PDA

View Full Version : Only happy positive posts are allowed on the forum..

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 04:25 AM
Dear Forum members, please remember only to post positive happy posts, otherwise they will be edited and removed...

i thank you ..

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-20-2015, 04:34 AM
Today I opened my game and tapped the collect all button.
I done did sumpin.

R Ingersoll
01-20-2015, 06:32 AM
That would make us more quiet than the mods.

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 06:56 AM
Today i am happily leaving the forum, i am happily donating my base to my faction even though cash is worthless now since the happy tank glitch and the happy reintroduction of 4 x LTB that i happily bought first time around happily believing they were limited....

I wish you all a happy day... Tarrah ..

Oh oh Gree
01-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Plus the unpaid mods just moved this thread. Great work helping players mods.

legalious
01-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Plus the unpaid mods just moved this thread. Great work helping players mods.

This thread mentions nothing of MW, so to off topic is where it goes.

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 10:07 AM

Really? I guess these are about the weather then.

Today I opened my game and tapped the collect all button.
I done did sumpin.

Today i am happily leaving the forum, i am happily donating my base to my faction even though cash is worthless now since the happy tank glitch and the happy reintroduction of 4 x LTB that i happily bought first time around happily believing they were limited....

I wish you all a happy day... Tarrah ..

Agent Orange
01-20-2015, 11:35 AM

Actually it's about as on topic as most in this forum if you had actually followed what it was about.

I have reported your reply which was completely unnessessary, all you had to do was close this thread instead of sniping back at the customers so for that reason I have sent the following. I normally only report quietly and do not follow up in the forum but enough is enough.

"Comment was unnessessary and disrespectful. I think that this moderator should be removed forthwith since they do far more harm than good or at the very least remove their ability to post comments in the forum."

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 01:17 PM
I think it's pretty bad when you start making AO pissed.

Rolinz
01-20-2015, 02:28 PM

I had a thread asking how many players were leaving MW with all of Gree's disappointments and it got moved to off-topic to try and bury it?

DragCro
01-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Dear Forum members, please remember only to post positive happy posts, otherwise they will be edited and removed...

i thank you ..

Hello there.

Post doesn't need to be positive or happy etc..
But threads should be about the game and issues about the game and to help other players with advices how to play or what to do in each event.Especially to beginners that doesn't know how to play..

Posting about actions of any moderator or making threads to deliberately argue or to question each action in this forum is against the TOS.

P.s.Captain Orange i like your posts and i respect each member of the forum here..
But respect should be in both ways,it is not a one way street..

Clementine
01-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Hello Folks. I wanted to step in an state that this thread does belong in off-topic. It is not directly related to MW. Additionally, good practice for both the Community Managers and the Mods is to state why we are closing or moving a thread when we do so. Thank you.

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Hello there.

But threads should be about the game and issues about the game and to help other players with advices how to play or what to do in each event.Especially to beginners that doesn't know how to play..

Posting about actions of any moderator or making threads to deliberately argue or to question each action in this forum is against the TOS.

P.s.Captain Orange i like your posts and i respect each member of the forum here..

Im sorry, I didn't realize one mod alone decided what should and shouldn't be posted here. Should we all first PM the chosen One what we intend to post for pre-approval? Or maybe opinions are (again) being confused with how the forums are supposed to be objectively monitored?

We've seen the respect extended to members here by some of the "mods". It's not always as "respectful" as you make it out to be. From most of what I've read going back the last few months, the only threads that have gotten totally out of hand were when certain "mods" felt it was their duty to incite the community, before running and hiding behind their "status". This thread is just one more example. There is another thread I've replied to today regarding the behavior of mods. I suggest you all check it out.

Agent Orange
01-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Hello there.

I try to as well but the overwhealming trend from this one moderator is confrontational. As you know I have quietly reported their actions through the report button and kept any further comments out of the forum however it seems to me that they just do not understand that what they are doing and saying is inappropriate from a moderator. All they needed to do was to close this thread, they did not have to post an off handed comment. Granted this person actually toned down their comment from considerably worse posts which were highly inflamatory but still the key point of moderating is MODERATION and this person does not exhibit this quality at all and therefore should not be given such status.

I certainly understand how difficult and thankless a job this can be having run online forums since 1994 and dealt with folks far more confrontational than here. However given the caustic atmosphere that we have here now it is even more prudent to tread lightly and fairly, which sadly I am not seeing in this instance and why as a last resort I have gone public.

