PDA

View Full Version : Account transfer query

BruisersBro
02-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi, I'm looking to transfer someone elses account to my device. How is this now done since the new 'linking devices' function was introduced? Additionally, if it can only be done be linking accounts and the previous owner of account decides to delete game/account from phone, will it dissapear from my device that is/was linked to that account? Any help appreciated, Cheers

Clementine
02-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Hi, I'm looking to transfer someone elses account to my device. How is this now done since the new 'linking devices' function was introduced? Additionally, if it can only be done be linking accounts and the previous owner of account decides to delete game/account from phone, will it dissapear from my device that is/was linked to that account? Any help appreciated, Cheers

Please note that using another person's account (even if they gave it to you) is against the GREE Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms). Users that are found to be engaging in this type of behavior may have their game account(s) banned. More information can be found here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97819-Policy-Account-Sharing-Proxy-Servers-amp-Account-Security

BruisersBro
02-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks for reply. That link doesn't mention anything about account transfers though. It only suggests 'account sharing' is a violation. This would imply, more than 1 person using said account at the same time.

Another question then: I wish to transfer an account from my old phone to my new one and once done, sell my old phone. How would I go about this transfer? If I link accounts, once deleted on original phone, will account disappear on new (linked) one?

Thanks

Clementine
02-04-2015, 02:42 PM
You stated: "Hi, I'm looking to transfer someone elses account to my device. ". Transferring an account that is NOT yours to begin with to your device is against the Terms of Service, regardless of if they "gave" you their account or not. This is considered Account Sharing.

fuzzy
02-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Please note that using another person's account (even if they gave it to you) is against the GREE Terms of Service (http://product.gree.net/us/en/terms). Users that are found to be engaging in this type of behavior may have their game account(s) banned. More information can be found here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97819-Policy-Account-Sharing-Proxy-Servers-amp-Account-Security

Clememtine u make us all laugh at u....

A wild guess out of the top 10 teams (600 players) I would guess that 300 of those accounts have been sold / transfer from other players....it happens everyday in CC

There are at least 10 black market rooms on GroupMe where is is done daily....

Look the other way like Gree always does

aarondavidsdad
02-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Sharing and gifting/selling are independent of one another. If Gree wants to forbid gifting/selling then that specifically should be written in the ToS document.

BruisersBro
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Sharing and gifting/selling are independent of one another. If Gree wants to forbid gifting/selling then that specifically should be written in the ToS document.

My point exactly! Sharing has completely different meaning to transfer.

Oxford Dictionary:

noun
1A part or portion of a larger amount which is divided among a number of people, or to which a number of people contribute: under the proposals, investors would pay a greater share of the annual fees required we gave them all the chance to have a share in the profits
More example sentences Synonyms
1.1Each of the notional parts into which property held by joint owners is divided: Jake had a share in a large, seagoing vessel

Think you need to re-read the TOS you are quoting....

Vile Lynn
02-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I wish to transfer an account from my old [device] to my new one and once done, sell my old [device]. How would I go about this transfer? If I link accounts, once deleted on original phone, will account disappear on new (linked) one?

Thanks

I'd actually like to know, too, because I cannot play the app on my 1st Gen iPad.
I would like to transfer my 3.5yo acct to a newer device without losing any of my active accounts thru Game Center.

And, what does "linking accounts" mean?

Jason_Bourne
02-04-2015, 03:14 PM

Wait a second... did Clementine actually respond to an inquiry on the forum in 8 minutes???? What spell did you use use BruisersBro??!

BruisersBro
02-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Wait a second... did Clementine actually respond to an inquiry on the forum in 8 minutes???? What spell did you use use BruisersBro??!

Just lucky I guess! ;)

BruisersBro
02-04-2015, 03:34 PM
I'd actually like to know, too, because I cannot play the app on my 1st Gen iPad.
I would like to transfer my 3.5yo acct to a newer device without losing any of my active accounts thru Game Center.

And, what does "linking accounts" mean?

Linking accounts, is where you can play any of your accounts on any of the devices one of those accounts is on. (new feature in Jan update) I have 4 accounts playable on my one iphone. I still have the original devices for these accounts though and not sure if i wipe any of these devices if that account would disappear and not show on my phone anymore. (this is a genuine question/query and separate from the new account i wish to aquire!)

You do need access to original device with account you want to link from to set it up though Vile Lynn....

Weasel
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM
You stated: "Hi, I'm looking to transfer someone elses account to my device. ". Transferring an account that is NOT yours to begin with to your device is against the Terms of Service, regardless of if they "gave" you their account or not. This is considered Account Sharing.

Who peed in your corn flakes? It's irrelevant where the transferred account originates from, OP wants to know how to transfer accounts between devices since it's not really that clear of a process anymore.

And an official Gree mod is just on here trolling about "shared" accounts. Shame on you. It's common knowledge among the long term player base that many of the strongest accounts in the game have been shared, transferred, gifted, sold, or otherwise been under the "ownership" of multiple individuals.

"Shared accounts" happen, so either they are against the TOS for some but not others, at Gree's discretion obviously, or Gree has no actual way to determine if the person playing an account is the original "owner". And since Gree can record and use all sorts of identifying information from each device running the game, I would be quite doubtful if anyone said and meant "Gree has no way of knowing."

Rookeye
02-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Wait...are you saying the Game originator--who clearly forbids in in several places the sharing or selling of accounts--shouldnt try to enforce their own rules? Shame on who, again? :rolleyes:

Dipstik
02-05-2015, 05:28 AM
Query is a hateful and ignorant word.

smokey77
02-05-2015, 05:53 AM

Quite amusing given that this thread has been up for 2 weeks , blatantly trying to sell an account for Paypal :rolleyes:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?104368-Syndicate-for-sale-150-bonuses