PDA

View Full Version : WD Points don't add up

Kefa
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
I know others - if not everyone - experienced this, too, because I saw allot of chatter and screen shots.

Firstly, after the first war - when it was the only war so far - the points scored in that war and the team total so far did not match. In our case, our war total was 298 points lower than our leader-board total, while our opponent's leader-board total was 1,102 points higher than their war total. Where did the other points come from?

Ours: 121,378 war, 121,676 total (298 extra, 0.25%)
Theirs: 151,604 war, 152,706 total (1,102 extra, 0.7%)

Secondly, since seeing this, we took screen shots of every war results screen, and the anomaly continued throughout the weekend. After the event ended I added up all the points from all the battle results screen shots. The total was 3,363,877, yet our total leader-board points tally was 3,350,010 - 16,623 points higher than the sum total of each war's results.

Thirdly, having taken screen shots of every team member's individual points at the end of the event, I also added up that total. Not too surprisingly, the total of each member's points added together was again 3,363,387 - again, 16,623 points lower than the team total and the number shown on the leader-board. (no one left nor joined the team - we ended the event with the exact same roster with which we started the event)

It would be nice to consider this an error in our favor and be silently grateful (free points, right?), were it not for that first screen shot from the first battle result that showed our opponent also receiving extra, unearned points, in a ratio amount quite higher than ours.

Add this to our observation 3 wars ago when we lost our top 25 division prize by 3,000 points. In another thread I pointed out that our opponent's total leader-board points at the beginning of the final war was lower than our total leader-board points, and during that final war we outscored our opponent by 1.5:1 and won the war, yet they somehow ended up with a final total point value higher than ours and ranked that one spot higher than we did on the final leader-board. For that I was poo-pooed at first.

Something is very broken. The game is somehow giving teams extra points in WD, and not in equal amounts from team to team. It would appear that in some cases it even changes the final leader-board position in a way significant enough to cause some teams to miss out on certain prizes, shuffling the final leader-board positions for those teams who are "on the bubble".

I strongly encourage all teams to get screen shots of every battle result and all your members' individual points at the end of the events, because this absolutely needs to get fixed. With all the issues, bugs, glitches and other problems, there simply is nothing worse than an inaccurate, unfair or, worst case, dishonest, leader-board in a competitive leader-board event.

Edit: I could attribute it to lag or the leader-board not always being real-time refreshed, but that doesn't explain the screen shot from the first war, which is probably the easiest tell-tale in tracking down the issue.

Web323
02-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Double and triple strikes that show as a loss maybe

Relic
02-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Hi,

Is it possible for you to PM me some screen shots of this that I can send up to the team? It would be appreciated!

Thanks.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-04-2015, 11:55 AM
I know others - if not everyone - experienced this, too, because I saw allot of chatter and screen shots.

Firstly, after the first war - when it was the only war so far - the points scored in that war and the team total so far did not match. In our case, our war total was 298 points lower than our leader-board total, while our opponent's leader-board total was 1,102 points higher than their war total. Where did the other points come from?

Ours: 121,378 war, 121,676 total (298 extra, 0.25%)
Theirs: 151,604 war, 152,706 total (1,102 extra, 0.7%)

Secondly, since seeing this, we took screen shots of every war results screen, and the anomaly continued throughout the weekend. After the event ended I added up all the points from all the battle results screen shots. The total was 3,363,877, yet our total leader-board points tally was 3,350,010 - 16,623 points higher than the sum total of each war's results.

Thirdly, having taken screen shots of every team member's individual points at the end of the event, I also added up that total. Not too surprisingly, the total of each member's points added together was again 3,363,387 - again, 16,623 points lower than the team total and the number shown on the leader-board. (no one left nor joined the team - we ended the event with the exact same roster with which we started the event)

It would be nice to consider this an error in our favor and be silently grateful (free points, right?), were it not for that first screen shot from the first battle result that showed our opponent also receiving extra, unearned points, in a ratio amount quite higher than ours.

Add this to our observation 3 wars ago when we lost our top 25 division prize by 3,000 points. In another thread I pointed out that our opponent's total leader-board points at the beginning of the final war was lower than our total leader-board points, and during that final war we outscored our opponent by 1.5:1 and won the war, yet they somehow ended up with a final total point value higher than ours and ranked that one spot higher than we did on the final leader-board. For that I was poo-pooed at first.

Something is very broken. The game is somehow giving teams extra points in WD, and not in equal amounts from team to team. It would appear that in some cases it even changes the final leader-board position in a way significant enough to cause some teams to miss out on certain prizes, shuffling the final leader-board positions for those teams who are "on the bubble".

I strongly encourage all teams to get screen shots of every battle result and all your members' individual points at the end of the events, because this absolutely needs to get fixed. With all the issues, bugs, glitches and other problems, there simply is nothing worse than an inaccurate, unfair or, worst case, dishonest, leader-board in a competitive leader-board event.

Edit: I could attribute it to lag or the leader-board not always being real-time refreshed, but that doesn't explain the screen shot from the first war, which is probably the easiest tell-tale in tracking down the issue.

Your math doesn't allow for losses.
If Wombat attacked Pretzel and lost, the points lost would be subtracted from the points your team had acquired.
From what you say, tappers on your team lost nearly 17,000 points.

That takes me to something that would make everything easier to calculate.
All successful wall and CC hits should equal 1.00 points.
All successful hits on opposing tappers should equal 1.00 points.

Kefa
02-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Your math doesn't allow for losses.
If Wombat attacked Pretzel and lost, the points lost would be subtracted from the points your team had acquired.
From what you say, tappers on your team lost nearly 17,000 points.

That takes me to something that would make everything easier to calculate.
All successful wall and CC hits should equal 1.00 points.
All successful hits on opposing tappers should equal 1.00 points.

I get that losses give the other team points, but wouldn't that appear in the final splash screen for the battle as part of their points total?

Also, when you attack someone and lose, that someone gets the points added to their total in the team's roster list, along with a credited win. That's why someone who never logged in still shows wins, losses and points credited to their name, even though they never tapped nuttin the whole event ;)

Kefa
02-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Hi,

Is it possible for you to PM me some screen shots of this that I can send up to the team? It would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I'll put together a zip file and PM you a link.

Relic
02-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I'll put together a zip file and PM you a link.

Thank you!

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-04-2015, 12:35 PM
I get that losses give the other team points, but wouldn't that appear in the final splash screen for the battle as part of their points total?

That should be true.

As your research indicates, the final splash screen isn't that accurate.

The point totals awarded to each tapper are also somewhat suspect. Why?

A couple wars back, I actually tallied one tappers totals by recording what the tapper got each try.
The tapper's total was off by about 15%.
I made sure the TEST TAPPER never took any losses.
There should have been a delta that amounted to those passive points acquired when a weaker tapper lost the attack.
Sorry, there was no such delta.

Also, when you attack someone and lose, that someone gets the points added to their total in the team's roster list, along with a credited win. That's why someone who never logged in still shows wins, losses and points credited to their name, even though they never tapped nuttin the whole event ;)

That should be true.
However, things don't always function as they should.
In many cases the passive points he acquired never get added to his WD points total.

Bob Belcher
02-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Index fingers up, don't tap! I can't tap!

Sure seems to be a lot of tapping for a DEW NUTTIN...lmao