PDA

View Full Version : Reminder on Pre-Staging

Relic
01-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick, little, reminder that Modern War does not support pre-staging, so be sure not to waste your time and money doing this - the server will reset those kills.

Thanks!

Bndawgs
01-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Ok, but how are we supposed to finish one of the normal map bosses then? Raul Perez in the Bay of the Coast is 18 hits at 376 energy each. So we're supposed to use refills to make sure that we don't lose any progress on that target?

HenryVIII
01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Wow, and I bet you'll increase the energy requirement too while you're bending us over.

Oh oh Gree
01-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick, little, reminder that Modern War does not support pre-staging, so be sure not to waste your time and money doing this - the server will reset those kills.

Thanks!.

What are you talking about "reset those kills"? So if we have to "kill" the same NPC 7 times if we don't "kill" it all 7 times before leaving the screen it gets set back to zero?

I'm assuming you actually don't know what your talking about and have never played the game. What you were trying to say was don't leave an NPC on 7/8 hits or this could be reset. Kills still count towards goals.

Correct me where I'm wrong.

HenryVIII
01-26-2015, 06:06 PM
No, after the "reset" you are fine. But if you prestage any boss prior to the start of an LTQ then at the "server reset" time (at the start of an LTQ) your hits will reset.

Oh oh Gree
01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Also, is this something new Gree is going to start for us or is this the same old warning?

Z-Infierno
01-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Are you out of your mind that is crazy announcement, why no just said you GREE wanna kill the game that is it......how we suppose to finish any LTQ without PRESTAGE if all energy and health regen rewards are for top teams.... MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SHOW ME YOUR MONEY NO FUN ANYMORE THANKS GREE THAT WAS THE ULTIMATUM TO GIVE UP.

East Coast Bias
01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Clearly a poorly worded caution for the member community.

MaverickINsc
01-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Waste our money?.....your implying that there is money spent here that is NOT wasted?.....pre staging is to limit our waste....however this move is going to cost you way more than it makes you......if people do not get remotely close to finishing an event with a decent prize they won't fork over the gold to finish.....short sighted gree.....but completely expected

HenryVIII
01-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Mav, you are spot on.

Nevaeh051810
01-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Is this something new??

andy2
01-26-2015, 06:29 PM
only gree could put npcs into a game and without any notice wipe your progress on it and be ok with that without any in game warning. Just dont release the npcs until the start of the event if you dont want people to prep them...

... or how about you use the hundreds of already existing in game npcs that have not a single purpose in the game anymore

TheDanimal
01-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Prestaging may not be a supported function of the game, but it has become a strategic tool that players AND your company leverage alike.

Here's the real question - I get that Gree doesn't support prestaging, however, is Gree taking steps to end prestaging, or are you simply throwing out a disclaimer?

East Coast Bias
01-26-2015, 06:41 PM
only gree could put npcs into a game and without any notice wipe your progress on it and be ok with that without any in game warning. Just dont release the npcs until the start of the event if you dont want people to prep them...

... or how about you use the hundreds of already existing in game npcs that have not a single purpose in the game anymore

Actually, those existing NPCs are meant to intercept your errant tap and help you waste energy and curse gree. Memo to developers, stop using the shipyard and some others as they are too congested.

Kefa
01-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Posting this today in the middle of the most ridiculous LTQ ever, you may as well say, "Hey everyone, just a reminder, we will do everything we can to prevent you from succeeding, so you should quit this game now".

Keep reminding us why we should stop playing, and we may just take you up on it.

Rolinz
01-26-2015, 06:56 PM
WTF???

We all know we play this game at our own risk due to GREEdy's incompetence and mismanagement and downright lack of care for its players.

Prestaging may not be a supported function of the game, but it has become a strategic tool that players AND your company leverage alike.

Here's the real question - I get that Gree doesn't support prestaging, however, is Gree taking steps to end prestaging, or are you simply throwing out a disclaimer?

TheDanimal brings up a good point!!!

Please answer and not just ignore this like most of your other associates have done in the past about concerns with this game and how GREEdy runs this game!

