as the times fly by.....i regret the missed chances to meet such a wonderful person but will commit to a name change out of sheer respect for the response to this tragic new....

Vegaman
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I must ask was this the Katie that had the Katie's crew faction when WD started? Many times we paced them in WD.
Either way My condolences to those that knew her, sounds like she touched many here.

I don't think it was the same Katie Maestro.
Just want to thank GREE for the 50 free gold. Using ours to name change and remember our friend Katie.

Dirty Mind
02-22-2015, 04:53 PM
If you're going to change your name to honor her memory, maybe you should not be in a faction full of cheats. I just cant 'take the pain' of all this.

Mcdoc
02-22-2015, 07:40 PM
RIP Katie. Blew each other's base a few times lol. Will be missed.

So sorry to hear this news.

I enjoyed the back and forth base raids back in the early days with her as well.

She will be missed but remembered

Brown Out
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
She missed the greatest glitch ever.

If I remember right she was an Android user.

#GlitchForKatie

good gawd noooo
04-28-2015, 05:05 PM
just a bump I didntt know Katie but the gesture she inspired has been the most decent thing about game in years.. I Thought with everything going on we should remember her and the affect SHE made

Batchief
04-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Our condolences to Katie's family and friends.
from faction 212

Wildblue
04-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Peace and respect from the 101st Airborne Division 1.

carl9764
04-29-2015, 05:22 AM
Angels East Angels West North and South do your best and Guard Katie while she rests R.I.P