PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the new formula of PvP (with equipment)?

yoyo1
12-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I am trying to understand it before WD...
Before it was simple - it was something like:
Attack:
AttackPower X (random X 5% + 1) Vs DefensePower X (random X 5% + 1)
If you PA:
AttackPower X (random X 5% + 1.5) Vs DefensePower X (random X 5% + 1)

Now it is not clear.
Do I need to win 2 out of 3?
I think not. Because I fight against weak players (for testing, I never fight outside of WD) that are better equipped and I win 1 out of 3 but I still win the whole fight.

Scott Freeman
12-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I can explain it sucks! That's how it works! What an awful update

I am trying to understand it before WD...
Before it was simple - it was something like:
Attack:
AttackPower X (random X 5% + 1) Vs DefensePower X (random X 5% + 1)
If you PA:
AttackPower X (random X 5% + 1.5) Vs DefensePower X (random X 5% + 1)

Now it is not clear.
Do I need to win 2 out of 3?
I think not. Because I fight against weak players (for testing, I never fight outside of WD) that are better equipped and I win 1 out of 3 but I still win the whole fight.

Dirty Mind
12-16-2014, 09:23 PM
I'm so glad I spent the time increasing my iph to the point that I no longer need to raid. the only time I need to worry about this now is during wd.

ju100
12-17-2014, 01:51 AM
I'm so glad I spent the time increasing my iph to the point that I no longer need to raid. the only time I need to worry about this now is during wd.

But who still needs to raid? we all have billions in our vaults now...

MW Flake
12-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Gree will not fully explain it. The Kingdom Age players have apparently been trying to figure it out for months now, but it seems many have just given up and quit. I suggest maybe trying to talk to some of the people in that forum.

Demolisher VFF Rebels
12-17-2014, 02:30 AM
It's crazy all everyone wanted was to be able to get back in im Attacking People that have a defence less than 1/2 my Attack and im losing . I am happy I retired after frontline but sorry it came to this as I see many more friends leaving in the not too distant future

Ozymandias
12-17-2014, 02:45 AM
based on the info given, we know is that it's probably:

(Relative army power * 50 %
+
Relative soldier equipment * 20%
+
Relative army equip * 30%)
* (1+\- x% (random))

Where you win if the answer >1

For me ATM there are 2 main open questions

1. How is relative army power calculated?
It is no longer just attacker attack (Aa) vs defender defence (Dd) but includes defender attack (Da) vs attacker defence (Ad), although with Da vs Ad being "less important" .

The hassle from this is that you the attack splash screens don't give defender attack stats, so will be hard to work out how this bit works in war.

One option would be that the calc for this part would be x% * Aa/Dd + y% * Da/Ad, where x >y and x+y=1, although an answer yesterday suggested this might not be the case... Maybe is based on something like adding attack and defence stats together (Aa + x%*Ad)/(Dd + x%*Da), or multiplying and weighting the two ratios (Aa/Dd)*((Ad/Da)^x%)

2. How do player skill stats come into play...?
The mods seem to suggest that they are added into the 50% army stats part, so pretty much have no impact, however the attack results screen suggests that they are meant to be added into the 20% soldier equipment part! even if they aren't currently.

Cuombajj
12-17-2014, 06:16 AM
I don't get it, is it so hard for a dev who programmed this to write a quick explanation or formulas? Imagine how much anger and confusion this would save. And it wouldn't even cost much to do that. Gree give people clarity, all this hidden stuff is killing the fun... People who don't care about it won't go to forums.

Rob TRK
12-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Ah, but there you have it. If you provide clarity then wins become a reasonable certainty.... Which if you add uncertainty in the mix means more hesitation and chance of losses.... Which then requires a little more gold or tapping to meet the targets set by the factions. Which then maintains player status and goodies.

Previous version everyone knew pretty much assured who could be defeated in war and could therefore guarantee that so many hits delivered required scores...

Now we are uncertain... There are likely to be more losses or lower WD points per hit... Which if you plan to meet the goals means either more time playing and more gold spend.

MW Flake
12-17-2014, 07:42 AM
As I said previously, Gree is refusing to provide what you seek. Find people in the other forum that may be willing to provide you with the information. That is the best you will get unfortunately.

On a side note, there were more than a few people who warned of this coming, and provided the proof to back up their claims. I find it peculiar that so many seem shocked or surprised that things are now playing out as they are.

GeoffW
12-17-2014, 09:48 AM
based on the info given, we know is that it's probably:

(Relative army power * 50 %
+
Relative soldier equipment * 20%
+
Relative army equip * 30%)
* (1+\- x% (random))

Where you win if the answer >1

I agree up to the point where you assume winning if the overall strength is > 1. I think it is more likely that the probability of winning improves the better your relative strength and that if you are equal strength, ie S=1, then the probability is 0.5, ie you have a 50:50 chance.
Something like p = S/(1+S) would do it.
That's just an example, I don't think that is actually the equation because the probability of winning doesn't increase quickly enough. We know there is a high chance of winning if your strength is 20% higher than your opponent. the function needs to be near 1 at S=1.2 and near 0 at S=0.8.

Ozymandias
12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
I agree up to the point where you assume winning if the overall strength is > 1. I think it is more likely that the probability of winning improves the better your relative strength and that if you are equal strength, ie S=1, then the probability is 0.5, ie you have a 50:50 chance.
Something like p = S/(1+S) would do it.
That's just an example, I don't think that is actually the equation because the probability of winning doesn't increase quickly enough. We know there is a high chance of winning if your strength is 20% higher than your opponent. the function needs to be near 1 at S=1.2 and near 0 at S=0.8.

That's what the random number part of the function does... If The min and max of the random function were +\- .2... It would do exactly what you say

MW Flake
12-17-2014, 11:34 AM
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101974-AMA-Hero-Equip-and-Crafting&p=1423037&viewfull=1#post1423037

Start there and read to the end. That's the best you are going to get from Gree.