PDA

View Full Version : It's time for change!

Captain Torgue
01-22-2015, 05:28 PM
As many of you are aware in recent chat rooms certain CC players were outed for being men whilst they were posing as women. This caused great embarrassment to these players and forced them to retire.

I hereby announce that I am creating a gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender syndicate that welcomes people from these communities with open arms.

No longer will you have to suffer in silence in your syndicate chat for fear of being persecuted because of your orientation.

Say it loud, say it proud and help me in creating the most fabulous gay syndicate in all of CC.

CAPTAIN HOWDY
01-22-2015, 05:39 PM
I support you and good luck!

Dipstik
01-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Didn't I read this thread in 2012? This is what happens when people forget Rule 30...

cooch
01-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Lmao I'm sure many of us knew. But capt brings up an excellent point. They cannot hide since gree decided to allow players to see the opponents player id.

Some of them were high gold spenders as well. Tsk tsk

Nighteg
01-22-2015, 05:54 PM
As many of you are aware in recent chat rooms certain CC players were outed for being men whilst they were posing as women. This caused great embarrassment to these players and forced them to retire.

I hereby announce that I am creating a gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender syndicate that welcomes people from these communities with open arms.

No longer will you have to suffer in silence in your syndicate chat for fear of being persecuted because of your orientation.

Say it loud, say it proud and help me in creating the most fabulous gay syndicate in all of CC.

Too LoNg DiDnT ReAd!!!!!

HavingFun
01-22-2015, 06:14 PM
This is great for the CC community. I'm sure even the mods would agree. Dragco is always preaching about players respecting one another. I look forward to his comment.

Dipstik
01-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Why wouldn't the mods agree? Do they hate people with alternative lifestyles?

Perin
01-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Lol what goes on in you "guys" lives??

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
will this new syndicate accept even Molly's? One could easily reach some weird conclusions about The Voice's peck implants. I mean, where do you draw the line?

Captain Torgue
01-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Thank you all for your support and understanding. It truly brought a tear to my eye to see how far we have come.

Jeronimo
01-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Lololo this made me laugh :D

John_Locke
01-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Please don't use this language as insults. - Clementine

Winnson
01-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Now I can be happy as a little girl!

Captain Torgue
01-23-2015, 02:01 AM
Fake and gay.

These sort of homophobic comments are exactly the reason a GLBT syndicate needs to be formed so that people of alternative lifestyles can play and enjoy the game without fear of being harassed.

b-w
01-23-2015, 08:42 AM
congrats on coming out of the closet grim

Weasel
01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
These sort of homophobic comments are exactly the reason a GLBT syndicate needs to be formed so that people of alternative lifestyles can play and enjoy the game without fear of being harassed.

What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.

legalious
01-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Being able to have an LGBT SYN is a wonderful idea. Gay Gamers exist and are a part of a global community and have gaming events like Gay Laxicon, Gamerx etc. Being able to join a group with individuals with similar interests without the fear of harassment is a great idea. Gamers need their community as well (ex. Bronies, LGBT, Old Players, Young Players, and more).

Camper
01-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Being able to have an LGBT SYN is a wonderful idea. Gay Gamers exist and are a part of a global community and have gaming events like Gay Laxicon, Gamerx etc. Being able to join a group with individuals with similar interests without the fear of harassment is a great idea. Gamers need their community as well (ex. Bronies, LGBT, Old Players, Young Players, and more).

I think I will create a syndicate for straight white males over 40 with incomes over 50K for the proud straight guys.

!Radar
01-23-2015, 11:39 AM
I think I will create a syndicate for straight white males over 40 with incomes over 50K for the proud straight guys.

let's see how long it takes for you to be classified as a "homophobic racist"

Clementine
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Just a friendly reminder to please keep this thread on topic and free from insults, slurs, and personal attacks. Everyone deserves a safe environment regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kCS97t_Uj34/UwjD9w4NVbI/AAAAAAAAAIs/CdMj6ZqMPBk/s1600/thankyou.gif

Captain Torgue
01-24-2015, 12:02 AM
I would like to say a big thank you to all the players that have helped set up this syndicate so far.

A big shout out to

Cone Stomper
Ma Barker
Big Fet
Bdub
Deborah
That 1 girl Jen
Goody
Sarah
Pistov

And last but not least HTC Blue and ZC you have been amazing in providing the support with cash and brick donations to make this possible.

TMI
01-25-2015, 08:29 PM
I am in awe at the EPICNESS of this troll thread.

Even the mods are getting trolled.

