PDA

View Full Version : Removing pre staged npc's during the event stinks GREE

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 01:40 AM
During this FLTQ and ILTQ i have been going to the end of the event and prestaging, our faction encourages one hit per member so rather than waste energy i go to the end and pre stage, during the event. We get to 17/20 today and all the npc's are zero'd...

DIABLOPEZ
01-20-2015, 03:26 AM
Same for me and my entire faction!!!

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 04:18 AM
Hellraizer why have you edited my post ? And deleted the last paragraph ?

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 04:28 AM
Still makes me so mad Dewin, take out the BS as its so dam offence, but to delete and edit so much.. No point in posting anymore as they only want to hear what they want to hear....

If they actually listened to customer feedback the product would make them more revenue.. But what do i know.

Fergus14
01-20-2015, 04:56 AM
So we now have Mods editing peoples posts? This is completely wrong - EVERYONE should be concerned about their right to express themselves freely on here if its still within the ToS.

Quite frankly what Hellraizer has done is stooping to the lowest of the low.

HellRaizer
01-20-2015, 06:42 AM
The last paragraph was a breach of the TOS - http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Policy-Forum-Code-of-Conduct. So rather than deleting a thread which I to personally want an answer to as well, I removed the offending part before someone else took down the thread

Vegaman
01-20-2015, 06:52 AM
The last paragraph was a breach of the TOS - http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96769-Policy-Forum-Code-of-Conduct. So rather than deleting a thread which I to personally want an answer to as well, I removed the offending part before someone else took down the thread

-

HOW TO ALIANATE THE LAST OF YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.... YOU GUYS ARE NOT WORTH IT ANY MORE...

I HAVE FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF THIS XXXXXXXX

Surely this would have been acceptable. Having just read the TOS ! Editing a post so it reads differently is not right and an abuse of our rights as players.

HellRaizer
01-20-2015, 06:58 AM
-

HOW TO ALIANATE THE LAST OF YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.... YOU GUYS ARE NOT WORTH IT ANY MORE...

I HAVE FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF THIS XXXXXXXX

Surely this would have been acceptable. Having just read the TOS ! Editing a post so it reads differently is not right and an abuse of our rights as players.

I did not edit your post so that it read differently. I removed your uppercase rant in the hope that the thread itself wouldn't be removed. Moderators are here to escalate issues through admin and to try to keep things within the TOS. I also personally try to help out on questions about the game and help when a new version has been released because I will have tried it out on the beta testing.

You raised a valid point about the NPCs prestaging disappearing. Which we where told, would not happen during an actual event. I'm sure a lot of people want to know the answer to that. Therefore this thread needed to stay constructive and not abusive.

FYI - I am also a player of MW for 3 years

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 07:17 AM
The answer has been given before. Pre staging targets is not apart of the game design. You pre stage at your own risk. Their is no "right" to these hits.

Having said that, it is once again something I whole heatedly disagree with. However you get to keep the experience you gain and your energy use isn't credited back to you so that's a joy...NOT.

But they have said many many times before pre staging is not a condoned practice by your (no longer mine) puppet masters.

-The targets should not be available for you to burn energy and gain experience on I'd that is the rules they want to play by. If they don't want pre staging to be apart of it they should compeltely engineer it out. It's not hard for any competent gaming corporation. Solves this bloody problem.

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Hellraizer if you edit someone's post pls post what you have edited and refer exactly to any part of the ToS that was breached in your opinion when you do it. Transparency is all we ask for. You are not paid by GReE so u don't need to be shady in your actions.

[[[Don't ever say ToS was breached. Say "xxxxxx" section of ToS was breached and as such I have taken "xxxxxx" action.]]]] stops us from being pissed at u undeservedly

HellRaizer
01-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Hellraizer if you edit someone's post pls post what you have edited and refer exactly to any part of the ToS that was breached in your opinion when you do it. Transparency is all we ask for. You are not paid by GReE so u don't need to be shady in your actions.

[[[Don't ever say ToS was breached. Say "xxxxxx" section of ToS was breached and as such I have taken "xxxxxx" action.]]]]

Good idea. Will do

HellRaizer
01-20-2015, 07:28 AM
The answer has been given before. Pre staging targets is not apart of the game design. You pre stage at your own risk. Their is no "right" to these hits.

Having said that, it is once again something I whole heatedly disagree with. However you get to keep the experience you gain and your energy use isn't credited back to you so that's a joy...NOT.

