PDA

View Full Version : The legend of all time.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Have go yourself a go, mate.
Tell us who is THE MW LEGEND of all LEGENDS?

feel free to WRITE IN anyone NOT on the list.

dan2407
02-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Still doing nothing I see..

Front Runner NL
02-01-2015, 09:15 AM
where is flan

ezmunie
02-01-2015, 09:20 AM
They are legends in their own mind.

Personally, I don't care.

Area51z
02-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Maybe need to add in a "Me" option. Lol

Agent Orange
02-01-2015, 03:17 PM

I'd have to say either General Insane or Dingleberry. GI rewrote the MW playbook, co created PUN, was called every name under the sun and kicked everyone's butt. Oh and created the legendary cloak.

Dingleberry, also a PUN co creator and stand up player.

East Coast Bias
02-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Whoever was the first to come up with the gold hack looking at the MW code.

Speed ump
02-01-2015, 04:36 PM
There is no one greatest, so many have contributed to the experience we have all had for the last three plus years. For some it has been in ways other than tapping. The ones posting the prices and tears, the ltq energy requirements, the targets for presaging, etc etc. the many great debaters in the forum, and no, not the trolls. People who created and started new ideas and ways of playing. The leaders of teams that have spent untold hours for the benefit of their team. And yes, the big time tappers in the game, as we all do look at the leaderboard. The teams at each level who have given us the completion that without, would have made for a rather boring game. Maybe mr dew brought this up since tonight we may see Tom Brady cement his place as best qb of all time, though I'm sure many would debate that too. Go Pats.

Bloodlust_revenge
02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Noonga. Easily. Hands down.

Robg
02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Gooooo Salty.������

Ron D.
02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I second it. Noonga hands down

yorkie88
02-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Everyone who hasn't been in sup...

East Coast Bias
02-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Shall we ignore votes by those with less than 100 posts? :D

Ron D.
02-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Now how would that be a fair poll if you have to have more than 100 posts

Maestro
02-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Can't have Ferr without his nemesis Pirate Justice! Also don't forget about some old great players that Gree drove off names like little fruit fly and the great Munch (Noonga wishes he was Munch)

generalpain
02-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Sodium Nitrate is a legend in his own world.

yorkie88
02-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Noonga has my vote...

Captain Steelman
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Since there was, is and always will be, only one shining star in this game, I have to put my vote on the on the most obvious player.... I know there is a some great PUN/SUP players out there, and many more not mentioned here, but when it comes to a singel playerīs contribution to his faction and to this game there is simple only one, Mr Ferr....

I also would like to lift up another great player, SUPERGIRL.... She is, together with Kristin, my favorite MW female... ;-)

Genen
02-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Steelman could you please tell masses about great contribution that Ferr provided to this game. And while you are thinking about that also could you please explain if he was so loved and admired why his lieutenants kicked him out from the flock?

lemonhaze
02-02-2015, 05:33 PM

THIEF from VFFL u forgot to put him on the list..not sure what u put riddler?mr freeze..he does nothing but run around and type retarded stuff on my wall..and Genie is runs around typeing stuff in his broken english that no one can understand lool

manbeast
02-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I vote for Ryan

East Coast Bias
02-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Ok, I change my vote to Noonga as he has a love for SUP and ACE.

Captain Steelman
02-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Steelman could you please tell masses about great contribution that Ferr provided to this game. And while you are thinking about that also could you please explain if he was so loved and admired why his lieutenants kicked him out from the flock?

Ok Genen... Since you ask in such a polite way I will...

1. Long before the times of factions there was only one great battle, the fight for the top 1 position as the strongest player in the game... One of the most wanted rewards was the rank 1 leaderboard box event reward, also called the auction event... Ferr did win this event over and over again with the rush strategy.. He collected up to 4-500 tokens in the last hour when the leaderboard was frozen... By doing so he frustrated a group of players that had formed a pack and called them selfs pirates. I do understand the feeling... To see your self at the top spot with a 200 token lead just to recive a slap in the face one hour later when finding out that Ferr wan with a 100 token lead.. LoL

Anyway, since none was 100% golden yet there was a way to dethrone Ferr and bring his stats down and that was to simple attack and raid him as much as possible in order to kill his units...Ferr had farmed a map reward unit that was very strong at the time and he had approx 1000 of them... So the pirates took turns and attacked him 24/7 in order to kill all of those units.. On top of that Ferr was at the time a monster IPH player with an IPH of 4 mil+.... The masses had never seen a lv10 Nano and Ferr had both at lv 10.... I dont think there is another player that have recived as many Allie requests as Ferr... Everyone wanted to scroll around in his base...

