PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Health is Out...

Oh oh Gree
02-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Level 150 is just over 100B.

Let the complaints commence.

dan2407
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I can speak for most top 10/25 teams that this is good

corey0025
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
And the acceleration of the end of the game continues. The gap keeps getting wider and will continue to disenfranchise most of the players in the game, if they have the feeling they can't compete or ever catch up. Gree isn't encouraging gold spending it's prohibiting it.
Raid boss used to be a fun event, but now it's just another mindless tap tap tap event that can only be finished with gold. You guys got what you want, another gold event. Congrats, keep asking for the events to get harder.

Indiana
02-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Everyone, here is how the Level 150 Boss has been for current and 2 past RB Events:

Current RB the Level 150 is 108,400,791,357
Last RB Level 150 was 47,130,778,851
The RB level 150 before that was 24,169,630,180

So this is well over a 100% Health Increase on the RB Event. Haven't seen this happening like this before!

Helios Von Elisar
02-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Great, our faction just barely finished master on the last one, foregoing prestige and individual levels to complete it. I guess there is no need to try for the next one. More and more faction members are getting pissed at the constant increasing demands the game is taking. We have lost several good members and many of the rest have stopped buying gold. Too bad, RBE was one of my favorite events.

I see Gree is having financial distress, why else would they be running so many 40% sales and 20% sales when there is no war going on. But instead of encouraging gold use they are actually discouraging it by causing so much animosity towards them and their practices lately. They should start listening to the players more and the accountants less before they wind up like Polaroid with a product no one wants.

dan2407
02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
So prestige gives you 3% alliance attack and indi gives you 4% alliance attack but you chose to skip them and go for master that has a prize of 5% alliance attack? Wow Who's call was that

Dal7691
02-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Boss New Health
5 200,000
10 462,233
15 949,146
20 1,630,323
25 2,421,780
30 5,277,445
35 11,198,120
40 17,190,687
45 25,948,487
50 41,103,513
55 92,194,519
60 123,720,559
65 204,142,540
70 290,666,356
75 502,060,948
80 935,336,960
85 1,361,579,100
90 2,496,354,446
95 5,545,553,702
100 13,500,376,552
105 17,876,253,353
110 21,626,566,439
115 26,128,014,667
120 31,526,176,561
125 40,445,393,848
130 48,596,300,158
135 60,001,312,880
140 71,905,033,069
145 86,100,656,677
150 108,400,791,357

andy2
02-05-2015, 03:38 PM
event is shown to be 6 days long atm, previous event was 4 days right? thats a 150% increase in time which helps dampen the blow for weaker teams.

Kefa
02-05-2015, 03:39 PM

So you honestly believe that out of 4,000-5,000 active factions, the 100 best of them shouldn't be capable of finishing any master event? The top 2%? Only the top 0.5% should be able to finish and grow? Really?

Dazzj10
02-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I get the feeling gree are trying their best to force the game end
This is the most pathetic increase I have seen

nocebl
02-05-2015, 03:48 PM
What *edit* are you smoking there in Gree HQ.

Oh oh Gree
02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
What sh it are you smoking there in Gree HQ.

Nothing good it seems.

corey0025
02-05-2015, 03:55 PM
The only thing gree has left is to keep the top 25 spending gold, the majority of all others have stopped and it's only a matter of time. Who cares about the rest of the game...

truthteller
02-05-2015, 04:01 PM
event is shown to be 6 days long atm, previous event was 4 days right? thats a 150% increase in time which helps dampen the blow for weaker teams.

GREEdy started long ago to dig the MW grave

1- they went crazy with stats inflation
2- they started to give great bonuses for top 25
3- they realize that top factions were doing most events almost gold free
4- they needed tp come up with a way to make them spend more gold, THUS increase energy for ltq, increase RB HP, less points for WD and the crappy equipments
5- top factions started once again to spend gold
6- GREEdy started giving crappy prizes, yet game focus on equipment so top factions would need to finish all to stay at top
7- top factions once again spending less gold
8- increase again RB HP to ensure top factions and additc would spend gold on masters......and smaller factions would spend gold to finish prestige
9- soon you will see that gold is needed to even finish EASY mode lol

then end result is that most factions are playing less and less...............only doing events as far as they can for free or with help of jumpers
now factions will finish easy and normal mode and struggle with prestige, forget about masters for them
soon, they will forget about prestige too
same with LTQ, energy so crazy, many factions only farm equipment and the temp bonuses

I doubt this game will make it to the end of the year unless they do a serious overhaul on it and make things more "acceptable"

well now back to farm my day 1 equipment and call it quits for the day ;)

