PDA

View Full Version : how many epics should you keep??

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 05:16 AM
IMO u def should have 3 epics for each connected elements (water/air, spirit/earth etc.) and 1 each for mono element and non connected elements.

I'm not a trophy hoarder, so once an epic becomes useless to me, it's gone.

So I'm curious as to how many epics you think you should have.

Thanx for info

Royil
01-28-2015, 05:50 AM
As many as possible...

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 06:01 AM
As many as possible...
But u can't equip more than 2 mono element epics at once or 3 duel element epics at once..
For example...once I had 2 firestorms and a triskelian, I got rid of sky majesty.
Once I get this heroic plus, I'll have to get rid of performer's because I also have primordial +.

There is No reason to keep them if they are useless.

Lord P
01-28-2015, 06:05 AM
3 of each combination and 2 of each mono if you want to have all the answers for anything you might ever encounter. That's my goal anyway.........

greenwing
01-28-2015, 06:23 AM
3 of each combination and 2 of each mono if you want to have all the answers for anything you might ever encounter. That's my goal anyway.........

That is my goal too :)

Smiley80
01-28-2015, 08:07 AM
technically if you have one of each combination + the mono elements you should always have 3 armors that are strong against any boss. That being said i keep 2 of the elements that follow each other for the 200% attack bonus (air/water, water/fire, fire/sprit, spirit/earth and earth/air) for additional power. three of every combination is overkill IMO.

Adisty
01-28-2015, 08:10 AM
My plan is to get/keep 3 of connected elements, 2 of each mono, and I will keep 1 of non-connected elements, based on stats.

Lord P
01-28-2015, 08:28 AM
technically if you have one of each combination + the mono elements you should always have 3 armors that are strong against any boss. That being said i keep 2 of the elements that follow each other for the 200% attack bonus (air/water, water/fire, fire/sprit, spirit/earth and earth/air) for additional power. three of every combination is overkill IMO.
I agree with you under normal circumstances, for the normal player, however if you aspire to be top of the line and want the most economical day at the Raid War or Epic Boss, then nothing makes life easier than having all three matching counter elements. Having three matching counter elements in a Raid can be the difference between spending 800 gems for t10 minimums vs spending 1200 gems for the same.

timsta007
01-28-2015, 08:34 AM
I think the point Smiley is making is that if you already have a set of three "near" element armors of each of the 5 combinations, you already have the necessary tools for every scenario. Obviously you will use those when matched up against a boss with a near element combo for the double bonus, but even if it is a "far" element combo boss, you still will always have a set of three armors which match up properly for the single element bonus and no weakness. At that point, it's just about trying to get stronger armors with the single element bonus which can be accomplished by obtaining monos or other far element armors. Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.

Sean A Roberts
01-28-2015, 08:38 AM
2 of every mono and 3 of each combination equaling 40 armors. past that its just collecting

tiffaneeb
01-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.

Usually. But for lower level bosses, far elements yield nice results.

timsta007
01-28-2015, 08:44 AM
I forgot to mention the benefit of having all the far armors is the ability to use a specific element on every knight. For example, the earth knight can only have a water strong armor if you have an earth/water combo (thanks capt obvious). If you only collect near armors and monos you will be limited when playing heroic mode for example.

Scabs
01-28-2015, 08:47 AM
3 of every element combination and 1 to 2 monos of each

bluewonder310
01-28-2015, 08:50 AM
My plan is to get/keep 3 of connected elements, 2 of each mono, and I will keep 1 of non-connected elements, based on stats.

I'm starting to believe 3 for adjacent elements, 2 for non-adjacent elements, 1 for monos, should be sufficient. but right now I have 3 for all dual-elements and 2 for monos, with the exception of starmetal/chrome.

Lord P
01-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I think the point Smiley is making is that if you already have a set of three "near" element armors of each of the 5 combinations, you already have the necessary tools for every scenario. Obviously you will use those when matched up against a boss with a near element combo for the double bonus, but even if it is a "far" element combo boss, you still will always have a set of three armors which match up properly for the single element bonus and no weakness. At that point, it's just about trying to get stronger armors with the single element bonus which can be accomplished by obtaining monos or other far element armors. Of course this assumed that you prefer to never try the double bonus against a far element boss which I think is a losing proposition usually.
Again, no issue with what is being said for normal players. I'm talking top of the line here...... and what applies in raids and eb contests don't necessarily translate to the arena and guild wars. For me at least there are occasions in a guild war in which I want that 100% bonus against unlinked elements...... especially against that first knight. Might not mean anything to the average player but against an equal or greater opponent at the highest levels, a critical hit, miss, or poorly arranged defense means you'll lose.

