PDA

View Full Version : So SAS..

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Was a +5% mafia attack really worth all that gold?

HavingFun
01-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Really dude?

Dipstik
01-21-2015, 12:32 PM
It beats spending the same amount of gold to NOT get the mod...

Winnson
01-21-2015, 12:52 PM
I'd punch my best friend right in the face for a +5% Mafia Attack mod.

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 12:55 PM
I remember when the Raid Boss elite prizes were 5% mafia attack and my T400 syndicate could finish without gold.

Those were the days.

!Radar
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
I'd punch my best friend right in the face for a +5% Mafia Attack mod.

I'd punch your best friend right in the face for a +1% mafia attack mod, I may even go with a kick to the shins for defense mod

Blaggard
01-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Somehow I don't think it was about the 5% mafia prize.

evj
01-21-2015, 02:14 PM
I'd punch your best friend right in the face for a +1% mafia attack mod, I may even go with a kick to the shins for defense mod

We might have a spot for u. we like peeps who use their brain ;)

Captain Torgue
01-21-2015, 02:49 PM
I remember when the Raid Boss elite prizes were 5% mafia attack and my T400 syndicate could finish without gold.

Those were the days.

Forget mods, accomplices are where the action is nowadays.

!Radar
01-21-2015, 02:55 PM
We might have a spot for u. we like peeps who use their brain ;)

I'll have to pass, I probably don't meet the requirements. Judging by the number of influence points you put up, I think I am better off waiting until you start SAS 216. Offer still stands for friend punch or shin kick.

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Forget mods, accomplices are where the action is nowadays.

Sadly, they already ruined Raid boss. Can't wait to see what they do for SA

Dipstik
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
How have accomplices affected the raid boss?

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 05:50 PM
How have accomplices affected the raid boss?

It used to be one of the biggest stat building events.. now all the awesome stat prizes were replaced with these stupid accomplices

Weasel
01-21-2015, 05:58 PM
It used to be one of the biggest stat building events.. now all the awesome stat prizes were replaced with these stupid accomplices

You can thank all the stat addicts who maxed out to the point of achieving integer overflow. So now we still get to build stats, just in a different way. And if a 100 attack accomplice being won at a time when your total accomplice attack was no greater than about 1000, how would a 10% bump in stats not be considered huge stat building?

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 06:15 PM
You can thank all the stat addicts who maxed out to the point of achieving integer overflow. So now we still get to build stats, just in a different way. And if a 100 attack accomplice being won at a time when your total accomplice attack was no greater than about 1000, how would a 10% bump in stats not be considered huge stat building?

It's not that big a bump when most players have the same exact accomplices and you're not getting ahead or increasing your chances of winning a fight, but you have to get them so you don't get left behind and risk being screwed over in war.

A +3% mafia attack for me could be 3m for me, 20m for someone else, and 5k for another, and over time that number would slowly increase as you become stronger.

Molly's Voice
01-21-2015, 06:34 PM
You can thank all the stat addicts who maxed out to the point of achieving integer overflow.

Thanks for ruining the game, Monte.

Weasel
01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
It's not that big a bump when most players have the same exact accomplices and you're not getting ahead or increasing your chances of winning a fight, but you have to get them so you don't get left behind and risk being screwed over in war.

A +3% mafia attack for me could be 3m for me, 20m for someone else, and 5k for another, and over time that number would slowly increase as you become stronger.

They're not going to solve one stat inflation problem by immediately introducing a different stat inflation problem. What you're seeing with accomplices is reminiscent of how the game was at the beginning. Everyone had access to the same relatively weak items and stats 100k and above cost several thousand real dollars.

If Gree is smart, and that's a mighty big 'if', they will slowly increase accomplice stats over time and never introduce accomplice stat modifiers. They should have learned from experience that these +% mods serve only to exacerbate the inflation issue. Of course, it will only be a matter of time before the big spenders begin to demand a greater return per dollar spent, so Gree's intelligence will likely have very little to do with their decision making process.