But remember, GREEdy is only thinking about your gamming experience and making the game "more challenging" because that is what all players want and they always listed to the players:rolleyes:

truthteller
02-05-2015, 04:06 PM

Agree, gives them factions a reason to gold their way all the way to the top, and soon RB HP will be 200b to make sure you guys enjoy the challenges you so much keep asking for:rolleyes:

nocebl
02-05-2015, 04:18 PM

You da man, carry on Rambo.:)

East Coast Bias
02-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Agree, gives them factions a reason to gold their way all the way to the top, and soon RB HP will be 200b to make sure you guys enjoy the challenges you so much keep asking for:rolleyes:

Actually not. Perhaps some players may choose to spend gold, but masters has always been a free event. Even at 100b, it will still be a free event if our faction wants to take it easy and use regen. The main challenge will be to get some slackers going, because for the past number of events, masters has only needed 30-40 active members. Now we need all 60 to be participating if we want to finish as quickly as before.

This has been mentioned before, but masters was never meant to be completed by all factions. If people continue with this understanding, these type of complaints will continue. Same with the LTQ, masters was never meant to be gold free. If someone wants to spend gold to finish the event, let them.

bobthebuilder654
02-05-2015, 04:45 PM
This has been mentioned before, but masters was never meant to be completed by all factions. If people continue with this understanding, these type of complaints will continue. .[/QUOTE]

No one is saying all factions should finish masters but with these increases top 50s and 75s will have problem with finishing. If Masters can't be finished by the 1-1.5% of the factions then whats the point of it. And these 1-1.5% factions have huge gold spenders who have spent gold to be able to defeat masters in time now they wont be able to

Modern War Forum GF
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Most of them could finish master without gold. They Will use, bc they can.. Be happy they do cause they Will AGAIN jump and help you whinners.

Still I find iT crazy players seem to think they should be able to finish for free, as if THE unit Will change much of anything anyways.

Modern War Forum GF
02-05-2015, 05:15 PM
This has been mentioned before, but masters was never meant to be completed by all factions. If people continue with this understanding, these type of complaints will continue. .

No one is saying all factions should finish masters but with these increases top 50s and 75s will have problem with finishing. If Masters can't be finished by the 1-1.5% of the factions then whats the point of it. And these 1-1.5% factions have huge gold spenders who have spent gold to be able to defeat masters in time now they wont be able to

T50-t75 not finishing master means you Carry to much slackers.. Your RAW isnt that much different then t25/10

BadBrad1
02-05-2015, 05:22 PM
I love it Gree. The harder you make it, the more money you save me. I like most have slowed down because of your nonsense. Many have quit. Run it into the ground. Won't be long and you can play with yourselves.

good gawd noooo
02-05-2015, 05:38 PM
what the players congradualting gree are missing is there is no game without the free/light gold users. I am thrilled you are happier with the challenge for the top2-5%(being generous) that can supposedly thanks to all the bonuses complete for free. COngrats to you all. But ... without the lil troglidites(yes including myself in there) your game is still gonna die. Yes your lil section spends the most cash however the rest are also paying for this game and if they lose interest and they don't feel they can compete or grow (gotta have the carrot out front to lead the cart) they will find another game. SO keep patting yourself on the back all you want when gree keeps upping everything and players continue leaving in droves(my top 150 team loses to retirement/new game at least 3 players a cycle) and you have no game to play anymore. Well then you can pat yourselves on the back even more. Because all gree is doing is widening the gap making it even more impossible for the underdogs to even come close to players with huge wallets. Granted everyone really knows they never will catch you guys but everyone needs a lil hope that just maybe... Well gree is taking the maybe to another solar system with these increases.. and in that galaxy far far away that is were the players will go.. and gree also needs to recognize their actions reflect on ALL their games. most of the players leaveing and that have left will NEVER pick up another gree title to play... so gree will eventually have to change its name too.. but be happy top dawgs celebrate your accomplishment party as you drive another nail in the coffin of this game.. Gree doesn't care as they clearly stated this game has far outlived its expected shelflife so whatever they get out of it now is gravy

truthteller
02-05-2015, 05:51 PM
what the players congradualting gree are missing is there is no game without the free/light gold users. I am thrilled you are happier with the challenge for the top2-5%(being generous) that can supposedly thanks to all the bonuses complete for free. COngrats to you all. But ... without the lil troglidites(yes including myself in there) your game is still gonna die. Yes your lil section spends the most cash however the rest are also paying for this game and if they lose interest and they don't feel they can compete or grow (gotta have the carrot out front to lead the cart) they will find another game. SO keep patting yourself on the back all you want when gree keeps upping everything and players continue leaving in droves(my top 150 team loses to retirement/new game at least 3 players a cycle) and you have no game to play anymore. Well then you can pat yourselves on the back even more. Because all gree is doing is widening the gap making it even more impossible for the underdogs to even come close to players with huge wallets. Granted everyone really knows they never will catch you guys but everyone needs a lil hope that just maybe... Well gree is taking the maybe to another solar system with these increases.. and in that galaxy far far away that is were the players will go.. and gree also needs to recognize their actions reflect on ALL their games. most of the players leaveing and that have left will NEVER pick up another gree title to play... so gree will eventually have to change its name too.. but be happy top dawgs celebrate your accomplishment party as you drive another nail in the coffin of this game.. Gree doesn't care as they clearly stated this game has far outlived its expected shelflife so whatever they get out of it now is gravy