So came the day of factions and since the pirates already was more and less organized they formed PUN, Pirates Untited Nation, and many of them were top players that had fought Ferr in the past... However, Ferr was invited to join PUN but kindly refused... He wanted to keep this Ferr vs Pirates or Good vs Evil gameplay alive.... While the pirates was reqruiting with requierments, Ferr just invited anyone from this forum... So there we were, a peasant army in Ferrīs faction.... However, in the eyeīs of Ferr we were all Emperors so thats why the faction name Ferrīs Emperors... ( Ferrīs, because of the past battles and since he was the archenemy of the pirates. Ferrīs became the trademark of good as well as the Pirates became the trademark of evil... And Emperors, because that was how he saw us, the members of his crew )

And then came the Brazil WD event... Who could belive that the peasant army, ( later called penguins ), should end up at rank 2..? Some thought Ferr scored most of the points himself, like 15-20 mil, but in fact it was a team effort... The battles continued all over the world and during the Ireland WD event there was a fearsome battle between PUN and Ferrīs Emperors.. The top 1 rank pending between the 2 factions and at the end, PUN ranked no 1 with a final score of 89mil vs 88 mil.... Had the Emperors got paired faster at the end there would have been one more battle for us and PUN would have had to see Ferrīs at rank 1.....

Anyway, this was too much for PUN and they knew that another battle like this and they will lose... So in order to secure the top spot they surrendered their name Pirate United Nation and merged with the rank 3 team, SUPERFACTION, and SUP ( Super United Pirates ) was born...
One could almost say that Ferr and his team in the end actually did beat the Pirates since they changed their flag in order to host reinforces...

Well, all of this action we, in this forum, could follow and witness.... Without Ferr it would not have been the same... That is the contribution to this game by Ferr.... So he is the Legend of all Legends.. And even SUP knows this and acknowledge him as the Legend by the creation of a dedicated SUP chatroom for Ferr and his buildings collect times... That kind of sums it up, doesnīt it.....?

2. As you know, Genen, a leader cant be kicked.. He/she has to leave voluntary... In this case I think it was a mutual decision by Ferr and the Officers to handle over the leadership to RIPPER... We all know that Ferr steped out to slowly fade away and eventually leave the game, never to return...

And thatīs my 2 cents.. But haters, what is it that they do..?

Spetsnaz
02-03-2015, 12:51 AM
McDoc the godfather. Go VFF

Bloodlust_revenge
02-03-2015, 03:41 AM

Gene,
don't worry about the old flock. worry about these new generation birds. And you are pissing me off, are you gonna vote for me or not?

J1mcrane
02-03-2015, 03:48 AM
Seriously? I normally find your posts kind of interesting, but you are clutching at straws with this one. Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself, but "legends" ? Come on it's just someone who is willing to spend more money than the next guy.
I like this game, in fact more than I probably should, but I don't believe there are actual legends that emerge from it, so I will refrain from casting a vote.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Seriously? I normally find your posts kind of interesting, but you are clutching at straws with this one. Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself, but "legends" ? Come on it's just someone who is willing to spend more money than the next guy.
I like this game, in fact more than I probably should, but I don't believe there are actual legends that emerge from it, so I will refrain from casting a vote.

I'm sorry you find this thread less than what you've come to expect from the friendly, fine folk of DEW NUTTIN.
Is there nothing we can DEW to help you?
As a proud DEW NUTTIN, we value the feedback we receive from the public.
We DEW try to please as we strive to TEASE.

Perhaps, Merriam-Webster can better explain LEGEND for all of us.
leg·end

noun \ˈle-jənd\ : a story from the past that is believed by many people but cannot be proved to be true
: a famous or important person who is known for doing something extremely well

Examples of LEGEND

I don't believe the legends I've heard about that tapper or this game. :)
The legend that grew over many lost weekends. :confused:
He became a Modern War legend. :cool:
DEW NUTTIN customer service is legendary in their warped, confused, tiny minds. :rolleyes:
The gravestone bears the legend “May she forever tap in Peace.” :(

J1mcrane
02-03-2015, 04:19 AM
No need to apologise, you can't alway hit the metaphoric nail on the head with every post, I'll just avert my eyes.
Thanks for clearing up the meaning of "legend", though this only cements further my belief that Legends doth emerge from a game by Gree.

MW Flake
02-03-2015, 04:23 AM

There are many legends in this game, though almost none are actually listed in the poll. Those that actually DID do something. Danimal & Larry (and all of their lesser known helpers), Dev before them, I forget the name but whoever it was that initially provided us all with various game calculators, McDoc (if you know, you know; if not, I don't want to restart an old debate), and others this tired brain can't recall. Hell, even CJ deserves an honorary mention (we never said it had to be for something good lol).

