PDA

View Full Version : Unlink account

triple OG
12-31-2014, 09:51 PM
How do I unlink two accounts? I bought a new iPad and gave my son my old iPad... I transferred my account to the new iPad. But it made a new player on my old iPad. Now my son plays the game and when I open it, I get a message saying it's being used on another device. I don't want my son playing my account using my gold. How do I unlink the accounts on iOS?

Thanks

sister morphine
12-31-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure you can..... and even if you could you'd be constantly badgered to hook it up again whenever you log in.

If your son is accessing your account from the iPad you gave him, the problem is your Game Center account is still on that iPad. So you need to remove that and give your son his own Apple ID. I'm not a tech-head so you'd need to check up whether you can set up a new ID and put that on the old iPad (removing yours) when you sync it on the computer.

It's probably doable if you were to do a factory reset, but that's pretty drastic, lol (your son would need to back up all his daa before trying that one!)

Stubby1113
01-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Send in a ticket and gree will sync to the Game Center id you want

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Send in a ticket and gree will sync to the Game Center id you want
They'll fix it. After deleting the wrong account a couple times, they'll get it right eventually. They haven't let me down yet.

Pocos_Peros_Locos
01-01-2015, 04:10 PM
i had that issue when i was flip flopping b/t my links doing boss recently - i forgot i was logged into the same one on my Air and my iphone - i got a message that said to log out of both devices. so do that - then log into the one device that you want to play your game on - go to profile - manage accts - and select the player acct you want (if it's more then 1) - and then you might have to log back in again (if you have more 1 that is) after you select - log back in - it should be there - but make sure that your sons ipad is not logged into cc when you do it. you have to be logged out of cc on all devices. it's not unlinking - it's just that you're logged in on more then 1 device trying to play the same game on the same acct which apparently is not possible at this time.

let me know if that works for you - it should.. you may have to log into your Game Center but it should work - as for your son's ipad - you might have to log that ipad out of gamecenter.

oh and yes - you can set your son up w/ a new Apple ID for his ipad - he will need an email address first - and you may have to reset his ipad to factory settings - then you can configure his ipad from there w/ his new email in order to set up an Apple ID for him w/ his new email address from there.

this should resolve your issues triple og.

Pocos_Peros_Locos
01-01-2015, 04:14 PM
oh by the way - you don't have to do a factory reset - there's all types of diff resets on the ipad that will reset diff things that won't delete your son's data - but i think in order to give him a new Apple ID - you will need to do a factory reset - i suggest dl-ing your sons stuff to your ipad so that it's there or putting it on Cloud - make sure you have a id/password for this - then do the factory reset for him - then config like i said w/ new email to set up new Apple ID - once done - you can log into cloud so that he can get back the stuff he needs since you put it on Cloud.