Very true

in the end there wil be only the top 25 (or 75 playing WD) and battling amongh themself once everyone else quits because there is not points in continuing, and if free players go, then top players WILL HAVE NO rivals during WD

it is funny how the give a prize for top20,000 in WD, when I think are under 4,000 factions and many with under 30 players and the player base keeps shrinking
and new players after 1 cycle most quit because they see they can never "catch up" or be able to be competitive or finish events withour vaults and vaults of gold, and many new players that stay, is mostly just to build their base and do the regular missions

good gawd noooo
02-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Very true

in the end there wil be only the top 25 (or 75 playing WD) and battling amongh themself once everyone else quits because there is not points in continuing, and if free players go, then top players WILL HAVE NO rivals during WD

it is funny how the give a prize for top20,000 in WD, when I think are under 4,000 factions and many with under 30 players and the player base keeps shrinking
and new players after 1 cycle most quit because they see they can never "catch up" or be able to be competitive or finish events withour vaults and vaults of gold, and many new players that stay, is mostly just to build their base and do the regular missions

very true gree needs to do some deep thinking. I agree that the higher ups need a challenge but not at the expense of the players that have worked so hard and accomplished a ton just to finally have a shot at those rewards I masters. they have to find a balance to keep new and average players coming back but also keep their big wallets open. But this BS with masters rb is not the answer. in two cycles went from 24b for 150 to 54b to 108b and is no chance that any team out of the top 50 has stat increases to match that. perhaps instead of taking events away from normal players maybe they need to add a new level just for the top section.. but then again as long as they keep giving the top section such a hug gap they will never really be challenged either since no one else can get close to them.. a catch 22 of sorts

truthteller
02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
very true gree needs to do some deep thinking. I agree that the higher ups need a challenge but not at the expense of the players that have worked so hard and accomplished a ton just to finally have a shot at those rewards I masters. they have to find a balance to keep new and average players coming back but also keep their big wallets open. But this BS with masters rb is not the answer. in two cycles went from 24b for 150 to 54b to 108b and is no chance that any team out of the top 50 has stat increases to match that. perhaps instead of taking events away from normal players maybe they need to add a new level just for the top section.. but then again as long as they keep giving the top section such a hug gap they will never really be challenged either since no one else can get close to them.. a catch 22 of sorts

yeap

Masters should had stay boss 150 at about 35B at most, and create a new "elite" goal with the 100b bosses (Boss 155 to 200) just for the "big boys"

that way players have something to achieve and to push for.......work hard to achieve, normal mode, then prestige, then masters and now "elite"

good gawd noooo
02-05-2015, 06:29 PM
yeap

Masters should had stay boss 150 at about 35B at most, and create a new "elite" goal with the 100b bosses (Boss 155 to 200) just for the "big boys"

that way players have something to achieve and to push for.......work hard to achieve, normal mode, then prestige, then masters and now "elite"

EXACTLY keeps masters a lil harder then it was but reasonable and gives the high ups even more to accomplish by adding another set of bosses
maybe make it so elite wont show until all other levels are complete

DelAWOL
02-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I started playing this game about 8 months ago, didn't have a clue what I was doing but eventually got into a low level faction, gradually worked my way up and last WD the faction I'm in finished top 150, now I don't mind spending some spare cash on a game that keeps me amused and I know that I will never catch up with the top 5/10 factions, I can live with that, what I am now seeing though is that with my 4.2b stats I can never get higher than I am without spending an excessive amount of cash, so I have to ask does the game amuse me that much to keep me playing at this level.
I can raise my stats by about 500k per cycle, last WD I finished 436 individual but the top 100 factions are raising them by more, so knowing that I can either stay at this level and slowly grow more bored by the day, spend a lot of cash to get to a tier where the bonuses are worthwhile or walk away, well I'll wait for the for the next update to see what that brings, I hold little hope of anything being done other than making the big boys bigger and the rest trailing in there wake growing ever more distant until we actually end up with 2 or 3 entirely separate games going on.
I don't begrudge SUP, ACE and Warriors in whatever current guise they are in getting the best bonuses, they pay for it good luck to them, but when you can't hope to reach a level where one of them says we have a spot for you then really all you can do is walk away, so come on Gree before you pull the plug or lose all your players except the very elite do something for all of us

chad1122
02-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Why complain, who cares? Same old gree.. why nobody likes them... just collect your money once in awhile and give to faction in need, those who still believe you can win hahahaha... win, yea, that's it

Bob Belcher
02-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by good gawd noooo View Post
very true gree needs to do some deep thinking.