J1mcrane
02-03-2015, 04:32 AM
There are many legends in this game, though almost none are actually listed in the poll. Those that actually DID do something. Danimal & Larry (and all of their lesser known helpers), Dev before them, I forget the name but whoever it was that initially provided us all with various game calculators, McDoc (if you know, you know; if not, I don't want to restart an old debate), and others this tired brain can't recall. Hell, even CJ deserves an honorary mention (we never said it had to be for something good lol).

Yeah point taken. I was thinking of people who just sat there and tap tap tapped, I don't consider that legendary. Though the game is about building friendships and a community, in that respect, those people who help that building process are in with a shout.

thescondo
02-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Can't have Ferr without his nemesis Pirate Justice! Also don't forget about some old great players that Gree drove off names like little fruit fly and the great Munch (Noonga wishes he was Munch)

Pirate Justice!!!

Save your Groats

ScrewThis
02-03-2015, 12:11 PM
His name was Devin. Modern War GOD of walkthroughs. Kicked in the teeth by GreeD.

pelle plutt
02-03-2015, 12:14 PM
how about Stephen?

And i second Flan, he was after all the first guy with his own unit

+ you forgot Devin, he invented the structured sharing of intel (and got his own unit)

Jose Rodrigues
02-03-2015, 12:17 PM
#Riplaki

The warrior you must have in your army

Kefa
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM

Yeah, Dew, like others have said, why didn't you put Pirate Justice on the list? He's kinda legendary, don't you think? ;)

Dreson7
02-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Me, obviously

Ryans67
02-03-2015, 07:45 PM
People still play this game?

Maverick was the original collaborator of information. Lots of work in those original spreadsheets.

As for sheer tapping? Has anyone come close to what Riddler scored across 3 accounts? 21m if I recall correctly.

I'd also say for sheer entertainment, bird trapper.

And Manbeast, top recruiter there ever was.

You guys should check out CoC, far more strategic. ;)

Speed ump
02-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Stelleman, you have your facts quite wrong. Ferr did not even come into being until long after pun had been well established, and a number of their members had long been the strongest in the game, and long been fully gold. Mr dew himself was the very first to achieve this status, followed vey shortly by myself, though I was the stronger at the time. It was true that mr dew, myself, and another of our team chose to remove those non told u its from ferr, and I even followed him down to one ally, where he tried to hide from us. After that time, it was ferr goal to attempt to beat us once wd began. Of course we would never allow such a thing, and he eventually retired, his dream unfulfilled. He was probably one of the greatest boasters with his posts here of proclamations of great victories over pun/sup. He waged a mighty war of propaganda in the forums, unfortainately not matched to the same level in battle ( yes tap tapping on the
weekends) and no, he was not the first to win those early crate event, and not the only one to do so, nor did he even win the most. He misunderstood early in wd, that one large spender could not defeat pun. In the end, he was living large for about a year in the existence of the game, before he retired. The game has been around for over three years. For the time he was here, and wd existed, he did give pun their best competion. I enjoyed the great propaganda wars we waged together in the forums. He did try to coerce gree to do what he felt was the right thing in several instances for the players. Pun took much grief early on in the game for taking matters into our own hands, as we realized that waiting for gree to was an exercise in futility. Some did not like it, but we did clean up the language being used on walls in the game back then. That's part of where used this negative image by some ( the top players will always inherently be viewed in a negative way from jealousy, this is true of most games I have been involved with) you each have to define what is legendary to you. The highest scorer, and in what categories, the strongest stats, the first to do this or that, however you wish to define that. As seen here, many view it differently. A legendary status won't buy anyone a cup of coffee, or get your photo in any celebrity magazine. I've enjoyed the fun I've had, the people I've met, and in the end the entertainment I created for myself throughout the last three years plus. There are many greats for many diff reasons, as related to this game. And most people in the world wouldn't care two cents about it either way.

Agent Orange
02-04-2015, 12:51 PM
how about Stephen?

And i second Flan, he was after all the first guy with his own unit

+ you forgot Devin, he invented the structured sharing of intel (and got his own unit)

Stephen as in Speed? Flan was a troll and the second after that camper dude to populate my ignore list.
Deven for sure, he helped out a lot of players with his shared intell.

pelle plutt
02-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Stephen as in Speed? Flan was a troll and the second after that camper dude to populate my ignore list.
Deven for sure, he helped out a lot of players with his shared intell.