Kefa
01-26-2015, 06:59 PM
If the server is going to reset partial progress, aka "pre-staging", how does one kill a target 12 times when that target requires 4,900 energy per kill, you generate 3 energy per minute, and your energy bar stops at 2,900 when full, hmm??

If that's the real case, then just change it from using energy at all to 100 gold per kill, 2 taps.

Then all but a few 2%-ers will quit and never come back.

marcrochon
01-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Pre staging? If the NPC's are on the map and we choose to do 5 kills of 6.. It is our energy we are using and can decide to do what we want with it...if I have left targets on other maps with hits already done but not finished that is what I have chosen to do with my energy. What gives you the right to reset targets back to zero...if you want to reset back to zero make sure you compensate me in gold for my energy lost....it is bad enough you have made these events high energy and now you want to steal our energy...Awesome decision on your behalf....just be prepared for a lot of tickets that you all answer with a simple click with out reading properly what the question is about...Try playing the game before you make statements that you have no clue about..... thanks

smbass77
01-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Posting this today in the middle of the most ridiculous LTQ ever, you may as well say, "Hey everyone, just a reminder, we will do everything we can to prevent you from succeeding, so you should quit this game now".

Keep reminding us why we should stop playing, and we may just take you up on it.

Well said Kefa. And coming from someone like you who always thinks positive about Gree's changes and gives them the benefit of the doubt, it's real telling. Doubt Gree will listen though

Tony81
01-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Gree,

This is just a quick, little, reminder that you are about to go bankrupt because your game is broken and you make terrible decisions such as this. Hope my decision to not hit that 'purchase' button comes through as a virtual unlubed enema.

No worries. I will not be wasting my time or money.

Peace out. Tell Enron and Lehman Brothers I said hello..

Wufnu
01-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Funny that they say this because every once in awhile I'll tap the wrong NPC and see that I have like 1/5 hits. So this is a new feature I take it? We always used to pre-stage all of our FLTQ's (before this new style of hundreds of taps) and I don't see where this is "cheating" Gree out of any money.

Rather than keep going in the direction we are they really need to roll back the clock where we had say 15 or 20 tgts per stage and could pre-stage. It was quite fun working with your faction mates to get the levels finished. Now it's just a boring chore to perform, ad-nauseam every day of the week.

MugsMom
01-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Are you going to give us free energy packs after you reset our progress? Not one but at least 50 packs. Otherwise keep your FLTQs and LTQs to yourselves. This is a complete waste of my money. Thank you Gree!

SUPpose So
01-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Calm Down Everyone,

We need proper clarification...... I believe they mean at the start of an event as it launches officially not during the event.

We need a mod or dev to confirm this... Please stop jumping to conclusions.. GREE has always not supported Pre Staging.

We all know this... However if this is referring to Resets during an event then the game is over... But i believe its talking about at the start of an event...

MW Flake
01-26-2015, 08:11 PM
You are right Suppose So But leave it to a Community Manager, who's supposed to be providing clear and concise info, to pop in from nowhere with a half assed comment like that, and then vanish.

HypeTonic
01-26-2015, 08:29 PM
If the server is going to reset partial progress, aka "pre-staging", how does one kill a target 12 times when that target requires 4,900 energy per kill, you generate 3 energy per minute, and your energy bar stops at 2,900 when full, hmm??

If that's the real case, then just change it from using energy at all to 100 gold per kill, 2 taps.

Then all but a few 2%-ers will quit and never come back.

You're confused. Pre-staging is hitting the targets to 1 hit left before the LTQ comes on. So the reset will be before the LTQ starts. Not every hour/minute/day

Napgar
01-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Another step nearer to the end....

archambeau
01-26-2015, 08:47 PM
I always prestage when I see new npc's and they never reset it???? I never believe anything on the forums unless posted by a mod. I had the current fltq prestaged. They didn't reset my hits.

yoyo1
01-26-2015, 09:20 PM
TheDanimal is right.
Prestaging is part of the game. It makes the game better.
"Is that a new npc?" Is one of the most wanted threads ever.

