PDA

View Full Version : Rivals doesn't work, with the new attack algorthims.

iTzMeWaTeRrMaLoOoNe
12-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Rivals is still based on, the old type. Which is Attack Vs Defence. For example. ATTACK 400m vs DEFENCE 350m, I would probably win with the old attack algorithms, but it's close to impossible with the new attack algorithms unless my MA (Mafia accomplice) AND KP (Kingpin) completely dominates the rival.

Unless you're the best of the best, having the strongest stats, or having strongest stat for your rival tier then you're probably robbing like crazy and,

I would just think it'd be be fair, if we based our stats on the new algorithms on the rivals list. Low stat, with low kingpin and Mafia accomplice are probably getting annoyed.

Jinxybear
12-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Of course low stat, low kingpin, low accomplice players are getting screwed. You need to be active to earn accomplices in order to keep up with active players. You gotta play hard to earn hard.

Rodimus
12-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Basically you want to stay competitive, you gotta do events to acquire those accomplices. Hate it or love it , it's your call.

sister morphine
12-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Of course low stat, low kingpin, low accomplice players are getting screwed. You need to be active to earn accomplices in order to keep up with active players. You gotta play hard to earn hard.
I'm as active as a free player can be trying to get accomplices, but it's hard to summon the boss from rivals list without losing as the vast majority of my rivals seem to be about twice as strong as I am. What's that about? Same thing for those players hitting me - almost all of them lose now.

spiderman
12-30-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm as active as a free player can be trying to get accomplices, but it's hard to summon the boss from rivals list without losing as the vast majority of my rivals seem to be about twice as strong as I am. What's that about? Same thing for those players hitting me - almost all of them lose now.

I have summoned all my bosses from doing the LTQ. I have a mostly green screen from peeps attacking me as well. Don't repond back attacking, or robbing. Have a better than most IPH, no need. Happy gaming.

Weasel
12-31-2014, 01:37 AM
We have been told that the rivals list is populated with players who have similar stats (mafia attack/defence) to our own. Fair enough. However, it now seems that a significant number of people are reporting most (95%+) of their rivals are far stronger in the mafia attack/defence department.

I can think of two logical explanations:

1) The effect of all those attack and defence modifiers have been "accidentally" left out of the equation.

2)
http://bluebus.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/aliens-meme.jpg

sister morphine
12-31-2014, 05:53 AM
I have summoned all my bosses from doing the LTQ. I have a mostly green screen from peeps attacking me as well. Don't repond back attacking, or robbing. Have a better than most IPH, no need. Happy gaming.
I do hit back one time on the green news items. It helps when the energy is running a little low - even spreading LTQ hits out to around one every few minutes still runs it down. :)

Thatkidyouknow
12-31-2014, 06:09 AM
We have been told that the rivals list is populated with players who have similar stats (mafia attack/defence) to our own. Fair enough. However, it now seems that a significant number of people are reporting most (95%+) of their rivals are far stronger in the mafia attack/defence department.

1) The effect of all those attack and defence modifiers have been "accidentally" left out of the equation.

2)

For some reason option number two makes more sense. Not sure why though......

iTzMeWaTeRrMaLoOoNe
12-31-2014, 06:20 AM

2)

Exactly, instead of the rivals DEFENCE being 1.5x your attack, the highest rival you should be able to see should be that the rivals ATTACK is 1.5x your attack. So, instead of me seeing players with 600m Def, I would see people with 600m Att.

General Dudus
12-31-2014, 06:53 AM
You can still summon bosses from losing a PVP fight

sister morphine
12-31-2014, 08:13 AM
You can still summon bosses from losing a PVP fight
You mean paid tha cost to beat tha boss? :p