They already have! wake up!
Just squeezing out the last few drops!

NexusImperium
02-05-2015, 07:00 PM
yeap

Agree 100%.

I don't know if Gree employees read everything here but here's a suggestion for them:

There's a big difference between Modern War and the other successful games out there like Clash of Clans, Castle Clash, etc. The major difference is that the gap between the godly elite players (top tier, paying players) and the average joe (casual spenders or f2p) is time spent in the game.

Microtransactions in the game simply accelerate the pace at which players grow. In certain cases, the player must spend money to get exclusive bonuses in the games. These bonuses are good and will set players apart, but they aren't so godly themselves that they create a chasm between these different types of players.

This is how Gree OUGHT to approach events in Modern War.

dan2407
02-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Erm so your asking to
Bring an extra elite tier above masters, why? So all you little whiners can have something else to moan about in a few months time when they can't finish it? I don't know if you remember but a few months ago before we had the units with millions of stats, masters raid boss cost literally a vault per person to complete, why should everyone complete IT for free when we all had to pay a lot

Pidgeot
02-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Erm so your asking to
Bring an extra elite tier above masters, why? So all you little whiners can have something else to moan about in a few months time when they can't finish it? I don't know if you remember but a few months ago before we had the units with millions of stats, masters raid boss cost literally a vault per person to complete, why should everyone complete IT for free when we all had to pay a lot

You don't pay.

Laurence1
02-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Maybe one way to have made it harder without raising damage would have been to increase the number of folders needed. I don't know if that's the answer. But if you need more folders you need active players. If you have active players u have an active faction. Free player no chance, light teams some chance and well u get the drift everyone happy? Lol oh by the way I won't pa a 150 so u can ur hit in for the reward lmao

MW Flake
02-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Erm so your asking to
Because Gree made the mistake of making it too easy for too long. If it was only one cycle, you wouldn't be seeing this from players. But it was like 6-7 cycles at least wasn't it? So just add it as one more colossal screw up on grees part

SpikeyKit
02-06-2015, 07:44 AM
You all got a problem with numbers? This is getting stupid. Do you not listen or is it you just dont care?
I assume with your sliding profits your still yet to work out why

Agent Orange
02-06-2015, 09:47 AM
So you honestly believe that out of 4,000-5,000 active factions, the 100 best of them shouldn't be capable of finishing any master event? The top 2%? Only the top 0.5% should be able to finish and grow? Really?

Based on the last WD I would say maybe 1200 active factions at best below that I saw factions of 1 or a whale DL and a bunch of non playing LLPs so don't think there are that many folks in it. Otherwise agree with you, though based on some of that person's other posts they are just trolling....

Annihilator2
02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
1. Gree has money only from top-top factions. So Gree is not interesting in gold free or light gold players at all.
2. I think that Gree shall increase health of bosses in 100-200 times that weak factions will finish only easy, other factions only normal, than only prestige and only top factions will finish master.

Pidgeot
02-06-2015, 12:30 PM
1. Gree has money only from top-top factions. So Gree is not interesting in gold free or light gold players at all.
2. I think that Gree shall increase health of bosses in 100-200 times that weak factions will finish only easy, other factions only normal, than only prestige and only top factions will finish master.

Not only that, look at how much money frontline and crate leaderboards make. I wont be surprised to see a cycle with just those 2 if they drop LTQs.

Kiko Matsing
02-07-2015, 01:37 AM
I got a question for those who are complaining about the Health Increase.
Is your faction capable of producing 30k of folders? If the answer is no then dont complain about the increase because even if the health did not increase but you dont have enough folders, even if your faction have the enough strenght to kill the 150 but have no folders to summon then its useless complaining about the increase

good gawd noooo
02-07-2015, 12:31 PM
I got a question for those who are complaining about the Health Increase.
Is your faction capable of producing 30k of folders? If the answer is no then dont complain about the increase because even if the health did not increase but you dont have enough folders, even if your faction have the enough strenght to kill the 150 but have no folders to summon then its useless complaining about the increase

