PDA

View Full Version : "Stat Inflation"

Evan1000
12-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Alright what's with all of this stat inflation bs? Every response from every AMA to date has mentioned stat inflation, and every bad move they make is apparently geared towards fixing it.

Stat inflation is not something that can be solved, or reversed, it is something we must deal with because that is the nature of the game now. Stat inflation is nothing bad, it's not like the economy where money is made worthless after a while, stats will always stay the same and it really isn't that hard to catch up for new players.. for example, I was level 115 with 30m stats not too long ago.. now I'm level 137 and closing in on 200m stats.. not that it matters anymore.

Once people started spending money to gain stats.. there was no going back on stat inflation, and introducing these new "accomplices" is not what's going to make it better. It's not like the economy, where if inflation gets too high they take some money out of circulation.. because once people spend money on something that was advertised you can't take away what they bought or even decrease the value of it.. which is exactly what you did btw.. instead of them counting 100% they count 50%.. I'm surprised players in TAW haven't exploded yet.

Here's a thought, stop giving us attack and defense mods all the time. The stats aren't the problem, the ip bonuses are. The gap between the top 3 teams and everyone else is insane at the moment.. people were scoring 11m ip last war alone! Give an ip bonus to the T50, T100, even 250 teams. Give it as an EB prize or RB, not those stupid accomplices.

Also, the value of mods is way off. You give +5% mafia attack as a T1 prize but then a +10% mafia attack for T2 the next war? If I was in TAW I'd feel cheated.. not like they need the stats or not like it's my place to talk but that could very well be a future problem.

And one more thing.. why the living hell would you incorporate both attack AND defense to determine a winner in PvP? That defeats the whole purpose of having separate attack and defense stats completely and will keep many players from continuing on with this game as you really can't attack or rob anybody.. ESPECIALLY with this new rivals list which for some reason I'm finding guys that I would have had no hope of being able to beat even before this 6.0 update.

Looking forward to your response Engram, or Clementine, or anyone else.. if you guys bother to stop by.

Oh_TheHorror
12-19-2014, 06:23 PM
What's amazing to me is, there was no forethought. Did no one behind the game take time to think what would happen with the stat increase? I'm gonna guess not since nothing was done about it before now. So, because no one can see five feet in front of them, we have to suffer with this new convoluted system. I would rather they start hacking stats in half than doing what they are now.

cooch
12-19-2014, 06:46 PM
1. Dudes short term mgmt for bonuses and kudos then gone. Or should b gone soon if those execs still around
2. It's the math that's part of coding. The nosebleeds in taw and sas know what I am talking about. They have maxed out in some areas and there's nothing that can b done. Eventually top 20 etc will see it thus this new silly paradigm shift that they insist we will like
3. Take a computer and math class or ask a programmer friend what I am talking about. Better yet dig up an old thread by silent assasins or mzx explaining the issue. It's a real issue so get over it

Babytway
12-19-2014, 07:24 PM
i got to give it to GREE, they have look forward into stat inflation in the past the when the M4A1 got outta control they just made it the rusty M4A1. they are always on top of things like this

fuzzy
12-19-2014, 07:39 PM
i got to give it to GREE, they have look forward into stat inflation in the past the when the M4A1 got outta control they just made it the rusty M4A1. they are always on top of things like this

M4A1 will never be forgotten as the "Game Changer"

Evan1000
12-19-2014, 07:45 PM

I wouldn't exactly call making individual prizes not stack being on top of things lmao

cooch
12-19-2014, 09:13 PM
M4A1 will never be forgotten as the "Game Changer"

Those were days. Joined after they went rusty.

So this upcoming war will shake out a lot of gold players. Free players will just need to get used to top 250 or whatever. Just as mw players about current war. Fun times

1Shot
12-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Alright what's with all of this stat inflation bs? Every response from every AMA to date has mentioned stat inflation, and every bad move they do is geared towards fixing it.

