PDA

View Full Version : Why is mw so big??

Z-Infierno
01-01-2015, 03:51 AM
Question for those savvy people. Why is MW so big, huge or enormous on data?

My phone has 30GB storage capacity and checking it out MW is on 2nd place with 5.6 GB is bigger than 350 pics and 50 Videos I got also they only use 2GB. 0.o?

Is It normal within games developing?? :confused:

Janoe123
01-01-2015, 04:18 AM
delete reinstall... mines only 461 MB

Pidgeot
01-01-2015, 04:28 AM
From what I can tell, with every new data push, its adds new files to the game, consisting of sounds, images and data. All those new NPCs add up, They also dont clean up after themselves from old events so that data collects.

Cannot Connect To Server
01-01-2015, 05:19 AM
hi after each update crap is left behind... also adverts and animated gifs and just a lot of crap...

you can either transfer your game to a diff device delete uninstall off current then reinstall transfer back.

or go into the directories and delete the old dated crap. but dont try it if u dont know what ur doing.

i zipped up all old directories first then deleted them then run mw and all was ok.

i deleted over 200mb of unused gifs out of the ads directory for other games etc.

my mw now runs as usual... aka full of bugs and spyware just as it was designed but uses a lot less space.

Agent Orange
01-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Question for those savvy people. Why is MW so big, huge or enormous on data?

My phone has 30GB storage capacity and checking it out MW is on 2nd place with 5.6 GB is bigger than 350 pics and 50 Videos I got also they only use 2GB. 0.o?

You must have an older account and be on IOS. It's big because the dataset (graphics and data) keep growing and these are not automatically flushed. The only time you can get rid of this on IOS is to delete the app and then reinstall. This nukes the dataset, BUT doing so can create a fresh headache, increased data usage as your game tries to re-download the bits it needs.

If you are also using the linking feature to access multiple accounts this can/will dramatically increase your data use! I tripled mine in the past week experimenting with linking so beware!!

Android suffers the same fate, however nuking and reinstalling the app does not get rid of some orphane files that MW downloads some you need to use Androids built in file management to hunt these down and manually nuke them.

A final word of warning, up to now deleting and reinstalling the app on IOS has worked well, however there have been some real weirdness <-note highly technical term, that might cause you to loose your account. So I would back up the device, if you are under 1gb of free space on the device this may fail though... But I would back up then send yourself a ticket so that you capture that players data in case something bad happens...

Z-Infierno
01-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks very much guys really appreciate the time and effort to give a clear explanation.

I´ve deleted and re-installed game but I didnt back it up (lucky I back up every night my phone and after your comment AO will be more aware) and its working good and data usage for MW is only 92MB priceless that was I was looking for to have. Now I got enough space to at least take a selfie :rolleyes:

By the way AO my data usage increase as well after to use the link account option that is a no-no but sometimes I need to use it to dont carry to many devices around. Stupid addiction :mad:

Never mind that is all for now Thanks again

Rolinz
01-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Thanks very much guys really appreciate the time and effort to give a clear explanation.

I´ve deleted and re-installed game but I didnt back it up (lucky I back up every night my phone and after your comment AO will be more aware) and its working good and data usage for MW is only 92MB priceless that was I was looking for to have. Now I got enough space to at least take a selfie :rolleyes:

By the way AO my data usage increase as well after to use the link account option that is a no-no but sometimes I need to use it to dont carry to many devices around. Stupid addiction :mad:

Never mind that is all for now Thanks again

I suggest you backup before deleting. Also to re-start your device before re-installing to ensure the space taken up by MW gets freed up before you re-install.

This should speed up load time and cause less lag in the game.

Mine was taking up 10.4GB before and runs much better now.

HenryVIII
01-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Gree team must be compensating for something...

