PDA

View Full Version : Player Notes - Week Ending 1/24/2015

Kefa
01-23-2015, 02:34 PM
I was thinking, since we get periodic "Dev Notes" from the company as to what they are working on etc., it might be nice to offer a summarized version of what the player experience was like during the preceding week. This is not a simple grievance post or list of evils, as it were, but a single thread to describe our experience as players over the last week. My sincerest hope is that this will give the company some good feedback to use in enhancing the player experience and making this a fun game to continue playing.

As a team leader, I spend allot of energy encouraging my teammates to "press on" and do my best to keep them motivated toward our team goals. Doing this, I get allot of feedback from the players on our team, and am also in communication with many other team leaders. So, I think I have a fairly decent perspective on how the mid-level players are feeling about what is going on in the game. With all the complaining that happens, especially here on the forum, there are many things about this game that we all enjoy, or we wouldn't be here at all.

-Raid Boss:
Raid Boss ended this week. The difficulty was increased over the last iteration, but many teams overcame and were able to finish the event. I only know of a few teams that had finished previous iterations who were unable to finish this event. The issue this time seemed to be a slight "folder famine". I know of many teams that struggled to get enough folders for the event, as well as one team that abandoned finishing masters simply because they couldn't gather enough folders in time.

-LTQs/FLTQs:
1. My team is about burned out on these things. The players want to succeed in the game, and now with the newer Equipment aspect of the game, they all realize that skipping opportunities to pick up equipment pieces will mean quickly falling behind too far to remain competetive. My team has had 2 accts quit the game entirely simply because of discouragement over not having been able to finish the first couple LTQs, which had a devastating affect on them in WD. Knowing that recovering would be impossible without going back in time to finish those LTQ events, discouragement took over, and they left.
2. The rest of the team that wishes to continue trying to compete in this game presses on through these LTQs, but it's really a sense of "duty", in a way, that drives them on, again knowing that they'll fall behind and become ineffective if they don't constantly hit NPC targets. That said, it's become NOT enjoyable, and is only a means to an end. Everyone on my team agrees that the game would be allot more fun if we only had 1 of these events per week, maximum, instead of three per week, and at least 24 hours between to regenerate energy.
3. The energy requirements for LTQs has become so inflated that it is another big point of discouragement for people. It makes total sense that a little gold might be required for a player without energy regen bonuses to finish prestige, but it doesn't make any sense that a player with +40 energy regen can't finish masters without spending $100. It's way too much, and if it cost $20 to finish instead of $100, I'm pretty certain that many, many more people would pony up the spot of cash and finish the missions.

24-hour Frontline:
About half of my team really likes this event, 1/4 of the team hates it, and the other 1/4 of the team is indifferent. The 25hr iteration is fun for those who can get on. We did experience several problems with lag during the event, especially in the early hours and final moments of the event. In the final 30min of the event, we added up the total number of deploys that were used by our team, and only about 1/2 of the proper points were credited. We also noticed that our opponents in that final FL battle weren't credited with many points at the end, either, so I'm sure there's something wrong here.

Crates:
What can I say about the crates events? Some people love them, and some people hate them. Personally, I don't like gambling aspects in a war game of this type, since it's pure chance. There's no strategy or tactic to be applied, so it's just, "put in the gold, hit the button, and see". That's great for slot machines, not so great for war, and especially when the only way to get the strongest pieces of equipment for your soldier are hidden inside a slot machine.

Other Issues:
-We continue to struggle with display issues;
-"Ghost" targets appearing on NPC maps
-PvP Raid and Attack results re-appearing after hitting NPC targets
-Fights won/lost appearing reversed, and crediting reversed, in the profile screen
-Collection icons still not appearing over buildings ready to collect
-Raided icons still not appearing over buildings that have been raided
-Our own buildings still sometimes appearing on NPC maps
-Still no way to see our own equipment defense stats
-Still no way to see quantities of our own equipment pieces in our inventories

Gold Sales:
40%-off sales are great! I think you've seen an increase in overall revenue by offering gold at a greater discount. I hope you'll consider also making some of the events a little less expensive to complete. I believe if you do, you'll see an even greater increase in revenue. There's a great many people out there who will spend $20 to finish something, but won't spend anything at all if finishing the thing will cost $100.