Gileas
01-26-2015, 09:52 PM
This is the same thing people noticed last sltq. GREE is now resetting any prehits made *before* the event starts. For example: say it's May 1. A ltq is scheduled to begin May 3rd but the npc's are loading and you can go hit them ahead of the start date, to prepare for the event. You may well be able to hit the npc's, and get them to 5/6 (at say 400 energy per hit) on May 1, 2nd and 3rd. But on the 4th, when the event actually begins, GREE will reset all that work, removing the prestaged hits, so that the npc that was at 5/6 and only needed 1 hit to kill is now at 0/6 and will need the full 6 hits to kill, at 400 energy per hit. They did this about a week ago, and my guess is this warning is to warn the player base they will continue to do this as they see fit. ie: to get you to spend real money in the game to finish the events to get the reward to keep feeding the beast. As always, complaining about it doesn't seem to encourage GREE to run a game responsibly. Get your money back by calling Apple Store or Google. The bottom line is all that matters.

RAMNUTS
01-26-2015, 11:40 PM
Depressing

oakletixfan
01-26-2015, 11:40 PM
Lol. Yeah try that. See how many players even attempt the ltq's. Your only taking money out of your pocket. I only spend gold if I can get close to finishing. Which requires prestaging. Thanks for saving me money lmaoooooo

600fonz
01-27-2015, 12:40 AM
Another nail in the coffin!
See how many leave the game if they actually implement that and not just throw out the disclaimer to dispel the complaints of lost hits.
Game is already losing players in its droves.

The ignorance and lack of tact from the OP is just typical Gree attitude but being so arrogant about it is just a slap in the face to its customers.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-27-2015, 12:47 AM

Those THOUSANDS of formerly employed NPCS have a purpose, to interfere with TAPPING. They're one of the FEW things that DEW work as designed!

DILL3NGER
01-27-2015, 01:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Wow that statement is like dropping a fart in a room full of people and leaving.

Janoe123
01-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hi everyone,
This is just a quick, little, reminder that Modern War sucks.

Thanks!

DILL3NGER
01-27-2015, 01:42 AM
There I've tidied it up for you.

Nelutzu Pop
01-27-2015, 02:43 AM

They dont care... they care just about the money, some poor kinds who never had money in theyr life got some now and they are blind, they just want more. And dont care about the game!

GeoffW
01-27-2015, 02:52 AM
Relic,
Whether or not pre-staging is officially supported it has been around a long time and has become an established part of MW. There are so many positives for pre-staging and no down-side. I cannot see why you would want to prevent it as it is one of the features that gets people to engage with the game. Here are some of the reasons I think pre-staging is a good thing:

It adds some interest and tactics figuring out what the shape of the coming event is and deciding what level to aim for
For factions there is the added involvement of organising the team to pre-stage and pull in the same direction
It gets people logging in to the game and engaging with it at times when there is little else on
It evens the playing field a little for people who can't be on-line at the event start time

You must see the number of threads and communication on the forum around npcs and pre-staging. If you do put a stop to it you will be losing all that community engagement with MW. Why would you want to do that?

Lt Kije
01-27-2015, 03:13 AM
If Gree go ahead and do this all factions should stop doing the event, vote with your feet, if nobody does the event, no money for Gree!!!,

Bambamgunz
01-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Boy you started a hornets nest with this tread Relic!!

sstuutss
01-27-2015, 03:57 AM
If it wasnt a mod I'd say it was a damn good troll. one post then nothing more for three pages. Still crickets is the norm around here.
I guess this is the new improved coms we have been promsed.

Bugmama
01-27-2015, 04:52 AM
I need to learn how to fly. Someone pm me with instructions on how to get a new pilots license - we all know it's still possible. If Gree wants to shaft us then shaft back.

carl9764
01-27-2015, 04:59 AM
This is Gree way of telling us to quit the game as its full of bugs and quite a lot of players can't even complete events now due to the high amount of energy needed.

Buy Gold or Quit or just suffer in silence.

BillyBobJimbob
01-27-2015, 05:00 AM
This is Gree way of telling us to quit the game as its full of bugs and quite a lot of players can't even complete events now due to the high amount of energy needed.

Buy Gold or Quit or just suffer in silence.

