PDA

View Full Version : Another question on stats for Devs

Ozymandias
12-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Do the 2 equipment based segments of the battle calculation also include attacker defence vs defender attack parts, as is the case in the army power segment?

Agent Orange
12-23-2014, 04:32 AM
And here I thought you were going to ask whether they were getting new server hamsters for Christmas....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4065/4529836138_15afc22f58.jpg

bam bam.
12-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Orange said it pretty good.

As if they even know how it works, their would be at least 5 programming mistakes in there so...good luck haha

Reutdog
12-23-2014, 07:40 PM
They don't get it. Remember it's a 5 year old who's programming. My whole faction is losing when they're higher in all 3 categories. I've been Using PAs on DLs just to make sure they're going down. Funny thing is I STILL LOSE even when I'm over 70% higher in ALL categories.

Milburn Pennybags
12-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Do the 2 equipment based segments of the battle calculation also include attacker defence vs defender attack parts, as is the case in the army power segment?

All three segments use the same computation within their segment.

We understand that a lot of people have found this confusing, and are looking into ways to better surface this in game.

cjy11
12-24-2014, 12:42 AM
Hey DEV. I thought this new item thing was meant to favor the new players and close the gap between the strongest and the oldest?

Putting equipment in the LTQs only favor the old/strong players even more because they might have faster regen! I suggest you just put items as drops from battles, that way everyone has a fair chance of getting good items? What say you?

Ozymandias
12-24-2014, 01:20 AM

We understand that a lot of people have found this confusing, and are looking into ways to better surface this in game.

You need to display all six stats, and provide an easy way of people understanding how the Aa vs Dd and Ad vs Da bits within each segment interact and are weighted. Or alternatively boil it down to a single comparison within each segment. The reason people are "confused" is that all the relevant data isn't displayed and you haven't explained or communicated well enough.

Mr llama
12-24-2014, 01:25 AM

We understand that a lot of people have found this confusing, and are looking into ways to better surface this in game.It obvious you don't actually play the game, could we get a dev that actually does? If you did play you would realize how nothing is working. Before you could hit a player win some and lose some now you just lose or win no middle ground.