All in all, it's still a fun game with a great teamwork element that keeps us coming back and continuing to play. The continuing bugs since the last updates, and the overwhelming number of back to back inflated, "must finish to remain competitive" events, however, are burning people out, and I'm afraid that if it isn't paced back to something that can co-exist with a person's normal life, we'll have a very hard time keeping players on our teams motivated.

I hope this gives the company a sense of where the players are at overall, and that it's not viewed as just another gripe session. Like I said, truth be told, we enjoy the game, or we wouldn't even be here giving feedback at all, positive or negative.

SUPpose So
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Great post Kefa, agree with all you comments especially the ludicrious costs of certain events or items.

(Looking at for example cost of a temp bonus or gold unit that wont make an army... Crazy and disconnected from the real world... )

Jannski
01-23-2015, 07:06 PM
I agree, raid boss was doable... Sometimes the unit lotto for individual at the end can be frustrating. That's my least favorite part. A lot of added work for officers.

You nailed it with LTQs. They are not fun... It's all duty for equipment. 3 a week is so much overkill. I think no matter how great the event... 3 times a week would make it stale. The starting with zero energy and having a zillion npcs on the same map add to the frustration.

Crate events... Meh... I almost ignore them since I'm not a heavy gold user... And when I do use gold it's for faction events. Especially easy to ignore when the temp prize is mission pay out. Health regen or energy bonuses would make it more of a factor.

Frontline is seriously buggy in the last hour... But overall the event has grown on me since I now earn a decent iph.

Overall... The game can be a fun escape. I think the constant pitting of individual goals against team goals makes the job of an officer or leader harder than it would be if these goals could be aligned. As an example, I'd love to see us be able to do the indv level of ltq the faction is on if the event starts at an inconvenient time. I realize that will never happen considering the gold rush to catch up is profitable... But things like that would take some of the indv vs team frustration out for players who don't have buckets of bonus gold. ...and hey, many are regenning at +3 still... I can promise you almost everyone regenning at that level hates LTQs. I hate them on my plus 4 account. Plus 3 base is just way behind the energy requirements for LTQs which are set based on the top 1% to 10% of players. No wonder people are quitting.

bam bam.
01-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Brilliant idea. Solid feedback which will be dutifully ignored by GReE. I was burnt out by the Constant flooding of events and devaluing of accounts. Also being locked out with no compensation was a massive insult.

Kefa; You haven't mentioned the temp boosts and your views on them. My old team has a lot to say about the current boosts on offer.

claremons
01-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Great post kefa.

It's really sad that gree will be ignoring this post. Or tell u that they will pass it on to the creative team or developer, and then ignore it there.

But still, great post.

Rolinz
01-24-2015, 01:41 AM
Great post Kefa!!!

Mikelord
01-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Great post touched on all topics and areas, now wish clementine would read this

Agent Orange
01-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Great idea and well thought out. Thanks for doing it!

WBS
01-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Great post Kefa. I'm also sick of the iltq, it was nice being able to skip them, now it's a job.

-Commando-
01-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Very well thought out post. I agree completely.

Relic
01-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Thank you for sharing this, I'll definitely be passing this information along to the dev team!

rookstar
01-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Great post Kefa and I think you sum up the feelings of the majority of MW players at the moment . These endless events are causing burnout of players and the game feels more like a job now .Just hope Gree listens ( I doubt it though ) as this has been said many times on this forum :(

Gabrielk74
01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Great post Kefa well thought out and I agree it definitely captures the feelings of the majority of MW players

Clementine
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM
This is fantastic. I have stickied it and will also work with Relic to convey this all to the Developers.

Captain Buck Slayer
01-26-2015, 07:38 PM
I agree with this post 100%!!! You hit the nail on the head! If gree listens to this I think this game would be much, much better.

rookstar
01-27-2015, 01:53 AM
This is fantastic. I have stickied it and will also work with Relic to convey this all to the Developers.