+1.

It's a shame this game now seems pay2win.

MW Flake
01-27-2015, 05:32 AM
Pay to win? Only Gree wins.

smbass77
01-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Ironic that this was the first post by a moderator in weeks, well except for Clementine posting about a Taylor swift song. Gree doesn't care about us or this game. The ONLY way to enact change is for all to cohesively boycott the game for two weeks. No WD, no FL, no Ftqs, no gold spending......no money for Gree. Once the execs at Gree see the down revenue, change will come (or we all find a new game)

Officer material
01-27-2015, 06:36 AM
Like Boom Beach?
Just do what all the smart players do, contact Google or Apple and get a refund. I threatened a lawsuit and received EVERY penny I ever spent on the game when Gree lost my account (an account that had never been bought, sold, or transfered).

Get into a game where the developer will treat you with respect. Supercell has implemented changes former MW players recommended, and 14k gems for $100 is roughly equivilant to 10 vaults for $100 in MW.

Lt Kije
01-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Ironic that this was the first post by a moderator in weeks, well except for Clementine posting about a Taylor swift song. Gree doesn't care about us or this game. The ONLY way to enact change is for all to cohesively boycott the game for two weeks. No WD, no FL, no Ftqs, no gold spending......no money for Gree. Once the execs at Gree see the down revenue, change will come (or we all find a new game)

I agree, the only thing they will listen too is lack of income

Brizzol
01-27-2015, 07:16 AM
Who cares? This means I can have a break once the current LTQ ends and don't have to bother hitting NPC until the next one starts then great. I wonder why most of you even play the game anymore...If you don't enjoy it then quit.

doeboy
01-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Who cares? This means I can have a break once the current LTQ ends and don't have to bother hitting NPC until the next one starts then great. I wonder why most of you even play the game anymore...If you don't enjoy it then quit.
We do enjoy it but the pre staging helps a good amount of players have fun because it gives us a chance and you are probably a gold spender that has a high regen so it don't affect you so just keep spending next they will take our units for fl gREE does not support buying gunners Before the event

Sgt mason
01-27-2015, 08:58 AM
If you guys are going to not have pre staging anymore, the lower the frickin energy on these ltqs and fltqs for the targets, no more 450+

Big John
01-27-2015, 09:56 AM
If you guys are going to not have pre staging anymore, the lower the frickin energy on these ltqs and fltqs for the targets, no more 450+

Agree and energy refills should fill the whole bar.

GreenwichKid
01-27-2015, 10:13 AM
And for anyone that is worried they're not making enough cash then here you are 1st quarter 2014

http://corp.gree.net/jp/en/news/press/2013/1113-01.html

here's 2014 and 1st quarter 2015 projection http://corp.gree.net/jp/en/news/press/2014/1107-01.html

About £175 million in 3 months or $265 million in Dollars,

It's this bit you need to look at

Recorded an extraordinary loss after reviewing our game portfolio and terminating development or operation of selected titles, resulting in ¥2.03 billion in write downs of game-related assets read into this we're squeezing as much out of this game as we can before we burn it. It's pretty much the same behaviour Pimps use.

You have to feel sorry for them really, it's probably why they can't afford support staff or even actually care at all about the guys who actually pay their wages.

Another rare read is here, my guess is they operate out of the US now is it's not illegal yet!!

http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/how-japans-social-game-regulations-will-impact-gree-dena-and-the-u-s/524922

Now I'm back to tap tap tap for that amazing FLTQ masters prize, really dumb hey...

Clementine
01-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Stepping in to add a few clarifications as there seems to be some confusion:

1. We have never explicitly supported "pre-staging" targets prior to an event.
2. We will never intentionally wipe progress on targets prior to an event.
3. There has been no policy change on this issue of any sort.
4. Resetting hits on targets during an event should never happen. If this does happen, please send us a ticket immediately.

Additionally, a friendly reminder to please refrain from attacking or insulting others.

Web323
01-27-2015, 11:19 AM

4. Resetting hits on targets during an event should never happen. If this does happen, please send us a ticket immediately.

Additionally, a friendly reminder to please refrain from attacking or insulting others.