Brimstome
01-28-2015, 11:43 AM
I would not fuse epic armor the trade off just is not worth it.

Smiley80
01-28-2015, 11:44 AM
once in a while you get a curve ball. You get a very powerful armor that trumps your a double pairing element. Or by the time you do get a third epic with matching elements the older one is weaker that it is better to use a brand new mono air + epic.

Ideally having 3 of all the most recent armors would make you the most powerfull and use up less gems in war. realistically it is not the case.

I calculate my most powerful armors against each element combination. Any armor that doesn't make it i fuse away.

Top of the line or not.

Not to mention if you have 3 of the same armors you need rings and amulets to match up everything.

Pen and paper figure it out. Oldschool is the best way

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 12:32 PM
I would not fuse epic armor the trade off just is not worth it.

So what do u do with useless epics??

Sent
01-28-2015, 02:18 PM
I keep at least one of every epic, but I don't have much luck fusing so I don't have three of every combo yet, let alone decent epics for some combos.

Rhaegal
01-28-2015, 04:27 PM
I keep 3 of each connected element armor, 2 each of mono, and 2 each of non connected armors. That said, I do test different line ups during raid using single effective armors instead of double if I happen to have a single effective armor that has significantly better stats than my weakest connected element armor.

But that gets complicated and for new or lower level players the 3x2x2 rule is easier to explain.

Mos20
01-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Not sure on the terminology here. When you say 'connected' do you mean combos like fire/water, earth/wind and 'non connected' like spirit/water, earth/fire? Or is it the other way around? I'm confused. Anyone care to clear this up for me? Thanks.

Rookeye
01-28-2015, 05:36 PM
I want three of everything...I'm a trinitarian! ;)

Lord P
01-29-2015, 05:58 AM
Not sure on the terminology here. When you say 'connected' do you mean combos like fire/water, earth/wind and 'non connected' like spirit/water, earth/fire? Or is it the other way around? I'm confused. Anyone care to clear this up for me? Thanks.
You are correct. I usually use the terms linked and unlinked but they all mean the same thing. Linked can get you a 100% bonus, Unlinked can get you a 100% bonus but give up 50% bonus.

dcdose
01-29-2015, 06:19 AM
You can never have enough epic armor.

watermelon
01-30-2015, 06:43 AM
All I'm going to say is this:

I love it in war when GMs go to bed wearing only near element armors. It's so much easier to beat them. Thank you strategy deficient GMs!

roookey1
01-30-2015, 12:54 PM
I love it in war when GMs go to bed wearing only near element armors.
what do you mean by 'near element armors'?

Kakarot
01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
what do you mean by 'near element armors'?

I guess these are elements following each other like wind/water, water/fire... I have to agree, that's the easiest aim to drop down.

Ju Nation
02-01-2015, 03:30 AM
I just keep all my epics... Lol

The more the merrier

Konny
02-02-2015, 02:09 AM
I don't understand the 3*2*2 rule. 3*1*1 should be enough to have an answer to everything. And even then the monos only make sense when they are significantly stronger than the others (every mono before raid monos wasn't worth it for me as a non-gemmer).

With the last fire/water boss I inally have 3*1*1 EB+ or better for every element combination. Btw, I call them "adjacent" and "non adjacent" :-)

bluewonder310
02-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I don't understand the 3*2*2 rule. 3*1*1 should be enough to have an answer to everything. And even then the monos only make sense when they are significantly stronger than the others (every mono before raid monos wasn't worth it for me as a non-gemmer).

With the last fire/water boss I inally have 3*1*1 EB+ or better for every element combination. Btw, I call them "adjacent" and "non adjacent" :-)

I like your idea. and I call them adjacent and non adjacent too. Currently I have 3*3*2, but hardly ever use the 2nd and 3rd non adjacent and def never the 2nd mono....