DragCro
01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Im sorry, I didn't realize one mod alone decided what should and shouldn't be posted here. Should we all first PM the chosen One what we intend to post for pre-approval? Or maybe opinions are (again) being confused with how the forums are supposed to be objectively monitored?

We've seen the respect extended to members here by some of the "mods". It's not always as "respectful" as you make it out to be. From most of what I've read going back the last few months, the only threads that have gotten totally out of hand were when certain "mods" felt it was their duty to incite the community, before running and hiding behind their "status". This thread is just one more example. There is another thread I've replied to today regarding the behavior of mods. I suggest you all check it out.

Read the Tos and you will know what you shouldn't or should do in this forum,that is why we have rules.
As for reading your posts,thank you for letting me know,i will look at it.
But know that if you offended or posted something against any of us you will get infraction.
Enjoy the forum..

Agent Orange
01-20-2015, 03:45 PM
I think it's pretty bad when you start making AO pissed.

I can't say I'm angry, far from it. Deeply saddened and profoundly disappointed would be more appropriate.

DragCro
01-20-2015, 03:58 PM
I try to as well but the overwhealming trend from this one moderator is confrontational. As you know I have quietly reported their actions through the report button and kept any further comments out of the forum however it seems to me that they just do not understand that what they are doing and saying is inappropriate from a moderator. All they needed to do was to close this thread, they did not have to post an off handed comment. Granted this person actually toned down their comment from considerably worse posts which were highly inflamatory but still the key point of moderating is MODERATION and this person does not exhibit this quality at all and therefore should not be given such status.

I certainly understand how difficult and thankless a job this can be having run online forums since 1994 and dealt with folks far more confrontational than here. However given the caustic atmosphere that we have here now it is even more prudent to tread lightly and fairly, which sadly I am not seeing in this instance and why as a last resort I have gone public.
Every moderator here have some good quality that brings into the forum.
We are not the same in personality and we respond diferently.
I asure you that in time you will know us better and see the best side of us.
We have good intentions and want to contribute somehow to make this forum a better place..
That is why we are doing this job,the reason are you all here and this forum..

Agent Orange
01-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Read the Tos and you will know what you shouldn't or should do in this forum,that is why we have rules.
As for reading your posts,thank you for letting me know,i will look at it.
But know that if you offended or posted something against any of us you will get infraction.
Enjoy the forum..

As a posted above I think given how frustrated and angry the customer base has become it really is important that all sides tread more lightly then ever. Moderators instantly have a target painted on their backs but that does not mean that they should take sport in being confrontational even though they are doing the right thing and that is where for me the line got crossed.

Btw was it appropriate to flex your muscles and threaten as that is exactly how you have come off in your second last sentence. See how something as simple as what you said can be interpreted differently? It could be a matter of symantics and the loss in translation I do understand that english is not your first language and because of this I try and put myself in your shoes. I understand how something can be misinterpreted but I would think that we all realize that a TOS violation can result in sanctions. How it comes off in the context of this thread though is a veiled threat.

DragCro
01-20-2015, 04:01 PM
I can't say I'm angry, far from it. Deeply saddened and profoundly disappointed would be more appropriate.

Don't be sad of disapointed.
If we can help you and others we will do that,or at least we will do our best to try to help.
Captain Orange i wish you the best and as you know i respect you..
Enjoy the game and the forum

Agent Orange
01-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Every moderator here have some good quality that brings into the forum.
We are not the same in personality and we respond diferently.
I asure you that in time you will know us better and see the best side of us.
We have good intentions and want to contribute somehow to make this forum a better place..
That is why we are doing this job,the reason are you all here and this forum..

Yes I remember when you first showed up how hard you tried and how brutally attacked you got for just doing your best.... And that Ihave great respect for. Perhaps this conversation was long overdue from both sides....

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 04:34 PM
This very thread, which is not against the TOS, was locked and subsequently reopened. So it seems that there are people with the power to lock threads which do not fully understand the rules. So are we now to fear someones over zealousness or ignorance, as we are now being threatened with bans?

R Ingersoll
01-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Ironically, they proved the thread's validity. If you try to have a little fun with a bit of harmless sarcasim, they go ahead and censor it. Meanwhile I still have a mini with humbug targets instead of faction mission targets, missing buildings, and can't get folders for any hits. And haven't heard a word from gree. But sure, let's silence a little good natured humor.

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I've only been a forum member for a short time, but a player for more than two years. After receiving firsthand the kind of treatment I've seen that others have experienced in the past, I may truly have to consider leaving it all behind. I am honestly stunned that a company allows threats and bullying as their method of moderating a forum provided for its customers.

