PDA

View Full Version : 32billiion att and lost to 7b defense???

Greg76
12-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Whats going on gree? How is that possible? Is our attack and defense stats that we have worked on for years now worthless??? Please help get this straightened out.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Wow... I hope thats not how the new system is supposed to work.

bigex123
12-16-2014, 10:04 AM
same thing is happening in CC. they better get this changed or they will lose a lot of business.

Jaded Fusion
12-16-2014, 10:10 AM
You need to win 2 out of three of the features to win in battle.

So if you only beat your opponent in att vs def but they have better equipment and def your equip att they win....its not hard to understand.

Kefa
12-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Whats going on gree? How is that possible? Is our attack and defense stats that we have worked on for years now worthless??? Please help get this straightened out.

Post a screen shot if you can, or state what your equipment was vs. theirs. Everything is weighted now with army being 50% weighting, so for you to have an army that is 450% stronger than his means in the other two categories the opponent must have had more than 450% of your equipment attack in defense stats. Which isn't hard to do right now with most equipment being single digit and superior accounts having double digit defense in army equipment.

Web323
12-16-2014, 10:19 AM
You need to win 2 out of three of the features to win in battle.

So if you only beat your opponent in att vs def but they have better equipment and def your equip att they win....its not hard to understand.

Then we all wasted the last three years getting stats

kmg108
12-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Then we all wasted the last three years getting stats

Correct! The question now is if you are willing to do it again.

Turkey Bacon
12-16-2014, 10:35 AM

That is exactly it.....with one update our stats mean nothing and it becomes a whole new playing field

Captain Buck Slayer
12-16-2014, 10:40 AM
I think its GREE's way of fixing stat inflation

Web323
12-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Nope, I will play for free and watch the game die a quick death

Ozymandias
12-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I have another good one

army stats: 13.9 vs 10.9
Army equip: 20 vs 16
soldier equip: 6 vs 1

Player b wins

kmg108
12-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I have another good one

army stats: 13.9 vs 10.9
Army equip: 20 vs 16
soldier equip: 6 vs 1

Player b wins

You have to press your tongue against your left inner-cheek while hitting the attack button. That seems to make it work better for me.

On a similar note, I had to go to a class last night to help learn the "new way" of doing second grade math so I can help my child with their homework. This new common-core math is crazy, but it reminds me of how complicated the simplest things can become...just like GREE math.

Joe Op
12-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Welcome to Modern War 2.0.
Instead of releasing a new game GREE screwed up on us with these equipments and voila! It's 5.0!

Annihilator2
12-16-2014, 12:32 PM
You complained yourself about stat inflation.

Your stats will be irrelevant shortly.

Tony81
12-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Welcome to Modern War 2.0.
Instead of releasing a new game GREE screwed up on us with these equipments and voila! It's 5.0!

I believe you mean "welcome to the 'poor me' age of modern war."

Suck it up buttercups. Don't like it, walk away quietly. Us that still play get tired of the constant moaning.

Tony81
12-16-2014, 12:36 PM
You all forget that at one point, gree said the opposing players attack will also play a role. If you lose, attack someone else. You are not entitled to win every attack just because you spent x-amount of gold.

Speed ump
12-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Get used to the new MW. Out with the old MW. I don't remeber gree asking anyone if anyone liked it. The reality is, no matter what changes they make, there will be people who hate it.

good gawd noooo
12-16-2014, 01:19 PM
You all forget that at one point, gree said the opposing players attack will also play a role. If you lose, attack someone else. You are not entitled to win every attack just because you spent x-amount of gold.

tony I have seen a ton of your post and putting it simply and bluntly you should be SITTING on the part of you your talking out of.. not to mention you got really really bad breathe..

Tony81
12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
tony I have seen a ton of your post and putting it simply and bluntly you should be SITTING on the part of you your talking out of.. not to mention you got really really bad breathe..

Get a life dude.

legalious
12-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Please stay on topic and don't harass other forum members!

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2014, 01:40 PM
The reality is MW was/is sinking. It used to be at top of the Apple "grossing" chart. Now it lingers in the bottom 100-150 for most of the time with a spike during World Domination. Many of the ones funding the game stopped when their stats were good enough to beat 90% of the players. So rather than releasing a whole new game, GREE decided to basically start the game all over again.

Yes, your army stats mean very little. They have been diminished to 1/3 of the equation needed to win an attack. Players who want to remain on top will have to chase stats (equipment/soldier power) all over again.

This will keep some engaged and others will walk away. It may even bring in new players that feel they have a chance at competing with the long time veterans.

Regardless of how you or I or anyone else feels about it, it is the new reality. Accept it, or don't.....simple.

smbass77
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
The reality is MW was/is sinking. It used to be at top of the Apple "grossing" chart. Now it lingers in the bottom 100-150 for most of the time with a spike during World Domination. Many of the ones funding the game stopped when their stats were good enough to beat 90% of the players. So rather than releasing a whole new game, GREE decided to basically start the game all over again.