Naah, stephen as in mr Freeze and Riddler (i missed that riddler was already on the list) and a few other major accounts

Captain Steelman
02-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Speed ump, first lets get my name right, once and for all.... Its Captain Steelman and nothing else... To many times has Stellaman been taking hits from PUN/SUP players intended for me... LoL

Anyway, I have my facts quite right... There might be some parts of the "prefaction" time that would need to be adjusted... And yes, I know Ferr didnt win all of the crate events ( eg, PJ wan the very first +1 upgrade boost in a crate event) but the ones he did win he wan with style... So most of my previous post is in fact correct and to be considered the truth... ;-)

The propaganda in the forums was a part of the show and in fact some very entertaining reading... Yes, the penguins did never win any WDīs and the only high light was a victory over PUN in a singel battle... However, the Ireland event was and will always be the WD when most PUN members knees were shaking... Maybe not yours, Speed ump, but I heard the voices from the bottom half of the PUN members after that event... Indeed it was a smart move to incorporate SUPERFACTION to secure that topspot in the WDīs to come, although it came with a price, the sacrifice of your real name, PUN...

Anyway, without Ferr the game would not have been the same, especially not for you, Speed ump.. He was the one that brought some real competition to the game for you and your fellows.. He was the number one target to chase and I can understand the excitement to find him by following him down in allie numbers... Remove Ferr from your MW history and many of your own greatest MW moments will be gone too.... Hence, he is even your own Legend, even if you refuse to think that way...

But I do understand that even if you by score and points and time in the game is the superior player itīs confusing to still find such a support for a player long time gone... And on top of that not even see your own name mentioned in the vote nor in the thread...

Therefore I bet your latest great MW moment was the 1īst generation FL battle where you faced Ferr for the last time when he sent all his army into battle and atleast claimed one node vs SUP... Let me tell you as it is, you miss him... Why...?

Because he is the Legend of all Legends....!

Jacko99
02-04-2015, 04:56 PM
When i first began playing, Back in June 2012, Ferr was, for me, the guy at the top, the guy that won the majority of leaderboard events and, appeared, due to the number of crate wins, to have a lot of cash! His stats were anazing - when i first entered "whale territory" and found him i was stunned - 700k attack !! ... But actually it was General Insane (howdy thread-starter), who was, for me, the "legend" - a "Colonel Kurtz" type character that changed name, had multiple personalities (and still does in this forum) that added a unique (not always positive) influence.

Speed was the out and out tapper using multiple accounts. Manbeast, wow that guy hunted me down to Join ACE (very anti PUN at the time) recruitment legend for sure. Gene, a legend, as possibly one of the most talked about people in the upper factions.

Ripper for me is the current legend... Never gives up, awesome leader. Very notable mentions would be to Sandman - he has been at the top of the WD scoreboard consecutively more times than anyone else ever in WD history... Stats-wise: bird-trapper and sup equaliser are the guys to beat and in that respect could be considered as having a "legendary status"...

Agree, The guys that give us the walk-throughs are "community legends"...

Im waiting for the day to meet a player that no other player can beat (even raid), that would, for me, warrant " living legend" status. Not sure though if gree will make that possible - we shall see...
BAP

Corsair
02-04-2015, 06:57 PM
ACE was never anti-PUN, quite the opposite. We were SUP 3 for a while, in the heyday of the cartel and streaks.

Ryan was the first person to see the value of intel, and he was a master at gathering and organizing it, with help from a few others on our team. Strategic genius.

No one recruited like manbeast.

If you want to talk legends, you have to mention Zolt.

Most of you don't even realize who started this thread, or who some of the legends are, even though they've posted here.

Steelman...you are possibly more insane than Dew. Always second will do that to you I guess. How many paychecks did you send to Ferr, the last guy who needed them?

Speed ump
02-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Actually my name is listed there, as riddler, on of my multitude of games. Yes ferr was our greatest competition. We did not need super faction to win, that was to eventually take second place from ferr, which we did a few months after that. Our name is whatever we say it is. It's a reflection of our members.

Mr llama
02-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Jesus cha cha cha

Captain Steelman
02-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Well, lets wait for the end of the vote... Maybe then we can get an idea and agree about who we should call Legend of all Legends...

Apollo13
02-04-2015, 10:56 PM
How about a vote on the worst moderator and best moderator of all time?

Jacko99
02-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Correction then corsair, some members of ace at the very start of Factions were very anti PUN.. Maybe you just didnt know ;-)

Rob TRK
02-05-2015, 03:55 AM
And it all goes to show that fact is blurred by perception, which then creates history based on your political persuasion (The PUN vs FERR debate is a great example). As Time moves forward History becomes mythical and reinterpretation occurs, creating myth and Legend.

Game mirroring life, two sides to every conflict (At least) and history is written based on memory and a bit of fact. Don't believe the hype!

Jacko99
02-05-2015, 05:27 AM
Lol rob, well said and very true.

Richard B
02-05-2015, 05:56 AM
You talking about fly? She had no impact on MW.. Lol
Give me a break.. She was annoying.. Attached her self to some great players... Only played in top tier for about a year..
Ferr had the most impact in his playing era.

