PDA

View Full Version : Trades

Weasel
01-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Note: This is not a trade request. Please do not make trade requests in this thread. Any and all currencies referenced in this thread should be virtual only. Please do not suggest, offer, request, or otherwise mention the involvement of any real world currencies.

I am curious about the current going rate for bricks. If I had a lot of excess bricks, what would be a reasonable trade to ask for? Conversely, what should I expect to trade for bricks if I didn't have any and wanted to get some?

Dipstik
01-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Bricks are dirt cheap. I hear HTC blue has 250000 of them.

Evan1000
01-15-2015, 01:43 PM
They usually sell for around 2-8m per brick (8m is insane I know but I said people sell them for around that, I don't think anyone's actually bought for that high).

Weasel
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Bricks are dirt cheap. I hear HTC blue has 250000 of them.

So what you're saying is.... You don't know?

:confused::o

quityourwhining
01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
i've seen bricks being bought for as high as 11m. the last batch i sold were for 7m a piece.

Weasel
01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
They usually sell for around 2-8m per brick (8m is insane I know but I said people sell them for around that, I don't think anyone's actually bought for that high).

Thanks for the reply. I don't recall seeing this discussion anywhere before. Maybe a somewhat reasonable "set exchange rate" could come of it?

$8m does sound very pricy, but I guess it would make sense if there were greater demand than supply. The need/availability of bricks isn't really something I am familiar with since I have not made any in game trades yet.

Evan1000
01-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. I don't recall seeing this discussion anywhere before. Maybe a somewhat reasonable "set exchange rate" could come of it?

$8m does sound very pricy, but I guess it would make sense if there were greater demand than supply. The need/availability of bricks isn't really something I am familiar with since I have not made any in game trades yet.

That would be a cool idea, and come very much in handy.

On a less serious note, I wonder what the exchange rate for Uzi's would be ��

John_Locke
01-15-2015, 02:10 PM
I set up trades for my old syndicate buying bricks at 2.5M a piece, but we bought in bulk; at least a billion per transaction.

Weasel
01-15-2015, 02:15 PM
I set up trades for my old syndicate buying bricks at 2.5M a piece, but we bought in bulk; at least a billion per transaction.

A billion bricks, or a billion worth of bricks? ;)

John_Locke
01-15-2015, 02:22 PM
A billion bricks, or a billion worth of bricks? ;)

A Billion worth of bricks. A billion bricks at 2.5M per would be $250,0000,000,000,000 per transaction.

Weasel
01-15-2015, 02:34 PM
A Billion worth of bricks. A billion bricks at 2.5M per would be $250,0000,000,000,000 per transaction.

I can do the math. But your statement did not specify a billion "of what" per transaction. Figured I would get some clarification before someone came along and derailed the thread with accusations of cash hacks.

$2.5m a piece is pretty reasonable, IMO. Is it common to find people trading at this rate or do you "have a guy for that"?

!Radar
01-15-2015, 02:50 PM
If they're going for 2-8 (two - eight, in case you know who is out there) million a piece and people pay up to 11 million I wouldn't let them go for 2.5 million. 5 million seems reasonable to me.

cooch
01-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Market price is dictated by supply and demand. Right now demand is high and supply low. RL issues play a big part of this issue.

Get into a BM room in various chat apps and sell or buy away.

If the dumas' at gree don't fix the RL to take into account their new "get used to change" accomplices and kingpins many syns will go with out walls soon.

JSTUNNA
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Let us buy bricks with respect just like uzis...problem solved!

Weasel
01-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Let us buy bricks with respect just like uzis...problem solved!

I was unaware there was a problem to start with. Why shouldn't those with abundances of cash or bricks be able to make trade deals?

Jcw9811
01-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Bricks r expensive now usually go for 5-10 mil due to the level cap being raised. Which got rid of a lot of brick farming accounts. Since they now have to deal with watching xp gain.

Thatkidyouknow
01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
I'd average at about 5m-6m a piece

Evan1000
01-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Frankly, I wouldn't pay over 3 or 5m for a brick, I feel like if a guy is selling bricks for 11m a piece, he's being a dlck, and whoever is buying for that price is an idiot. But I don't know nor really care for "supply and demand" or "inflation", I find economics in general stupid, so if you have to pay at a high price do so, but I'd suggest finding a decent seller first.