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 05:37 PM
And like that I'm now seeing completely legit, as per the TOS, posts vanishing. Have I now been singled out?

Oh oh Gree
01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
And like that I'm now seeing completely legit, as per the TOS, posts vanishing. Have I now been singled out?

You are not The only one whose posts have disappeared by dragonCon. The problem is Gree has decided to add these
Unpaid Mods who are power hungry rather than hiring and paying staff to do a job. The most action you see from a paid Mod is closing threads while real questions go unanswered.

I feel bad for the Gree employees. They do not have the resources given to them to run and quality check this game and say things like other gaming companies have the same staff. I have never had any issues with a game by Super Cell and pretty much every Gree game has issues. Something is not going right with Gree or Super Cell is the exception.

DragCro
01-21-2015, 02:02 AM
You are not The only one whose posts have disappeared by dragonCon. The problem is Gree has decided to add these
Unpaid Mods who are power hungry rather than hiring and paying staff to do a job. The most action you see from a paid Mod is closing threads while real questions go unanswered.

I feel bad for the Gree employees. They do not have the resources given to them to run and quality check this game and say things like other gaming companies have the same staff. I have never had any issues with a game by Super Cell and pretty much every Gree game has issues. Something is not going right with Gree or Super Cell is the exception.

So much false accusations we have here.
Post wanishing? I don't delete posts,that is the last resort and we do that just if we see that someone breached tos in major way as insults etc..

Power hungry you call us.I know my self and i know that i am far far from that.
I'm sorry that you and others think that we are doing something wrong.

I am thankful to a lot of people here that apreciate what we are doing and forum is now a better place and for them and for us.We all have friends here and we want to make a great atmosphere in this forum where you can find any information about game easy and you get help with questions and answers about the game.
Offtopic section of the forum is and for having a little fun with your friends not related to the game.

About what i responded to MwFlake,it wasn't a threat.
He himself posted to us moderators to check to his posts.Did i asked him that?
Or did he said himself as check my post i posted something about moderators or he sayed something similar to that.
I gived just a advice by my post to him that we have a freedom of speach here but that doesn't mean that any of you can bully us with words or insult us for doing our jobs.

After reading MwFlake posts i saw that didn't happen so i thank him for that,he criticized us a little but that is ok,i don't mind that.

I am a member of diferent forums not related to games and i know how moderators respond,you all here should check and those diferent forums and see how trolling or any action as insulting someone or bullying someone whould be handled on those forums by their moderators.

Twist of Cain
01-21-2015, 04:07 AM
Don't be sad of disapointed.
If we can help you and others we will do that,or at least we will do our best to try to help.
Captain Orange i wish you the best and as you know i respect you..
Enjoy the game and the forum

His name is AGENT ORANGE............................................ .....SMH

DragCro
01-21-2015, 05:23 AM
His name is AGENT ORANGE............................................ .....SMH

You are right,my mistake..
Agent Orange is correct name..

Rolinz
01-21-2015, 09:27 AM
I am thankful to a lot of people here that apreciate what we are doing and forum is now a better place and for them and for us.We all have friends here and we want to make a great atmosphere in this forum where you can find any information about game easy and you get help with questions and answers about the game.
Offtopic section of the forum is and for having a little fun with your friends not related to the game.

It is hard to have "a great atmosphere in this forum" or even a positive one when the players feels that GREE does not relay or share enough information to its players and when players complain, their postings gets censored or edited or moved or whatever.

I understand the Mods and Community Managers are only trying to keep the forums "clean", "organized" and "positive". But one of the Code of Conduct, "Creation of topics with the sole purpose of causing unrest in the forums" is a violation that is almost impossible to avoid.

GREE, many times, is the main source of the "unrest" generated by players when they are frustrated with the lack of Customer Support or any response from anyone from GREE. Or whenever something stops working or an event has problems. The players frustration and sometimes anger towards GREE cannot be helped from showing up on the forums. Is it your purpose to silence or censor them so people don't see the problems others are experiencing?

Sorry, just voicing my concerns, opinions, frustrations and disappointments with GREE and their support of its players.

Rolinz
01-21-2015, 09:36 AM
How come this thread did not get moved to "Off-Topic"???

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?23751-Name-That-Quote

Does it belong in General or Off-Topic? Does it relate or talk about MW directly?

Does the actions on some threads and/or the lack of actions on other threads give the "appearance" of censorship or hypocrisy and using the Code of Conduct as a tool for such actions?

MW Flake
01-21-2015, 09:37 AM
I just shared that same exact thought with a Mod. Posting anything is almost like a case of entrapment.