Black Dragon was much much more important in top tier leader "Dogs of War". Her retirement virtually ended the Dogs reign! That's says a lot. Fly's retirement wasn't even a foot note.

Richard B
02-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Btw.. I've been playing for 3 1/2 years, 2012 account date.. I only have 48 posts.. Not all old timers post here in forum on a regular basis.

Agent Orange
02-05-2015, 06:37 AM
Well, lets wait for the end of the vote... Maybe then we can get an idea and agree about who we should call Legend of all Legends...

Problem is heh heh THE legend of ALL Modern War legends - General Insane is not on the list. As much as I respect Ferry he's still not top banana so not sure how valid this poll can really be... If I voted for Ferr the it would only be a sympathy vote....

Agent Orange
02-05-2015, 06:39 AM
How about a vote on the worst moderator and best moderator of all time?

Interesting you should bring this up, personally I would love to have CCM finally out himself........

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Interesting you should bring this up, personally I would love to have CCM finally out himself........

Good morning, my friend.
How does this beautiful day find you?
This thread certainly has been revealing.
I must vote for their forum as far more entertaining than their game.
I just love reading more than I could ever love tapping.

600fonz
02-05-2015, 09:10 AM
This has to be one of the most entertaining reads on this forum since Ferr retired.
It was more interesting to read the forum when Ferr was here posting his massive stories/rants and the battle of wits between Pro Ferr v Pro PUN/SUP followers in response.

Beats all the whinging and whining we get now and the never ending topics of glitches, bugs and screw ups from Gree.

Agent Orange
02-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Good morning, my friend.
How does this beautiful day find you?
This thread certainly has been revealing.
I must vote for their forum as far more entertaining than their game.
I just love reading more than I could ever love tapping.

Doing good old friend!
Indeed it has been, though confusing to some I think.
Very true, the ol forum is indeed more entertaining.
Be well.

Speed ump
02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Jacks, the three main founders of ace were very pro sup. I knew them before they founded ace, and they almost joined sup before they did. Needless to say, they eventually did.

Speed ump
02-05-2015, 03:17 PM
It appears that most wish to label legend, by popularity. As I said earlier, who is a legend would depend on how you defined the criteria. That certainly is one way. Orange gi came up with his own game way way before ferr even played this game. I don't think there's enough left who even know the story, which is too bad. It's all part of the history, and the entertainment we enjoyed. Just remeber where to place your pink trees.

manbeast
02-05-2015, 03:22 PM
4 of ace's original 26 members were indifferent toward pun and considering joining just to get the best bang for their buck. Virtually everyone else in ace (and in the mw community) hated pun at the time.

The fact that a pun hacker almost cost ace top 10 in their first WD really heated things up too.

Speed ump
02-05-2015, 10:57 PM
manbeast, that would be incorrect. There was no pun hacker, so stop using that tired old excuse, let OSW have that one. Ryan, and zolt were not indifferent by any means. I still talk to both almost daily. They are playing another game I also play these days and are in my team there. Once ace did join pun, I got to meet the rest of the team, and many great people there.

Robg
02-05-2015, 11:14 PM
I would like to vote for Zoomba.

Mcdoc
02-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Honored to be mentioned in the poll - however - there are many other Legends that have come and gone - and a few still hanging around that certainly deserve better mention than I

Long lost names who came to this forum daily with helpful advice and strategy like :

Tramp Stamp
Chuck Norris
Digital Walker
JohnnyR

Long time players who have always been helpful like:

Agent Orange
SpeedBump
mickymacirl
Fl@sh
Thief
Manbeast
Hello Kitty
McGurt
Devin
TheDanimal
Larry Jackson

too many more escape my mind at the moment but someone who I'm not sure has a huge forum presence but has definitely had a legendary impact on the VFF family - Cartoon :-)

There are also some long lost Friends who made this forum a fun place to visit. I'm sure if you check the "Where were you" thread many of those names will be there like :

Bronson
Aidan
Thunderchikd
Self Proclaimed
Miner
stricker
Scabbyfert
Poopenshire
Sequins
Chiez
Joaquim
Kudu
Overkill
Spectra
Everson
Copenhagen
HB Bimbers
Tate
Corsair
Jhomel
Hassleham
jHenry
Gin
Gambit

hell - even War Priest & BigFlan

and so many more

One of the hardest task in playing this game for over 3 years has been to stay out of all the rivalry between Ferr and Sup. Many props to all of the Top players who have ever placed in the coveted top 3 spots in a WD weekend. That's one honor that has escaped me and my current free play status and financial situation will probably never yeild that victory.