Captain Torgue
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
They're not going to solve one stat inflation problem by immediately introducing a different stat inflation problem. What you're seeing with accomplices is reminiscent of how the game was at the beginning. Everyone had access to the same relatively weak items and stats 100k and above cost several thousand real dollars.

If Gree is smart, and that's a mighty big 'if', they will slowly increase accomplice stats over time and never introduce accomplice stat modifiers. They should have learned from experience that these +% mods serve only to exacerbate the inflation issue. Of course, it will only be a matter of time before the big spenders begin to demand a greater return per dollar spent, so Gree's intelligence will likely have very little to do with their decision making process.

Too LONG DIDNT READ!

Evan1000

If Gree is smart, and that's a mighty big 'if', they will slowly increase accomplice stats over time and never introduce accomplice stat modifiers. They should have learned from experience that these +% mods serve only to exacerbate the inflation issue.

I assumed that, but can't see why they would want to do that again, other than like you said when they first came out which was to control and manipulate stat inflation.

Also, they don't care about the accomplice inflation.. if they did, they wouldn't have had triple digit accomplices a week after they first came out.

Evan1000
Too LONG DIDNT READ!

Too lazy didn't read*

Weasel
01-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Too LONG DIDNT READ!

That's ok. It's obvious you can't read anyways.

Weasel
01-21-2015, 06:51 PM
I assumed that, but can't see why they would want to do that again, other than like you said when they first came out which was to control and manipulate stat inflation.

Also, they don't care about the accomplice inflation.. if they did, they wouldn't have had triple digit accomplices a week after they first came out.

They care about accomplice inflation, but they care more about profits. Who would spend the cost of an elite LTQ for some weak accomplice that they could get for free in a different event? Nobody, that's who.

You weren't around at the start, but it was the same then. All (or most) of the 800 gold items in the store were triple digit stats. So if you think about it, it was actually cheaper back then since finishing elite LTQ costs vastly more than 800 gold.

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 07:12 PM
That's ok. It's obvious you can't read anyways.

Ouch, even I felt that..

This line is so sig worthy

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 07:17 PM
They care about accomplice inflation, but they care more about profits. Who would spend the cost of an elite LTQ for some weak accomplice that they could get for free in a different event? Nobody, that's who.

You weren't around at the start, but it was the same then. All (or most) of the 800 gold items in the store were triple digit stats. So if you think about it, it was actually cheaper back then since finishing elite LTQ costs vastly more than 800 gold.

True.. all of it.

I'll still be waiting for the first accomplice mod to come out though :p

Weasel
01-21-2015, 07:27 PM
True.. all of it.

It will happen, Gree always does things that they either shouldn't or said they wouldn't do.

Green Drake
01-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Gree would never do something their players wanted. Would they?...

Weasel
01-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Gree would never do something their players wanted. Would they?...

No, but they might consider doing something their payers want. A lot of the big spenders have inside contacts who communicate with them on a first name basis. After they talk, the suggestions and requests don't come from players or payers, they come from staff in attendance at the weekly meetings.

Green Drake
01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Don't have any inside knowledge of those conversations. I will say today's update is a welcome change.

Molly's Voice
01-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Ouch, even I felt that..

This line is so sig worthy

True.. all of it.

Good God man, get a grip. I haven't seen sucking up to this extent since the Billy was getting a Lewinsky.

Evan1000
01-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Good God man, get a grip. I haven't seen sucking up to this extent since the Billy was getting a Lewinsky.

I can't get a grip when I'm in the presence of such a talented body builder and crime city veteran such as yourself.

Better?

Molly's Voice
01-22-2015, 07:01 AM
Better.

If there's going to be overt sucking up and praise, it might as well be done in celebration of me.

Evan1000
01-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Better.

If there's going to be overt sucking up and praise, it might as well be done in celebration of me.

Of course.