When you submit a ticket; all they tell you is tough luck

-Commando-
01-27-2015, 11:30 AM
If we can't pre-stage and we can't earn energy packs and the energy requirement is greater than the average player recovers then why have us tap at all? Just put the unit cost in the store and save both of us a lot of time. In fact just let me sign up for direct withdrawal like the power company so I don't ever have to log in again!

Tony81
01-27-2015, 11:45 AM

Clementine, once gree releases targets in game, it truly is our choice what we want to do with them. If we spend the money to partially kill targets, gree doesn't have the right to reset them without crediting us the energy spent, xp returned, and gold used (whether that be on refills on those targets or honestly any gold spent to get energy boosts in prior events).

If we spend money, you cannot legally take away something without returning said money. That's called theft... at least here in the U.S. Just because you choose to call it "resetting" doesn't change that fact.

Paisthecoolest
01-27-2015, 11:58 AM
the server will reset those kills.

So what does this mean?

sstuutss
01-27-2015, 12:00 PM

Don't you guys have enough problems to deal with without making more for yourselves?
Next time I'm about to lvl, can you reset my xp? No? I guess thats different some how?
And how come your 'always on bottom' is the only code you havent messed with?

Rowe1985
01-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Pretty sure I saw Tadaah praising the use of the forums for stuff like walkthroughs which obviously heavily involve prestaging.

Simple thing to do , instead of causing a riot and more inept attempts at clarifying your position is just to not to release the NPC's early.

I think its a big mistake to go down this route, the challenge of prestaging and discussions it creates in factions is just another nail in the coffin. Your suppose to be improving the game, not doing your continual best to take it further into the gutter.

KillerDriller
01-27-2015, 12:57 PM
If one cant prestage, what am i supposed to do with my energy? i havent had any personal missions in months. The only place for me to spend energy is on events as they are announced or prestage if i dont want to waste health on a useless event. I used to get personal missions in the lower section of the goals board. Now nothing. Gree says sorry for the inconvenience. ROTFL

good gawd noooo
01-27-2015, 01:11 PM
that explains some things ironically NOT ALL my prestaging was reset just a couple lvls. with this happening and the cost of energy this is the last time I will no longer do solo and faction in sync. that is truly a sad day for me. but gree is just killing the game and I honestly feel they are fully aware that they are killing it. this game has lasted almost 2 years longer then they expected. They are getting all they can out of you before it is shut down at this point its possible a boycott could be all they need to just shut it down. then again it may do what you hope as well. tough call, However gree counts on the if I miss this event I will lose progress and all will be wasted mentality a lot of the long time players have. It really is an addiction and asking a crack head to just not take crack for a week to get the dealer to lower their prices.. just not gonna happen.... I like many are getting closer and closer to the door and when we go threw it we wont be back(to ANY gree title)(bet they end up changing name of company in next few years). Gree is all about the money and any company worries about profit but gree takes it to the point that is just plain sickening. Anyway point is doing events in sync use to be an effective tool to increase stats faster then just doing faction side,, Gree has made that too costly and thus many wont even bother anymore.. they have increased the cost by double and now the rewards are jokes I mean really 10% raid payout hell highers up players don't raid as much as before and since its stacking that 10% is actually more like a what 2 percent at best total increase and you want players to spend a vault for that.. get real gree either wake up and save this game or shut it down already ..but this steady decline is actually kind of sadistic by you guys making your players suffer to the bitter end

Rolinz
01-27-2015, 01:25 PM

Clementine,

1. We all know this and seems odd that your new Community Manager posting this info. We were concerned the timing of it. Was there a hidden purpose to this?

2. We know Gree will never "intentionally" wipe the progress, but all kinds accidents and bugs do happen with this game, more often than most would think should be happening.

3. Again, timing of posting this "caveat" seems suspicious.

4. When "anything" that could go wrong happens in the middle of an event, sending in a ticket seems like as good as yelling for customer support out of my window. Customer support most of the time responds after the event has finished or so much time has passed that trying to catch-up the these time sensitive events, it is almost impossible to complete the goals in time.

