PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Power

Pudgy Pumpkin
12-18-2014, 02:45 PM
This is from the Dev AMA:

"The calculation is about 50% mafia power, 30% equipment power, and 20% kingpin power. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome."

What exactly is Equipment Power and how does it differ from the equipment used to calculate mafia power?

Weasel
12-18-2014, 02:46 PM
One can only hope that they meant "accomplice power" and simply had a typo caused by such a hectic and fast paced AMA.

Still answers next to nothing though.

Green Drake
12-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Still answers next to nothing though.
Pretty much the theme of the entire AMA. But at least they did thank us for coming.

cooch
12-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Lmao as expected not a lot of info in AMA and a lot of non sequitur questions. Just let it all play out. This upcoming war will be very interesting. When app developer vague on changes and how to adapt to changes come change by players. Most gold players will stick around with normal to higher attrition. Free players will put up with it as it's free. SOS

Nighteg
12-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Worst AMA ever :D

Matthew Holmes
12-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Not until I know exactly what the heck is going on! Won't waste a dime until I know how to relocate any points I need to in order to start winning attacks and robs again. If they messed that up in not chanceing they mess the pvp event up also

Fredfreddy
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
To be fair, they've never been super-specific to how stuff works. The "80%" rule for attacking in war, the "be at least half of their defense" rule for robbing, Billionaire's EB guide and the tier structure, and really all strategy in the game are figured out by players. I'm sure it will take a few cycles but we'll figure it out (once they start displaying the defender's attack stats)

Green Drake
12-18-2014, 03:50 PM
To be fair, they've never been super-specific to how stuff works. The "80%" rule for attacking in war, the "be at least half of their defense" rule for robbing, Billionaire's EB guide and the tier structure, and really all strategy in the game are figured out by players. I'm sure it will take a few cycles but we'll figure it out (once they start displaying the defender's attack stats)
Doesn't matter what they display. I can't beat anyone on my rival list which they seem to think is working correctly.

cooch
12-18-2014, 03:54 PM

True however the early days of any game app developer forum is full of players helping players. Then developers use the info to make game harder/adjust for more $/correct for flaws. Then comes the tipping point where changes begin to bring whining and defections. You don't see much in the way of game play assistance from players in forum although in third party chat apps a different story.

The difference is the other competitors still keep players engaged with much more detailed pre warns of changes, allow players to develop feedback and remove the whiners/ridiculous posters. They also update to correct for errors more often that Gree does.

The game app world saw a 3+% decrease in spend this year. We may be at the tipping point where game app saturation has hit globally. So app developers need to try harder to keep the $ spenders. Gree looks to be SOSDD but we will see. Hard to see uptake of new gold players in less than clear how to play environment and keep the ones spending that have not been tipped off about changes motivated.

Also gree's US mgmt went very short term with stat inflation and now it seems they want to cap it because they are reaching the limits of coding math with stat inflation. Laughable frankly. Let's hope it works out for all. The upcoming war will be interesting.

Pudgy Pumpkin
12-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Doesn't matter what they display. I can't beat anyone on my rival list which they seem to think is working correctly.

Yup. Me too. Takes way to long to find anyone I can beat. I'm just finding players I know prefer to camp and dropping 0-20 XP bombs on them.