But they have said many many times before pre staging is not a condoned practice by your (no longer mine) puppet masters.

-The targets should not be available for you to burn energy and gain experience on I'd that is the rules they want to play by. If they don't want pre staging to be apart of it they should compeltely engineer it out. It's not hard for any competent gaming corporation. Solves this bloody problem.

I think the issue in this case is. That people were prestaging the target while the event was already on.. eg.. while the faction was on let says 5/20 of masters.. some people staged 20/20 of masters, and that then, reset. If this is the case then it is worrying, as that shouldn't happen.

Has anyone seen this happen?

nocebl
01-20-2015, 07:30 AM

Please define pre staging. If I have 4000 energy and target requires 4350 energy what should I do? Hit as many times I can with existing energy and wait to regen, right. Is that pre staging?

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I think the issue in this case is. That people were prestaging the target while the event was already on.. eg.. while the faction was on let says 5/20 of masters.. some people staged 20/20 of masters, and that then, reset. If this is the case then it is worrying, as that shouldn't happen

I know what you are saying and I agree, but this issue has happened before and what our GReE gods said was "too bad so sad". They still considered it "pre staging", but you got to keep your xp n ur energy was gone forever (lucky you). If your current 'goal' isn't active then u have no right to hit that target and expect it to be there in preparation for when it lines up.

Do you really expect anything else from GReE???. They are the shadiest organisation in the history of planet Earth haha. You know they are just going to ignore us for a few more weeks and if they bother to respond they will just say exactly what I have just said; "too bad so sad, you have no rights, give us ur money and time...you love us"

^^^ some practice for ur ToS editing haha^^^

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Please define pre staging. If I have 4000 energy and target requires 4350 energy what should I do? Hit as many times I can with existing energy and wait to regen, right. Is that pre staging?

Pre staging is hitting a target to one hit less then completion before the goal is set. So 6/7 hits on an individual target in expectation that u can hit it once more wen the goal becomes "live". But what GReE has the ability to do is wipe those hits(0/7), leave u with the experience and u have to either refil or wait for ur energy to refill. U really get screwed if u go early and they choose to enforce this parameter

HellRaizer
01-20-2015, 07:50 AM
I know what you are saying and I agree, but this issue has happened before and what our GReE gods said was "too bad so sad". They still considered it "pre staging", but you got to keep your xp n ur energy was gone forever (lucky you). If your current 'goal' isn't active then u have no right to hit that target and expect it to be there in preparation for when it lines up.

Do you really expect anything else from GReE???. They are the shadiest organisation in the history of planet Earth haha. You know they are just going to ignore us for a few more weeks and if they bother to respond they will just say exactly what I have just said; "too bad so sad, you have no rights, give us ur money and time...you love us"

^^^ some practice for ur ToS editing haha^^^

lOL .. I'll do my best to try to get a definitive answer from the devs. I hadn't realized that prestaging could drop during an event. I've been burnt a few times before the event has gone live, but during scares me.. Just doesn't seems right.

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 08:00 AM
lOL .. I'll do my best to try to get a definitive answer from the devs. I hadn't realized that prestaging could drop during an event. I've been burnt a few times before the event has gone live, but during scares me.. Just doesn't seems right.

I had it happen to me before, I went off like a frog in a sock on the forum. Tickets to GReE and what they said was pre staging in any form is not a part of the intended game design. So I said how about improving it so we can't do it, as if its not a part of game play then why on earth can we do these clicks and cop the xp n energy loss. They said blah blah blah too hard with data pushes blah blah blah, too bad so sad.

bam bam.
01-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Basically they know ppl r getting scammed n don't care was the gist. It was actually when I became a free player.

PITA4PRES
01-20-2015, 08:34 AM
I think when they refer to prestaging it is before the event actually goes live. That is what they do not support. I do believe it was stated that hits should not be wiped out after an event is live because some people may have to hit and regen to finish off a target. If you are working on a target that is used in the current event, you need to send in a ticket(I know useless and pointless) so they can try to determine if there is a bug or glitch.