MW Flake
01-21-2015, 09:39 AM
How come this thread did not get moved to "Off-Topic"???

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?23751-Name-That-Quote

Does it belong in General or Off-Topic? Does it relate or talk about MW directly?

Or why is it not locked like so many other necroed threads? I'm not saying I want it to, but it goes to show the TOS is being arbitrarily interpreted and enforced. There is no consistency, and then we are threatened with infractions for violating something that is acceptable one minute, but forbidden the next.

Clementine
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Or why is it not locked like so many other necroed threads? I'm not saying I want it to, but it goes to show the TOS is being arbitrarily interpreted and enforced.

I just saw the thread you mentioned and just moved it to Off-Topic. It likely went unnoticed because it was a necroed thread. My apologies for missing this.

MW Flake
01-21-2015, 09:46 AM
I just saw the thread you mentioned and just moved it to Off-Topic. It likely went unnoticed because it was a necroed thread. My apologies for missing this.

It's not as much one person being inconsistent (though that can be found easy enough), as one person seems ban and lock happy, another is very laid back, others flame and bait as much as any regular troll, and some do things in moderation. It creates a minefield for the community.

Clementine
01-21-2015, 10:26 AM
It's not as much one person being inconsistent (though that can be found easy enough), as one person seems ban and lock happy, another is very laid back, others flame and bait as much as any regular troll, and some do things in moderation. It creates a minefield for the community.

Just a quick clarification that Moderators do not have any power to ban. Relic and I are working on improving and revamping the program, and making sure everyone is on the same page moving forward. We do understand there has been some inconsistency and are addressing this.

MW Flake
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
No they can't ban, but I've seen many posts made by some threatening members (on numerous occasions) with bans just the same (and then see many of them are now banned). Which incites some and makes it even more of an us against the big bad Gree monster instead of all of us working together. As I said yesterday, I now feel targeted myself for trying to discuss being wronged here, and that in the end, certain individuals will be unfairly protected regardless of their behavior.

Rolinz
01-21-2015, 12:01 PM

I agree.

Consistency from the Mods and Community Manager would reduce people's frustration and disappointments.

Agent Orange
01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
You are right,my mistake..
Agent Orange is correct name..

No worries, I chuckled to myself because Captain was my final rank in the reserves.

DragCro
01-21-2015, 03:15 PM
No worries, I chuckled to myself because Captain was my final rank in the reserves.

Please add me as a friend,you are a good man and you have my friendship if you want it.
I hope you enjoy the game and the forum

Agent Orange
01-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Just a quick clarification that Moderators do not have any power to ban. Relic and I are working on improving and revamping the program, and making sure everyone is on the same page moving forward. We do understand there has been some inconsistency and are addressing this.

Good to know, honestly I really don't think it is a good idea to have player mods. We have too broad a range of experience and quality ranging from stellar to abysmal. My first thought when I saw player mods was this was a very bad idea. There was possibility of retaliation, for example players find out who the mods in game name is and cluster bomb them the way PUN used to. Or the flip side where a mod extracts revenge on a player through the forums.

My other thought was that it was a clever way for gree to put targets in front of their real employees, lets let these poor saps get their butts handed to them in the forums instead of us...

But then I saw the really bad side which was a mod cosistantly taunting the customers and that is where the line must be drawn. To the forum managers credit one of the most abusive posts by this particular mod was edited to remove the most offensive parts but honestly this should not be happening at all nor should anyone need to be sending in reports about this.

Agent Orange
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Please add me as a friend,you are a good man and you have my friendship if you want it.
I hope you enjoy the game and the forum

Thanks added you. You are a good man as well, glad to be able to call you a friend!

Clementine
01-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Good to know, honestly I really don't think it is a good idea to have player mods. We have too broad a range of experience and quality ranging from stellar to abysmal. My first thought when I saw player mods was this was a very bad idea. There was possibility of retaliation, for example players find out who the mods in game name is and cluster bomb them the way PUN used to. Or the flip side where a mod extracts revenge on a player through the forums.

Hey AO. I do understand your concerns about Moderators. I would like to give you some insight as to why we have them. Given that there are only two of us (originally Tadaaah and myself, and now Relic and myself) and so many titles, the Moderators help us to clean up spam threads, moderate and remove offensive posts, and answer some basic questions. This is especially important since we are unable to be here 24/7 (apparently we as humans require this pesky thing called sleep). In an ideal world we would have an army of Community Managers, at least one for each title, and around the clock coverage. However, like most businesses, we are working with certain budget and staff size limits, so we find different ways to give each title the attention they need through the implementation of initiatives such as the Forum Moderator Program.

