PDA

View Full Version : Retiring players

mikeh20
01-08-2015, 03:24 PM
SO with this new gold price hike Euro players are retiring and dropping like flys. Seems Gree don't care about it one bit. That itself says a lot and is infuriating. We need to stand up for our thousands of friends that are forced to quit the game. 150 dollars is too much for a vault. Why don't you guys give them a special price to maintain your thousands upon thousands of customers. Seems like a no Brainer but hey I've seen your customer support so no surprise. GREE step up and cater to your customers. I'm sure no one from us will mind if they pay less. Euro is a vary important part of your game and you will lose a lot doing nothing.

legalious
01-08-2015, 03:34 PM
So, the exchange rate went up and the standard set price is in USD. How is that a fault on Gree?

mikeh20
01-08-2015, 03:43 PM
I didn't blame gree did I. I am suggesting to find a way to keep thousands of people from quiting. Don't know about you but to me a business would not want to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars every month. Just in my team alone there is over 10k dollars

HellRaizer
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
With the price being set in USD, I assume they would have to lower that cost to retain the Canada and Euro costs. I honestly can't see a business doing that.

This is very similar to why apple (and valve I think) stopped sales in Russia while the conversion was so volatile

mikeh20
01-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Not sure exactly what the percentage is for us/euro ratio but I assume a good chunk is in fact euro or in that region. I can't see gree not doing anything at all. It would be nuts and probably kill a lot of there games. Don't see U.S making up the profit margin they stand to lose because of this.

Bubseg
01-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Lol no fault of grees at all about pricing. , but hey they do sales on gold every war or fl. gree also put the prices up themselves On top of apples. Raise , no more gold buying from me , was gonna buy a vault tomorrow too so i can get the rest of the ltbs , not now. Gree not getting anymore from me

MW Flake
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
With the price being set in USD, I assume they would have to lower that cost to retain the Canada and Euro costs. I honestly can't see a business doing that.

This is very similar to why apple (and valve I think) stopped sales in Russia while the conversion was so volatile

Really? I can't see what business would risk losing an entire continents sales as opposed to a slight overall reduction in pricing. It might even, oh my gosh, BOOST overall revenue. Oh the horror!

'MAU' Mirsad-Ra
01-08-2015, 04:01 PM
So, the exchange rate went up and the standard set price is in USD. How is that a fault on Gree?

So when the US Dollar was down how come Apple didn't reflect that and adjust it. They only adjust it when the US gains strength. You as a business have to fight for your customers and take this frustration to Apple and fight for us.

HellRaizer
01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/15/01/07/apple-to-raise-app-store-prices-in-eu-and-canada-change-russian-fees

HellRaizer
01-08-2015, 04:07 PM
I have iOS and droid. So for the moment I can still purchase off the play store for a cheaper price. Possibly anyone who has a PC could install bluestacks, link their account and purchase cheaper. I think.

Slippo
01-08-2015, 04:08 PM

You are telling me the US dollar just jumped over 30% stronger then the Pound, Euro and Australian dollar overnight ? hmm please show me the link to that.

Rolinz
01-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Is it possible to VPN your device to some US servers so you can buy US iTunes cards and use them in another country?

Not sure if this can or should be done??? Can someone clarify?

Cannot Connect To Server
01-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Rollinz prob be done thru proxy. but if doing it buy thru iceland. lol cheapest of all apparantely.

imo... buying virtual nothings is stupid... having a home real food and being able to help yourself and your families is more important than a cartoon trashtank or virtual nothings in a game.

fatbodychris
01-08-2015, 05:22 PM
This was just announced yesterday. Everyone is getting up in arms over a change BY Apple.

Although I'm not counting on gree to lower their prices for people overseas, what's to say gree won't?

Why don't you flood the Apple forums with these price increase comments?

Robespierre
01-08-2015, 07:19 PM
I have iOS and droid. So for the moment I can still purchase off the play store for a cheaper price. Possibly anyone who has a PC could install bluestacks, link their account and purchase cheaper. I think.

Good luck with the proxy servers per the TOS. Avoiding price gouges is just as bad as hacking...same principle: getting more for less.

Gold has been overvalued since day one. Addicts will pay no matter the price. Jack it up another 1000% and you will still have the same revenues.

Taking screenshots.

bam bam.
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
We got the bump in Australia about a yr ago, I now don't know any Aussies who have spent since

Mr llama
01-08-2015, 08:00 PM
A vault should be 10 15 bucks but as a company that is trying from the start to drain as much cash from people in the smallest amount of time what do you all expect. Everyone including me who has bought gold has fallen for a scam, sad but true

Mikelord
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
A vault should be 10 15 bucks but as a company that is trying from the start to drain as much cash from people in the smallest amount of time what do you all expect. Everyone including me who has bought gold has fallen for a scam, sad but true

lol I agree after 68$ I never spent another penny, just invested my time, and that is showing a steady decline because Gree is killing the game

East Coast Bias
01-08-2015, 08:37 PM
i think those in Europe are going to need to switch to droid and watch more movies.