I remember about a year or so ago there was actually an Official from the moderators for nominating 3 people for favorite forum contributor. I believe they ended up honoring 10 - so while this poll is not official - it is still an honor to be mentioned and an honor to bring up other names that should be remembered for their contributions to this community

Speed ump
02-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Hey doc.so many old names in that list. From time to time I go back and read some of the old posts in the forum. It was a different time, and game back then. I know you always secretly rooted for sup,lol.

Brown Out
02-06-2015, 05:08 PM
The real "legends" of the game are those that have never spent a single cent but still hold their own with the big spenders, thanks to putting in much time and free gold spent wisely.

manbeast
02-06-2015, 07:54 PM
You forgot about Micky mac irl creating a hacked acct, giving it a zillion stats, putting it in a 1 person faction, then declaring at the end of WD hoping to get matched with ferr for last battle?
Ace got matched with him instead. Only way for anyone to score was hitting cc.. I recognized the acct right away bc Micky had told me about it a few days before and even sent me screenshots of his "test" acct.. And yes he was pun...

Ps- Great lists mcdoc. Nostalgia overload :)

Captain Steelman
02-07-2015, 09:33 AM
You forgot about Micky mac irl creating a hacked acct, giving it a zillion stats, putting it in a 1 person faction, then declaring at the end of WD hoping to get matched with ferr for last battle?
Ace got matched with him instead. Only way for anyone to score was hitting cc.. I recognized the acct right away bc Micky had told me about it a few days before and even sent me screenshots of his "test" acct.. And yes he was pun...

Ps- Great lists mcdoc. Nostalgia overload :)'

Interesting reading... And sorry to hear that ACE had to face that PUN hacker...

Speed ump
02-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Never heard that one beast man. Sounds like they are on just with one hit on the cc

Captain Steelman
02-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Steelman...you are possibly more insane than Dew. Always second will do that to you I guess. How many paychecks did you send to Ferr, the last guy who needed them?

LoL got a pm that I did not answer your question.... Well, kind of missed it....

Anyway, too many I guess but I do know I sent the very first one since it was my idea... We used Ferrīs great IPH and let him buy vaults of cash to be donated to the faction. He, himself, bought tons of cash too... This we did so much that Gree even included a cash program together with the Gold program... This was, atleast by my, intended to be a voluntarily way of donation but was later on changed to be a monthly fee... Didnt bother me since we, up in the very top, know the amount of real cash been spent on this game...

However, with the IPH inflation going on for some time now we could have been waiting for the faction bonuses but I guess The Emperorīs wanted to be first with a maxed faction and I think we were...

BTW, is the Penguin rescue mission still up and running...? There was a promise to reimburse the last months fees... ;-)

mickymacirl
02-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Plenty of leg-ends have played this game :P

Agent Orange
02-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Great post Mcdoc! Good to see you're still around!

MB I wonder if you got the funzio shill mixed up with hacker.....

Agent Orange
02-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Poopenshire, where for art thou?

https://lh6.ggpht.com/VNlUD6NLRDwRAxi1TzX4utm7u48J6g4nlvh_zXv4sZc7kZ4uGt bjViJsFCD7pwXOz3LcuujhnTJ6r1LgBd0b=s0

BeetleJuice
02-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Poopenshire, where for art thou?

https://lh6.ggpht.com/VNlUD6NLRDwRAxi1TzX4utm7u48J6g4nlvh_zXv4sZc7kZ4uGt bjViJsFCD7pwXOz3LcuujhnTJ6r1LgBd0b=s0

Aka Camper Killer ?

Vercingetorix
02-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Congratulations Agent Orange on your 3000th post.

Brandon Barber
02-18-2015, 07:19 AM
and listen to those with barely more than???? what a joke you are

Campy McCamperpants
02-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Alex FTW!
Lol for several wars our entire alliance changed our name to "Alex"

Allday
02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
This thread should have been titled the most popular MW forum member. Tons of great players don't post in the forum. The poll is titled greatest tapper. That would be Riddler followed by Gene. As far as greatest players in MW, I think a track record of winning and faction leadership should be considered. Wait that's Stephen and Gene also. Now most popular person in the forum is without question Ferr, he wins that.

BTW - that list is nuts. It's only forum members and the ripper. Only a few guys belong there. The rest our there because they are active forum members.

Selfproclaimed
02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Ferr simply because he had so many rooting for him. Everyone wanted to see the Pirates get dethroned. But lots of legends for their own reasons. Those pirate fellas for creating a dynasty, Mcdoc for creating VFF, Flan and capt gin for being the biggest trolls. Hello kitty for being the hottest chick to play this game. Bronson and albeezy for their rap battles and Mw's news.

Jhenry02
02-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Ferr simply because he had so many rooting for him. Everyone wanted to see the Pirates get dethroned. But lots of legends for their own reasons. Those pirate fellas for creating a dynasty, Mcdoc for creating VFF, Flan and capt gin for being the biggest trolls. Hello kitty for being the hottest chick to play this game. Bronson and albeezy for their rap battles and Mw's news.

