PDA

View Full Version : Battle Math

rabid1
01-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Has the math used during battles been determined (by the community) yet?

Ive heard two methods of figuring this out..

your atk + def vs opponet atk + def = 50% of the battle
assigned 20%, unassigned 30%.

..and

your atk vs thier def + a 20% cushion = 50% of the battle

Why the **** can I win all 3 categories and produce a loss?

Weasel
01-16-2015, 04:56 PM
There are 6 categories. We can only see 3.

You also have to account for their attack vs. your defence. You cannot see their attack or your defence, so you only get half the information required.

In other words, whoever designed the new battle results screen literally did half a job.

Greeny1
01-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Has the math used during battles been determined (by the community) yet?

Ive heard two methods of figuring this out..

your atk + def vs opponet atk + def = 50% of the battle

..and

your atk vs thier def + a 20% cushion = 50% of the battle

Why the **** can I win all 3 categories and produce a loss?

It's Gree maths, every which way you lose! You win all 3 and lose because of magic potion deployed to your opponent who has a no lose spell cast upon them which in turn makes you spend more on gold to regain the lost 'safe' points

Faith_1
01-16-2015, 05:00 PM
My level 31, 3m attack beat a level 194 28m def cause they had no accomplices...

rabid1
01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
couldn't part of that info be found if robbing?

I take it the 6 catagories are:

my atk
his atk
my def
his def
kingpins
assigned to mafia

what about the atk and def skill points?

Greeny1
01-16-2015, 05:03 PM
To be honest, does anyone care anymore? It's killing the game and it's now more of a joke that people don't spend on......

rabid1
01-16-2015, 05:07 PM
I agree, this is a joke. I don't mind the change so much, its the lack of info. You don't make a flight simulator that randomly changes the controls every 5 minutes. Wait ... did they change this to a flight simulator?

Weasel
01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
couldn't part of that info be found if robbing?

I take it the 6 catagories are:

my atk
his atk
my def
his def
kingpins
assigned to mafia

what about the atk and def skill points?

The rob results screen is the same as the battle results screen. Only half the needed information is displayed.

6 categories are the three you see (your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attacks vs. rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence), and the exact opposite of the three you can see (rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attack vs. your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence).

Basically, every time you're attacking someone, they are attacking you back. Whoever won did so because their attack is better than the other's defence. Didn't know hitting attack meant you were simultaneously hitting "come at me, bro" to have your opponent attack you back, did you?

rabid1
01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
well I understand the process better now, thanks. during battle I should actually atk people with approx my def numbers (and hope I've got more kingpins than them, and then hope some more I have them arranged properly).

Zippy69
01-18-2015, 12:58 PM
Talk About GREE BS...

Here's A Cbt to get your heads round; would love to head Developers Point of View on this one...

Lvl 126 cassidy 88.66m/562/291
& I LOST WITH 171.88m/666/155

lost in one field (which was for least points) hammered opponent in all other fields 80/20...

GREE sux

Weasel
01-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Talk About GREE BS...

Here's A Cbt to get your heads round; would love to head Developers Point of View on this one...

lost in one field (which was for least points) hammered opponent in all other fields 80/20...

GREE sux

You cannot see their mafia attack vs. your mafia defense, but it was probably close enough that they beat you just barely.

Same thing goes for accomplices assigned to mafia. You can't see their attack vs. your defense, but those numbers are so close that they probably won there too.

As for kingpin, they obviously have you beat there.

So it's close enough that they probably took 50% from accomplices, at least 1% from their mafia attack vs. your mafia defense, thereby winning every time.

No, none of that is very cool, but it is what it is.

Evan1000
01-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Don't attack anyone with a defense higher than yours and make sure you're winning in at least one of the accomplice categories.

Also, you can adjust your kp whenever you want so if you want to mix up Intel so it's wrong or you want to win a fight, adjust accordingly.

Greeny1
01-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Yep, it's a carp shoot. Had a mini level 38 beat a level 250. Had 3m attack v 48m def, but had some accomplices which other player had none. Stupid game now

sister morphine
01-18-2015, 11:29 PM
The rob results screen is the same as the battle results screen. Only half the needed information is displayed.

6 categories are the three you see (your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attacks vs. rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence), and the exact opposite of the three you can see (rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attack vs. your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence).