really?? you crack me up. only 30k folders any faction with players that do fltq and farm for equip would easily get the 30k folders hell both my ids alone donated 3k folders. folders are dropping at a good rate.. in the past you would be correct in our assumption as gree has been known to make drop rate so low they had to give folders away as a token .. but for most of the teams posting on here that have clawed upto being able to complete masters 30k folders is NOT an issue. the issue (let me guess your prolly one of the top 2%) is tht to make things competitive for the top tier they are taking away the bones (not literal) that have been thrown to average or slightly above average Joe away. Gree needs to recognize their sales drops(oh snap they only made 3 mil profit last cycle((guestamate not actual)) is because the top 2% even with their big wallets don't pay as much into game as the bottom 98% if totaled up. Gree made a serious miscalculation in regards to boosts to top teams.. now to make it fun or costly for them they have to make it impossible for the other players. gree should of seen this coming and made top boost temp I mean seriously after all those teams aren't playing for anything other then ego and bragging rights.. they would of paid for temp boost that give advantage for a full cycle.. instead they created monsters they can challenge without destroying the game for everyone else.. congrats gree

lemonhaze
02-07-2015, 04:35 PM
So prestige gives you 3% alliance attack and indi gives you 4% alliance attack but you chose to skip them and go for master that has a prize of 5% alliance attack? Wow Who's call was that

lol good point hopefully not the leaders

lemonhaze
02-07-2015, 04:39 PM

i been saying this for past year..its just so hard to get additcs to stop and gree never intended for everone to play this long..they thought everone would have done moved on to one their other boring games by now so they keep milking the cow while they can and just treating ever player any ole way they want and laugh about bc they know that additcs will do the same thing over and over no matter whats done to them..gold could be raised to 500$ a vault i gurantee u they be many addicts tell them self heck ya guys this is even better for us in a way bc we will be one the only teams buying gold..

shaman01
02-07-2015, 05:09 PM
The issue I see is the rewards are not scaling with the difficulty increase. They have remained much the same.

If HP goes up by 3x, then the stats of the rewards should increase by between 2-3x.

SaB Matt
02-08-2015, 10:59 PM
The issue I see is the rewards are not scaling with the difficulty increase. They have remained much the same.

If HP goes up by 3x, then the stats of the rewards should increase by between 2-3x.

I agree they need better rewards it takes a lot more time,effort and gold complete masters so rewards should be better

sw71
02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Is there list out for the prizes available on each masters lev. Need to know where is a realistic objective etc

Pidgeot
02-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Is there list out for the prizes available on each masters lev. Need to know where is a realistic objective etc

I saw a screenshot that said it was 600k attack and I think 800k defense with 2% alliance defense.

twelve twelve
02-09-2015, 05:32 PM

I hope Gree doesn't do this reward increase personally. It's just going to inflate stats further, widen the stats gap and alienate the larger community. The request was to make the event difficult so that top faction/players experience and get a harder challenge. it wasnt a call to make rewards bigger.

goldacre84
02-10-2015, 12:47 AM
If EVERY faction was able to complete masters mode on EVERY event, what do you think the result would be?!

Oh that's right...synchronised stat inflation across the board for that event thus negating any reward for completing the event! So here's the dilemma, for all you whiners out there...

(1) You keep playing, gold free (apart from vids) and be happy with what you've got, or

(2) Spend gold on the individual parts of the game (iLTQ, Epic boss) and raise your stats thus gaining increases on gold free players, or

(3) Pimp yourself out to a top faction, spend insane amounts of gold to warrant a place there and live a life engrossed in MW.

I've played the game for just over 3 years. For the first 2 years I was in and out of bit part factions. Then I got invited to a T25 faction for a FLTQ. I proved myself and kept my place. We're a faction who have recently dropped out of T25 for WD because there's too much gold involved up there. 10M WD points for T25 is insane and as a faction we've decided T50 is reasonable nowadays.

I've always played Gold free (except a vault purchase @ £39.99 to buy all the old LTB's when they were re-released)

I'm level 250, 15B att, 8B def. 5410 energy, regen rate of 14 per min. I complete 1 in every 2 iLTQ prestige events (gold free) using pre-staging. It's impossible sometimes to pre-stage (due to back to back LTQ's) so I sit one out and just harvest equipment (up to 780 army att)

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is when I joined the game, I enjoyed it. I know it's beyond my expectations to be at the very top so I enjoy the level I'm at. My stats pale into comparison with the monsters in this game but I can go out and raid $20B a day if I want. My faction is extremely active and even with all the big hitters we have, even we're having to take a step back and realise completing all events isn't possible. This RB will prove challenging but we'll give it our best.

That's how the game should be played. It's a game. Devote as much time as you wish but please stop complaining about this and that all the time, it's pathetic. Newbie's can enjoy the game, if you're prepared to accept where you're at.

Kiko Matsing
02-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Rewards are not that good in terms of unit stats, and final master reward is not that good either only 2%def while indy reward is 3%def

vball
02-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Brilliant. Could not agree more.

Newbies cry about LE, about poor unit boosts, about raid boss. Sadly, this is why most of us oldies rarely visit the boards anymore.

Masters is just that. A difficult and hard thing to complete. Not everyone should finish and when you do, it says something.

