PDA

View Full Version : How many people lost atk/def by recycling units?

Noghri_ViR
12-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Just a quick little poll here. I lost almost 1.6b by recycling my units with bonuses on them. At the time 5.0 came out I recycled one unit, killed the game, loaded it back up and my stats were the same so I thought it was safe to do the rest that were displayed as not being in my army. Boy was I wrong to trust Gree.

I did some testing last night and on iOS, using the latest version of MW. I deleted a unit, killed the game and went back into my character profile to see how long it took for my stats to update. Using a stopwatch I found that it took 9 minutes and 38 seconds for my profile stats to update.

I'm going to argue that it's morally wrong for Gree to continue allowing this feature to be in game, without a great big warning that tells people that bonus units are still counting as being in your army, even if they don't display so. People have spent money on this game and have lost those units due to Gree saying "we did rigorous testings before releasing this version" and trusting them. This is a poorly designed feature and some common sense should have been used when creating it.

Domino_brown
12-19-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't understand why someone would recycle a boost unit, even if it doesn't make your army the boost is still applied . I'm aware that no boost units show as "in army" but why would ever recycle a boost unit any way?

I am sorry for your loss though ...

Arc9761
12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
On droids, the boost label isn't displayed.
That's how it might have been sold.

KCjamss
12-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Why would you "test" recycling a boost unit? Sorry but just look at the 1.6b as a stupid tax.

Noghri_ViR
12-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Why would you "test" recycling a boost unit? Sorry but just look at the 1.6b as a stupid tax.

Because they were shown as not in my army and some boost items don't stack. I assumed that the ones showing up there didn't stack. Plus when they were removed from my army my stats didn't change for quite awhile

MW Flake
12-19-2014, 09:34 PM
See post #3. Being around as long as you have there is no excuse for not knowing that boosts count, in your army or not. All of this was learned back during Full Frontal Assault. If you knew well enough that only SOME don't stack, then you should have known which didn't, or at least asked first.