If you want your players to feel confident "problems" gets addressed in a timely manner, Gree will need to have a Customer Support system that can at least respond that an actual person has received their ticket within 2 to 4 hours. An automated response is useless to know that an actual person has even read our tickets. The automated response that our ticket was received will only tell us that our tickets made it into your system.

Do you see the dilemma when submitting a ticket during a time-constrained event and not getting a response from an actual person in time, rarely happens here?

I submitted a ticket once and took almost 2 weeks for an actual person to respond back to me and another 2 weeks for Gree to fix my problem. Not a very good history with Customer Support.

And if you don't want pre-staging to minimize possible problems, you could release them on the time when the event starts. But let's face it, a number of times your events do not start on time because of some unforeseen problems.

So release the NPCs at the very last minute and see how many will stop doing the LTQs. They might do only the FLTQs I think there will be less people doing the ILTQs. Especially when the LTQs are requiring more energy and have less valuable rewards than before.

I personally prefer pre-staging the LTQs. It is the only way I can ever have a slight chance of completing them.

pick_sax
01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
more to the point, if gree doesnt want items prehit, or items incorrectly hit, then remove all targets from a map.

those that are not active should not appear. those from previous events should be removed. those from coming events should only be there when live.

all this extra stuff is bs from gaming theory to give people an opportunity to "hit the wrong target" and make them spend their way out of a situo with gold.

gree also has invisible targets on maps... i think this happens because the rendering of items is slow, but sometimes targets take 30 seconds or more to show up. then can still be hit, causing wasted energy. like when i see the green arrow guys and hit, but an invisible target is activated via touch.

gree guys! you are running people off in droves. stop the stupidity, fix your issues and dont create others on purpose.

truthteller
01-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I wonder if how things are going

this game will ever be alive to see the "awesome" new stuff the Devs are working on to release later in the year................at this rate, I do not think there will be a MW to release it to lol

East Coast Bias
01-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Again, your colleague should take a few courses in communications before coming out of nowhere and posting something which was clearly lacking clarity. The bottom line is if you release them, it should be fair game. Your inability to have events start on time and without errors could be some of the reasons as to why you feel a need to release the targets early (or perhaps you do support pre event prestaging). Regardless, the fix is simple. Don't release the targets until 2pm PST of the day of the event, not one minute early or late. You would get no complaints from the community other than the typical folks who complain about everything from why they were born as a man to why Jeb Bush is a viable candidate. Sure, you will find that fewer players complete events and you daily click per player statistics might even fall, but then that will be a chance for you guys to reassess what level of energy makes sense in the new no prestage enviroment. Again, this has always been in your ability to control, but for whatever reason until now, your company hasn't done the obvious thing to address prestaging. Telling your players xyz after all these years seems like a poor decision. Release the new NPCs at the start of the event (on time too) and we'd have nothing to complain about. Now is that too hard to understand?

Clementine
01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Clementine,

1. We all know this and seems odd that your new Community Manager posting this info. We were concerned the timing of it. Was there a hidden purpose to this?

No hidden purpose. The request to post the reminder occurred after I had stepped away from the office and was inaccessible on the train headed home, so Relic took control and posted.

2. We know Gree will never "intentionally" wipe the progress, but all kinds accidents and bugs do happen with this game, more often than most would think should be happening.

Understood. The team's main focus is on improving the game stability which will prevent these accidents and bugs that you speak of. We know that it has been a frustrating few months with all the issues, and the team wants to make sure this doesn't happen again, or continue any longer.

3. Again, timing of posting this "caveat" seems suspicious.

This was posted at this time was the result of a high influx of tickets from users stating that they could no longer pre-stage for this event. We thought it would be good to clarify up front and hope to prevent any further confusion. Unfortunately this post seems to have had the opposite effect, and for that, my deepest apologies.

4. When "anything" that could go wrong happens in the middle of an event, sending in a ticket seems like as good as yelling for customer support out of my window. Customer support most of the time responds after the event has finished or so much time has passed that trying to catch-up the these time sensitive events, it is almost impossible to complete the goals in time.

