PDA

View Full Version : Current wd - matchups and stat inflation

plavine
02-02-2015, 07:18 AM
This for lower factions :
1) matchups are still brutal - as longtime free players who are in the mid 200's level are now facing players 100-150 levels below with equal Attack/def #'s
My current battle is against a30 person faction : DL is 2.5 bil. the rest of the faction are all newbies with fewer than 50 allies( wall hitters I guess)
Two other players are below level 100 ; one with a 230 mil defense ( I won and got 100 points ) and one with a 360 mil def .
My highest player is 325 mil , and we have 5 players between 100-150 mil.
Once we used 2 megas to get the DL down , we have choice of their level 13 wall or really low players .
All their 3 players have to do is hit us a few times and due to the massive level difference they will score more points than we will be able to . We can't even match hit for hit because they get double our points
Something needs to be done to level the playing field for older players who are artificially high from all the xp we got from doing the area quests .
Maybe new players should have to complete the areas to participate in the LTQs

dan2407
02-02-2015, 08:09 AM
1) matchups are still brutal - as longtime free players who are in the mid 200's level are now facing players 100-150 levels below with equal Attack/def #'s
My current battle is against a30 person faction : DL is 2.5 bil. the rest of the faction are all newbies with fewer than 50 allies( wall hitters I guess)
Two other players are below level 100 ; one with a 230 mil defense ( I won and got 100 points ) and one with a 360 mil def .
My highest player is 325 mil , and we have 5 players between 100-150 mil.
Once we used 2 megas to get the DL down , we have choice of their level 13 wall or really low players .
All their 3 players have to do is hit us a few times and due to the massive level difference they will score more points than we will be able to . We can't even match hit for hit because they get double our points
Something needs to be done to level the playing field for older players who are artificially high from all the xp we got from doing the area quests .

Sounds like you have come up against a streak team designed to make sure you can't hit them so they get easy low scoring wins to keep there rank low

NexusImperium
02-02-2015, 08:57 AM

This is a great suggestion. It used to be that in order to progress through the LTQs you had to purchase certain units, which could only be obtained by upgrading your unit buildings. I'd like to see this come back again.

MW Flake
02-02-2015, 11:09 AM
First, just what is a lower faction? 500? 1000? 4000? Second, what do you consider longtime free? I ask this because at just over two years in as a "free" player ($10-$20 once or twice; no more than $50 total), I see significant differences in level (lower) and stats (higher) from what you describe yourselves as. I can't see that little bit of money making such a huge difference. Maps were known even before I started to be a waste, so I can't imagine you played them all that much more than me. Or were you farming the hell out of TR's? Anyway, I'm just trying to wrap my head around whether there is really a problem, or you all just happened to make some really bad choices along the way. Unless you have some serious health or energy bonuses, you should have probably just started new accounts when equipment was introduced (might not be too late). Without any info to suggest differently, it seems that it might just be that you are feeling the effects from what looks like overall lax play. No disrespect in that, just making a blunt observation.

truthteller
02-02-2015, 11:14 AM
This is a great suggestion. It used to be that in order to progress through the LTQs you had to purchase certain units, which could only be obtained by upgrading your unit buildings. I'd like to see this come back again.

the downside with that is (was) that new players take a very long time to upgrade their unit buildings, thus cannot participate in LTQ even if they wanted to spend GOLD, thus I think is the reason Gree took that format out of the events

GGG
02-03-2015, 09:37 AM

So you did Area Quests and leveled up faster then you would have liked? And now you want everyone to be forced to complete Area Quests so that they level up faster too?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm understanding here.

DieselPowered
02-03-2015, 04:23 PM
I remember back when we had to do the original maps and unlock new maps for the ltqs... but that was also back in the good ol funzio days. The ltq used the targets currently walking around the maps. If you were not a high enough level then you could not complete the ltq. You also had to have certain units in order to kill said targets, which meant that you had to upgrade your unit buildings in order to buy them. If your unit buildings were upgrading then you sure couldnt upgrade your money buildings at the same time. Which meant that you had to attack or raid to get money. Many of us that have played since that long ago had to level up in order to play in the events. Back then there was NO penalty for leveling up like there is now. Since those days i do seem to remember an ltq that had outrageous experience and the wonderful PvP events for battle points.... which meant that you were attacking and raiding ALOT.

I do have to agree with the op, thats my personal opinion, take it as you will. However by participating in events and doing our part for the faction made us increase in level, on the other hand, not leveling up by not participating in events makes you a slacker that is taking advantage of others hard work. So either way its a lose/lose situation.

MW Flake
02-03-2015, 04:28 PM
LTQ's were never under Funzio.

DieselPowered
02-03-2015, 06:47 PM
im lucky to remember back then... if thats the only mistake then today was a good day ;-)

Annihilator2
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
LTQ's were never under Funzio.

Disagree.
Funzio LTQs were only indi, standard map targets were used, prestige was after finishing normal, units with boosts were in the middle of normal and prestige (not only with final unit), first LTQs were one per cycle.