Basically, every time you're attacking someone, they are attacking you back. Whoever won did so because their attack is better than the other's defence. Didn't know hitting attack meant you were simultaneously hitting "come at me, bro" to have your opponent attack you back, did you?
Surprised? Would you just stand there and take it if some guy attacked you in real life? ;)

People need to study what was said in the AMA before pronouncing on this. Your opponents attack vs your defence only becomes a factor if your attack is less than overwhelming against their defence. A 2.5:1 advantage in mafia should be enough to win even if you lose in both accomplice parts. If your mafia attack is just under 2:1 make sure you win by at least 2:1 in one or both accomplice categories

well I understand the process better now, thanks. during battle I should actually atk people with approx my def numbers (and hope I've got more kingpins than them, and then hope some more I have them arranged properly).
Absolutely not. Do as suggested above and you should start winning. The only attacks I've lost this war were blind scouting. :)

Weasel
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Surprised? Would you just stand there and take it if some guy attacked you in real life? ;)

This isn't real life, but if it were, none of the rivals you attack get warned you are attacking them which makes each attack you initiate the equivalent of a surprise attack. Unless you were unlucky enough to launch a surprise attack against someone highly trained in hand to hand combat, your victim wouldn't be fighting back with all their might, even if they managed to get in one single punch.

People need to study what was said in the AMA before pronouncing on this. Your opponents attack vs your defence only becomes a factor if your attack is less than overwhelming against their defence. A 2.5:1 advantage in mafia should be enough to win even if you lose in both accomplice parts. If your mafia attack is just under 2:1 make sure you win by at least 2:1 in one or both accomplice categories

Your theory allows for the possibility of a draw, which cannot happen. If you destroy your opponent in mafia attack vs mafia defense, yet they destroy you in both the kingpin and accomplice categories, a tie breaker must come from somewhere. As per the AMA:

In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant.

"Largely irrelevant" is not "completely irrelevant/no longer a factor."

sister morphine
01-19-2015, 02:34 PM
This isn't real life, but if it were, none of the rivals you attack get warned you are attacking them which makes each attack you initiate the equivalent of a surprise attack. Unless you were unlucky enough to launch a surprise attack against someone highly trained in hand to hand combat, your victim wouldn't be fighting back with all their might, even if they managed to get in one single punch.

Your theory allows for the possibility of a draw, which cannot happen. If you destroy your opponent in mafia attack vs mafia defense, yet they destroy you in both the kingpin and accomplice categories, a tie breaker must come from somewhere. As per the AMA:

"Largely irrelevant" is not "completely irrelevant/no longer a factor."
My "theory" (which I've been using successfully since just before the first accomplice war) is perfectly sound. You only need to score 50% to win an attack, which is why it has been possible for mini and low level accounts to beat high level players with much bigger stats, but who haven't paid enough attention (or any) to getting accomplices. A draw is therefore not possible; you either score 50% or higher, or you don't.

The mafia win will do it alone. To win on accomplices if your mafia isn't good enough you need to win convincingly on both.

Tune_kgsh
01-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Talk About GREE BS...

GREE sux

Lol cassidy my leader!!! YAY YAY

TZora
01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
here's the gree equation ..

your monthly salary is $2000 .. your house rent is perhaps $500 a month. your food and other expenses equate to $700. so that's total expense of $1200. you are still left with $800.

http://i61.tinypic.com/30njl2h.jpg

lordsagacity
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
here's the gree equation ..

your monthly salary is $2000 .. your house rent is perhaps $500 a month. your food and other expenses equate to $700. so that's total expense of $1200. you are still left with $800.

http://i61.tinypic.com/30njl2h.jpg

Suppose that you still have 40 years until retirement, your monthly budget on CC is 40*$800=$32000.

Weasel
01-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Suppose that you still have 40 years until retirement, your monthly budget on CC is 40*$800=$32000.

Now if that isn't a perfect example of some Gree math, I don't know what is.

($800*12)*40 = $384,000 would be a lot more accurate.

TZora
01-19-2015, 09:44 PM
maybe accurate but gree doesn't like simple equations, they like to go a little deeper into equations and come up with the answer that no one can imagine. the way your attack and your rival's defense is calculated, it's no less than mental masturbation :p

HavingFun
01-19-2015, 09:46 PM
maybe accurate but gree doesn't like simple equations, they like to go a little deeper into equations and come up with the answer that no one can imagine. the way your attack and your rival's defense is calculated, it's no less than mental masturbation :p

Hahahaha!!

TZora
01-19-2015, 09:56 PM
http://www.paranormalparagons.com/uploads/8/5/7/7/8577486/5289605_orig.jpg

it's like, gree staff everyday meditates before starting their shift ..

money .. money .. money .. money .. money *goes in a loop*

and the fun aspect is just flushed down there ...

http://www.jillstanek.com/flushing%20toilet.jpg

TheWarthog
01-20-2015, 07:31 AM
If it is true that 20% comes from assigned and 30% comes from unassigned accomplices, can someone tell me why I lost to someone with lower defense than I, but when I assigned higher stats accomplices and unassigned lower (thereby giving me lower unassigned stats and higher assigned) I could beat the same player?

It would seem from the reported math that keeping your higher stats accomplices unassigned and assigning lower stats would be the preferred strategy. But in practice it is working the other way.

