PDA

View Full Version : Where is Morgan Freeman?

Captain Torgue
12-18-2014, 03:38 PM
I need him to explain this to me in his soothing voice so that I understand >>>

We’ve gotten a lot of questions about how battle calculations work, so we want to give more context on that.

The calculation is about 50% mafia power, 30% equipment power, and 20% kingpin power. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome.

A lot of people have asked about how the skill points influence the battle. The answer is, skill points have the same modification impact on the player’s attack and defense that they have always had, and are applied the same way to accomplices and accomplices that have joined your mafia. We likely will change this in the future, and are looking into adding a way to allow players to reallocate their skill points to be fair to everyone.

A lot of people have also asked more about the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense. The answer is that they are not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if my attack is exactly evenly matched with your defense, then your attack versus my defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Several people have asked whether we “cap” the win/loss in a given category. The answer is basically that it ranges from “total win” to “total loss”. In other words, let’s say I have 1B mafia attack and you have 1 defense. I will win 100% of the mafia segment.

Several people have asked why the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. We are considering how we can surface this information to you better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats we chose to surface. We're definitely looking for more ways in the future to make things clearer to everyone, and also for new ways to make the feature more fun and exciting.

HavingFun
12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Morgan's at the gym. Today is legs and buttocks day.

Gr3g
12-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I think AMA was a crap shoot they (gree) only made 7 posts...Clementine doesn't count lol and 2 of those post were crap stuff like

Totally understand.

It pains me personally when we aren't providing the Crime City community the quality game you deserve.

that don't really help anything only thing it did was make my day, it was kind of funny lol but other then that they did really say anything its kind of like we made all this great stuff but you have to read for 10 hours to get an idea on how to use it

cooch
12-18-2014, 08:17 PM
I need him to explain this to me in his soothing voice so that I understand >>>
@

We’ve gotten a lot of questions about how battle calculations work, so we want to give more context on that.

The calculation is about 50% mafia power, 30% equipment power, and 20% kingpin power. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome.

A lot of people have asked about how the skill points influence the battle. The answer is, skill points have the same modification impact on the player’s attack and defense that they have always had, and are applied the same way to accomplices and accomplices that have joined your mafia. We likely will change this in the future, and are looking into adding a way to allow players to reallocate their skill points to be fair to everyone.

A lot of people have also asked more about the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense. The answer is that they are not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if my attack is exactly evenly matched with your defense, then your attack versus my defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Several people have asked whether we “cap” the win/loss in a given category. The answer is basically that it ranges from “total win” to “total loss”. In other words, let’s say I have 1B mafia attack and you have 1 defense. I will win 100% of the mafia segment.

Several people have asked why the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. We are considering how we can surface this information to you better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats we chose to surface. We're definitely looking for more ways in the future to make things clearer to everyone, and also for new ways to make the feature more fun and exciting.

Gotta play the bobby McFarin toon "don't worry be happy" at the same time you have Morgan read this.

Rodimus
12-18-2014, 08:51 PM
The last AMA was excellent because of forum user "The Solution" had 14 questions streamlined in great detail in which Engram answered.

John_Locke
12-18-2014, 10:40 PM
The last AMA was excellent

Let's play a game of "spot the troll"!

The AMA answered very few questions, most of which could have been summed up in a two paragraph announcement of what was new in the 6.0 update. Actual questions went largely unanswered.

smokey77
12-18-2014, 10:50 PM
The AMA was a joke. No answer to most questions of importance. Someone even asked if that was Engrams real picture in the avatar and that got an answer, says it all really.

aarondavidsdad
12-19-2014, 06:41 AM
I'm still confused. Isn't mafia power based on your equipment power? Would someone explain how they are different? In the old version (pre-6.0) each mafia member were equipped with 5 items from your inventory: 1 gun, 1 armor, 1 explosive, 1 melee, and 1 vehicle.

How can I be losing robs to players with a defense millions (plural) less than my attack. I was beating these same people days ago. This wouldn't have been an issue had the game not forced me to update.

John_Locke
12-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Short answer: mafia power takes individual and syndicate bonuses (+10% gun attack, etc.) and applies them to your equipment power, which is what you'd have if you didn't have any bonuses.

Nighteg
12-19-2014, 10:17 AM
So equipment power = your raw?