I feel the biggest nail in the coffin was the re-release of all the LE buildings. Catastrophic consequences on it.

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Brilliant. Could not agree more.

Newbies cry about LE, about poor unit boosts, about raid boss. Sadly, this is why most of us oldies rarely visit the boards anymore.

Masters is just that. A difficult and hard thing to complete. Not everyone should finish and when you do, it says something.

I feel the biggest nail in the coffin was the re-release of all the LE buildings. Catastrophic consequences on it.

Master isn't hard though. If you throw money at it, then it isn't hard. Its hard for those of us that dont want to drop a bank truck on it. The increase in health is also bad for you big spenders because you have to spend more and are getting less in return. 2% Alliance Defense should be a slap in your face when its 2 vaults a person to complete. Prizes for the top are also not that great anymore.

Master should be affordable while catering to a group of players. It's only geared to the top 2%, which creates more imbalance since those who use gold can't afford it. This is a game first and foremost and should be treated as such. The other thing is Prestige is also getting harder when most don't have the means to finish.

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 09:19 AM
If you are not willing to do what it takes to be in the top 2%, why should you be able to compete with the top 2%?

No, this is not a game first and foremost. It's a money making machine first, a social experiment second, and then a game in a very distant third.

dan2407
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Pidgeot you think it takes 2 vaults a person in top teams HAHAHA

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 09:55 AM
BTW Pidge, did you ever take up any of the offers to play at a higher level? If so, how did you fare?

Drakhoan
02-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Current boss health is in a good place. However a 100% increase for next RB would not be a good idea.

CC1
02-10-2015, 12:04 PM

Glad you like it. I hope you all spend enough to keep the game alive all by yourselves. The game has transitioned to an "all or nothing" structure whether intentional, unintended, or mearly perceived. Those that use to spend a little saw themselves improving little by little cycle by cycle. Now, they're losing ground. I don't mean just raid boss. Our team was finishing prestige FLTQs with 31 members. We've grown to 51 (most of the newcomers are HIGHLY active, moderate gold spenders). Now we can't even finish prestige. So what's the choice for light and moderate gold users that are losing ground anyway? It is spend more or stop spending all together. Most rational people will not raise their game budget for a game they perceive to be going in the wrong direction (equipment weighting, back-to-back-to-back FLTQs, customer no-service, taking a step back in progress, locked out of game with no compensation, etc.). So the only rational choice for moderate spenders, like me, is stop spending like I have done. People in situations like mine will stop playing, even free, when one of two things happens. 1) the game dies because it's no longer economically viable or 2) the accelerated loss of relative position causes frustration and loss of interest or "rage quit".

I'm not going to pretend to be able to predict this game dies this year (or next for that matter). So, number 1 is unknown. However, number 2 has already started for me. I don't even care enough to send tickets for errors anymore because it's a waste of time. No one listens or corrects the issues. They don't even pretend to care. And I am not alone. You guys in the rarified air of the ivory towers may think this is all just a speed-bump. But the grumblings in the teams ranked 300 or worse is substantial. Many of the new members we gained stepped down from much higher teams because the demands became more than they were willing to accept. Now, they're further frustrated because even a top 500 with 50+ members can't finish a prestige FLTQ unless the game is treated as a full-time job. Continuous frustration has but one eventual outcome.

I'm disciplined enough that I will not patronize a gaming business that has absolutely no regard for me as a customer unless I spend thousands of dollars a year. If I buy a $1 widget from Amazon and have an issue, I get treated with the same dignity and respect as someone that buys a $2,000 dollar 3D printer. That's what makes me spend more. Goals that are realistically attainable get resources (time and money). Goals that are too far out of reach are abandoned. I don't even entertain the thought of owning a yacht or Lear jet. Likewise, being relegated back to normal mode with it's worthless prizes means the game is dead to me. Perhaps I should be thankful that Gree did for free what the Betty Ford clinic would have charged me for i.e. break the addiction.

Clearly I'm still in recovery as I've spent too much time writing this for nothing. Gree will neither respond nor care about what any of us say unless it violates the TOS. What happened to "Dev Notes" and the promise of better communication? What happened when most everyone complained about the cycle shortening from 4 weeks to 3 weeks? What happened when almost everyone complained about the six day war before Christmas? Or the re-release of LTBs? Or the tank glitch? Or the airplane mode glitch? Or the attack glitch? Or the great lock-out of v.4.2? Or the equipment relevance? Why would they change? If moderates spend less, but whales spend more, there's no change in total revenue. Eventually, the T25s will be all that's left. It should make intel a lot easier when you face the same team every 25th war. Maybe then wars should just be simplified to an auction for the win. Losing the war? Raise your paddle. "I got two thousand gold. Two thousand. Do I here three? Going once, going twice, sold to the avatar in bullet proof sunglasses congratulations on your win."

vball
02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Master isn't hard though. If you throw money at it, then it isn't hard. Its hard for those of us that dont want to drop a bank truck on it. The increase in health is also bad for you big spenders because you have to spend more and are getting less in return. 2% Alliance Defense should be a slap in your face when its 2 vaults a person to complete. Prizes for the top are also not that great anymore.