If you want your players to feel confident "problems" gets addressed in a timely manner, Gree will need to have a Customer Support system that can at least respond that an actual person has received their ticket within 2 to 4 hours. An automated response is useless to know that an actual person has even read our tickets. The automated response that our ticket was received will only tell us that our tickets made it into your system.

I understand your frustration here. We are continuing to work on improving on being able to quickly identify a major issue once an event is live, and then resolve it quickly, without relying on you and other players filing tickets. Additionally, we are also always working to improve response times and resolution of issues. Due to the number of ongoing issues that MW has experienced, particularly in the last couple of months of 2014, there was quite a backlog which the team worked tirelessly over the last month to resolve.

Thank you for your very thoughtful and helpful feedback. I appreciate you keeping it very constructive.

GreenwichKid
01-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I understand your frustration here. We are continuing to work on improving on being able to quickly identify a major issue once an event is live, and then resolve it quickly, without relying on you and other players filing tickets. Additionally, we are also always working to improve response times and resolution of issues. Due to the number of ongoing issues that MW has experienced, particularly in the last couple of months of 2014, there was quite a backlog which the team worked tirelessly over the last month to resolve.

Thanks for the clarification, but you have to realise much of the paying players frustration is because filling in supports tickets is just a useless and futile task. I'm still haven't had a response to my ticket about my player that was locked out of the game for 6 weeks, I've got another outstanding ticket since before Christmas, all I receive is a cut and paste reply nothing meaningful or even anything that sounds as if you GREE actually want to help fix the problem and this is typical, if it was atypical behaviour you wouldn't get the complaints that you do.

I could have bought a really expensive TV with what I've spent on this game and yet I can't get a response, if I'd bought a cheap TV from China, I would have had a better response.. If I'd even had one response that demonstrated that support had read my ticket, understood it and was replying to me and not copying and pasting stock replies that we all know have been sent to 100s of others I wouldn't be on this forum complaining.

fighter777
01-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Here is what you folks.
Prestage with your EXTRA energy that would have gone wasted otherwise, never spend gold on it and you are good...
Worst case scenario you gain some XP, best case you finish the event for FREE or at a decent discount...
Risk worth taking if you ask me lol

Merc_mw
01-28-2015, 09:09 AM

Folks, this shouldn't be that hard for people with English as a first language. For those of you who have a different first language, Clementine's post means:

Go ahead and prestage. The only thing that may affect you is if we have to fix a bug before the event the NPCs are in starts.

Left unsaid, the policy is to protect us (GREE) so you can't seek any compensation.

EZfodder
01-30-2015, 10:30 PM
GREE have again demonstraited their expertice in demoralizing thier players. This will mean the end of me spending gold on LTQs. With prepping and a little extra gold I could complete some ltqs, but since this is over I will not spend my gold there. Advice you guys do the same, so GREEdy can feel the consequence of this new brainy move

MW Flake
01-30-2015, 10:37 PM
What are you complaining about? Nothing's changed.

MW Flake
01-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Funny. No AMA's lately either.

bam bam.
01-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Funny. No AMA's lately either.

Even when they do these you get ambiguous answers, generic defensive answers and no answers to the few questions that we need answered. Waste of time they were. Ask me anything and I will answer only the question I choose and give generic (no commitment on times or dates or even willingness to fix the issues) answers. It is a strong part of why I quit. Also NEVER listening to us or engaging in a productive manner for over 2 years drove me mental.

ezmunie
02-01-2015, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why everyone is in an uproar about losing taps on pre-staging. It's always been a gamble. If you prestage and don't lose your taps, good for you, you win. If you prestage and lose your taps, sorry dude, you lose.

I always get a data push before an event starts, so it's no biggie.

Who dares wins
02-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Gree you are a joke!!! You don't support pre-staging lol how about we don't support you! Because at the end of the day GREE is NOTHING without the PLAYERS so how about stop screwing us over every chance u get and actually make the game playable again!!!!

Apollo13
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
lol. Gree took the suggestion not to release NPCs early. Hmmm...

sstuutss
02-02-2015, 08:42 PM
lol. Gree took the suggestion not to release NPCs early. Hmmm...

