PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how a power attack is calculated with the new update?

sevish
12-27-2014, 04:44 PM
We have tried them with little effect on fight outcomes. Im guessing it still only adds 50% to your att. But we still lost all of those attacks in battle with the gained attack, and close scores in accomplices and kingpin.

Captain Torgue
12-27-2014, 06:09 PM
We have tried them with little effect on fight outcomes. Im guessing it still only adds 50% to your att. But we still lost all of those attacks in battle with the gained attack, and close scores in accomplices and kingpin.

It never added 50% to your attack. For a regular attack before kingpins and accomplices you could beat someone all the time if their defense was 80% or less than your attack.

For example 100 mil attack could beat 80 mil defense all the time.

Power attacks are successful when their defense is 120% of your attack.

For example 100 mil attack could beat 120 mil defense all the time with power attacks.

Now you have to factor in accomplices and kingpin strengths to the equation as well.

cookamoo
12-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Check the first tab, it's fairly close. Made it the other day https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7PTSxkO5pAYdU1GUVZ2T2pUUjQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

cookamoo
12-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Power attack, appears to still only work towards mafia attack though.

sister morphine
12-28-2014, 01:35 AM
The screen in MW changes when you PA. You can see the boost to your stats... and it applies to the equipment and soldier categories (same as accomplices here) too.

There's no change to screens in CC. Whether that's a coding limitation or a glitch, who can tell.

Cain!!
12-28-2014, 12:03 PM
The pa not so good now. I hit a dl with a quick and lost our stats were close so I pa and lost. Did a slight adjustment to my accomplice did a quick and won

Dazzanic
12-28-2014, 02:11 PM
It appears to make sod all difference. Most of these battles are now a random lottery which you have to play, based on stats which you have no visibility of. Great fun? ...... Is it f*ck.