OMFG!! LMAO!!

Relic
01-26-2015, 09:58 AM
This is super cool, and great for the community! Thanks Captain Torgue!

Captain Torgue
01-26-2015, 12:28 PM
This is super cool

You're welcome, also it is fabulous not super cool.

Atlanta
01-26-2015, 01:51 PM

So one type of personality can create a syndicate and request not to be harrassed but not anyone else right?

Dipstik
01-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Oh everyone's free to request an end to harassment... why does this syndicate seem to be attracting it, though? Live and let live, folks. It's the net.

TMI
01-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Just to be clear, is this a syndicate that will be discriminating applicants based on sexual orientation?

Captain Torgue
01-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Just to be clear, is this a syndicate that will be discriminating applicants based on sexual orientation?

Everybody is welcome in this syndicate provided they do not discriminate or harass our members in the chat rooms.

There has been a lot of interest from HTC Blue and I can't thank them enough.

RAMNUTS
01-26-2015, 05:22 PM
What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.
Well said, as this applies to race as well.

Dipstik
01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Some of the responses in this thread have been extremely heteronormative and Eurocentric. Check your privilege, people.

Camper
01-27-2015, 10:55 AM

Couldn't have been stated better. 99.999% of us do not really know or interact with each other in RL. Its the virtual world, and even if in real life its no ones business what we do behind closed doors. I really don't see the need or reason to push our "preferences" for what we do in private on a public gaming forum anyway. Also, I respect all people alike, regardless of their sexual preferences or personal life style.

legalious
01-27-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.

Weasel
01-27-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Max Power
01-27-2015, 01:13 PM

Most people are not intelligent or rational.

LOL....ironic, no?

Not that long ago, gay meant happy. You can't change the meaning of a word and them tell me I can't use it anymore. Well, you can try, anyway....

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Lotta truth in this. This stuff is only hurtful if you take it seriously, and a lotta people have started to take it pretty seriously lately. When someone says something racist, I feel sorry for them.

Jeronimo
01-27-2015, 01:27 PM
You can't say a damn thing these days before being called 'racist' or an '*******' (sorry for the language before banning me lmao). I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.

Weasel
01-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Most people are not intelligent or rational.

True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.

Dipstik
01-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.

I suppose there's an argument that could be made at some level that abject indifference to the plight of another person does not mean you "hate" them, but it's an awfully fine line to draw... "I don't care about puppy mills, but I don't hate dogs" Yeah... I'd probably call you a dog hater.

sister morphine
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM

I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...

People who win at the special olympics have something to brag about too. It doesn't change certain facts though.
Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?

Max Power
01-27-2015, 04:59 PM

Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?

The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.

1997 called, they want their material back.

Dipstik
01-27-2015, 06:32 PM

Oh no you DI'NT!

Weasel
01-27-2015, 06:51 PM

I haven't casually dismissed you. Sorry if you feel that way.

http://media.giphy.com/media/8mMrUPBFikM8M/giphy.gif

Captain Torgue
01-28-2015, 02:58 AM
True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.

Can I count on you to help build this gay syndicate?

sister morphine
01-28-2015, 03:39 AM
The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.
Now that's something I thought was the case in US terminology, but when I googled it, Special Olympics came up as an organisation helping those with mental disabilities through sport. It's the Paralympics is for (mostly) physical disabilities.

montecore
01-28-2015, 05:44 AM

Because Weasel, on a relative scale, is a worthless person. There are good, kind people in this world. People who make humanity better. Weasel isn't one of them.

Molly's Voice
01-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Dipstik
01-28-2015, 06:12 AM
From my experience, the Mollies would rather make a better world than get credit.

Dipstik
01-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Because Weasel, on a relative scale, is a worthless person. There are good, kind people in this world. People who make humanity better. Weasel isn't one of them.

Why thank you, Monty!

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608026318539919103&pid=15.1&P=0

Molly's Voice
01-28-2015, 06:25 AM
From my experience, the Mollies would rather make a better world than get credit.

How soon people forget about us. Perhaps I should bring my Kakao recruiting campaign over to the forum to give you all a refresher.

Weasel
01-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Can I count on you to help build this gay syndicate?

I have more fabulous things to do, but I wish you the best of luck. Potatoes gonna potate.

Dipstik
01-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Point for Monty.

Winnson
01-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Is this the part where we do it?

Jeronimo
01-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Is this the part where we abandon this thread?

Exactly. Agree with Winnson.