TheDanimal
01-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I've witnessed this happening and don't like that it happens. Prestaging, while not supported by Gree, is an important part of strategic game play. Randomly throwing a wrench in it is wrong IMO. Referring to how it's not a supported function of the game is a cop out and not the problem.
People have a reasonable expectation of how the game is played. This includes the ability to prestage NPCs. Removing prestaging efforts is an expectancy violation and I think the community has every right to be upset by it.
The system should be fixed to not interfere with prestaging, or Gree should remove the ability to do so altogether. ...and for the record, I would much have the former happen than the latter

TheDanimal
01-20-2015, 08:59 AM
& cut HellRaizer some slack - "constructive criticism" is the key term here boys & girls. He's listening and adapting to the community's feedback - no need to be an a$$ to him. I hate to bring it back to grade school, but treat people how you would want to be treated yourself.

codys21
01-20-2015, 09:07 AM

Lolololol like any other mod is even here to take down a forum post haha.

But I do appreciate you being here and communicating with us, even though you may not have the same powers as Clem and others.

Rob TRK
01-20-2015, 09:15 AM
There is a difference here. Prestaging has been explained - preparing targets ahead of the event being live. If i am working in targets during the LTQ that's not "pre" anything. Take 20/20 masters. Just under 4.9k energy for one kill. If my energy bar is anything less than that I have to make a hit (Which is staging, but not pre-staging) or hits to my energy level then wait. If GREE wipes my progress that is not an acceptable position.

so unless the devs are checking each faction's state against the LTQ's and forward clearing the NPC's (for example faction has 13/15 and 13/20 in progress, so 14/15 and 14/20 are cleared) there is something amiss. No two factions run the same timing and players are running at differing speeds.

There is a fault here plain and simple.

truthteller
01-20-2015, 09:44 AM
I think the issue in this case is. That people were prestaging the target while the event was already on.. eg.. while the faction was on let says 5/20 of masters.. some people staged 20/20 of masters, and that then, reset. If this is the case then it is worrying, as that shouldn't happen.

Has anyone seen this happen?

it is not that the prestaging is being reset

it also seem that some kills are not counting toward the goal (it may be something to do with the linking of devices)

I was in SYNC with FLTQ/LTQ on 11/15, we had 10 kills done, and I needed to do 3 to get my indi done, I did my 3 kills, got my prize and YET at the FLTQ goal, it only shows 12 kills and in the leader board shows me as only 2 kills added, yet my indi goal is at 12/15 now and got my prize
this happened while using my games via LINK
now to avoid this I am making the kills by reaching the target via the FLTQ goal

MW Flake
01-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Of all the player mods, HellRaizer is by far the one the rest should be looking to as how to balance their position between doing their "job" and not being a suck-up shill.

snozuloz
01-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Even better than losing prestaging is the fact that the targets dont even show on my map. Can't help out faction at all. Ticket sent in 2 days ago.
As usual great job!!
Please fire yourselves and go get a job cleaning up after elephants at the circus. Never mind u would screw that up to.

FAILURES

NexusImperium
01-20-2015, 11:19 AM
I think Gree has already built prestaging in to their overall energy requirement for any given LTQ. It's almost unfair that any given player shouldn't be aware of it.

I mean if you think about it this whole LTQ thing is bass-ackwards and a total tax on the mid-level players.

1) The top spenders have very high energy regen. They likely spend minimal gold (if any at all) on LTQ. Maybe a marginal amount on Masters.
2) New, average, to mid-level players have a barrier of entry to LTQ in that they have to spend a moderate amount on Prestige and almost always a somewhat significant amount on masters. Almost anyone can do Normal but boost-less units offer no return on energy investment.
3) Energy regen bonuses typically only come to the top players so the rest of us, as mentioned, will continually experience a barrier of entry into LTQ. In other words, we'll always have to spend money on LTQ in order to complete them and get worthwhile awards.

So if Gree were to touch prestaging at all then it would only serve as a double-backflip-inducing pimp-slap to the players.

I wish Gree would change LTQ to make it more accessible to all players. They could do this by:

1) making LTQ permanent (i.e. introduce a new map or something)
2) introduce level requirements for LTQ
2.1) possibly even rank requirements
3) re-introduce equipment/unit requirements
4) make energy requirements very high (e.g. 500k-1M energy required for a certain masters award - some players will get there sooner than others by virtue of their gold spending)

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Of all the player mods, HellRaizer is by far the one the rest should be looking to as how to balance their position between doing their "job" and not being a suck-up shill.

You make a valid point.
The guy does try to walk that line.

Frankly, we all know where this headed, so I'm just going to light up another mild, mellow, Maduro while enjoying another Irish Whiskey by night, a hot Keurig caramel latte by day.

Bread and circuses, firneds, bread and circuses...let the show begin, in this corner the lions, in the other the the gladiators.

The lions usually win...