We know that this program is still a work in progress, and that there have been some missteps along the way, and I take full responsibility for this since I designed and implemented the system. We are working to correct that and improve the "training" we have for our Moderators, so that there is consistency across the board in both the Mods and Community Managers. One thing to remember is that our Moderators were players first, and most often still are. They still love the games, but also enjoy the community and are passionate about making it a better place to be.

While Relic and I will be making more an effort to be on top of what the Moderators are doing and take action if necessary, if you do happen to find a Moderator that appears to be "abusing" their behavior, or stepping over the line, may I please ask you to screenshot the offending post/thread, and then send myself and/or Relic. We will then handle it in a private manner rather than in a public thread which turns into a flame war and an attack on others.

Agent Orange
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Hey AO. I do understand your concerns about Moderators. I would like to give you some insight as to why we have them. Given that there are only two of us (originally Tadaaah and myself, and now Relic and myself) and so many titles, the Moderators help us to clean up spam threads, moderate and remove offensive posts, and answer some basic questions. This is especially important since we are unable to be here 24/7 (apparently we as humans require this pesky thing called sleep). In an ideal world we would have an army of Community Managers, at least one for each title, and around the clock coverage. However, like most businesses, we are working with certain budget and staff size limits, so we find different ways to give each title the attention they need through the implementation of initiatives such as the Forum Moderator Program.

We know that this program is still a work in progress, and that there have been some missteps along the way, and I take full responsibility for this since I designed and implemented the system. We are working to correct that and improve the "training" we have for our Moderators, so that there is consistency across the board in both the Mods and Community Managers. One thing to remember is that our Moderators were players first, and most often still are. They still love the games, but also enjoy the community and are passionate about making it a better place to be.

While Relic and I will be making more an effort to be on top of what the Moderators are doing and take action if necessary, if you do happen to find a Moderator that appears to be "abusing" their behavior, or stepping over the line, may I please ask you to screenshot the offending post/thread, and then send myself and/or Relic. We will then handle it in a private manner rather than in a public thread which turns into a flame war and an attack on others.

Hi, up till now I have been using the report button on the bottom corner of the offending posts. Which is why I know action is taking place because the most offensive posts were either edited to remove the offending comments or deleted.

Because this one particular player moderator continues to show animosity towards the customer/players I really could not sit back any longer since privately reporting was not solving the issue. They have certainly toned down the inappropriateness of their comments however as you point out and from what I have observered they continue to escalate situations when a simple less confrontational approach is badly needed.

Your customer base is incredibly fractured at the moment with a number of long time supports leaving or scaling back. And sadly at a time when the current version has improved and fixed a lot of serious issues from 4.5. But all that goodwill is being seriously underminded if you have someone who many mistakenly think is a conduit to gree making inappropriate comments in the public customer forums. In some ways it is logical to have player moderators, however it also means that the customers have a greater expectation of their abilities and knowledge of the product forum they are moderating. In a case where the moderator is not only unhelpful but confrontational to the point of being perceived as a bully then that becomes a very counterproductive situation. Perhaps only let player moderators moderate game forums that they are actually familier with. A good example is Hellrazer who has an excellent understanding of Modern War and able to understand where we are coming from. You can see how counterproductive going the opposite direction is.

Now in terms of screening, personally it is impossible to adequately screen someone before going live with them. For one thing you don't have the time or the tools so the only way is to go live with them and monitor what they do. If anything that is where you have dropped the ball. Though I would have hoped that the reporting feature might have sent enough of a heads up. In any event if perhaps they took a less confrontational stand in the forums then we can move forward, but if not they should have their moderator status removed immediately.

Yes if you like I will pm you if we have more problems though in a way since this is now out in the open perhaps this will no longer be nessessary

East Coast Bias
01-26-2015, 02:25 AM

Fair enough. But while most player mods have all the best intentions, they really don't seem to have the authority to make a meaningful contribution. Offensive posts, spam, etc., to be honest with you, I don't care about the Asian noodle spam if it makes that guy feel better. I am sure he knows 99% of the players have no idea what the post says, so half of me thinks that he could simply be an irritated player who has had a run in with gree due to his player experience and is spaming the forum when he can. I mean you'd think he would post a way to meet some christian single or farm girl, but it's some completely useless crap, which leads me to believe there is a reason for the useless post - ie: there is always some reason for people's behaviors, just like how players react on this board towards gree.