PDA

View Full Version : Is power attack actually working in 5.0 ?

Monteverdi
12-20-2014, 07:03 AM
It happened now twice to me, that I loose to players that I have power attacked. With the power attack which is correctly displayed in the battle result screen I had about 8b against 5.5b defense. I also had much higher army attack vs. army defense and a higher soldier attack vs. his soldier defense. So I beat him in all 3 yet I lost the battle.
Gree please look into this issue !

Ozymandias
12-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Nothing to do with power attacks... It's that your defence relative To his attack was too low, so you lost the first part of the match up, even though you won on your attack vs his defence

Monteverdi
12-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Nothing to do with power attacks... It's that your defence relative To his attack was too low, so you lost the first part of the match up, even though you won on your attack vs his defence

Ok maybe I missed something, so you are telling me that besides the 3 stats displayed there is a hidden one that calculates his attack vs. my defense even though I am the attacker ? That would make Gree's new method even more ridiculous than what I thought !

Ozymandias
12-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Yes... that's correct

Talahaski
12-20-2014, 10:40 AM
So is the other hidden computation boosted by a power attack or is it left as is on my side?

I've seen the same thing multiple times where I clearly win by a good margin on all 3 fronts.

I think there is something definitely wrong with power attack.

If my defense is not also boosted since I used pa, then what is the point of pa when I'm going lose. U pa when target is slightly stronger than you, which would mean their Att would also be stronger. So I my attack is not getting a modifier, I'm going to lose.

Expendables 2
12-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Power attack works for me :-)

Ozymandias
12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Don't know about hidden component, I did ask in the ama

rixon
12-20-2014, 01:49 PM
It worked for me as expected, I beat someone I definitely wouldn't have beat w/o a PA.

Drakhoan
12-20-2014, 02:50 PM
So is the other hidden computation boosted by a power attack or is it left as is on my side?

I've seen the same thing multiple times where I clearly win by a good margin on all 3 fronts.

I think there is something definitely wrong with power attack.

If my defense is not also boosted since I used pa, then what is the point of pa when I'm going lose. U pa when target is slightly stronger than you, which would mean their Att would also be stronger. So I my attack is not getting a modifier, I'm going to lose.

Agree with you, the PA boost is not applying in their hidden calc. Thought they were doing this to make it more fun and eaiser...

good gawd noooo
12-22-2014, 01:34 AM
there is definetly something wrong with what has been going on. I have lost on reg attacks and power attack against a foe that was half my atk normal and all 3 stats stacked up higher then his. used a normal attack as 3 hits went to wall.. lost thought wtf used a regen and pa'd him and lost again.. since his defense was already so low I should of won a normal attack there is nothing logical about him winning against a power attack as well... gree is trying to gives us something to hold onto(with the old ltbs out and a cheap +1 unit) to boost us a bit and give us something good to think about. however this 5.0 upgrade has really thrown the game in the toilet. I will admit I love being able to play any of my id's on any device(at the cost of several old accounts for players) and I like the recycleing to get rid of the 40k units I will never use again to a couple other features I actually like.. the addition of the avatar dress up and army dress up and the math involved has taken what was a loved and simple game and made it complicated. If the players wanted complicated they would never of stuck with mw for 3 years.. It was a simple strategy that players could figure out and work upto that made this game so addicting. now 3 years of hard work building stats that basically(yeah in real world they always meant nothing) mean nothing. Yes the new breed of players MIGHT enjoy this and the new players just starting out might love being able to catch up quickly to the old iron horses that have been around forever. But in making that possible gree has turned its back on the very people that made it last 3 years. Gree the update looks better.. and handles some issues of previous version BUT it has gotten a ton of glitches with it... fix the math the point of displaying the 3 parts of info is to show how you won or loss and your statements are win 2 of the 3 options and win the battle win all 3 and your golden.. well by the reports of many of your players including myself that is NOT true so fix it