Stat inflation is not something that can be solved, or reversed, it is something we must deal with because that is the nature of the game now. Stat inflation is nothing bad, it's not like the economy where money is made worthless after a while, stats will always stay the same and it really isn't that hard to catch up for new players.. for example, I was level 115 with 30m stats not too long ago.. now I'm level 137 and closing in on 200m stats.. not that it matters anymore.

Once people started spending money to gain stats.. there was no going back on stat inflation, and introducing these new "accomplices" is not what's going to make it better. It's not like the economy, where if inflation gets too high they take some money out of circulation.. because once people spend money on something that was advertised you can't take away what they bought or even decrease the value of it.. which is exactly what you did btw.. instead of them counting 100% they count 50%.. I'm surprised players in TAW haven't exploded yet.

Here's a thought, stop giving us attack and defense mods all the time. The stats aren't the problem, the ip bonuses are. The gap between the top 3 teams and everyone else is insane at the moment.. people were scoring 11m ip last war alone! Give an ip bonus to the T50, T100, even 250 teams. Give it as an EB prize or RB, not those stupid accomplices.

Also, the value of mods is way off. You give +5% mafia attack as a T1 prize but then a +10% mafia attack for T2 the next war? If I was in TAW I'd feel cheated.. not like they need the stats or not like it's my place to talk but that could very well be a future problem.

And one more thing.. why the living hell would you incorporate both attack AND defense to determine a winner in PvP? That defeats the whole purpose of having separate attack and defense stats completely and will keep many players from continuing on with this game as you really can't attack or rob anybody.. ESPECIALLY with this new rivals list which for some reason I'm finding guys that I would have had no hope of being able to beat even before this 6.0 update.

Looking forward to your response Engram, or Clementine, or anyone else.. if you guys bother to stop by.

Great points. I'm sure the staff will listen.

Dipstik
12-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Evan: every time you start writing one of these treatises, ask yourself whether someone else has already said it using far fewer words.

Brevity is the soul of wit, son.

Evan1000
12-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Evan: every time you start writing one of these treatises, ask yourself whether someone else has already said it using far fewer words.

Brevity is the soul of wit, son.

Brevity is indeed not the soul of wit.. or at least in this instance.. I could have wrote something that was straight to the point and boring to read.. but it wouldn't stick and would leave me open to arguments.. here it's very hard to go against what I said because I explained and worded it well and if you do find something wrong with what I wrote other than it's length, which I'm sure one of the GREE employees will try to, I'll be right on top of it to prove my point. I also needed to make up for saying the word grammarly.. lmfao.

You should see me in English class ;)

Dipstik
12-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Brevity is indeed not the soul of wit..

Stopped reading right there. You hurt my brain.

cooch
12-19-2014, 11:21 PM

Now hold your breath. Lmk how much they listen to ya as a mod.

cooch
12-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Stopped reading right there. You hurt my brain.

Just wait to see what he and others post after war. Lol.

Weasel
12-20-2014, 12:49 AM
TL;DR.

Stat inflation caused all those players with top stats to basically max out the limits on the coding. Gree had to fix something so that their best customers wouldn't all of a sudden have beaten the game.

So it wasn't that the inflation is or was noticably a bad thing. It's going to continue, stats will keep growing, and with additional elements introduced Gree will be able to offer more variety and players will be able to pursue more goals.

-Batman-
12-20-2014, 02:23 AM

If they did listen to there players we wouldn't have this this dumb rivals list that NO one wants

Thatkidyouknow
12-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Where was the common sense in this update besides the upgraded respect items you can purchase and the ONE DEFENSIVE BUILDING that is far greater than the rest?

Green Drake
12-20-2014, 06:35 AM
They didn't stop stat inflation here. They accelerated it. But by changing the base line numbers of the accomplices to something that is not our norm they can claim they stopped inflation. They are just trying to fool us by not adding all the zeros at the end if the accomplices stats.
Very quick efficient way to cause gold spenders to have to spend more so that free to moderate $ cash players can't catch them.

