PDA

View Full Version : 2700 gems for epic+

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 05:04 AM
The newest chests offer 11x chance and stalwart + for 2700 gems.
Too pricey??

Royil
01-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Worth it yeahh!!! Lots of chest epics too :D

Lord P
01-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Garbage!!!!! Anyone who get's this overpriced Stalwart+, enjoy all your nice jewelry.

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Stalwart+ is Pretty nasty...188 pts. better than undead robes and 364 pts. better than earthwardens.

Rhaegal
01-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Not even remotely tempting. It's the 6th best spirit/earth is pic in the game. For that kind of money I expect to get the 2nd or 3rd best at worst. Now if it had been offered on a 1,400 gem chest then..... Maybe.

Lord P
01-28-2015, 06:15 AM
Now if it had been offered on a 1,400 gem chest then..... Maybe.
What he said.

Lord P
01-28-2015, 06:27 AM
Stalwart+ is Pretty nasty...188 pts. better than undead robes and 364 pts. better than earthwardens.Except for the really old epics, the Plus versions are always gonna rank high..... it's just that we had a guild war not too long ago that offered "Overgrown Lifeplate" (which has the same elements) as the 2-10 prize. The stats for that epic are 4233 total, while the Starwart+ is 4164. I can tell you with complete confidence that many people who ranked 2-10 in that war spent about half of 2700 gems to get it. Newer/better armor than Stalwart+ at half the price makes this "deal" unattractive for people who know better.

Crypt Keepers
01-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Except for the really old epics, the Plus versions are always gonna rank high..... it's just that we had a guild war not too long ago that offered "Overgrown Lifeplate" (which has the same elements) as the 2-10 prize. The stats for that epic are 4233 total, while the Starwart+ is 4164. I can tell you with complete confidence that many people who ranked 2-10 in that war spent about half of 2700 gems to get it. Newer/better armor than Stalwart+ at half the price makes this "deal" unattractive for people who know better.

No doubt...i was thinking of dropping one of my earthwardens and grabbing this to have along side of other earthwardens and undead robes...2700 gems is a ton tho...that 11x chance is pretty enticing too... but honestly there isn't really anything useful in the chests I don't already have.
I guess I'll pass

Ant venom
01-28-2015, 06:39 AM
Except for the really old epics, the Plus versions are always gonna rank high..... it's just that we had a guild war not too long ago that offered "Overgrown Lifeplate" (which has the same elements) as the 2-10 prize. The stats for that epic are 4233 total, while the Starwart+ is 4164. I can tell you with complete confidence that many people who ranked 2-10 in that war spent about half of 2700 gems to get it. Newer/better armor than Stalwart+ at half the price makes this "deal" unattractive for people who know better.

What he said.

dust92
01-28-2015, 07:57 AM
2700 gems is not the prize you pay for that Stalwart+. It's the reward for opening 80 chests . Can't U realize it urself ???

Lord P
01-28-2015, 08:04 AM
2700 gems is not the prize you pay for that Stalwart+. It's the reward for opening 80 chests . Can't U realize it urself ???
You're being funny right?

dust92
01-28-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm serious , guys ;)) It's a guaranteed gift for opening chest . If they sold it , It would have appeared in the shop .

Lord P
01-28-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm serious , guys ;)) It's a guaranteed gift for opening chest . If they sold it , It would have appeared in the shop .
Gottcha..... kinda like when you go to the club and the 300lb bouncer at the door tells you the "donation" is $30.

Ownsmash
01-28-2015, 10:57 AM
The newest chests offer 11x chance and stalwart + for 2700 gems.
Too pricey??

That is an insane amount to spend for that armor...

Brimstome
01-28-2015, 11:39 AM
if they would just take out accessories people would buy more of these chests.

southpaw29
01-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Wow!! A buddy of mine just opened 80 chests.....1 epic (moontide), no legendary, and 63 frigging rings/amulets....that is frigging retarded. Not the epics, I mean you take your chances......but 63 frigging accessories. WOW GREEdy LETS OVERLOAD THE TRINKETS WHY DON'T WE!!!

Chanticleer
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Wow!! A buddy of mine just opened 80 chests.....1 epic (moontide), no legendary, and 63 frigging rings/amulets....that is frigging retarded. Not the epics, I mean you take your chances......but 63 frigging accessories. WOW GREEdy LETS OVERLOAD THE TRINKETS WHY DON'T WE!!!

