PDA

View Full Version : This WD

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-09-2015, 08:52 PM
It may be a bit early to tell, but the candle flame is flickering.
The fire in the old fireplace isn't as hot as it used to be.
Overall, people are tapping, just not as much.
In a way, it's sad.
Too much of anything and interest begins to wane.
The old dame isn't dead, yet, but she's in great pain.
She knows her days are nearing the end.

Ronnie Milsap sang about it back in 1977:

http://youtu.be/MREPYWX5Uno

http://youtu.be/XazOoC-3Ghs

http://youtu.be/Ym1itHiNz1k

krashnburn
01-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Well then, looks like there will be plenty of room at the top! Oh wait this is do nothing, I guess that just means there is still lots and lots of room at the bottom.

truthteller
01-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Surprise SUP only has 15m points after 12 hours:cool:

Kerrey Allen
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
This wd seems to be broke. We cannot fight since the game thinks war is over even though my faction just declared.... we cannot attack!!!!!!

Bob Belcher
01-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Yep seems so.
Out with the old in with the new and so to goes Gree's revenue.
If they only had ears and a brain. Oh so sad!

Kefa
01-10-2015, 11:14 AM
And yet, revenues are right up there where they typically have been for this title during WD weekend over the past year.

SUPpose So
01-10-2015, 11:20 AM
And yet, revenues are right up there where they typically have been for this title during WD weekend over the past year.

Yep cos GREE knows that a fool and his money are easily parted

MW Flake
01-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Exactly. All the talk of I'm going to do this or my faction is going to do that is rubbish. Everybody talks a good show, but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is, they bend over and throw it at Gree.

Yeah, I'd sure change my business practices if my customers where that strong willed.

ScrewThis
01-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Exactly. All the talk of I'm going to do this or my faction is going to do that is rubbish. Everybody talks a good show, but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is, they bend over and throw it at Gree.

Yeah, I'd sure change my business practices if my customers where that strong willed.

They're not throwing that much anymore buddy boy. Have a look at the rankings in the App Store. This game used to be top 3 grossing every single WD weekend, now it isn't even top 50.

Nope, things are definitely not the same anymore. You should all take one last roll of the dice, this journey is about to come to an end.

Speed ump
01-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Hey dew, what ever happened to that magical team that was going to take the top spot? Seems like the fig newton team, it was a figment of someone's imagination I guess. I wish I had real money every time someone claimed that.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey dew, what ever happened to that magical team that was going to take the top spot? Seems like the fig newton team, it was a figment of someone's imagination I guess. I wish I had real money every time someone claimed that.

They claimed they'd cause havoc.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't.
I'm just happy DEWIN NUTTIN. LOL

MW Flake
01-10-2015, 09:47 PM
They're not throwing that much anymore buddy boy. Have a look at the rankings in the App Store. This game used to be top 3 grossing every single WD weekend, now it isn't even top 50.

Nope, things are definitely not the same anymore. You should all take one last roll of the dice, this journey is about to come to an end.

Oh they are definitely not the same. But it's also not gloom and doom either. And I've actually done what so many are "promising" to do.

good gawd noooo
01-11-2015, 12:41 AM
Yep cos GREE knows that a fool and his money are easily parted

but the fact is that many are leaving the game and getting refunds before they do... if profits aren't going up then they are still losing money due to the refunds

crazeejay
01-12-2015, 05:43 AM

Just checked this morning and MW is out of the top 100. Now at 102 and dropping like a stone!! LOL

Kefa
01-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Just checked this morning and MW is out of the top 100. Now at 102 and dropping like a stone!! LOL

Checked where? It's 18th this morning, 21st yesterday, 17th 48hrs ago, and 17th 72hrs ago.
http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/33/modern-war/

edit: if you are looking in the app store top charts on your device, it's only showing you the top grossing for your market and your platform as well (ie, iPhone or iPad)
So maybe you're seeing it at 102nd for iPad in your local market in Canada.

crazeejay
01-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Checked where? It's 18th this morning, 21st yesterday, 17th 48hrs ago, and 17th 72hrs ago.

edit: if you are looking in the app store top charts on your device, it's only showing you the top grossing for your market and your platform as well (ie, iPhone or iPad)

LOL yeah probably. All the smart Canucks that said F this $hit with the gold increase..

Ozymandias
01-12-2015, 07:14 AM
LOL yeah probably. All the smart Canucks that said this $hit with the gold increase..

Tim Hortons must have a new donut app out

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-12-2015, 09:01 AM

The game you cite isn't on the top 200 list of the site you used.

Take a look at the correct view of the site's top 200 FREE iOS games:

http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/top-free-games/?page=1

Kefa
01-12-2015, 09:14 AM
The game you cite isn't on the top 200 list of the site you used.

Take a look at the correct view of the site's top 200 FREE iOS games:

http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/top-free-games/?page=1

And yet, even though fewer new players are downloading it daily, it's earning more daily revenue than 182 of those "top" 200 ;)

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-12-2015, 10:40 AM
And yet, even though fewer new players are downloading it daily, it's earning more daily revenue than 182 of those "top" 200 ;)

Allegedly, as that site uses uses a "guessing" model to provide their data.
I took note of the $85,000 number shown in your original link.
That's a guess, true, but even if it were $200,000 a day; I'd be very concerned if I were the financial planner for the company in question.

Profitability isn't achieved until an entity receives (and banks) revenue that exceeds operating expenses, and you meet or exceed your margin.

Another issue of great concern to most for profit enterprises is "charge backs".

Sure, the site predicts revenue churn, but has no way to know what the daily charge backs are. We don't either, but we do see evidence of charge backs being paid out.

It reveals another piece of this very troubling puzzle.

Agent Orange
01-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I found the graph more telling of the big revenue swings, plus if this is their best earner then it doesn't bode well for their other titles....

No I really don't want to see this app fail, in fact 5.0 is so much better functioning then the previous version that I hope they can get their $hit together at the descision making level and listen to their customers. They have come a very long way in terms of customer service, actually for the better, Clem, CrazyNerdGirl, Taadaah and dev coming on the forums and actually helping out and trying to answer questions is huge.

Hellraizer as a mod is outstanding, finally some who speaks our language, now if they would only remove legalous from this forum or at the very least remove their ability to post comments and edit postings since their were doing far more harm than good. Sorry I do realize that being a mod is a tough thankless task however that has been a very disturbing trend of their postings though it seems someone higher up the food chain has warned them and hopefully they take that to heart.

Overall though it sure looks like the burn out continues which was inevitable.