PDA

View Full Version : Are Attack and Defense "Skill Points" effective

Lift Ticket
12-19-2014, 12:52 PM
With all the new changes to WD and the general PvP aspect of the game, are the skill points being calculated into the algrorythm?

I've been hearing people lose battles even though the attack score is higher but equipment (army and/or soldier) attack is less than their opponent. I have had significant less soldier/army equip and won a few battles that I would have figured to lose. For example, my army / soldier attack was 53/11 to my opponents army/soldier defense of 63/16 yet I won every battle?

Anyone else seeing this?

Dockman
12-20-2014, 12:36 PM
With all the new changes to WD and the general PvP aspect of the game, are the skill points being calculated into the algrorythm?

I've been hearing people lose battles even though the attack score is higher but equipment (army and/or soldier) attack is less than their opponent. I have had significant less soldier/army equip and won a few battles that I would have figured to lose. For example, my army / soldier attack was 53/11 to my opponents army/soldier defense of 63/16 yet I won every battle?

Anyone else seeing this?

Hey Lift Ticket, long time no see. I have Attack / Defense skill points too from the beginning of the game when I thought they were worth something. Obviously GREE isn't going to answer your message because they still aren't being calculated. I have lost several battles that before the armor, I would have won.

I would like to see GREE address your question, too. Thanks for bringing it up.

Dockman
My new and improved name ----> Posse Comitatus

Ozymandias
12-20-2014, 12:55 PM
The army part of the equation also includes a defender attack vs attacker defence part, which isn't shown.... You need to allow for this in your calculation to be sure you do actually win the 50% part, even if it shows you as winning the attacker attack versus defender defence match up

MW Flake
12-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Gree has answered this twice now. They have said that at this time skill points are NOT currently being added. However they intend to apply them in the near future, at which point a reset will be given.

Drakhoan
12-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Gree has answered this twice now. They have said that at this time skill points are NOT currently being added. However they intend to apply them in the near future, at which point a reset will be given.

I am so looking forward to them being relevant. Can you imagine how that will through things off after they get all this equipment stuff worked out!

Dirty Mind
12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
I am so looking forward to them being relevant. Can you imagine how that will through things off after they get all this equipment stuff worked out!

I look forward to the attack I spent 2.5 years building up being relevant again. I took a screenshot of a loss where I was 8b stronger but lost on this new equipment idiocy by 5/23. I'm guessing that 1 equipment def = 2b alliance att.

Drakhoan
12-20-2014, 11:12 PM
I look forward to the attack I spent 2.5 years building up being relevant again. I took a screenshot of a loss where I was 8b stronger but lost on this new equipment idiocy by 5/23. I'm guessing that 1 equipment def = 2b alliance att.

Agree! Didn't start on that since this was about skill points. Stats should be KING with everything else should add to the odds/random element. Someone at twice the stats should be able to attack their opponent and win a minimum of 3 out of 4 times or more... see you got me started! Bottom line GREE did stats DIRTY.

Yee
12-20-2014, 11:42 PM
In short, they want us to spend more trying to chase the minimums set by each factions, as all of us are losing fights without knowing when do we win/lose. Unscrupulous !

Ozymandias
12-21-2014, 12:03 AM
Its easy not to lose fights... You just need to allow a bigger attack/defence margin than before

Dirty Mind
12-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Its easy not to lose fights... You just need to allow a bigger attack/defence margin than before

Idiot. Try reading this forum a bit. I've lost to people who's defense is 15% of my attack. The only way to beat someone now is to have higher equipment. This is a way to try to increase spending because if you sit out ONE event, like I did, the previous 2.5 years of building your character are obsolete.

Ozymandias
12-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Idiot. Try reading this forum a bit. I've lost to people who's defense is 15% of my attack. The only way to beat someone now is to have higher equipment. This is a way to try to increase spending because if you sit out ONE event, like I did, the previous 2.5 years of building your character are obsolete.

Lol, well that's your problem.. If you didn't want to lose battles then obviously you needed the equipment, and to allow for the change in stats calculation. ..