Jason_Bourne
01-28-2015, 03:02 PM

That's a terrible thing to do. You usually get an idea of a person's personality after they talk a little bit. I find excessive use of F word or profanity equally offensive too, which is unfortunately common in some groups. That just shows who they are. Having said that, however, I must admit in all this time that I have been playing, even though my team members and I have had close relationship, I have never mentioned that I am straight, and I don't recall them having discussed their orientation either (except for occasional 'my wife cooked a yummy dinner' indications). I don't think that's anyone's business. Neither have I ever talked about my race/ethnicity... so it almost feels like some people WANT to be discriminated, so they have something to cry about and receive preferential treatment...? Not suggesting anyone here is doing that though!

Also, can someone please explain to me how making fun of a specific orientation is different from drawing caricatures that are offensive to a specific religion?

Molly's Voice
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
That's a terrible thing to do. You usually get an idea of a person's personality after they talk a little bit. I find excessive use of F word or profanity equally offensive too, which is unfortunately common in some groups. That just shows who they are. Having said that, however, I must admit in all this time that I have been playing, even though my team members and I have had close relationship, I have never mentioned that I am straight, and I don't recall them having discussed their orientation either (except for occasional 'my wife cooked a yummy dinner' indications). I don't think that's anyone's business. Neither have I ever talked about my race/ethnicity... so it almost feels like some people WANT to be discriminated, so they have something to cry about and receive preferential treatment...? Not suggesting anyone here is doing that though!

Also, can someone please explain to me how making fun of a specific orientation is different from drawing caricatures that are offensive to a specific religion?

Ill tell you what the difference is....

In general, people take discrimination against religion or race much more seriously than sexual orientation; despite it being an equally despicable action.

Captain Torgue
01-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

The Molly's focused too much on bodybuilding and reputation. Many of its gay members felt abandoned by the principles that founded the syndicate.

Molly's Voice
01-28-2015, 04:16 PM
The Molly's focused too much on bodybuilding and reputation. Many of its gay members felt abandoned by the principles that founded the syndicate.

Who are your sources? Because I can only think of 1 player that was unable to keep up with my lifting program and refused to submit his weekly flex pose progress pics. Other than that, we maintain a satisfied roster of bosses.

Dipstik
01-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Who are your sources? Because I can only think of 1 player that was unable to keep up with my lifting program and refused to submit his weekly flex pose progress pics. Other than that, we maintain a satisfied roster of bosses.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608020387182480135&pid=15.1

ploop
01-28-2015, 04:55 PM

Quoting for truth.

ploop
01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Hey Grim, if this is real...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp4l2CYIQAA5FdP.jpg:large

I love tacos
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Hey Grim, if this is real...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp4l2CYIQAA5FdP.jpg:largeDouble posting is inappropriate, where is 1Shot when you need him.

Winnson
01-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Both posts are separate and meaningful. How can you be against that?

Max Power
01-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Now that's something I thought was the case in US terminology, but when I googled it, Special Olympics came up as an organisation helping those with mental disabilities through sport. It's the Paralympics is for (mostly) physical disabilities.

Well I'll be damned. I learned something new today.

A person's colorful language doesn't really show who they are. It's more a reflection of their environment and upbringing. Making blanket judgements like that is just as bad as what you are condemning.

And of course sexual orientation in this game is of no relevance. Hell, people lie about their gender all the time in game, why would you trust any discussion of orientation?

Jason_Bourne
01-29-2015, 03:34 PM
A person's colorful language doesn't really show who they are. It's more a reflection of their environment and upbringing. Making blanket judgements like that is just as bad as what you are condemning.

That's such a lame excuse for using foul language! First off, 'who you are' is really shaped by several factors which by the way include your 'environment and upbringing'. Secondly, if your logic is correct then being racist is also 'just a reflection of your environment and upbringing', and doesn't show who you are...??? Being racist is YOUR choice, same as using profanity and foul language is your choice. It is pathetic how some people hide behind excuses like 'upbringing' to justify their offensive behavior.

spiderman
01-29-2015, 05:04 PM
That's such a lame excuse for using foul language! First off, 'who you are' is really shaped by several factors which by the way include your 'environment and upbringing'. Secondly, if your logic is correct then being racist is also 'just a reflection of your environment and upbringing', and doesn't show who you are...??? Being racist is YOUR choice, same as using profanity and foul language is your choice. It is pathetic how some people hide behind excuses like 'upbringing' to justify their offensive behavior.

Indeed, mate. CC, will go on. Life is good. Happy gaming mate.

Captain Torgue
01-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Please stay on topic!