TZora
01-20-2015, 10:30 AM
If it is true that 20% comes from assigned and 30% comes from unassigned accomplices, can someone tell me why I lost to someone with lower defense than I, but when I assigned higher stats accomplices and unassigned lower (thereby giving me lower unassigned stats and higher assigned) I could beat the same player?

It would seem from the reported math that keeping your higher stats accomplices unassigned and assigning lower stats would be the preferred strategy. But in practice it is working the other way.
that gave me some more mental orgasm.. must unread :rolleyes:

sister morphine
01-20-2015, 10:57 AM

It depends entirely on how your rival has got their accomplices. I've seen a lot of people with low numbers in kingpin; like you say it just makes it easier to beat them if you've got a bit more there.

is1j
01-21-2015, 01:24 PM
I wish you were right, but this is not the case. I lost to an opponent with 73 mil defense against my 207 mil attack and roughly similar accomplices and kingpin numbers. How can you explain this? I forwarded the screenshot of this outcome to Gree and got the canned response of how the math is supposed to work but no real explanation for the outcome. In my opinion, this is a complete mess created by incompetent programmers.

Weasel
01-21-2015, 01:27 PM
I wish you were right, but this is not the case. I lost to an opponent with 73 mil defense against my 207 mil attack and roughly similar accomplices and kingpin numbers. How can you explain this? I forwarded the screenshot of this outcome to Gree and got the canned response of how the math is supposed to work but no real explanation for the outcome. In my opinion, this is a complete mess created by incompetent programmers.

If the rival's 73m defense was stronger than your own defence, chances are their attack was stronger than yours too and they actually won the mafia stats category.

Bang on the money with your comment about a mess created by...

sister morphine
01-21-2015, 02:43 PM
If the rival's 73m defense was stronger than your own defence, chances are their attack was stronger than yours too and they actually won the mafia stats category.

Bang on the money with your comment about a mess created by...
Agreed. 207m vs 134m is only a x1.3 advantage. Not enough if the accomplices are also close.

Dctrbar
01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
The formulas above are only partially correct. You also have to know that they only apply on Mondays. On Tuesdays, you double everything. Wednesday's, you have to divide your total by 1.723 and take the square root of the opponents total attack (which of course as Weasel said you don't know). Thursday's things really get interesting and involves all your male accomplices going against only the female accomplices of your opponent...for the first 12 hours, then everything switches. Things then start to get complicated on Friday but involves a lot of diagrams so can't really explain it well.

Weasel
01-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Agreed. 207m vs 134m is only a x1.3 advantage. Not enough if the accomplices are also close.

You need to work on your math skills or buy a calculator. This statement says you've been doing nothing but getting very lucky so far.

is1j
01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
The formulas above are only partially correct. You also have to know that they only apply on Mondays. On Tuesdays, you double everything. Wednesday's, you have to divide your total by 1.723 and take the square root of the opponents total attack (which of course as Weasel said you don't know). Thursday's things really get interesting and involves all your male accomplices going against only the female accomplices of your opponent...for the first 12 hours, then everything switches. Things then start to get complicated on Friday but involves a lot of diagrams so can't really explain it well.
Now this is finally a rational explanation. Thanks Dctrbar, now I understand it all and it makes perfect sense!

MISTERFTW
01-24-2015, 02:42 AM
A more in-depth explanation for how your stats affect your battle results is available below:

The battle calculation is based on roughly 50% mafia power, 30% equipment power, and 20% kingpin power. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. They do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment, the algorithm looks at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then each weighted segment is added according to the above to determine the final outcome.

Regarding the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense: There is not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if Player 1 attacks Player 2 and Player 1's attack is significantly larger than Player 2's defense, then Player 2's attack and Player 1's defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if Player 1's attack is exactly evenly matched with Player 2's defense, then Player 2's attack versus Player 1's defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Currently, the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. They are considering how they can display this information to players better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats they chose to display.

jackoh
01-24-2015, 04:05 AM
My level 31, 3m attack beat a level 194 28m def cause they had no accomplices...

# 7 testing - thanks for letting me use ur thread. L0L!

Weasel
01-24-2015, 07:00 AM
A more in-depth explanation for how your stats affect your battle results is available below:

The battle calculation is based on roughly 50% mafia power, 30% equipment power, and 20% kingpin power. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. They do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment, the algorithm looks at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then each weighted segment is added according to the above to determine the final outcome.

Regarding the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense: There is not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if Player 1 attacks Player 2 and Player 1's attack is significantly larger than Player 2's defense, then Player 2's attack and Player 1's defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if Player 1's attack is exactly evenly matched with Player 2's defense, then Player 2's attack versus Player 1's defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Currently, the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. They are considering how they can display this information to players better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats they chose to display.

That's plagiarism.

cooch
01-24-2015, 09:20 AM

This does not apply anymore. Don't believe me pvp and rob your RL.