Yes, your army stats mean very little. They have been diminished to 1/3 of the equation needed to win an attack. Players who want to remain on top will have to chase stats (equipment/soldier power) all over again.

This will keep some engaged and others will walk away. It may even bring in new players that feel they have a chance at competing with the long time veterans.

Regardless of how you or I or anyone else feels about it, it is the new reality. Accept it, or don't.....simple.

Very well put!!!

I feel bad for the guys at the top who spent years building their stats, they do have to start again. But something tells me they will be at the top before too long. Heck, they spent thousands a month to get their the first time.

Cannot Connect To Server
12-16-2014, 02:02 PM
woo hoo i started a new game and am at level 2 with 2 desert soldiers, 2 helmets and 1 pair of boots.

im ready for 7 days WD and SUP has no chance now muhahaha.

indeed... all the years building up and we all get kicked in the butt cos the GIGN i hadnt been able to use for 2 years put a saucepan on and now hes more powerful than superman.

Joe Bloggs
12-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Did anyone here on the forum participate in the beta testing of this equipment functionality. If so, how did it play out?

NO_BS
12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Actually, I don't see how long term players will lose out from the stats they built. Those stats did not disappear and still account for 50% in the equation. For the other 50% coming from equipment, everyone is starting from ground Zero. It's just the focus of long term players will be weighted more on getting the equipment. For all others, they need to build on both areas of army and equipment. I still see LT players have the advantage especially if they already got a lot of boost and energy capacity to do the PVe as long as they remain active in the game and not necessary increasing their gold spending.

For the discrepancy in Atk vs def stats, Gree needs to explain more on how the weightage works. For example is it possible for 32bn Atk to lose to 7bn def assuming maybe attacker has 0 equipment? But the above assumption still stands.

kmg108
12-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Did anyone here on the forum participate in the beta testing of this equipment functionality. If so, how did it play out?

The speculation is that many players participated in beta and offered much feedback. Some items were addressed, but most were ignored in favor of getting something pushed out quickly to get people access to their locked out accounts. The folks still locked out are because of a different reason with Game Center.

HellRaizer
12-16-2014, 02:32 PM
The big spending players will continue to be on top. Their attack is still much higher than others. So that is still covered. If they still continue as they do and keep winning WDs and finishing ltqs they will also have more equipment and will therefore remain unbeatable in the long run. I would predict that this will only be a small blip before normality returns.

But on the plus side, it now adds a second level to the game.. A lot of people complained that this game was near impossible for beginners (unless accepted into a strong faction). This had now opened an avenue for those players.

Mr Art0is
12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
The big spending players will continue to be on top. Their attack is still much higher than others. So that is still covered. If they still continue as they do and keep winning WDs and finishing ltqs they will also have more equipment and will therefore remain unbeatable in the long run. I would predict that this will only be a small blip before normality returns.

But on the plus side, it now adds a second level to the game.. A lot of people complained that this game was near impossible for beginners (unless accepted into a strong faction). This had now opened an avenue for those players.

Keep telling yourself that, wittering away money that could be better spent. You have all been fooled and you are clearly on their payroll.

It's always nice to drop in and have a giggle at the poor souls still investing their hard earned on this pathetic game.

Do you selfs all a favour, delete this game and come over to clash of clans.

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Keep telling yourself that, wittering away money that could be better spent. You have all been fooled and you are clearly on their payroll.

It's always nice to drop in and have a giggle at the poor souls still investing their hard earned on this pathetic game.

Do you selfs all a favour, delete this game and come over to clash of clans.

I spend no money. I play for free. I can play this game for free or come join you and throw money away on a different game? Think I will stick around here and continue not supporting the funding of any game.

Baltimore Bully
12-16-2014, 03:54 PM
This is too funny to me. I just wanna see how this plays out lol.

garen argon
12-16-2014, 04:39 PM

agree to disagree with you. i watched this change get implemented in kingdom age; and watched top players leave in droves. players ..especially top players are used to a particular gaming philosophy and are not accustomed to change. I've played multiple gree titles and of all their games; this one is by far the easiest to grow quickly and complete most events.

Baltimore Bully
12-16-2014, 06:38 PM
agree to disagree with you. i watched this change get implemented in kingdom age; and watched top players leave in droves. players ..especially top players are used to a particular gaming philosophy and are not accustomed to change. I've played multiple gree titles and of all their games; this one is by far the easiest to grow quickly and complete most events.

Yup! I've seen the same thing and they all feel like the game was a total waste of time.

cras04
12-16-2014, 07:33 PM
OK I read I had to win 2/3 or something for me to win a fight?

I am 8.3 billion attack. When I fight someone it says I used 6 million? That sounds a bit off.

There needs to be an explanation for this all.

I have a screen shot of me LOSING in every category but yet I won the fight?! Why?! What the heck is going on? I may be more excited for change if it didn't ruin 3 years of progress. And if I knew what to do to better myself. And don't give me the typical answer of get equipment because that obviously isn't the exact answer.