Max Power
01-30-2015, 06:37 AM

It's not an excuse, it's reality. Most racism is based on ignorance, and is a byproduct of upbringing. That's just reality.

I have worked on many shops over the years where every other word is an F-bomb, and most of those guys would give you the shirt off their back. In your compartmentalized little world, you seem to have them labeled and all figured out. I prefer not to judge the entirety of a human being by their vocabulary. Your mileage may vary.

xRedfoxx
01-30-2015, 08:23 AM
It's not an excuse, it's reality. Most racism is based on ignorance, and is a byproduct of upbringing. That's just reality.

I have worked on many shops over the years where every other word is an F-bomb, and most of those guys would give you the shirt off their back. In your compartmentalized little world, you seem to have them labeled and all figured out. I prefer not to judge the entirety of a human being by their vocabulary. Your mileage may vary.

And yet even you judge those that prefer to support a healthy family lifestyle. Barn-yard language is not acceptable as the norm, regardless of what the current generation has grown up believing is their right. There is nothing wrong with supporting a gaming (or living style) where cuss words are not allowed and even frowned upon. Encouraging others to be courteous and proper appears to be lost on many of the last few generations.

Someone that cusses constantly and spreads porn in every other post certainly isn't the environment I want to be in nor the one I want as an example for my kids. There is nothing 'cool' about being foul mouthed. Being 'cool' in my book is being a great example to others.

Dipstik
01-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Being 'cool' in my book is being a great example to others.

Also eating your vegetables and following all the rules!

You sound like a church youth minister, dude.

smokey77
01-30-2015, 10:23 AM
And yet even you judge those that prefer to support a healthy family lifestyle. Barn-yard language is not acceptable as the norm, regardless of what the current generation has grown up believing is their right. There is nothing wrong with supporting a gaming (or living style) where cuss words are not allowed and even frowned upon. Encouraging others to be courteous and proper appears to be lost on many of the last few generations.

Someone that cusses constantly and spreads porn in every other post certainly isn't the environment I want to be in nor the one I want as an example for my kids. There is nothing 'cool' about being foul mouthed. Being 'cool' in my book is being a great example to others.

I don`t understand people that play this game then take the moral high ground . You want people to be courteous while playing a game that is based around crime . Just because you find swearing offensive doesn`t mean everyone else does , so why should everyone else dance to your tune ? Live and let live , lifes too short .

Max Power
01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
And yet even you judge those that prefer to support a healthy family lifestyle.

I am not judging anybody. I am suggesting that previous poster do a lot less of it and get to know the people he is judging before doing so. Speak in whatever style suits you, I can't imagine caring less.

Just because you find swearing offensive doesn`t mean everyone else does , so why should everyone else dance to your tune ? Live and let live , lifes too short .

This.

TheWarthog
01-30-2015, 10:41 AM
This

This

ESPECIally liked TMIsattempt to bring context with this

I am in awe at the EPICNESS of this troll thread.

Even the mods are getting trolled.

OMFG!! LMAO!!

In response to things like this

Just a friendly reminder to please keep this thread on topic and free from insults, slurs, and personal attacks. Everyone deserves a safe environment regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kCS97t_Uj34/UwjD9w4NVbI/AAAAAAAAAIs/CdMj6ZqMPBk/s1600/thankyou.gif

I did like TMI's follow-up attempt at entrapment with this.

I've never had to work so hard to find the people who get satire/sarcasm. Good LAWDY people...you been spoofed and you be too stupid to get it.

Weasel
01-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Also eating your vegetables and following all the rules!

You sound like a church youth minister, dude.

I'm not saying they're all like this, I've only met a few of them, but of the people from Texas I've met, the majority come off as this preachy "our way is better than your way" type.

That's fine, they're allowed. I strongly disagree with that attitude, but they are allowed.

I just don't go to Texas. Problem solved.

cooch
01-30-2015, 10:48 AM

Max is correct, by in large, plenty of examples and I am sure been studied. You probably have not been around or mingle with the wide variety of socio economic classes and learned much about them. Carry on

Captain Torgue
01-31-2015, 01:54 AM
I'm not saying they're all like this, I've only met a few of them, but of the people from Texas I've met, the majority come off as this preachy "our way is better than your way" type.

That's fine, they're allowed. I strongly disagree with that attitude, but they are allowed.

I just don't go to Texas. Problem solved.

If you could not go anywhere and never leave your house that would be great.

John_Locke
01-31-2015, 03:59 PM
If you could not go anywhere and never leave your house that would be great.

If God wanted that, he would have made us as flexible as cats.