PDA

View Full Version : Gold free

mugsyny
01-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Let's all go gold free and see if gree will fix all problems. This would hurt gree. We would need all on same page. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money on game for the last 3yrs, and have nothing to show for. I'm starting today gold free, gree can stick the 40% gold disscount where the sun doesn't shine. Gree fix game or loose money.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Let's all go gold free and see if gree will fix all problems. This would hurt gree. We would need all on same page. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money on game for the last 3yrs, and have nothing to show for. I'm starting today gold free, gree can stick the 40% gold disscount where the sun doesn't shine. Gree fix game or loose money.

Allah be praised, and may He pour blessings upon you.

nocebl
01-16-2015, 12:52 PM
I am gold free for almost 11 months. That Benz I bought with gold money is much better investment.

NexusImperium
01-16-2015, 01:07 PM
I am gold free for almost 11 months. That Benz I bought with gold money is much better investment.

Holla!

Way to go. We should post more success stories like this. For example, my gold money is currently going toward my $575K house. But I kinda doubt that there is much praise around here for financial responsibility.

AoV Republic
01-16-2015, 02:31 PM
If we can get the entire MW community to go Gold free for a while than we might hit Gree where it hurts them.

Cannot Connect To Server
01-16-2015, 04:20 PM
the cc teams managed to do it and was proud to be gold free and get 0 points in wd.

but mw players are different it seems.

some think its real and more important to beat an ltq than to eat or support your own families.

some believe they will miss out on vital boosts and bonuses and so on.

its all crap. its all virtual.its just a game.

if someone top 100 is missing out from not beating 15/15 or 20/20 then think of the 10,000+ teams that cant even beat N.

playing without gold is playing for real.no cheats no shortcuts. no walking thru walls.

playing for free and playing for real on any game is the challenge and skill of what you the player can achieve.

do u hv the guts to play for real or do u still need training wheels on ur bike too?

challenge yourselves to a real game and fight for free fight for real.

save your cash to get yourselves and families something real.

even for one month. try play for real its a lot more challenging than cutting corners and using what is actually a cheat for those with deep pockets.

lemonhaze
01-16-2015, 07:13 PM
to many addicts it will never happen..i would love to see a gold free cycle for everone then gree would get to listening to players,but how it is now gree knows they can just slap all the MW big spenders around and laugh at them all the way to the gree ban, and they will still spend money..

Speed ump
01-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Seems some of you think people are spending on this game instead of housing and transportation. if you've been spending your housing and transpo money, I'd say yes, you have a real problem. Seems some people never get it. There really are people playing with their mad money. They spend it on gold clubs, in my case more motorcycles for racing, etc etc. my race motorcycles are in no way an investment, once converted, they don't have the value that I've put into them. Also I see one guy considers his car to be an investment. I prefer my investments to appericate over time, not depreciate. A car is not an investment, it's a need, and in some cases a luxury. So please don't confuse those things. Even a home is not a great investemt end. Some people say they made money when they sold their home. Really? Did you factor in the intrest you paid, the property taxes you paid, and the repairs, or upgrades you made? A house is a necessity, and something we all have as an expense. Memories are the only things you really ever get to keep. Keep doing what you enjoy, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. For most that do, it's jealousy, regret for their own actions, and trying to project that onto others. If it makes you happy, and you can afford it, not my biz to say otherwise.

crazeejay
01-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Seems some of you think people are spending on this game instead of housing and transportation. if you've been spending your housing and transpo money, I'd say yes, you have a real problem. Seems some people never get it. There really are people playing with their mad money. They spend it on gold clubs, in my case more motorcycles for racing, etc etc. my race motorcycles are in no way an investment, once converted, they don't have the value that I've put into them. Also I see one guy considers his car to be an investment. I prefer my investments to appericate over time, not depreciate. A car is not an investment, it's a need, and in some cases a luxury. So please don't confuse those things. Even a home is not a great investemt end. Some people say they made money when they sold their home. Really? Did you factor in the intrest you paid, the property taxes you paid, and the repairs, or upgrades you made? A house is a necessity, and something we all have as an expense. Memories are the only things you really ever get to keep. Keep doing what you enjoy, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. For most that do, it's jealousy, regret for their own actions, and trying to project that onto others. If it makes you happy, and you can afford it, not my biz to say otherwise.