Babytway
12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
free to moderate players are never suppose to catch up to heavy gold spenders, thats why they spend gold and we dont

Nighteg
12-20-2014, 06:54 AM
free to moderate players are never suppose to catch up to heavy gold spenders, thats why they spend gold and we dont

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Winnson
12-20-2014, 06:58 AM
Brevity's wit.

Green Drake
12-20-2014, 07:37 AM

Correct but with the amount of att mods that have been handed out they could be robbed or attacked successfully.

Max Power
12-20-2014, 10:04 AM

Took em 6 months and 50 threads to figure that one out. Made it just shy of 500 when they did, and I was grateful to be done with that little shooting gallery. That got pretty old.

sister morphine
12-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Brevity is indeed not the soul of wit.. or at least in this instance.. I could have wrote something that was straight to the point and boring to read.. but it wouldn't stick and would leave me open to arguments.. here it's very hard to go against what I said because I explained and worded it well and if you do find something wrong with what I wrote other than it's length, which I'm sure one of the GREE employees will try to, I'll be right on top of it to prove my point. I also needed to make up for saying the word grammarly.. lmfao.

You should see me in English class ;)
Did they teach you that old quip, "I apologise for writing you such a long letter. I didn't have time to write you a short one"? :)

sister morphine
12-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Correct but with the amount of att mods that have been handed out they could be robbed or attacked successfully.
Maybe that's what this is about. Big spenders cry about being robbed by "leeches", so Gree introduce a new factor which given a couple of cycles will mean those who get the best accomplices from the end of energy hungry LTQs will become immune except to each other. The pecking order will be...

1. Players whose syndicates complete all events, and who finish iLTQs and mostly "complete" box events. Also Top 10 in war

2. As above, but don't do iLTQs. Below Top 10 in war.

3. Players who syndicates complete some but not all events. Below Top 10 in war.

4. Campers

Green Drake
12-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Look at the new prize for top ten.

sister morphine
12-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Look at the new prize for top ten.
I should've included top 10 and better for war in group 1 :rolleyes:

Evan1000
12-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Did they teach you that old quip, "I apologise for writing you such a long letter. I didn't have time to write you a short one"? :)

Haha no but I'm going to use that from now on ;)

Max Power
12-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Maybe that's what this is about. Big spenders cry about being robbed by "leeches".....

Actually, big spenders mostly cant get robbed by leeches, campers and non-gold spenders do.

Captain Torgue
12-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Alright what's with all of this stat inflation bs? Every response from every AMA to date has mentioned stat inflation, and every bad move they make is apparently geared towards fixing it.

Too LONG DIDNT READ!!!!!!

Evan1000
12-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Too LONG DIDNT READ!!!!!!

TLDR stands for too lazy didn't read

#smug

sister morphine
12-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Actually, big spenders mostly cant get robbed by leeches, campers and non-gold spenders do.
That's why I wrote "leeches" not leeches, meaning players with good enough stats who haven't mortgaged their lives to a phone game ;)

My2cents
12-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Does no one recall a while back when all the moaning about inflation and Gree actually listened and gave out basic prizes? People stopped taking part because of the horrible items. Sounds like all here hate the inflation, but also cry about the no good prizes.

John_Locke
12-21-2014, 04:12 AM
TLDR stands for too lazy didn't read

#smug

The 13th amendment makes it illegal to own people like that.

Evan1000
12-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm still awaiting a response from any GREE employee as I'm sure they have some way to defend their point of view on the topic at hand

John_Locke
12-21-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm still awaiting a response from any GREE employee as I'm sure they have some way to defend their point of view on the topic at hand

It's the weekend, dude. They'll be back to ignore you tomorrow.

Evan1000
12-22-2014, 09:08 PM
It's the weekend, dude. They'll be back to ignore you tomorrow.