Bubseg
01-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Back up to itunes
Delete app Run app called checker clear cache Turn device off. Turn on. Re install mw. Job done

DavidtheBoo
01-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Delete cache files. Thats all

robilco
01-02-2015, 02:25 AM
I've the same problem.
I've been playing for years, but only have game on a new phone for about a month.
Game is intermittently unresponsive (2/5 times using) and locks up entire phone

1.8GB App Size (Compared to the 461MB footprint of Crime City .... Do Dev Teams not talk to eachother?)

There's a little unclarity in this Thread .... What's the safety way to delete the App and re-install keeping account intact, but not letting iTunes back up all spurious data?

Would moving the account to an Android Device, deleting from IOS, installing afresh to IOS and moving account back, be cleaner?

robilco
01-02-2015, 02:58 AM
Using iFunBox I can get into my Phone file system

Is there any information available as to what files/folders are safe to delete ?

Lift Ticket
01-02-2015, 05:00 AM
Gree team must be compensating for something...

now this was funny!!

Random guy
01-02-2015, 09:21 AM
now this was funny!!

True that!!!!

Rolinz
01-02-2015, 10:14 AM
I've the same problem.
I've been playing for years, but only have game on a new phone for about a month.
Game is intermittently unresponsive (2/5 times using) and locks up entire phone

1.8GB App Size (Compared to the 461MB footprint of Crime City .... Do Dev Teams not talk to eachother?)

There's a little unclarity in this Thread .... What's the safety way to delete the App and re-install keeping account intact, but not letting iTunes back up all spurious data?

Would moving the account to an Android Device, deleting from IOS, installing afresh to IOS and moving account back, be cleaner?

1. Backup entire device to iCloud or iTunes or both. (i did it for both just in case)

2. Go to Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage (Storage not iCloud) you will see the size MW is stored on your device

3. Go into the details for MW and click on the button to "Delete App".

4. Make a note the size of MW and make sure that the amount of space taken up by MW has been freed up.

5. Restart your device

6. Once restarted, go to the App Store and download and reinstall MW.

7. MW should load faster and less lag afterwards

This is what I did for my devices and all seems to have gone smoothly.

I hope that helps with those with an iOS device.

Jaguar69
01-02-2015, 11:34 AM
1. Backup entire device to icloud or itunes or both. (i did it for both just in case)

2. Go to settings - general - usage - manage storage (storage not icloud) you will see the size mw is stored on your device

3. Go into the details for mw and click on the button to "delete app".

4. Make a note the size of mw and make sure that the amount of space taken up by mw has been freed up.

5. Restart your device

6. Once restarted, go to the app store and download and reinstall mw.

7. Mw should load faster and less lag afterwards

this is what i did for my devices and all seems to have gone smoothly.

I hope that helps with those with an ios device.

+1 +1 +1 +1 :d:d:d:d

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Why is MW so big, huge or enormous on data?

The better, bigger, greater game for you to play with, my darling.

Of course, everything is normal here. Now, let's all keep tapping.

robilco
01-11-2015, 12:10 PM
1. Backup entire device to icloud or itunes or both. (i did it for both just in case)

2. Go to settings - general - usage - manage storage (storage not icloud) you will see the size mw is stored on your device

3. Go into the details for mw and click on the button to "delete app".

4. Make a note the size of mw and make sure that the amount of space taken up by mw has been freed up.

5. Restart your device

6. Once restarted, go to the app store and download and reinstall mw.

7. Mw should load faster and less lag afterwards

this is what i did for my devices and all seems to have gone smoothly.

I hope that helps with those with an ios device.

thank you !

1.8gb --> 121mb !

Rolinz
01-12-2015, 08:23 AM
My MW got to over 500MB and again, i was experiencing lag and freeze-ups.

I did the uninstall and re-install and back down to 150MB and seems to be working better again.

Best to keep an eye on the size of MW on your device.

Sunny19843
01-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I use a app called "icleaner" from cydia. It deletes all useless files.
I use it at least once a week, keeps my MW size at 200mb