LOL ya keep telling the sheep it's ok. It's what Gree wants you to do. It's your job ;)

Speed ump
01-16-2015, 08:17 PM
If you want an investemt , look into some good mutual funds, or a good mix of stocks. I don't think anyone has ever played this or any game thinking they were making an investemt, and expecting to recieve some monetary benefit from it. I sure never expected to make any money from, playing golf, racing, or going on a vacation. I have a nice boat, but talk about a money pit. Maintenance, storage and docking, insurance, licensing , fuel, etc etc. sure I might be able to sell it for something when the day comes, but I certainly won't be making money on it. They are all diff forms of entertainment to me. If you have decided that you'd perfer to spend your mad money elsewhere, that's your choice too. I've enjoyed my experiences while playing the game.

Speed ump
01-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Sorry craz, that's not my job, no one is paying me to do or say anything. I have never tried to convince anyone to spend if they did not wish to do so, and in fact have recommended that some do not spend over time. I'm nothing more than another player. i also don't have to try to convince anyone to see the hi priced I as versions of movies at the theaters. Yet they always seem to be full at my nearby theater. Maybe the guy in the reg version is thinking like you do, and feels those who spend the extra on imax are stupid. Well, so be it. It's my money, and I like 3d and I max. I'm certainly not going to try to convince you or anyone else that they should too.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-16-2015, 09:08 PM
LOL ya keep telling the sheep it's ok. It's what Gree wants you to do. It's your job ;)

Oh my, oh me, oh my... LMFAO

shaunyp
01-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Oh my, oh me, oh my... LMFAO

Listen........ Its not rocket science you spend your own money on what you want but hey.... Remember this MW is a game on your phone or tablet that is all you have no chance of gaining anything monetary wise or becoming a PM or President so for me its obvious.... Spend or don't spend but don't moan its a game!!!!!! That is it, when the game dies, as all of them eventually do you are not going to be a legend or a god etc, simple.

mugsyny
01-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the feed back. All appreciated. The ideal is for gree to fix all problems with game. Even if you bought 1500 gold for $5.00 gree will raise the bar on all events, etc. The only way to get all problems fixed is to not buy any gold.

Agent Orange
01-17-2015, 01:52 PM
I certainly appreciate that folks spend mad money and therefore it's no big deal. I also suspect there are some who become addicted or are not of sound mind who spend way beyond their means.

But you have to admit there is considerable peer pressure in some factions to spend to a certain level. Sort of like a buy in in gambling.... So I don't fully buy the spend it if you can philosophy because it ain't nessessarily so.

The other problem is the entrenching of shill players within some factions so there could be some truth to the sheeple analogy as well.

But the other side is why is it so important to "always win"? Sort of like having the bigger this or that I dunno guess that's really important to some but kind of a hollow victory IMHO if no real skill is actually involved in obtaining the goal.

Gringo
01-17-2015, 01:58 PM
I dropped down to top 50 some time ago, but still found myself buying the odd vault.
I sold all my buildings last week, its the only way for me to go gold free.
With so many Gree screw ups, and changes of mods ec ect, it makes you wonder if Gree are doing it intentionally.
I thought i may regret it, but im glad i did. The game is so repetitive tap tap. Gree have to be one of the most inept company's to run a gaming app. You will never get everyone to go gold free, look at the Supwits scoring way above what they need to!
There cash and there choice, good luck to them. But I'm glad i finally put this god forsaken game to bed.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Listen........ Its not rocket science you spend your own money on what you want but hey.... Remember this MW is a game on your phone or tablet that is all you have no chance of gaining anything monetary wise or becoming a PM or President so for me its obvious.... Spend or don't spend but don't moan its a game!!!!!! That is it, when the game dies, as all of them eventually do you are not going to be a legend or a god etc, simple.

