PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade cost reduction

Jeronimo
01-10-2015, 12:13 PM
How are these items called and when/how were we able to get this/these mod(s)?

Weasel
01-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Striker Minigun (-30% upgrade cost) — collect 10 box event
Evidence Blaster (-30% upgrade cost) — collect 10 box event
Executive Coupe (-30% upgrade cost) — collect 10 box event, (accidentally?) awarded through one of the early/easy levels of an LTQ
Midtown Don (-20% upgrade cost) — no item is associated with this mod. Could only be obtained from the Midtown Battle for Empire City, syndicate rank 2nd or better.

I am not aware of any other upgrade cost modifiers.

Nighteg
01-10-2015, 12:43 PM
One of the -30% was in the very first PVP showdown, where they accidentally reversed the rewards.

Weasel
01-10-2015, 12:45 PM
One of the -30% was in the very first PVP showdown, where they accidentally reversed the rewards.

You may be thinking of the second release of the Executive Coupe, which occurred when LTQ prizes were accidentally reversed.

The first PvP showdown (and all that followed) had no visible issues on the player/user end.

Evan1000
01-10-2015, 01:41 PM
The two recent ones-

A few battles ago there was a -5% upgrade cost reduction for reaching 1200 wins.

-5% upgrade cost reduction- Broadway Eagle Eye- For getting 2m deploy points in a single battle in a Street Assault event.

And wow, I know there's that one player in TAW that accumulated all if not most of all these mods and pays next to nothing for building upgrades.

Jeronimo
01-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Holy crap, that's more than I had expected. I should pay more attention to these events when those mods are available lol..

Weasel
01-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Holy crap, that's more than I had expected. I should pay more attention to these events when those mods are available lol..

The ones I posted are from 2012 and 2013.

I forgot about the one from Street Assault, and I guess I never got the splash screen for the one earned by finishing the 1200 wins goal.

Green Drake
01-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Pretty sure you mean evidence burner not blaster. Otherwise there is another mod.

Weasel
01-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure you mean evidence burner not blaster. Otherwise there is another mod.

I mean exactly what I typed. "Back in the day" the collect 10 events had prize tiers based on player level. Stats and names of items were slightly different, art was the same, and the mod on the end item was the same. There will also be variations of the Striker (minigun) item, but the mod would be the same.

montecore
01-10-2015, 03:39 PM
The two recent ones-

A few battles ago there was a -5% upgrade cost reduction for reaching 1200 wins.

-5% upgrade cost reduction- Broadway Eagle Eye- For getting 2m deploy points in a single battle in a Street Assault event.

And wow, I know there's that one player in TAW that accumulated all if not most of all these mods and pays next to nothing for building upgrades.

If it makes you feel better, their IPH is so high that could easily pay full price.

Evan1000
01-10-2015, 04:23 PM
If it makes you feel better, their IPH is so high that could easily pay full price.

Because of the fact that they get near free upgrades, lmao.

But I don't care, I'd love for something like that, GREE should hand these mods out more often, my -5% doesn't do very much

Green Drake
01-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Then your list is incomplete.

Weasel
01-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Then your list is incomplete.

I don't owe any list, either in full or in part, to you or anyone else. If you think it's incomplete feel free to go ahead and fill in whatever is missing. If not, your comment is irrelevant and you can go back to feeling up your rivals list.

Green Drake
01-10-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't owe any list, either in full or in part, to you or anyone else. If you think it's incomplete feel free to go ahead and fill in whatever is missing. If not, your comment is irrelevant and you can go back to feeling up your rivals list.
lol. Dude, I think someone is a little touchy tonight. Just pointing out that you claim you weren't aware of any other items with upgrade mods when your knowledge of the evidence burner clearly shows you were aware of it. I was not aware of the name difference in that one.

Jeronimo
01-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Shots have been fired! :p True though.

montecore
01-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Geez, get a room you three.

John_Locke
01-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Geez, get a room you three.

Can I get in on this action?

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2011/08/19/148631-bill-clinton-and-ice-cream.jpg?itok=Fe6w5DEJ

Winnson
01-11-2015, 02:22 AM
Here I am paying full retail like a sucker!

sister morphine
01-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Here I am paying full retail like a sucker!
Someone gots to pay for my 1/3rd reduction! ;)