Well you were right about the ignoring part

John_Locke
12-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Well you were right about the ignoring part

:(

#characters

Evan1000
12-22-2014, 09:46 PM
:(

#characters

Lmao, it was wrong of me to expect anything more of GREE than to respond to a thread

Winnson
12-23-2014, 04:19 AM
1. Dudes short term mgmt for bonuses and kudos then gone. Or should b gone soon if those execs still around
2. It's the math that's part of coding. The nosebleeds in taw and sas know what I am talking about. They have maxed out in some areas and there's nothing that can b done. Eventually top 20 etc will see it thus this new silly paradigm shift that they insist we will like
3. Take a computer and math class or ask a programmer friend what I am talking about. Better yet dig up an old thread by silent assasins or mzx explaining the issue. It's a real issue so get over it

Yeah, this is CC's Y2K.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Gree developers, if I give you an easy fix to stat inflation that makes sense, would you cancel this change and implement the proposal? It would be ten times easier, and would make a lot of sense.

Whadaya say?

John_Locke
12-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Gree developers, if I give you an easy fix to stat inflation that makes sense, would you cancel this change and implement the proposal? It would be ten times easier, and would make a lot of sense.

Whadaya say?

You've been around long enough to know the answer to that question.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-23-2014, 04:42 PM
You've been around long enough to know the answer to that question.

Sigh. I don't actually think developers read anything on the forums. At least not regularly. How awesome would it be if I did get a private message from a developer asking, what is it you had in mind?

Even if they didn't or couldn't implement the idea, it would still be cool, and I would have a lot more respect for them. Not that I don't respect them. Just the job they do...

bfsu99
12-23-2014, 05:09 PM
GREE successfully helped me to greatly reduce my playing time. And i finally think of retire for all 3 accounts. Thanks a lot.

Evan1000
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Sleazy I need your expert opinion on something.. when my tattoo parlors are finished should I work on maxing out my fish stores or souvenir stores? Or maybe even my Italian restaurants

And completely agree with what you said

surfinguy369
12-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Evan sell those buildings and just upgrade the ltbs

Evan1000
12-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Evan sell those buildings and just upgrade the ltbs

When I'm not upgrading an LTB.. or any useful build for that matter.. I upgrade my crappy builds for fun.. it's just that that is a majority of the time so I've been able to max out a lot of the builds and I made it a personal goal to max out most if not all of them

surfinguy369
12-23-2014, 09:19 PM
When I'm not upgrading an LTB.. or any useful build for that matter.. I upgrade my crappy builds for fun.. it's just that that is a majority of the time so I've been able to max out a lot of the builds and I made it a personal goal to max out most if not all of them

I started the same way then sold them all and now only have the ltbs in my hood. Saves a lot of space and I don't ever have to expand my hood anymore.

oderus_urungus
12-24-2014, 12:07 AM
No no no sale bulding make more monies for gre no make it

Evan1000
12-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey QueenPin, since you're the only GREE employee to show up for weeks, may you help shed some light on this stat inflation philosophy of yours?

Jcw9811
12-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Come on Evan u have been on these forums long enough to know that GREE employees don't do their job. Don't expect a response from them ever unless it's to stop a pointless thread or if two people r going at each other. They r all over that in an instant, but when there is a legit thread that needs their answers they go into hiding like a bunch of damn cowards, truly pathetic of them. I would be ashamed to call myself a GREE employee

TMI
12-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Come on Evan u have been on these forums long enough to know that GREE employees don't do their job. Don't expect a response from them ever unless it's to stop a pointless thread or if two people r going at each other. They r all over that in an instant, but when there is a legit thread that needs their answers they go into hiding like a bunch of damn cowards, truly pathetic of them. I would be ashamed to call myself a GREE employee

Or they come on to locks threads or stifle dissidents.

A Mod can response to the original query of the OP, or...

