PDA

View Full Version : Lost Games Approaching the 20 percent mark

Speed ump
12-17-2014, 07:27 AM
The lost games from the current update have no far exceeded the number of people that were locked out previously. Games that did work at first, have gone lost. There are still people who had lost games before this, that do not have their games back. Seems like GREE's hope for a big holiday spending push will be greatly dampened by the mismanagement of this whole affair. Not to mention that once games are lost and gone for an extended period of time, they have greatly increased the chances of that player never returning to the game. They will have been weaned from their addiction, and just plain tired of the many many non stop issues. Also for any who have not discovered this already, any game you had previously is automatically already linked to whatever original gamecenter account you had when you started that game. People with multiple games are in trouble of the same Game Center account was used on all. The chances are high you will lose one or more of your games. I don't think Game Center was really set up to handle multiples of the same game.

Stubby1113
12-17-2014, 07:30 AM
I have 4 accounts with same Game Center id and don't have an issue. Sounds like your theory is flawed.

Kefa
12-17-2014, 07:45 AM
The lost games from the current update have no far exceeded the number of people that were locked out previously. Games that did work at first, have gone lost. There are still people who had lost games before this, that do not have their games back. Seems like GREE's hope for a big holiday spending push will be greatly dampened by the mismanagement of this whole affair. Not to mention that once games are lost and gone for an extended period of time, they have greatly increased the chances of that player never returning to the game. They will have been weaned from their addiction, and just plain tired of the many many non stop issues. Also for any who have not discovered this already, any game you had previously is automatically already linked to whatever original gamecenter account you had when you started that game. People with multiple games are in trouble of the same Game Center account was used on all. The chances are high you will lose one or more of your games. I don't think Game Center was really set up to handle multiples of the same game.

I have multiples and had each device logged in to the same game center acct. I didn't lose any game accts, but when I did the update each one ended up linked to the same game ctr login whether I wanted to or not. The effect is that on the device I did choose to link I can now access the games that were on the other devices with the in-game select feature, even though I didn't choose to link those ones at the time of the update to 5.0.

I think the big issue happens when a device used to be logged into a different game center login. Even though it wasn't linked, an older game from the Funzio days will be linked to the game center login that was used back then, and if you have a new GC login to go with the global Apple ID, when you try to link it to the newer GC it may create a new game instead of opening the original one.

beerandbones22
12-17-2014, 08:49 AM
I know several players that have lost their accounts the reason is simple it wasn't their account to start with they bought them or it was gave to them. Last time I checked that is against TOS. I'm sure there are some that legitimately got screwed by the update but not all. A review of the accounts in limbo will find a majority of them should be banned for voilating TOS.

Speed ump
12-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Many of the people losing games were using all on one Game Center. And people whose games originally worked, have since gone missing. Stuby, hopefully dosnt happn to you, but it has happened to a good number of people. I have several games in multiple diff games. if I log I to game center, it will ask each time I open one, of I want to load the first game I started with that game app. I'm sure each company can decide how they want to use Game Center, and we the great people at gree helping us in this game, with their wonderful track record of glitch free updates. Seems most of us don't get hot and bothered by the issues unless we are directly affected ourselves. I am not affected, but know many who are. I've been able to help a few through some trial and error, but many others are still stuck out. Glad to see some people helping share how they've solved their own problems here.

Vegaman
12-17-2014, 10:44 AM
I know several players that have lost their accounts the reason is simple it wasn't their account to start with they bought them or it was gave to them. Last time I checked that is against TOS. I'm sure there are some that legitimately got screwed by the update but not all. A review of the accounts in limbo will find a majority of them should be banned for voilating TOS.

Rubbish !,, my games from another mother still work when i upgraded.

Mila Relyt
12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Multiple android and 2 iOS, same Google play or Game Center ID now can select any on any of these devices. After reading many of the posts, I double checked the Game Center ID before I upgraded. Some of the androids won't upgrade due to insufficient memory and those accounts couldn't link to the others. Funzio ID not working to get them into another device that can upgrade. Ticket sent

Ironman3503
12-17-2014, 03:57 PM
I was playing two different accounts with same game center info and now I have mini on both devices. It's strange though as I still get notified of attacks and raids on my main id. It's like account is there but I can't access it and no response from gree almost a week later.

Chris_
12-17-2014, 04:54 PM
My game was originally linked to a old Game Center account from before gree. But after I got a new device I changed my GC account to a new one almost a year ago. My account has never switched hands and the only time it was transferred was done by support. After I updated I played it for a few min checking it out. Then I logged off for a few min and when I jumped back on it was a new account. Tried logging into the old GC account but it didn't help. The weird thing is all my achievements are still shown in both but I still can't get my game back.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-17-2014, 05:08 PM
The issue is, as Mr. Ump indicated, the ever increasing number of people locked out of their games.
At his estimate of 20% (which I deem conservative), this is a very big problem.
I'd say its closer to 40-50% of people locked out, or missing their games.

I have no solution, other than water will seek its own level.
Mr. Ump is quite correct that less a tapper taps, he or she tends to overcome the monkey on his or her back.
That's a problem for those that want the monkey to remain on the tapper's back.
That's respite for the tapper.

Kefa
12-17-2014, 05:23 PM
My game was originally linked to a old Game Center account from before gree. But after I got a new device I changed my GC account to a new one almost a year ago. My account has never switched hands and the only time it was transferred was done by support. After I updated I played it for a few min checking it out. Then I logged off for a few min and when I jumped back on it was a new account. Tried logging into the old GC account but it didn't help. The weird thing is all my achievements are still shown in both but I still can't get my game back.

Perfect explanation - I hope someone sees this.

Try deleting MW from off your device, and tell it "yes" when it asks to delete Game Center data. Then log out of Game Center and log in to the old Game Center login. Then reinstall Modern War and launch it... just a desperate grab at a possibility, but something like that has worked for a few people.

thescondo
12-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Game is still missing - No repose from Gree - Merry Christmas - Big thank you

Now I have to spend time with the family :mad: