PDA

View Full Version : 15% building upgrate time

cjy11
01-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Is 15% building upgrade time worth 42 health packs?

Takes slightly less than 21k energy to finish one day of prestige... and with a +5 energy regen you need 14 additional health packs to finish off prestige every day. hence 42 over 3 days

truthteller
01-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Is 15% building upgrade time worth 42 health packs?

Takes slightly less than 21k energy to finish one day of prestige... and with a +5 energy regen you need 14 additional health packs to finish off prestige every day. hence 42 over 3 days

are you sure prestige will only take 21k per day????

cjy11
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
are you sure prestige will only take 21k per day????

According to this (below), yes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhKqs4to7NC7dFd0Y1pOR0hqRXNEcjJkNG5Wdk1SW mc&usp=docslist_api#gid=39

truthteller
01-05-2015, 03:07 PM
All I can say, is it will really depend on what your current bonus is, to determine the actual you will get, the 15% you will actually get less if you already have upgrade bonuses............but if you get a net of 10% and have the refills/gold to do it, I say go for it

I myself will give it a go

MW Flake
01-05-2015, 03:09 PM
According to this (below), yes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhKqs4to7NC7dFd0Y1pOR0hqRXNEcjJkNG5Wdk1SW mc&usp=docslist_api#gid=39
Oh no, no, no my dear friend. That is just a best guess until the event goes live. It is often far more than that. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

As to whether it's worth it, well I suppose that really depends on what time reductions you currently have. If none, then it's a true 15% and may be. But if you already have a substantial amount then that 15% is actually much less of a reduction of the original time.

HypeTonic
01-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Oh no, no, no my dear friend. That is just a best guess until the event goes live. It is often far more than that. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

The event is live... And so far the energy requirements match up

MW Flake
01-05-2015, 03:20 PM
The event is live... And so far the energy requirements match up
Well then spank my bottom and call me Suzy.

Pidgeot
01-05-2015, 03:35 PM
What is this +15% located at? Master or prestige?

truthteller
01-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Prestige, it is the wrapper for doing all 3 prestige days

andy2
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
lol each day is 2% inf att. i kinda like upgrade time, but 2% inf att is insulting. raw stats are even more insulting.

truthteller
01-05-2015, 03:59 PM
for the 3*24hr LTQs I usually just farm the equipment and hope they actually add them to my inventory lol

for this time I am tempted in spending some refills to get that 15% uprade.........but then again, I do not really needed..............hhmmmm.............what to do, what to do..........:rolleyes:

Cannot Connect To Server
01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
suzy suzy suzy spank yourself tho... lol

just kidding ... do u know if the reason why the bonuses can be so different is maybe gree uses every boost from raw/original???

like .... building takes 60 mins so 10% off 54 mins

but next boost is either usibg the 60 or 54? so its goes differently???

i will try rewrite later low battery bye

MajikUF
01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Anyone have a screenshot of the unit? I'm on android and don't see the bonuses.

TheDanimal
01-05-2015, 06:56 PM
I just posted the commentary in my walkthrough thread.

In short - No. The upgrade time reduction is not worth it.
24hr build time... -15% saves you 3.5hrs
48hr build time... -15% saves you 7hrs
Sounds appealing, but what do you need to build that quickly... really.

For 42 energy packs, I certainly wouldn't do it.
Differentiate between need and want

additionally, you're looking at spending roughly 900 gold for those energy packs - that's almost 2/3 of a vault... or $66.00 USD

Hope that helps

bam bam.
01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
For me it's a game play mod, it makes it more fun, especially early on in the game. I do really like time reductions. Especially these days with the temp boosts giving you a plus to how many you can build at a time. I have +4 to building upgrades +5 with temps. Means every 24 hrs I will get around 10hrs or so (I already have some upgrade time boosts so not quite as effective for me as a noob). It will speed up archiving LE goals, and speed up iph growth.

I'm for it but I do understand people skipping this one

Pidgeot
01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, Im going to try going for it as well. I dont only have 3 building upgrades with the temp so any time reduction is always nice for me.

williswho
01-05-2015, 10:04 PM
In short - No. The upgrade time reduction is not worth it.
24hr build time... -15% saves you 3.5hrs
48hr build time... -15% saves you 7hrs
Sounds appealing, but what do you need to build that quickly... really.

You're confusing "build time" and "building upgrade time". All buildings take 24 hours to build (at least I believe they do, i haven't built anything that isn't a LTB in a long time). Upgrade time varies. This bonus will take time off your upgrades, but it's cumulative anyways. If you've already gotten upgrade time reductions it will lessen the effect. Similar to health regen bonuses. My "building upgrade time" is currently at -39%. Might shave a little bit off but nowhere close to 3.5 hours on a 24 hour upgrade.

MaverickINsc
01-06-2015, 11:35 AM
This bonus makes sense for those with many new buildings to upgrade from the "old building" release.....the fewer the upgrades you can do at a time can actually be an argument that its even more important as you need as many upgrades as you can get if you are doing the "new ltb" each cycle that ties up most of the upgrades if you don't have 2 or more permanent upgrades.....besides...what does an attack or defense boost really give you that a 2/2 equipment piece doesn't neutralize.......I have a lot of buildings to upgrade....so makes sense for me

Veccster
01-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Agree with Mav. You guys are all calculating the savings based on one upgrade. If you have 3 or 4, you can multiply those savings.

My bonus is around 29% already. So an additional 15% would save me about 2hrs/day. With 3 upgrades going, that's a savings of 6hrs/day....or 42 hours / week.

MW Flake
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Agree with Mav. You guys are all calculating the savings based on one upgrade. If you have 3 or 4, you can multiply those savings.

My bonus is around 29% already. So an additional 15% would save me about 2hrs/day. With 3 upgrades going, that's a savings of 6hrs/day....or 42 hours / week.

I feel I should warn you about that line of thinking.
You sound like you are using Gree math. :D

TheDanimal
01-06-2015, 04:01 PM
You're confusing "build time" and "building upgrade time"

Oops. Different words, same concept