IBTL ;)

Jcw9811
12-29-2014, 11:06 PM
That's also true TMI but still the mods in here are pretty much a waste of space. The non GREE employee mods respond more often then the people getting paid to be mods and even they are useless since all they say is good point the mods r sure to listen, yeah like that is going to happen.

Winnson
12-30-2014, 06:36 AM

It's not their fault I don't think. I honestly believe that they really don't know, same as us, and that's why they're not saying anything.

Evan1000
12-30-2014, 07:27 AM
It's not their fault I don't think. I honestly believe that they really don't know, same as us, and that's why they're not saying anything.

Of course they know.. we did a debate similar to this in history class, where for whatever reason the Gap (clothing store) was selling a shirt that clearly stated 'Manifest Destiny' and we had to debate on whether or not he was right to do that.

Apparently he tweeted 'Manifest Destiny: Survival of the fittest' then tried to play it off as he didn't know what the word meant.

Back on topic, you can't mass produce anything (either a shirt or a phone game) without knowing exactly what it is you're putting out. GREE knows exactly what they're doing, and it's fine, they're just doing it wrong.

If they introduced these accomplices at the beginning of the month, it would've been fine. We would've had plenty of chances to acquire these new game changers and had plenty of time to understand how exactly they work before battle. Instead, they released them a week before battle, giving is no time to do squat, and either everyone could beat everyone or you were screwed the entire battle. (Like AK-47 in TAW.. 1.7 bil defense but 1/0 in accomplices, there were people's minis beating him).

It's GREE's fault for all of the confusion. They failed to have common sense at something a 16 year old could figure much faster than they can.

(P.S. If you guys are interested in knowing how I won that debate.. I told one of the girls on the other team that was an ugly shirt she was wearing, and asked the whole class if I meant what I said or did I not know what the word ugly meant ;))

Max Power
12-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Of course they know.. we did a debate similar to this in history class, where for whatever reason the Gap (clothing store) was selling a shirt that clearly stated 'Manifest Destiny' and we had to debate on whether or not he was right to do that.

Apparently he tweeted 'Manifest Destiny: Survival of the fittest' then tried to play it off as he didn't know what the word meant.

Back on topic, you can't mass produce anything (either a shirt or a phone game) without knowing exactly what it is you're putting out. GREE knows exactly what they're doing, and it's fine, they're just doing it wrong.

If they introduced these accomplices at the beginning of the month, it would've been fine. We would've had plenty of chances to acquire these new game changers and had plenty of time to understand how exactly they work before battle. Instead, they released them a week before battle, giving is no time to do squat, and either everyone could beat everyone or you were screwed the entire battle. (Like AK-47 in TAW.. 1.7 bil defense but 1/0 in accomplices, there were people's minis beating him).

It's GREE's fault for all of the confusion. They failed to have common sense at something a 16 year old could figure much faster than they can.

(P.S. If you guys are interested in knowing how I won that debate.. I told one of the girls on the other team that was an ugly shirt she was wearing, and asked the whole class if I meant what I said or did I not know what the word ugly meant ;))

Well, that settles it...LOL!

If only the free world could get these high school debate highlights more often, problems solved.

Dipstik
12-30-2014, 08:49 AM
I don't get it... what was the topic being debated? Something about a shirt?

Evan1000
12-30-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't get it... what was the topic being debated? Something about a shirt?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/gap-pulls-manifest-destiny-t-shirt-from-shelves-after-social-media-outcry/blogEntry?id=17508816&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

It was an actual thing, which years later found it's way into my 11th grade U.S. history curriculum

But back to the topic of stat inflation.. someone start a flame war so the mods at least have to look at this thread

Lmao

Evan1000
12-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Well, that settles it...LOL!

If only the free world could get these high school debate highlights more often, problems solved.