Master should be affordable while catering to a group of players. It's only geared to the top 2%, which creates more imbalance since those who use gold can't afford it. This is a game first and foremost and should be treated as such. The other thing is Prestige is also getting harder when most don't have the means to finish.

Sigh, this is an example of why most of us do not come here anymore. No it does not take 2 vaults, actually none. Our minis in Pirate United Social Society also finish masters as well. I would say most in top factions enjoy jumping out and helping other factions finish. We do it not for anything, but to help.

There are some excellent comments here and quite true. My mini has weaker stats than my main He does not fight in the same faction, has less time in the game and so it is appropriate. Other players are weaker than mine, many stronger as well. That is just part of life.

Do you live in Greece? The austerity movement is taking too strong of a hold in this game.

truthteller
02-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Sigh, this is an example of why most of us do not come here anymore. No it does not take 2 vaults, actually none. Our minis in Pirate United Social Society also finish masters as well. I would say most in top factions enjoy jumping out and helping other factions finish. We do it not for anything, but to help.

There are some excellent comments here and quite true. My mini has weaker stats than my main He does not fight in the same faction, has less time in the game and so it is appropriate. Other players are weaker than mine, many stronger as well. That is just part of life.

Do you live in Greece? The austerity movement is taking too strong of a hold in this game.

Hi Vball

would you guys help us on RB masters? we are only at 14/29 and maybe we can make it to 16/29, then it will be almost impossible
we are only 45 players trying our best to finish masters, but those level 130 to 150 are a bit out of reach for us alone

Cheers

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 02:57 PM

I'm pretty sure your mini is more powerful for my main. I jump sometimes to help lower factions but these increases prevent me from doing so. We could use your help for sure if you'll be willing to do so.

What we're saying are these changes are too radical.

dan2407
02-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Your saying there to radical but a few months ago before the million stat units, raid boss health was 27bil when peoples PA was only 200-300mil, this is when it took near a vault each to finish for top 25 teams, I heard no complaining really back then.

It also amuses Me about how you complain about how much top teams spending has inflated the game and then you go and ask a member of a top team to help you hahahaha

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Your saying there to radical but a few months ago before the million stat units, raid boss health was 27bil when peoples PA was only 200-300mil, this is when it took near a vault each to finish for top 25 teams, I heard no complaining really back then.

It also amuses Me about how you complain about how much top teams spending has inflated the game and then you go and ask a member of a top team to help you hahahaha

There's nothing wrong with asking for help. 27b health is reasonable. 108b is not.

dan2407
02-10-2015, 03:57 PM
You are so dumb, back when the health first reached 27bil everyones PA was around 300mil

MW Flake
02-10-2015, 04:58 PM
You are so dumb, back when the health first reached 27bil everyones PA was around 300mil
Even then, Masters was achievable (with difficulty) for us at top 225. Yes, we did have some help, but all it did was speed things up and allow us to work on the Indv. portion for two days.

I see you are still carrying the full weight of your team Pidge.

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 06:30 PM

27b health was reasonable. 300m times 60 person faction is 18 billion damage in the first few minutes. With regen, you could take a boss down before it escapes you know, since you have 2 hours to finish it.

To make it harder and not increase the bosses health the way they did is to;
A- Make the boss hit harder and reduce the damage they take. Say 50 damage a hit and reduce PA to 4x attack or,
B- Reduce the time the boss stays active to say, 1 hour 30 minutes or just 1 hour.

This is the basis of of good balance game design. Health can get higher, sure but within reason. As a amateur game designer myself, you have to make things fair and not make it seem like you're in it for the money grab, even more so if you're making free to play.

If you wanted to rush boss, then you could use gold since you have the option. If you did not want to use gold, then you wait. Like MW Flake said, for us at the time, a top 500 faction, we could still beat masters. Sometimes we had just a few hours left for indie. Now we are around top 150 and was still beatable. Now master is out of reach, even with a large amount of gold from the faction.

You do know not one person needs to take a boss right, that its a team effort... Not that you'll know since you dont hit bosses anyway.

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Even then, Masters was achievable (with difficulty) for us at top 225. Yes, we did have some help, but all it did was speed things up and allow us to work on the Indv. portion for two days.

I see you are still carrying the full weight of your team Pidge.