Mcdoc had help creating vff. A lot of help, hassleham, myself, baraka, even warpenis and ranger4life had a hand in that VFF Dynasty. How many of us had to listen to Steve go on and on about water finding its own level, and that VFF was going to be an ark or something. McDoc did a lot but he had a lot of help too.

Urbz gets kicked off that top list. He did more to divide factions than he ever did to help them. Aside from some DAMNED fine artwork, he was a pain in everyones ass.

Somewhere JB and I deserve a vote for two different top 2 factions. And, I would gladly give up my spot to true gemini.

But SP I do agree with the rest of your list.

Wish most of you well and the rest of you to fall in one.

-J

Jhenry02
02-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah,
I'm bringing it back.
http://i.imgur.com/HA0acMK.png

Allday
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
The list is a joke. CBB, Foo fighter, Artie, Fofito, Bill, USA, TJ, Jason 1, pirate lord, pirate enforcer, Jackie, Freddy, King scorpion , George. Plus many many others. Come on

Allday
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Lol j Henry

Allday
02-19-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm not very important, but I know it. Jh you aren't either.

Allday
02-19-2015, 06:55 PM
LMAO - I'm sure Pirate Lord thanks you should get the credit for VFF. Wait I bet
he doesn't care

fofito30
02-19-2015, 07:22 PM
A legend as defined is someone that reaches the pinnacle of all the important social aspects. Applied to MW should not only be a title awarded to someone by a mere publicity stunt or popularity contest, but it should also be a player that embodies the full extend of achievements in our game.
This game of ours revolves and evolves in a constant pace, so what was important back in 2012 is but only a memory today. Back then we wouldn't dare imagine a single 1 million stat unit or reaching billion stat armies. The biggest goals were to develop an IPH to balance the need to replace units lost during the now wrongly called PvP (back then was actually attacking or raiding another player as part of the game), fighting it out during the once a week events (specially those leaderboard auctions) and trying to reach to the goal of level 35 in boss event.
Back then names like Speed Ump's accounts (Mr. freeze and Riddler), Ferr, PJ, Devlin (whose actual interest in helping other gamers enjoy the ILTQ events for less gold than intended by Funzio/Gree -didn't have factions back then- made him their public enemy), were the most talked about as game leaders and legends. Also, being fair we have to add the leaders and officers of Superfaction, Wide Wide Warriors, VFF, Dogs of War, ST6, et al former top 10 factions whose dedication and countless hours invested into organizing their factions, recruiting, developing tactics for war and events.
In essence what am trying to say, without going into a "he said he said " argument over the PUN/FERR feud, is the game has had many legends, guys and girls that have given a lot to the community one way or another, yet after years playing 1 stands over the rest and that's Speed Ump.
In my view he is tireless player who consistently been playing at a high level ever since MW App came out, a visionary leader who not only formed PUN but made the wise and smart choices and adjustments to keep the number 1 spot by alliances, mergers and recruiting, a proven winner, an overzealous protector of the quality of the game, a tactician if said word can be applied to a tapping game (those who have played the game long enough and participated in a top10 faction knows that tactics are important in MW).
Maybe Ferr rightfully deserves the title of legend, along with the likes of McDoc, Ripper, BirdTrapper, Gene, USA, Thief, Godfather/Consigliery, etc.; but he isn't nor reaches the category of the game all time legend by a long shot.

Allday
02-19-2015, 07:34 PM
A legend as defined is someone that reaches the pinnacle of all the important social aspects. Applied to MW should not only be a title awarded to someone by a mere publicity stunt or popularity contest, but it should also be a player that embodies the full extend of achievements in our game.
This game of ours revolves and evolves in a constant pace, so what was important back in 2012 is but only a memory today. Back then we wouldn't dare imagine a single 1 million stat unit or reaching billion stat armies. The biggest goals were to develop an IPH to balance the need to replace units lost during the now wrongly called PvP (back then was actually attacking or raiding another player as part of the game), fighting it out during the once a week events (specially those leaderboard auctions) and trying to reach to the goal of level 35 in boss event.
Back then names like Speed Ump's accounts (Mr. freeze and Riddler), Ferr, PJ, Devlin (whose actual interest in helping other gamers enjoy the ILTQ events for less gold than intended by Funzio/Gree -didn't have factions back then- made him their public enemy), were the most talked about as game leaders and legends. Also, being fair we have to add the leaders and officers of Superfaction, Wide Wide Warriors, VFF, Dogs of War, ST6, et al former top 10 factions whose dedication and countless hours invested into organizing their factions, recruiting, developing tactics for war and events.
In essence what am trying to say, without going into a "he said he said " argument over the PUN/FERR feud, is the game has had many legends, guys and girls that have given a lot to the community one way or another, yet after years playing 1 stands over the rest and that's Speed Ump.
In my view he is tireless player who consistently been playing at a high level ever since MW App came out, a visionary leader who not only formed PUN but made the wise and smart choices and adjustments to keep the number 1 spot by alliances, mergers and recruiting, a proven winner, an overzealous protector of the quality of the game, a tactician if said word can be applied to a tapping game (those who have played the game long enough and participated in a top10 faction knows that tactics are important in MW).
Maybe Ferr rightfully deserves the title of legend, along with the likes of McDoc, Ripper, BirdTrapper, Gene, USA, Thief, Godfather/Consigliery, etc.; but he isn't nor reaches the category of the game all time legend by a long shot.