Right! Then the world would be so much easier

I'm running for president in 14 or so years be sure to remember me from the wonderful world of Crime City ;)

Dipstik
12-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Some things should not be debated. Don't like it, don't buy it. I own shirts way more offensive than that. No one should shop at the gap anyway, but there's nothing offensive about that shirt.

Evan1000
12-31-2014, 01:28 PM
Some things should not be debated. Don't like it, don't buy it. I own shirts way more offensive than that. No one should shop at the gap anyway, but there's nothing offensive about that shirt.

I wasn't debating on if it was offensive, I could honestly care less what people think and buy.. my whole argument was did he know what the word Manifest Destiny meant, and the answer is yes, noone is that stupid

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Some people don't know they need democracy. That's where Murcia comes in. Spreading democracy one drone strike at a time.

Evan1000
02-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Hello Relic! Our newest forum admin, may you please succeed in what others have failed to do before you? And that is to give a meaningful response to this thread! If not, I'll settle for an 'I like turtles" response.

Evan1000
02-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Is that a no? Yes? Maybe?

Yes?

Sam@
02-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Kingdom age and modern war are both removing kingpin/accomplices.

Evan1000
03-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Bump. Annoyed my last thread was deleted.

Max Power
03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Bump. Annoyed my last thread was deleted.

You broke every rule in that thread, and admitted to lying to Gree in an attempt to get gold back.

I am surprised YOU weren't deleted.

TheJess
03-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Evan, your meaningful and informative thread was appreciated.

Evan1000
03-27-2015, 04:43 PM
You broke every rule in that thread, and admitted to lying to Gree in an attempt to get gold back.

I am surprised YOU weren't deleted.

Yeah, but that thread was great. I wonder if any of those GREE employees I was talking to got to see it before it was taken down

Evan1000
03-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Evan, your meaningful and informative thread was appreciated.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. If it isn't, glad I could help. If it is, still glad I could help

HavingFun
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Your other thread did make me lol. I also liked the post from nightkeg in regards to CS's advice on building defense buildings.

1Shot
03-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Please keep this thread on topic or else I'm going to have to lock it.

Calzs
03-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Stat increase from the recent raid boss is a little overpowered... I almost have the same raw attack as my leader, who has 8x higher stats than me

TheJess
03-27-2015, 09:14 PM
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. If it isn't, glad I could help. If it is, still glad I could help

Not sarcasm at all. The information was quite revealing, and provided precisely the type of player helping player information one normally finds in a gamer forum, but rarely find in this one.

And regarding your original topic in this thread, yes, the,new round of,stat inflation going on now indicates we can expect semi-yearly rounds rendering stats gained in prior months of deprecated relative value. The current event round may very well instantaneously double many people's stats.

sister morphine
03-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Active players will benefit, and that's fine. I'm expecting another hike in raid boss health if MW is a guide (lvl 35 up are now over a billion health there, but don't read too much into that - players who exploited last epic boss to the max have stats in the hundreds of billions or higher(!) and can do billions of damage with a QA).

Inactive players are the losers, but also players above 250 who are being shafted for no good reason. It's bad enough between 201-250.

Nighteg
03-28-2015, 03:10 AM
Next RB will have almost 27b HP. You're welcome.

Calzs
03-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Next RB will have almost 27b HP. You're welcome.
What was the previous?

Winnson
03-28-2015, 05:24 AM
19 Billion

Calzs
03-28-2015, 05:39 AM
19 Billion

What's the issue then? Only gone up my 1.5x (not even that)

Winnson
03-28-2015, 06:46 AM
Yeah that's not a good idea to post on the forums, or you might just be in for a really unpleasant boss health surprise.

cooch
03-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Yeah that's not a good idea to post on the forums, or you might just be in for a really unpleasant boss health surprise.
Umm, yeah they can't help themselves. Doing that here on forum for years. Never seem to wise up.

Nighteg
03-28-2015, 06:55 AM
What's the issue then? Only gone up my 1.5x (not even that)

Impossible x1.5 = impossible.