JSTUNNA
01-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Frankly, I wouldn't pay over 3 or 5m for a brick, I feel like if a guy is selling bricks for 11m a piece, he's being a dlck, and whoever is buying for that price is an idiot. But I don't know nor really care for "supply and demand" or "inflation", I find economics in general stupid, so if you have to pay at a high price do so, but I'd suggest finding a decent seller first.

You droppin some wisdom right there young brotha!

Asymmetric
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM

Nice, you're willing to judge that two people making a private transaction are ****s and idiots in the same paragraph that you admit you no nothing about supply and demand or economics in general. Then you tell him to go ahead and do it. That is some sound advice right there.

Kitty McPurr
01-16-2015, 02:45 PM
I think the reason why you are hearing such a large range of sales prices for bricks is because there are 2 supply and demand equations going on here. The first is obvious, the supply of bricks and demand for them. The second is the supply of cash and demand for cash. It is further complicated by the fact that many syndicates have their bonuses maxed out while others are still donating for the next bonus. This exemplifies itself in the supply and demand for cash, since the cash can only come in the form of a syndicate donation.
If I was in a lower ranking syndicate and needed the next influence bonus, I would entertain selling bricks and if my IPH was weak say below 5mil per hour then 3mil per brick would be pretty appetizing. However if my syndicate was all done with bonuses and had plenty of cash ready for the next cycle of bonuses while my IPH was also higher, say 50mil per hour then 10mil per brick wouldn't even be a really attractive of an offer for my bricks since I could rake in a billion per day without sweating.
TL:DR
Summary, cash has a different value for different players in the game. Bricks also do, making the price differ at many levels in the game.

Vile Lynn
01-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Note: This is not a trade request. Please do not make trade requests in this thread. Any and all currencies referenced in this thread should be virtual only. Please do not suggest, offer, request, or otherwise mention the involvement of any real world currencies.

I am curious about the current going rate for bricks. If I had a lot of excess bricks, what would be a reasonable trade to ask for? Conversely, what should I expect to trade for bricks if I didn't have any and wanted to get some?

Check put the Trade Request Subforum to do your own research. There are many buy/sell brick threads on the first page.

Weasel
01-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Check put the Trade Request Subforum to do your own research. There are many buy/sell brick threads on the first page.

Ok, so where do you suggest discussion of said rates should take place?

C u next tuesday.

Vile Lynn
01-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Ok, so where do you suggest discussion of said rates should take place?

C u next tuesday.

The going rate for bricks is not really a discussion in my opinion unless it is between buyer and seller.

One can easily browse the Trade Request threads to find a reasonable answer.

Weasel
01-16-2015, 04:20 PM
The going rate for bricks is not really a discussion in my opinion unless it is between buyer and seller.

If you're going to troll at least be good at it. You obviously need some practice, but take it somewhere else for that.

DragCro
01-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Hello Ville,glad to see you back.
Hope you are doing fine and i wish to you and your family all the best in this year

Vile Lynn
01-16-2015, 04:28 PM
If you're going to troll at least be good at it. You obviously need some practice, but take it somewhere else for that.

I wasn't trolling: never have, never will. My post was serious and honest.

(You have some issues if you think I was trying to troll you with that post.)

Evan1000
01-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Nice, you're willing to judge that two people making a private transaction are ****s and idiots in the same paragraph that you admit you no nothing about supply and demand or economics in general. Then you tell him to go ahead and do it. That is some sound advice right there.

First off, you can't bash on someone for not knowing something if you spell "know" like "no".

Secondly, take the advice how you'd like. You can go ahead and spend what you like on bricks and call me the dlck versus the guy overcharging for a bunch of pixels, havr fun with that.

rabid1
01-16-2015, 05:20 PM
I know we take bricks, cash, uzis, favors, whatever for seats. sometimes its a combo of all for a rb seat. some in our syndicate finish our rb, then sell hits for the rest of the event.

HavingFun
01-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Hello Ville,glad to see you back.
Hope you are doing fine and i wish to you and your family all the best in this year

Classic...

Weasel
01-16-2015, 08:15 PM
I know we take bricks, cash, uzis, favors, whatever for seats. sometimes its a combo of all for a rb seat. some in our syndicate finish our rb, then sell hits for the rest of the event.

