PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to update to 5.0

bam bam.
12-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Experienced community members thoughts and comments on this. GReE staff/unpaid mods I don't really trust you (so feel free NOT To post your thoughts on this thread, cheers) I'm a junkie but not an idiot. My fellow updaters is it safe or wait another week and miss out on the new fruit and play catch up in a wks time?

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-16-2014, 01:24 AM
Hobson's choice my friend, Hobson's choice.
When faced with a Hobson's choice I always choose to stand down, DEWIN NUTTIN.

if its already broke, don't break it again.

sstuutss
12-16-2014, 04:19 AM
while my game seems to be working better than many, I lost 10% att and def when I updated to 5. I guess I should think myself lucky.

Things like this will happen when you rush rubbish out in time for the 7 day money grab, not like they dont have a history of it lol

Agent Orange
12-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Well I would say if you 'upgraded' to 4.5.x and got screwed go for it, but keep in mind the following.

You need to know what your game centre account was, especially if you are going to install on an IOS device that is running older non IOS 8 versions.

Have at least 1GB of free space though 2GB might be better. I've upgraded IOS 5, 6, 7 and 8 devices. Did loose 1 account until bloving posted to this thread. Figured out the old game centre account and got it back. http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?103007-Why-you-might-have-lost-your-account-when-linking

It still seems that some have still lost accounts though and not recovered and I have no idea why.

On Android if you are only on 1mobile store I don't think you can do linking since it requires Google play but perhaps someone has a work around.

I've testing linking on a newer dual core cheapo $54 7" tablet and so far it works ok. Space is a definate issue with low system heap.

Chris_
12-16-2014, 07:06 PM
I couldn't tell you because I only got to play the new update for a few min. Been stuck with a lvl 2 game since last Friday. Tried what agent orange said but when gree transferred my game to my new iPad my MW game got removed from the old Game Center account

whateverisgood
12-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Worked fine for me.

Blankboi
12-16-2014, 07:16 PM
No unless u want to loose ur account

Stumps
12-17-2014, 03:03 AM
Worked fine until today. Now the app icon wont even function. When will these tossers roll out something that works.

bam bam.
12-17-2014, 03:07 AM
I have recently had to transfer iPads as my old one crapped out. I'm pretty certain this one is linked to a different Game Center. Also this ipad isn't updated to iOS 8 it's still pre iOS 7 haha

bam bam.
12-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Worked fine until today. Now the app icon wont even function. When will these tossers roll out something that works.

When they figure out they would be better off selling the game to a company who is actually interested in their own products. In fact I'd love to buy this game.

How much GReE?. Seriously...might be a cheaper way to beat sup haha

corey0025
12-17-2014, 06:25 AM
I had lost my account with the 4.5 fiasco, so I had to update to 5. It does work for me now, and I haven't seen any negative affects from it. Don't know about the stat loss ppl are seeing since I didn't know what my stats were from being locked out. As far as game enter goes, make sure that you haven't changed emails associated with it since it was introduced last year. If you haven't it should be ok to download

ezmunie
12-17-2014, 11:36 AM
It worked fine for me. If you don't download it yourself, Gree will do a data push and you'll get it anyway. lol