PDA

View Full Version : Game unresponsive .... Locks up whole iOS

robilco
01-02-2015, 02:36 AM
Frequently, the game locks up on me (like 3 out of every 5 times)

The game freezes and nothing can be clicked.
Pressing the iPhone home button takes 30 seconds or so to respond
Once App exited, double tapping to bring up task manage or swiping is also unresponsive.
Once I kill the MW App, the phone works again perfectly.

I've noticed that the App Size has grown to 1.8GB on my phone also.

Has anyone else experienced this/Know a solution ?

Cheers,
Ro

robilco
01-02-2015, 02:46 AM
Killing Every App Running/Suspended on my iPhone has allowed me to use MW again.

I really need to work out how to reduce the 1.8GB Documents & Data

Atego
01-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Delete MW, restart your iPhone then reinstall MW. This works on my 4S.

Bedur
01-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Frequently, the game locks up on me (like 3 out of every 5 times)

The game freezes and nothing can be clicked.
Pressing the iPhone home button takes 30 seconds or so to respond
Once App exited, double tapping to bring up task manage or swiping is also unresponsive.
Once I kill the MW App, the phone works again perfectly.

I've noticed that the App Size has grown to 1.8GB on my phone also.

Has anyone else experienced this/Know a solution ?

Cheers,
Ro

I have the same problem on my iPad, but it seems to appear only during raiding for me. I noticed that if I stay away from the 'Rival profile' window as much as possible, there was much less freezing. Especially scrolling in the window to see rival's defense stats used to freeze the game. Now I check if there is anything to raid first, and if there is I open the rival profile window but without scrolling. I just check their attack stats and assume their defense is about the same. Now I can often raid through my stamina without freezing, and just kill the game and restart when necessary.

robilco
01-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Delete MW, restart your iPhone then reinstall MW. This works on my 4S.

I'm concerned about loosing account data ?

MW Flake
01-02-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm concerned about loosing account data ?
Your device doesn't store any account data

Watash
01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
My iPad freezes most of the time when I attack a rival....raiding works ok. Tried deleting...no help. Crappy software

Random guy
01-02-2015, 09:05 AM
S.n.a.f.u.

gb7
01-02-2015, 09:42 AM
My 4s is closing in on 8 GBs. When you delete and reinstall do you have to re establish links to other devices?

Rolinz
01-02-2015, 10:28 AM
1. Backup entire device to iCloud or iTunes or both. (i did it for both just in case)

2. Go to Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage (Storage not iCloud) you will see the size MW is stored on your device

3. Go into the details for MW and click on the button to "Delete App".

4. Make a note the size of MW and make sure that the amount of space taken up by MW has been freed up.

5. Restart your device

6. Once restarted, go to the App Store and download and reinstall MW.

7. MW should load faster and less lag afterwards

This is what I did for my devices and all seems to have gone smoothly.

Only thing not working still is when attacking someone from my "speed dial" list. "Revenge" works but "Attack" does not. It still just does not respond.

I hope that helps with those with an iOS device.

Bedur
01-02-2015, 09:18 PM
1. Backup entire device to iCloud or iTunes or both. (i did it for both just in case)

2. Go to Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage (Storage not iCloud) you will see the size MW is stored on your device

3. Go into the details for MW and click on the button to "Delete App".

4. Make a note the size of MW and make sure that the amount of space taken up by MW has been freed up.

5. Restart your device

6. Once restarted, go to the App Store and download and reinstall MW.

7. MW should load faster and less lag afterwards

This is what I did for my devices and all seems to have gone smoothly.

Only thing not working still is when attacking someone from my "speed dial" list. "Revenge" works but "Attack" does not. It still just does not respond.

I hope that helps with those with an iOS device.

Followed your instructions and deleted/reinstalled the game. Listed disc space got down from 2.4 Gb to 88 Mb instantly, although the listed free space only increased about 800 Mb. However, a quick stresstest visiting 10-15 rivals was performed with heavy duty screenscrolling and scrolling rival's profile. The result was great, and it wasn't until I attacked a player that i was stuck in limbo with greyed out icons as described in another thread.
Thx a lot for the instructions:)