02-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Anyone else hearing this ?

Oh oh Gree
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
No nope no nope.

Great thread by the way.

East Coast Bias
02-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Bad move. They should actually reduce faction sizes to force teams to pick who they really want. Perhaps 30-40.

Indiana
02-02-2015, 04:55 PM
The reduction in the faction size is a good option provided that they reduce the overall FLTQ requirement to match it.

Rolinz
02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
if they increase faction sizes, you are going to have these huge monster factions that becomes almost unbeatable. not going to create competition but would only alienate the lower players or free gold players.

it would probably get the ones spending on gold to spend more. but could also get more people to stop spending all together.

let's see how fast Rome will burn to the ground.

NexusImperium
02-03-2015, 08:51 AM
@Rolinz I get your point but I actually kinda disagree. With attrition there's already faction consolidation going on, with some of the less-active lower-ranked factions dying off as members go inactive or move into high-ranked factions to replace high-rank members who've hung up their war boots.

It's not hard anymore as a free player to get into a top 200 faction, and an increase of faction size will make it easier still, and I believe things will be more competitive at the top as a result.

Although with more members, full factions will experience a little more player churn at the fringes with their less active players, especially factions with hard & fast minimum requirements. So I think full 80-member factions will actually be quite rare, with only the top 50 actually being genuinely full.

Dirty Mind
02-03-2015, 10:24 AM
if they increase faction sizes, you are going to have these huge monster factions that becomes almost unbeatable.
Yikes, could you imagine what that would be like?

Rolinz
02-03-2015, 10:30 AM
@Rolinz I get your point but I actually kinda disagree. With attrition there's already faction consolidation going on, with some of the less-active lower-ranked factions dying off as members go inactive or move into high-ranked factions to replace high-rank members who've hung up their war boots.

It's not hard anymore as a free player to get into a top 200 faction, and an increase of faction size will make it easier still, and I believe things will be more competitive at the top as a result.

Although with more members, full factions will experience a little more player churn at the fringes with their less active players, especially factions with hard & fast minimum requirements. So I think full 80-member factions will actually be quite rare, with only the top 50 actually being genuinely full.

Thank you NexusImperium for giving me another viewpoint. :)

We will wait and see when they ever do increase it and how it all plays out.