How much time are you playing?

Agent Orange
02-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Fyi, LTQs are only unlocked at L10. Prestige at L15 and don't remember what is required for Master.

In terms of dealing with factions with a high stat DL but low stat subs, you just need to rethink your strategy as these teams are very easy to kill. Don't forget those low stat players cannot score points against you so that means that the DL has to use up health refills to catch up.

plavine
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
First, just what is a lower faction? 500? 1000? 4000? Second, what do you consider longtime free? I ask this because at just over two years in as a "free" player ($10-$20 once or twice; no more than $50 total), I see significant differences in level (lower) and stats (higher) from what you describe yourselves as. I can't see that little bit of money making such a huge difference. Maps were known even before I started to be a waste, so I can't imagine you played them all that much more than me. Or were you farming the hell out of TR's? Anyway, I'm just trying to wrap my head around whether there is really a problem, or you all just happened to make some really bad choices along the way. Unless you have some serious health or energy bonuses, you should have probably just started new accounts when equipment was introduced (might not be too late). Without any info to suggest differently, it seems that it might just be that you are feeling the effects from what looks like overall lax play. No disrespect in that, just making a blunt observation.

I'm a pretty regular player ( a least that's what my data plan usage suggests ) my faction is top 2000. I know I'm at the bottom (level 234 Attack 150 mil /defense 149 mil) and really don't care that much , except the matchups are done by Attack strength. With all the new improvements and temp bonuses to increase stats LLP have a chance to be 100-300 mil pretty quickly ( much quicker than I did ) . So the matchups aren't really fair as far as scoring points. I think my level & many other players like are "artificially " at least 50 levels higher due to maps quests that were our only option .

I appreciated your response and input.

plavine
02-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Fyi, LTQs are only unlocked at L10. Prestige at L15 and don't remember what is required for Master.

In terms of dealing with factions with a high stat DL but low stat subs, you just need to rethink your strategy as these teams are very easy to kill. Don't forget those low stat players cannot score points against you so that means that the DL has to use up health refills to catch up.
The low stat players can't score ( we have those too), but a level 60 hitting me at level 234 is a windfall for him

plavine
02-05-2015, 09:53 AM
So you did Area Quests and leveled up faster then you would have liked? And now you want everyone to be forced to complete Area Quests so that they level up faster too?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm understanding here.
Yes , that is exactly what I am saying . There is no reason to do the area maps now. So a newbie / mini can raise stats much quicker ( with indestructible units too) with out leveling up once a week

Modern War Forum GF
02-05-2015, 12:28 PM
THE basics...

A new account like THE mini you are talking About are NEVER going to catch up to THE modifiers you have currently (if you decide to restart) In time Everyone Will reach a high level...

So YES on WD they have an advantage over you! as Well as on epic boss! BUT on raid boss and iLTQ, FLTQ your higher level has an advantage cause lvl is not important there...

Agent Orange
02-05-2015, 01:36 PM
The low stat players can't score ( we have those too), but a level 60 hitting me at level 234 is a windfall for him

Yes all 4 times unless they use refills or gold...... So you PA the DL twice and then open up their faction like a tin of sardines.

DieselPowered
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
It not about opening up the faction to hit... that is easy just as you have explained it...but for example....our factions last battle in wd we were matched against a team whos highest level player was a 125 (yes we scouted them all). Most of us are well over 200. Not only did we get our butts kicked by losing to their stats (which happens and kudos to them on their stats) but for the couple opponents that we could defeat, we got about (slightly more) the same points as hitting the command center (80-100) While they recieve much higher points as a level 100 or less beating a lvl 200+. Please dont get me wrong as i am not complaining about losing the battle. Ya win some and ya lose some. Its just that way back when i/we were a level 100, as these guys are, we had to do the map missions and level up in order to participate. Not to mention the stat difference in units between then and now.

Now, for a possible solution to the op complaint (not that im hopeful that gree will actually do anything), make the points for a win based upon stat difference between attacker and defender insead of based upon level difference. Say, for example that attacker has 10 bil atk and defender has 9 bil defense then that should be a higher point value then say 10b atk vs 1b def. Its just the opinion of an old man (as my kids always say) but i believe this would level the playing field much better than higher points for a low level defeating a higher level. This is the only game that i have ever played that penalizes players for leveling up.

MW Flake
02-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Disagree.
Funzio LTQs were only indi, standard map targets were used, prestige was after finishing normal, units with boosts were in the middle of normal and prestige (not only with final unit), first LTQs were one per cycle.

How much time are you playing?

I've been playing since late 2012. By the time I started, it was already a Gree title (aquired from Funzio 6 months prior). LTQ's (at least in MW) didn't start until 2013, after WD. I was here for the first one, which did not even use maps, but was the PvP event several have asked to bring back. There was so much outcry about it that the next LTQ switched to the maps.

So as I was saying before, if you started after 2012 and were hitting maps, then you made a giant mistake and are paying the price for it. It sucks, but it is what it is. Can't blame Gree for that too much.