There are syndicates that trade bricks (or uzis/cash) for raid boss damage? That's interesting. Do people ask for an actual amount of damage per brick, or do they offer bricks on a per hit basis?

Weasel
01-16-2015, 08:18 PM
I wasn't trolling: never have, never will. My post was serious and honest.

Not to mention stupid. There is a discussion here whether you think so or not and regardless of whether you like it or not. So take your trolling to a different thread.

HavingFun
01-16-2015, 08:27 PM
I have 4,500 bricks and don't feel like donating them to my syndacite. Is there anyone here dumb enough to pay me in iTunes credit for them? How much is fair?

rabid1
01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
There are syndicates that trade bricks (or uzis/cash) for raid boss damage? That's interesting. Do people ask for an actual amount of damage per brick, or do they offer bricks on a per hit basis?

usually when someone asks for damage (paid for in bricks), they'll pay X bricks for a heavy hitter to sit with them for X ammount of 100s, its never really a specific arrangement. Sometimes when they want a specific number of bosses killed they're paid in gold, but I don't know those numbers.

Weasel
01-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Last two posts are beginning to suggest real world currency. Please don't discuss any trades or arrangements involving real currency, as that is a violation of the game's ToS.

Still interesting though. I never even considered using raid boss damage as a type of in game currency.

Asymmetric
01-17-2015, 09:35 AM
First off, you can't bash on someone for not knowing something if you spell "know" like "no".

Secondly, take the advice how you'd like. You can go ahead and spend what you like on bricks and call me the dlck versus the guy overcharging for a bunch of pixels, havr fun with that.

First off, thank you for correcting my spelling error, which totally negated my observation. [/SARCASM]

Secondly, I was not bashing on you. You offered no advice that made any sense. If you admittedly KNOW nothing about the subject at hand, why do you feel compelled to offer your UNINFORMED advice. Now please, instead of a real answer, make this about me calling you out about your UNINFORMED advice. Oh and also correct any of my spelling or grammatical errors so that you can falsely feel superior to me. Better yet don't bother because we both know that you don't have an answer to my question.

Evan1000
01-17-2015, 10:36 AM
First off, thank you for correcting my spelling error, which totally negated my observation. [/SARCASM]

Secondly, I was not bashing on you. You offered no advice that made any sense. If you admittedly KNOW nothing about the subject at hand, why do you feel compelled to offer your UNINFORMED advice. Now please, instead of a real answer, make this about me calling you out about your UNINFORMED advice. Oh and also correct any of my spelling or grammatical errors so that you can falsely feel superior to me. Better yet don't bother because we both know that you don't have an answer to my question.

You're very welcome, and yes, yes it did.

It is indeed bashing. I offered advice, you can take it how you like. I never said I knew nothing about the brick trade, I said I knew nothing about supply and demand or inflation in general.. and I don't need to.

Also, I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot, are you one of the people to sell overpriced bricks? Or are you just a guy that wasted his money buying bricks at such a high price that you have to bash on someone's advice to do otherwise?

Weasel
01-17-2015, 10:48 AM
You're very welcome, and yes, yes it did.

It is indeed bashing. I offered advice, you can take it how you like. I never said I knew nothing about the brick trade, I said I knew nothing about supply and demand or inflation in general.. and I don't need to.

Also, I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot, are you one of the people to sell overpriced bricks? Or are you just a guy that wasted his money buying bricks at such a high price that you have to bash on someone's advice to do otherwise?

If any advice is preceeded by a clear statement that the person giving the advice does not know what they're talking about, the advice is irrelevant.

Because of supply and demand there is no such thing as over priced bricks. If demand is high and supply is low, the person willing and able to pay more will win the auction. It has nothing to do with the seller asking too much and everything to do with competing with other potential buyers.

If demand is low and supply is high, the opposite happens. Bricks sellers will undercut each other in order to win the cash made available by however many buyers they can find. Either that or they will drop the offers entirely until the supply dries up, leaving them with bricks to sell at increased prices when demand increases.

In neither of those situations is anyone a jerk or an idiot for agreeing to a deal.

Remember that advice you had, from several people, to lurk more? Add my name to the list of people giving you that advice.

!Radar
01-17-2015, 10:49 AM
They should add a "dipshidiots arguing about stupid stuff" sub forum.