Legend, PM, President, I have no interest in any of those things.
I'm just a lazy, trifling, DEW NUTIIN bum.
Excuse me, gotta get back under this bridge.
I get better wifi reception under there.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-17-2015, 05:52 PM
I dropped down to top 50 some time ago, but still found myself buying the odd vault.
I sold all my buildings last week, its the only way for me to go gold free.
With so many Gree screw ups, and changes of mods ec ect, it makes you wonder if Gree are doing it intentionally.
I thought i may regret it, but im glad i did. The game is so repetitive tap tap. Gree have to be one of the most inept company's to run a gaming app. You will never get everyone to go gold free, look at the Supwits scoring way above what they need to!
There cash and there choice, good luck to them. But I'm glad i finally put this god forsaken game to bed.

Good for you, mate.
I did, too, and been great.

Speed ump
01-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Orange Most factions require certain levels of either time and or money commitments, in terms of min wd or dl points required. We have people who will play with us for one event, or many, based on that. The people with addiction problems will probably find a venue for their addiction even if MW was gone. There's lots of other games and ways for them to spend out there. Thinking of the title of this thread, os it told free of your gold is free?lol

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-18-2015, 02:11 PM
I certainly appreciate that folks spend mad money and therefore it's no big deal. I also suspect there are some who become addicted or are not of sound mind who spend way beyond their means.

But you have to admit there is considerable peer pressure in some factions to spend to a certain level. Sort of like a buy in in gambling.... So I don't fully buy the spend it if you can philosophy because it ain't nessessarily so.

The other problem is the entrenching of shill players within some factions so there could be some truth to the sheeple analogy as well.

But the other side is why is it so important to "always win"? Sort of like having the bigger this or that I dunno guess that's really important to some but kind of a hollow victory IMHO if no real skill is actually involved in obtaining the goal.

Always happy to see you "spittin' wisdom, my friend, one or two will get it; then three, four, more, just hang in there doing it your way.

You KNOW the deal, and many have tried to reveal the treacherous ones that are engaged to KEEP 'EM Tapping, nothing more people can do, except wait, watch and wonder when the masses will come to their senses. Some have seen teh light, and all you can do is commend them when they "discover what's really up".

Cuombajj
01-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Never spend a dime on MW. My gold money went here http://i.imgur.com/uuHBCwz.jpg

MW Flake
01-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Never spend a dime on MW. My gold money went here http://i.imgur.com/uuHBCwz.jpg

You take that pic?

WBS
01-19-2015, 06:34 AM

Agreed Agent Orange. I would never want to be in a top 50 faction or any faction that requires gold. The top teams aren't better than anyone else because they play the game better they simply spend more money. I saw a requirement on a faction recruit message of 400k WD minimum, that can't be done gold free. It is peoples choice to spend, I get that, I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.

Agent Orange
01-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Agreed Agent Orange. I would never want to be in a top 50 faction or any faction that requires gold. The top teams aren't better than anyone else because they play the game better they simply spend more money. I saw a requirement on a faction recruit message of 400k WD minimum, that can't be done gold free. It is peoples choice to spend, I get that, I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.

I think you hit it on the head, it's the need to be number one. Personally it's not something that I aspire to be, er well at least not in some fantasy game spinning on a hard drive in a cold server room somewhere. That to me is what drives some, the ego, the need to feel superior. I saw this first hand in one faction where two members tried to take control over the faction by stabbing other members in the back. This is supposed to be a fun game? No some people take this stuff way too seriously and my gut feeling is that that was not an isolated situation.

Agent Orange
01-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Always happy to see you "spittin' wisdom, my friend, one or two will get it; then three, four, more, just hang in there doing it your way.

You KNOW the deal, and many have tried to reveal the treacherous ones that are engaged to KEEP 'EM Tapping, nothing more people can do, except wait, watch and wonder when the masses will come to their senses. Some have seen teh light, and all you can do is commend them when they "discover what's really up".