That is the main reason I wont open any chests. were any of those rings/amulets good? And it really is appalling that moontide is still in chests.

Rookeye
01-28-2015, 05:56 PM
What is the typical gem expenditure for T25? T10? Once you know that, how bad is 2700 for a guaranteed Stalwart? Bad? Hideous? Alright?

Chanticleer
01-28-2015, 06:08 PM
What is the typical gem expenditure for T25? T10? Once you know that, how bad is 2700 for a guaranteed Stalwart? Bad? Hideous? Alright?

I think its a horrible deal since undead robes is fusesble. It is not worth 2700 gems for about 150 extra total points. There are enough good fusesble epics that it is pointless to spend gems for the guaranteed bonus. I know it's a "reward" for opening those chest, but more often than not people paying for the guarantee.

I have been waiting for a good guarantee or 5k even, but there has not been any in a long time. i have been waiting and waiting all while having 5,800 gems and nothing to spend them on.

Phill - Immortal GM
01-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Standard minimums are usually 600 Gems T25 (Epic War) and 500-800 Gems T25 (Raid)
For Top 10 we are looking at anything between 1500-1800 Gems for Epic Wars and depending on armor 1000-2000 for Raids.

Obviously your activity also matters, but those are pretty solid standard minimums.

Considering that, the Stalwart thing is a joke, especially since chests are evil anyway.
11x might still be below 1% for an epic, who knows.

hope that gave little insight.
Cheers;
~ Phill

Royil
01-29-2015, 02:43 AM

Thats what ive been saying, you can get other epics too..

Rhaegal
01-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Thats what ive been saying, you can get other epics too..

Yea you can get other epics but the most likely outcome is that you get 2*,4*, and some rings and amulets. If you get another epic at all most likely it will be older. For people who have been playing a while and have a decent amount of epics, the chances of getting something you want are slim to none. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just don't count on it.

The only thing you can count on are the 40 fusion boosts and the stalwart+. So let's look at the basic math.

A standard 40 pull with no guaranteed reward is 999 gems. Now this chest gives you 80 pulls for 2,700 gems.
You could spend 1,998 gems for the SAME number of chests, you just won't get a guaranteed epic+.

That leaves 702 gems that the stalwart+ is costing you for the same number of chest pulls. Is stalwart+ worth 702 gems?

the t10/t25 mins quote above by phill look fairly accurate though perhaps a little high on the t10 raid but he's android and I'm on ios so that might explain some of the difference.

Now stalwart+ is the 6th best spirit/ earth epic currently in the game. It's slightly better than Minos wargear and slightly worse than overgrown life plate. It has a combined roughly 170 better stat points than undead robes which is fusible and free.

So for 702 gems more than you'd normally spend on 80 chests you get a middle powered epic that's guaranteed to be weaker than the next t10 or chest epic of the same elements but that is better than what you can fuse on your own. 702 gems is about half of what you'd need to get that next t10 epic.

So is it worth it? Imo not really because the next spirit /earth epic no matter if it's war or chest I'll be stronger and 702 gems is a lot to get 170 better stat points than what you could fuse for free.

roookey1
01-29-2015, 08:56 AM
dust92 must be a spokesman for Gree, just like a few other users in this forum who usually don't do much else other than informing us how happy we should be with/just accept and shut up about 'what we get' because 'it's free' but 'Gree must make money'
(sugarcoating everything from illogical aspects of the game over money grabbing strategies, bugs unfixed since months, months of false 'free gem' advertising that entices users to watch videos without compensation, pointless engagement in wars for non- or little-gemming guilds, 'money killer' epic fusion, stripping exploits, ridiculously low odds to complete a now full-time-job-turned heroic mode w/o paying gems, outdated garbage still incorrectly classified as 'epics' in those expensive chests etc. etc.)

I also didn't go for this teaser epic - simply because the odds to only get outdated pseudo 'epics' (IF I'd even get one or two) from the chests have become so high by now after quite a few months without new and interesting element combinations. On top of that, fusing those outdated pseudo-epics would only turn them into armor of even lower value, no 40% sale teasers also, so it was an easy decision to make.