Selfproclaimed
12-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Here's another question. Do skill points play any role anymore???? They should allow a reallocation of points. I used a lot of skill points in defense early on in game, and I've yet to see them make a differnce in any battle

Expendables 2
12-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Loving this new format, my 69m A beats 178m D and l get 8000 battle points... Nice

Evil Mastermind
12-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Here's another question. Do skill points play any role anymore???? They should allow a reallocation of points. I used a lot of skill points in defense early on in game, and I've yet to see them make a differnce in any battle

Skill points only play a role if allocated to energy. Attack & Defense skill points have zero effect. Stamina...well also pointless unless you just enjoy attacking/raiding. Since game cash is obsolete and valor units for ranking up are also obsolete, I think you see my point.

It was said in the AMA that skill points may at some point play a role and that if said change was made then reallocation would be granted. I don't see it happening but if they can figure a way to squeeze gold from players by making such a change then it will be done. Otherwise, if it won't make any money, it won't happen.

Flash0810
12-17-2014, 06:53 AM
This is why I have gotten rid of my accounts before the v5.0 release. Stat inflation was due to happen but I didn't realize that it would be this bad (and good in some respects). But with this Equipment feature, the entire aspect of the battles will change which will mean players spending heaps of money to obtain better equipment to level out the playing field or just have better accounts. To me another revenue stream on the game. Now, that said, I will sit back and see just how this next WD pans out. Will be funny to see alot of players who have poured a ton of money into the game get pitted against lower teams only to suddenly start losing attacks in those match ups that they saw as easy wins! lol

I'm glad I'm not part of that stupid rat race anymore and my time is spent on Clash of Clans (and my life more enjoyable). At least CoC is like Apple - it just works.

carl9764
12-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Please stay on topic and don't harass other forum members!

Maybe if someone from gree would reply then people would not harass other forum members????????

vball
12-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Oh this makes sense to me. 32 billion that has a lot of time money and effort can now lose to a player less than 25% because of a pair of sunglasses.

If this is the case, then all high level players who have a great deal of time are in danger by these upstarts who whine about not getting LE buildings, etc back. The logic is that in battle there are variables. OK I can understand that, but that is the same to me as an F35 going head to head against a Sopwith Camel and the Sopwith wins. Or a pacifist going up against the French and the French winning. hehe sorry couldnt resist.

I think Gree needs to tell us why this makes sense, why long time and long time gold players would continue with the madness when the entire battle matrix has been changed. What about skill points?

It seems to me that we will see more "features" added to level the playing field, ie allow much weaker players the ability to win.

If you want to be in a top faction, don't complain about how it is unfair, you simply have to open your wallet and do it that way. We have some lower levels in our own and thats how they do it, or you do it the old fashioned way, time.

The bugs, glitches and now this change is quite alarming and continues to add to the disappointment felt by myself and probably many of you.

I Will Merc You
12-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Yup! I've seen the same thing and they all feel like the game was a total waste of time.

....the premise of 'gaming' is to waste time. Regardless of all the bs changes.....we are all simply 'wasting time'.

subieschooler
12-17-2014, 09:57 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Georgia]The only thing that does not sit well with me is the lack of appreciation and respect from gree towards its "old school" players who have plunged so much money towards these damn games which now is appearing to amount to nothing.
I played crime city for years and swapped over to MW when it was first released (was burned out on CC) and enjoyed the game very much. Back then it was just you against the world, and you had to really work, or pay, to get ahead which we all did.
Now, I have faction members who have just now "got the tip wet" with this game and their progression of stats, etc has surpassed mine respectively in a matter of months?!?!?! Whats that about??

My biggest piece of advice for gree would be don't forget where you came from and who helped you get there. All the players your crapping on right now. Wheres the customer appreciation for long time followers who have delt with all the BS over the years, and kept playing and paying??

I mean really, for the amount of money spent, each member I'm sure could go out and buy EVERY game consoles on the market, as well as all the games and accys to boot.

Just some food for thought, don't forget who pays the bills, and I'm obviously not talking about advertising sponsors.

Thank you......:confused:

Expendables 2
12-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Only one reason behind this new formula, get those high spenders to spend more to stay in front.. I can take out people with 2.5x the stats because l have better equipment, in WD this will be a big impact.. So the high spenders, spend more to get better and more equipment... Simples.. Gree just extended the cash cow stage a little longer.

Domino_brown
12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
32b attack versus 7b defense , but what was the attackers defense , and the defenders attack? I'm sure the two were actually pretty close in stats ... Remember all of this + equipment is used in the new algorithm . I admit it is a little confusing , and I liked the way it was because I understood it . But once I better get use to it , I won't really care anymore ;)

Asto
12-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Well, based on what I've seen in this thread.....R.I.P MW. I'll give it a month, maybe 2 (if we're unlucky) before the life support machine has to be switched off

Maybe if someone from gree would reply then people would not harass other forum members????????

And this�� maybe an answer/explanation would be helpful, or maybe not, idk anymore