Thank you my friend. Remember when CCM finally admitted that Funzio employees were playing and in factions…..

truthteller
01-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I think you hit it on the head, it's the need to be number one. Personally it's not something that I aspire to be, er well at least not in some fantasy game spinning on a hard drive in a cold server room somewhere. That to me is what drives some, the ego, the need to feel superior. I saw this first hand in one faction where two members tried to take control over the faction by stabbing other members in the back. This is supposed to be a fun game? No some people take this stuff way too seriously and my gut feeling is that that was not an isolated situation.

I think I know what faction you are REGfering to........ :rolleyes:

MW Flake
01-19-2015, 02:45 PM
So many things here I've forgotten all about. Nice to have a reminder once in a while. Let's you see just how many "problems" come along to distract us from such things.

NexusImperium
01-19-2015, 02:47 PM
[...] I don't understand how people can continue spending on such broken product. A lot of I believe is the need or desire to be number one and being in the top of this silly game somehow feeds that hunger. Or they simply have enough extra cash to be able to spend it on this game as entertainment.

Actually, I have a member of my family who is a licensed clinical social worker and she's told me on a number of occasions that she has clients come in for microtransaction spending addictions. It's actually a very common problem, and it's breaking up families and ruining people financially. People will come in with $10's of thousands in credit-card debt because of these games.

There are very few people who can spend thousands on any sort of game (monthly) without getting into financial trouble. If anyone reading is running up the credit card on these types of games, know that you're not alone and that you need to get help. You need to get in to see a counselor ASAP before you lose years of your life paying these things off.

Agent Orange
01-19-2015, 04:00 PM
I think I know what faction you are REGfering to........ :rolleyes:

Indeed you do...

Agent Orange
01-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Actually, I have a member of my family who is a licensed clinical social worker and she's told me on a number of occasions that she has clients come in for microtransaction spending addictions. It's actually a very common problem, and it's breaking up families and ruining people financially. People will come in with $10's of thousands in credit-card debt because of these games.

There are very few people who can spend thousands on any sort of game (monthly) without getting into financial trouble. If anyone reading is running up the credit card on these types of games, know that you're not alone and that you need to get help. You need to get in to see a counselor ASAP before you lose years of your life paying these things off.

Thank you for posting that, it needed to be said.

RAMNUTS
01-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Can I borrow a dollar?

Oh oh Gree
01-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Anyone with a strong addiction to this game and wants to be in a top ten faction please PM me. Always looking for new players to join our gold faction.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Thank you my friend. Remember when CCM finally admitted that Funzio employees were playing and in factions…..

Yes, and HE was taken out by one of HIS own, too.
That ONE got taken out later after ITS paw was caught dipping into someone's cookie jar.
Oh, my friend, the stories that one day will be told.
I've written a book of my adventures in this filthy endeavor.
I'm trying to turn that into a movie.
Problem for me, is that when I see the end, this thing revives itself, or gets a reprieve.
Yeah, that's why I linger, to complete my book/movies.
I know four others that have also written books, memoirs, or journaled their comings and goings. LOL

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-19-2015, 07:53 PM

Another pearl of truth.
Those who can afford to spend $250,000 a year (or more) on this kind of "stuff", don't.
They spend millions on things far more entertaining and fulfilling, or so I'm told.

hotguy6pack
01-19-2015, 08:17 PM

hard to disagree there. like the saying goes everyone knows how to read but how many knows what to read? because there is just an insurmountable amount of items vying for our attention.

Speed ump
01-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Dew, I'm sure we'd all love to hear your ideas of conspiracies and shenanigans. They have certainly kept us entertained in the past. The facts of course are basic and easy. Gree developed, or at the least imitated a way to get people to spend based on the competitive nature of people. It's worked here, and it's worked in many other similar games. You might consider investigating all the other ones too, I'm sure there's many conspiracies to be found in each. I can't imagine it's just in this one game out of the hundreds, or thousands avaible.

NexusImperium
01-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Another pearl of truth.
Those who can afford to spend $250,000 a year (or more) on this kind of "stuff", don't.
They spend millions on things far more entertaining and fulfilling, or so I'm told.

It's true. Wealthy people exhibit certain patterns of success. Sinking money into things that have absolutely no return on investment is not a pattern of success. It's also true that wealth is built, and there are, ahem, certain ways to not build wealth.