Our team is solid, around 45 solid accounts but I do think some of the less active accounts can be removed. Can't want to see what will happen with 80 player factions.

dan2407
02-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Lol you actually think top 25 teams have 60 players on at a time to PA bosses, your a low level player with barely any money, gree will
Never care about you, your team and your empty wallets so please keep constantly moaning on the forums I actually look forward to your whining, it makes me laugh as I keep racking up the energy regens. I look forward to your thread on Friday when they buff the epic boss health

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Lol you actually think top 25 teams have 60 players on at a time to PA bosses, your a low level player with barely any money, gree will
Never care about you, your team and your empty wallets so please keep constantly moaning on the forums I actually look forward to your whining, it makes me laugh as I keep racking up the energy regens. I look forward to your thread on Friday when they buff the epic boss health

Its not GREE's fault if your faction doesnt have 60 players. You have the option to use 60 players but dont. Even with less than 60 players, your health regen is much higher that most other players so it makes up for it.

Likewise, I look forward to your trolling.

dan2407
02-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Read my post again and then look how stupid your reply sounds

Pidgeot
02-10-2015, 10:41 PM

I know how you are, was just trying to find out how to say it. You're the equivalent to a 12 year old boy who flaunts their parents success as their own until they have a life changing experience and come to the realization that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Seriously, grow up.

Sandhawk
02-10-2015, 11:24 PM

These were definitely mature responses. Kudos to you...

dan2407
02-11-2015, 04:47 AM
Grow up ? For a start your forum name is a Pokemon and secondly your calling someone a 12 year old boy when you spend every day crying about a game

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Our team is solid, around 45 solid accounts but I do think some of the less active accounts can be removed. Can't want to see what will happen with 80 player factions.

So you are looking at a max of 35-40 good, active accounts and you wonder why Masters is tough? You're missing 1/3 of the team and are probably one of the top 3 in your faction. How well do you think you would do being in the middle 20 on a fully maxed team?

Youve been given the answer numerous times. Stay, accept it for what it is, and cease complaining about it. Or move on, reap the rewards, and cease complaining about it.

Gree is not calling the shots here. You are.

Choose wisely. Or don't. But either way, the choice is yours, and yours alone.

Ozymandias
02-11-2015, 07:06 AM
It's almost exactly 1 year since my as then was Top 400 faction decided that we have a crack at killing a level 100 (Prestige 22/27). We picked a time when as many people would be on as possible, begged for help in jumper room, and with a couple of us dropping a few hundred gold each, finally wrestled it to the ground. The thought of ever finishing just prestige was a ridiculous dream.

When Masters started, we were a top 250 faction. With the help of a lot of jumpers, we were able to consistently finish prestige, although usually no more than a few hours spare. Again Masters was completely off our radar screen, with the exception of the one cycle where there was a bonus unit for killing the first level 105, which again we just about got down.

Now even with the "huge" increase in boss health, T250 factions will have prestige wrapped up within a day, and get a good way through masters.

When it was hard, you just did the best you could. Try to get further than other factions around your level through participation and building relationships with potential jumpers. In fact, it was actually quite fun... manning the door, watching the clock on each 100, tarting yourself around the various jumper rooms.

Pidgeot
02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Grow up ? For a start your forum name is a Pokemon and secondly your calling someone a 12 year old boy when you spend every day crying about a game

Pokemon is a big part of my life. Takes a lot to do well in tournaments and stay competitive. I will always speak out when I feel something is not right.

Pidgeot
02-11-2015, 09:35 AM
So you are looking at a max of 35-40 good, active accounts and you wonder why Masters is tough? You're missing 1/3 of the team and are probably one of the top 3 in your faction. How well do you think you would do being in the middle 20 on a fully maxed team?

Youve been given the answer numerous times. Stay, accept it for what it is, and cease complaining about it. Or move on, reap the rewards, and cease complaining about it.

Gree is not calling the shots here. You are.

Choose wisely. Or don't. But either way, the choice is yours, and yours alone.

We are looking to merge with another faction. It will help remove minis and replace them with human players. Just really hoping this 80 person faction turns out to be real.

dan2407
02-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Oh my god, how old are you?

truthteller
02-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Oh my god, how old are you?

Age is irrelevant, he could be 12 or 60

I have a niece that is only 8 and she is 100 times more polite and respectful to others than you for instance, so if you go by age = maturity/respectful to others, then that would make you 2yrs old compared to my niece

Pidgeot
02-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Ninja'd

10 characters

dan2407
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Practice what you preach
For all of grees failings, they have spent money to make a game that you can play for absolutely free, and all you whiners are doing is moaning and calling them incompetent among a host of other things, is this polite and respectful?

MW Flake
02-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Age is irrelevant, he could be 12 or 60

Actually it's not, as most forums have an age restriction in place. Not my job to hunt it down and see if that is being violated, but I do suppose it's somebody's.

Pidgeot
02-11-2015, 11:57 AM
I can assure you I'm not a minor.