Well that would be something. I my think its a stupid way for them to go, but thats my problem.
I doubt they have suddenly got their act together though, more likely they were late getting them out. I'm sure a mod will be along shorty to.let us now which.

Are the NPCs still on the bottom of the pile? (that alone should give people an idea of the company they are dealing with)

Omasbest
02-03-2015, 06:49 AM
gree also has invisible targets on maps... i think this happens because the rendering of items is slow, but sometimes targets take 30 seconds or more to show up. then can still be hit, causing wasted energy. like when i see the green arrow guys and hit, but an invisible target is activated via touch.

Some of those are intentional. We had invisible targets around Halloween that were actually the quest targets.

ezmunie
02-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Personally, I like that everyone starts out even. If you want the grand prize, spend your gold or energy packs to get it.

I would like to see fewer guys on my maps. The invisible ones shouldn't be there at all. If I happen to double click on one, I have to leave the map and go back cause any further progress is not possible. It's a waste of my time to have to do that.

GeoffW
02-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Personally, I like that everyone starts out even. If you want the grand prize, spend your gold or energy packs to get it.
Everyone starts out even with or without pre-staging - its open to us all to pre-stage. We all start out able to pre-stage, or we all start out not able to. Its just different, not more or less fair to anyone.

I can't really see any benefit to Gree in preventing pre-staging. The only reason I can think of is that, as they said, the system wasn't designed for that and there is a risk of pre-staged targets being reset and that causes a huge wave of complaint.

ezmunie
02-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Exactly. Why cause a huge wave of complaints? Just don't release them until the event starts.

Bluehavana2
02-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Exactly. Why cause a huge wave of complaints? Just don't release them until the event starts.

Or even 2 hours after the event starts

Apollo13
02-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Better yet, release the NPCs after the event is over. Lol.

If they allow prestaging, they just make us kill more times of the NPC. If they don't, they will still make you spend gold and energy refills.

But remember this, Gree. You are lucky that people are still voicing their opinions... When they stop, this is when you need to be really worried. So better start listening before we stop talking.

Lance Link
02-06-2015, 08:05 AM

It did happen during the last LTQ and I sent in a ticket # 2235053 and the speedy response 24 hours later told me that pre staging is not "designed into the game" and that no compensation would be offered. The ticket was then closed.
The prestaging was done during the event not prior to the event and it was taken away when the server "reset"
Would appreciate consitency on the part of Gree and a favorable resolution of my ticket.

john2DB4D
02-06-2015, 06:05 PM
It did happen during the last LTQ and I sent in a ticket # 2235053 and the speedy response 24 hours later told me that pre staging is not "designed into the game" and that no compensation would be offered. The ticket was then closed.
The prestaging was done during the event not prior to the event and it was taken away when the server "reset"
Would appreciate consitency on the part of Gree and a favorable resolution of my ticket.

Gree,
It is simple. Either allow press taking or lower the points and release when the event starts. Or be prepared to see many of your paying customers walk away eventually. There are WAY MORE light to medium gold purchasers than heavy. Not everyone can dish out hundreds of dollars every month. Your 40% off gold sales probably proves my point. The trick is too 100,000 or more spending moderate money ($60 a month) than say 10,000 spending hundreds. Wakeup and smell the coffee and then treat us as valued customers.

MW Flake
02-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Trust me, they will never get 100,000 people to spend $60/month. That would be mean every single top 1700 faction would be at max capacity and spending that much. There is nothing at levels that low worth that. So then you start weighting things with more money spent towards the higher levels and less at the lower ones, and guess what? You end up right where we are today.

The Pharoah
02-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Who has enough energy to prestage? There are enough ltqs in each cycle to drain the energy of Galactus.

thescondo
02-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Who has enough energy to prestage? There are enough ltqs in each cycle to drain the energy of Galactus.

LMAO! Galactus!

Jaguar69
02-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Trust me, they will never get 100,000 people to spend $60/month. That would be mean every single top 1700 faction would be at max capacity and spending that much. There is nothing at levels that low worth that. So then you start weighting things with more money spent towards the higher levels and less at the lower ones, and guess what? You end up right where we are today.

100% agree!!!