lemonhaze
01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
SO with this new gold price hike Euro players are retiring and dropping like flys. Seems Gree don't care about it one bit. That itself says a lot and is infuriating. We need to stand up for our thousands of friends that are forced to quit the game. 150 dollars is too much for a vault. Why don't you guys give them a special price to maintain your thousands upon thousands of customers. Seems like a no Brainer but hey I've seen your customer support so no surprise. GREE step up and cater to your customers. I'm sure no one from us will mind if they pay less. Euro is a vary important part of your game and you will lose a lot doing nothing.
no one will stand up..it wont matter if the price of gold is 250$ a vault will be plenty of addicts still draining accounts to buy fake gold lol..i been gold free now for last 8 months and couldnt have been better..i went thur the craze my self of spending tons of money each month hitting gold bonus..i would love to have that back knowing then what i know now but hey we win some we lose some right? live and learn

Who dares wins
01-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Ha modern war is basically an android game now seems every benefit is in favour of those devices!!! Screw moder war anyway il be saving myself a **** ton of cash and my iPhone 6 will be on the market by Tomoz if Apple thinks it can screw us like this

HellRaizer
01-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Good luck with the proxy servers per the TOS. Avoiding price gouges is just as bad as hacking...same principle: getting more for less.

Gold has been overvalued since day one. Addicts will pay no matter the price. Jack it up another 1000% and you will still have the same revenues.

Taking screenshots.

Not sure why you singled out my post when I wasn't talking about proxy servers..

Its not a breach of TOS.. I play on both platforms in the UK and I am choosing to pay via google and not apple. No proxies, no vpns. Completely legitimate. Gree made this possible once they released the ability to link game centre and play accounts.

I play on my iPad at home and S4 at work.. Thus I can make the purchase on the S4.. I'm sure google will eventually do the same thing but at the moment they haven't

Note. Bluestacks is just an application that allows you to play android games on a PC. Its works very similarly to a phone/tablet within your own region.

SUPpose So
01-09-2015, 04:04 AM

Your gold has always been overpriced for what you get... But....

A Euro player now pays equiv of $140 per vault. How is that right.

Also CoC has not increased its prices to players so i suggest you get your facts right. This is a GREE choice not apple to up the prices.

HellRaizer
01-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Your gold has always been overpriced for what you get... But....

A Euro player now pays equiv of $140 per vault. How is that right.

Also CoC has not increased its prices to players so i suggest you get your facts right. This is a GREE choice not apple to up the prices.

Yes it has ::

Check out these threads for CoC

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/509982-Major-price-increase-on-gems
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/189179-Why-there-is-a-Gem-Price-Diffrent-between-Andriod-and-IOS
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/2097-In-app-purchase-prices-increased-by-Apple-in-Europe

SUPpose So
01-09-2015, 05:59 AM
Just checked CoC again and still no increase.. Think the CoC thread was confused with Gree apps..

However if it is not GREE's fault and they have no control, how come they just reduced the price again... Hmmmmm

HellRaizer
01-09-2015, 06:01 AM
I would guess the wrong tier was applied to the price. Apple sets the tiers that devs can pick from.. A vault is equal to tier 60.. 2014 link - http://forecomm.mptw.fr/templates/PriceMatrix.html

http://s23.postimg.org/6m13ckzi3/image.jpg

SUPpose So
01-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Maybe they decided to not pass on the increase rather the devs making a mistake.

goblue21
01-09-2015, 06:32 AM
really? Give them a discount to stay around? what a joke. It's not Gree's fault. shut up and play the game. Hey gree i want a discount too to get cheaper gold. lol unbelievable

SUPpose So
01-09-2015, 07:11 AM
really? Give them a discount to stay around? what a joke. It's not Gree's fault. shut up and play the game. Hey gree i want a discount too to get cheaper gold. lol unbelievable

Of course this is GREE's decision. Doh !!

Kefa
01-09-2015, 03:54 PM

Actually, every business does that. Product prices in different markets are not set based on one region's price point times the currency exchange rate. That would apply if you are purchasing from the US store and having it shipped to the local market, but an international company offering their products direct to local markets will base the local price point on many factors relevant to the local market, not just the conditions in the company's origin market.

That's why U.S. sailors used to buy their stereo equipment in Japan when their ships would port there. The price difference was more than just taxes and exchange rate. It was supply and demand in that local region.

chad1122
01-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Big issue is gold doesn't get you any further ahead in game, just keep up. Spend or get left in the dust. Seems like every time energy regen unit comes out, up goes energy required for ltqs. So if don't get 1 of these 3 regen units and live outside us guess what, not only will you have to pay more for gold but need a sht ton more to accomplish anything. Forget about it if your a new player, find another game. Still find it hilarious how the airplane glitch ("wasn't there") became fixed and required energy dramatically dropped. Stop looking for ways to steal more money from us and fix the game to be enjoyable again, money will follow

Apollo13
01-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Quick! Start collecting free vid gold. They are valuables.

SpikeyKit
01-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Quick! Start collecting free vid gold. They are valuables.

Can we sell them back to gree?