Gree hasn't listened to its MW gamers in the past and I very much doubt it will start now :(

MoD
01-27-2015, 05:18 AM
Great post Kefa, Thanks.

DRR
01-27-2015, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Kefa;1456080]

-Raid Boss:
Raid Boss ended this week. The difficulty was increased over the last iteration, but many teams overcame and were able to finish the event.

Nice post that expresses how most players/factions feel about the events. Although I must say that we were not able to finish Master in time, eventhough we had a full faction with 60 players really pushing hard. A lot of factions that did make it, had to rely heavy on jumpers.

An issue with the LTQ: on Android it happened to me more than once that, when I needed multiple kills for a target, one was enough to get the reward message. When checking again though, the goal for that level was still open, with just the one kill registered, or even no kill at all.

Jannski
01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
An issue with the LTQ: on Android it happened to me more than once that, when I needed multiple kills for a target, one was enough to get the reward message. When checking again though, the goal for that level was still open, with just the one kill registered, or even no kill at all.

Here's what I noticed on that. On my android devices I would start say level 6 of masters which needed 2 kills. At 1/2 I'd get the splash screen as if I'd completed the level, and the quest would disappear.

If I wasn't paying attention I'd do extra kills before I realized I needed to restart. I'd restart and level 6 would be back showing 1/2 kills complete regardless of how many I had killed.

This happens periodically throughout the LTQ chains on both android devices.

Johnson_Jr
01-29-2015, 12:59 AM
Here's what I noticed on that. On my android devices I would start say level 6 of masters which needed 2 kills. At 1/2 I'd get the splash screen as if I'd completed the level, and the quest would disappear.

If I wasn't paying attention I'd do extra kills before I realized I needed to restart. I'd restart and level 6 would be back showing 1/2 kills complete regardless of how many I had killed.

This happens periodically throughout the LTQ chains on both android devices.

See yhat too.
Android players must pay attention to this cause i miss a 3days ltq wrapper because of that.
I finished day1 prestige in the last minute (i've got the splash screen). Then day two beggin. But in reality the 15/15 goal had not been counted and so, game didnt recorded the day1 goal/.///// VERY HAPPY you can imagine.
After 5 tickets they said to me i complet only day2 and 3....but not day1.

SO BE really careful and check twice.

AND PLEASE GIVE ANDROID PLAYER THE BONUS attached with reward!!!!!!
thx

CC1
02-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks for starting this Kefa. I agree with all you've said. Unfortunately, I am apathetic at best. Gree has proven to ignore every cry for change and in fact done the very opposite (remember the 6 day WD before Christmas, and the cycle shortening from 4 weeks to 3 weeks). Alas, it's pointless to give feedback to a company that views it's customers with such disdain. Perhaps I'm just bitter as motivating a team to keep going after endless, conflicting and unrealistic ILTQ/FLTQ. The only thing keeping me around is the friends I've made and my remaining gold balance. Once the gold is gone (and no, I won't be buying more), I think it will be time to put it down. It's no longer affordable. Notice how gold is discounted 40% but goal requirements were increased 70%? Value increase is an illusion. Our team use to finish FLTQs with 33 members. We now have 49 and can't even complete 14/15 prestige.

In summary, thank you for your optimism and perseverance to get through to such an obtuse organization for the benefit of the community. As for me, you can count me in the bucket of players that no longer finds Modern War fun to play. It's become a job for which I receive no salary. Since Gree has proven they will NEVER listen, care, or change for the better something has to give.

Message to Gree: if your goal was to make a fun game less fun, congratulations. You did it.

Rolinz
02-08-2015, 11:09 PM
I hope Kefa posts another Player's note soon.

The Dev notes seems to have died off.

Kefa
02-09-2015, 08:32 AM
I hope Kefa posts another Player's note soon.

The Dev notes seems to have died off.

Thanks, I will. Been meaning to do another one.

Kefa
02-19-2015, 01:09 PM
You can un-sticky this one since it's now out of date. Thanks, mods :)