PDA

View Full Version : New bug- freezing in raids

Bluehavana2
01-02-2015, 03:12 PM
This just started happening (to me), and recently started...
When attacking a player (not a building), the game freezes (rival profile, to my base, clipboard and gunsights all dimmed out) but can click on top icons (gold, energy, etc) with normal action. Have to restart game to continue.
Occurring on 2 iOS devices (iPad mini 16gb 8.1.2 and ipad 3 64gb 8.1.2)

Q Raider
01-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Prediction: It will continue until either the crate event or the frontline event ends (and start up again when Gree overloads the system yet again with their folly).

I am certain you will also already have experienced the issue where you leave an enemy base to another location, (eg to hit an NPC in a map) and the battle result icon will come up and indicate you are still attacking the previous target, Valor, BP and perhaps $$$ appear but they are just phantoms. It is also likely that some players will experience crashouts when trying to check inventories or recycle units during this same period.

In short, Gree are overloading the game to the point where it cannot operate. Perhaps some players on high speed, wide broadband internet are still unaffected but I am pretty sure they would be in the minority.

Based on experiences with "War of Nations" the probable cause is the overabundance of "layer icons" (currently they are the "20% off sale", "Goals folder", "World", "Celebration Crate", "Bombsight", "Menu", "Map" and "Frontline"). Add those to the 5 "always on top" icons at the top of the screen and you have a game that is very heavy in layers (guessing between seven and thirteen).

When you attack a player at their base the game then tries to switch off six of those icons (layers) and at the same time enable another layer (the battle result) but the Frontline icon (though not appearing) is still in the mix somewhere and the game simply gets lost and goes "stuff it" and freezes.

Bluehavana2
01-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Makes sense, problem seemed to start with frontline. That icon and the 20% off sale went live this afternoon. Appreciate what appears to be very knowledgable info!

plavine
01-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I get the player is too beat up message

KillerDriller
01-02-2015, 08:40 PM
I have a similar thing. If i start out raiding, no problem. As soon as I attack, the game freezes with icons dimmed. I can move around the guys base but can't do anything. My stamina and health keep updating. I have to restart to get all working.

Bedur
01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Same problem here. Raiding works fine, but can't attack player.

Atego
01-03-2015, 10:00 AM
The Attacking Issue is confirmed and reported. Look here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?103578-Comprehensive-List-of-Bugs-Issues-in-MW

Agent Orange
01-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Just curious but are you using linked accounts. I am seeing this with accounts linked from Android to IOS. I attack a player and the attack screen comes up and game freezes. Attack does register but app has to be closed to do anything else.

Bedur
01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Just curious but are you using linked accounts. I am seeing this with accounts linked from Android to IOS. I attack a player and the attack screen comes up and game freezes. Attack does register but app has to be closed to do anything else.

I am not using linked accounts, and this happens when I tap-attack a player. No screen comes up. It is more like an infinite lag spike but I can still move the screen.

Atego
01-03-2015, 11:26 AM
@Agent Orange,
no, I am not using linked accounts. Both iOS devices are not linked.

There is only one way how to attack a Player: Choose the rival from the rival list and push the Attack Button. Direct Hits via the Base or the News feed dont work.

Mcdoc
01-03-2015, 04:42 PM
2 IOS accounts - one linked - one not linked

Both accounts freeze up if I attack someone from my newsfeed - the screen closes the Attack door animation and just freezes the game entirely - no options to do anything except hit the Home Button and close out the game.

Also - since we're reporting bugs - every since the upgrade - the multiple upgrade screen that shows you all of your current upgrades and remaining upgrade time NO LONGER appears when you try to do an additional upgrade beyond your boost. Instead - I just get a server communication error

Q Raider
01-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Accounts not linked AO.

Old ipad just crashes out completely but it was struggling long before the latest upgrade anyway.

I-phone never had issues prior to the update, that plus the inundation of additional icons I am fairly confident is the source of the problem.

Wouldn't mind betting that they have increased the pixel count in making the background for the boss raid events which will also add to the problems when that event is running.

Incidentally, probably been reported but noticed an oddity with some player stats since this update which I think may be related to the platform (or device) people are playing on. The wins/losses for attacks and raids are reversed on some players (including my iphone account). Just did some raids and confirmed that the wins are registering correctly but looks like when they put in the update they SNAFU'd and got things mixed up. The ipad appears to be unaffected, as do SOME other players viewed stats.

Bedur
01-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Prediction: It will continue until either the crate event or the frontline event ends (and start up again when Gree overloads the system yet again with their folly).

I am certain you will also already have experienced the issue where you leave an enemy base to another location, (eg to hit an NPC in a map) and the battle result icon will come up and indicate you are still attacking the previous target, Valor, BP and perhaps $$$ appear but they are just phantoms. It is also likely that some players will experience crashouts when trying to check inventories or recycle units during this same period.

In short, Gree are overloading the game to the point where it cannot operate. Perhaps some players on high speed, wide broadband internet are still unaffected but I am pretty sure they would be in the minority.

Based on experiences with "War of Nations" the probable cause is the overabundance of "layer icons" (currently they are the "20% off sale", "Goals folder", "World", "Celebration Crate", "Bombsight", "Menu", "Map" and "Frontline"). Add those to the 5 "always on top" icons at the top of the screen and you have a game that is very heavy in layers (guessing between seven and thirteen).

When you attack a player at their base the game then tries to switch off six of those icons (layers) and at the same time enable another layer (the battle result) but the Frontline icon (though not appearing) is still in the mix somewhere and the game simply gets lost and goes "stuff it" and freezes.

Seems you were correct in your prediction. Now that FL, crate event, and gold sale is over I can attack players again without problems.

Bedur
01-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Seems you were correct in your prediction. Now that FL, crate event, and gold sale is over I can attack players again without problems.

Correction, not everything is dandy. Got a doublestrike in with flashy graphic presentation, and yes, next hit froze leaving me staring at nice moneybuildings I couldn't raid:(

Mcdoc
01-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Also - since we're reporting bugs - every since the upgrade - the multiple upgrade screen that shows you all of your current upgrades and remaining upgrade time NO LONGER appears when you try to do an additional upgrade beyond your boost. Instead - I just get a server communication error

there must have been a new data push in the last 8 hours.

The Building Upgrade Summary screen now works again :-)

celebrate small victories :-)

Bluehavana2
01-08-2015, 06:54 AM
I hope this bug doesn't reappear with WD!

Bluehavana2
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I hope this bug doesn't reappear with WD!

WD has started and as I feared the "layering issue" freeze is back. Freezes on Attack, haven't tested it in WD battle yet

Bluehavana2
01-09-2015, 01:41 PM
WD has started and as I feared the "layering issue" freeze is back. Freezes on Attack, haven't tested it in WD battle yet

Looks like WD attack is fine

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
My game freezes also when attacking a foe. Submitted a ticket.

Bedur
01-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Yep, freezing when attacking player is back. I also noted that all NPC markers (the arrows) have disappeared from my maps. Both problems only on iOS device, android works fine.