Wow well said

crazeejay
02-19-2015, 07:55 PM
bwahaahahahahaahahaaha

vball
02-19-2015, 09:22 PM
Wow Fo, those are some names to remember for sure. Some good names that everyone is mentioning.

Starting the game in VFF Alpha, I saw McDoc and Thief, yes there were others, but these guys worked tirelessly for everyone within VFF. They put aside their own egos when others could not and did a great job This does not count the effort they have both put on the boards. So for me, would recommend those two for all of VFF and its many branches.

SUP is and was a dynasty. Stephen, Gene and so many other great names in the game worked hard to try and police it, hammering racist comments and trying to make it better for everyone. Those of you with conspiracy theories, having been on the inside, they are just good, quality people. An honor to know them.

So many factions have come and gone it is sad really. The forums have denigrated to people whining about bringing back the LE, why they cant get the masters prize or the top boss, etc.

Be nice to get the remaining old timers back on here, but most of us chat elsewhere now, and that is OK too I suppose, but still miss seeing some quality people who are here to help.

If I may also add Larry Jackson and Danimal. They do a great service just like Devlin. Thanks for the help guys.

I am very fortunate to have friends in most of the top factions and guess what, they are fun, decent folk who want to play a game, avoid drama and steer clear of the hackers and cheats.

In the end, most people will know their faction and recommend people from within. But when you look at the community at large, there are some major players that stand out and many of those on the inital vote list do not quaify IMO and enjoy the comments from the old timers who have long term perspective.

GSF Wingman GRI
02-20-2015, 01:22 AM
There have been many legends in the past and still now.

Gene/Speed: for building up the SUP empire and keeping it Number 1
VFF guys like McDoc, Thief: for helping other players on the forum
PJ: for his countless threads about uhmm "nuttin"
Last but not least current legends and big contributors Lary Jackson and Danimal!

Agent Orange
02-20-2015, 05:30 AM
Fyi it is Devin not Devlin... It was a sad day when Funzio silenced him for helping the rest of us.

My recollection is that General Insane and Dingleberry formed PUN and Speed joined PUN after being invited/targeted.

Many legends have come and gone sadly.

Jhenry02
02-20-2015, 05:50 AM
I'd rather vote for McGurt. There was a legend, never stooped to the petty bickering. Helped players on the forum. Gave old dogs a home. He could discuss cheese with the best of em.

Real legends? There are a few. Maybe the old adage from the Sandlot, "Heros get remembered, legends never die."

Who will never die?

Stephen
Ferr
Pirate justice
Ripper
Mcgurt
Mcdoc

Anyone else?
I'm willing to bet there are tons of forum heros. But only a handful of legends.

Stinno
02-20-2015, 05:54 AM
you are all a bunch of leg-ends. Stinno aka Yo Momma so Fat, SUP McLovin or Public Enemy No1.

Speed ump
02-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Actually that was not correct Orange, myself pj and dingle originally did fight, we then formed an alliance, which quickly evolved into pun. I did not join after, I was there from there start. I don't believe pun would have formed at all if not for our initial fighting, nor the alliance that formed after. What really cemented it was finding a chat program to get together, and keep it together. I had no clue about chat apps at the time, and wasn't finding much help. Before I found our first chat, which we still use for other games today, we communicated by posted on each other's walls, and some of us had each other's emails. Not a very efficient method, yet we ruled anyways. The chat is what allowed us to truly blossom and expand. Without that, I am sure we would not be talking about pun/sup today. It's been a fun ride over the last few years, and continues to do so, despite the negative components involved,many from the changes in the game itself over time. It is nice to see discussions without it becoming negative. A lot of history and stories each one has to tell

BeetleJuice
02-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Heros / Legends whatever you want to call them, there are a lot of names in this thread that are true Gentlemen in this game of War

Thank you to all of those Gentlemen who made this forum better because they loved the game enough to help others love it too !