PDA

View Full Version : Dockbot MW v 5.0?

Wingman GRI
12-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Any thoughts on scouting? Looks like we all need to look for our own targets and find one trial and error....

Web323
12-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Losing to players with 10 billion less in stats puts a big wrinkle in scouting now

kmg108
12-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Losing to players with 10 billion less in stats puts a big wrinkle in scouting now

Very true. I will be interested to see how docbot responds to this game change. The defense stat alone no longer matters. Also, not every team member has the same soldier gear. As such, some can beat a good target that others should also be able to beat, but won't. I agree that individual scouting is probably going to happen. That will stink because it takes the team element out of the team event.

Big John
12-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Just need to add players equipment stats.

Ozymandias
12-15-2014, 09:16 AM
New version allows you to input all 3 defensive stats, and if you have input all your 3 stats, it will give you your best targets taking all three stats in account.... It's more invaluable than ever

http://botofwar.com/changelog.html

Evil Mastermind
12-15-2014, 09:16 AM

With multiple equipment items being obtained, this can easily be altered at will by the player. Therefore, it may not remain consistent throughout a war.

I can now alter my soldiers attack and defense at any time to confuse the bot. Bot is now worthless for targets. At best, all targets should get ratings of "low confidence".

Pretty sure this benefits GREE. No need for bot, requires scouting which can result in losses, which requires additional hits to find target, which means more health packs required, thus gold/money.

kmg108
12-15-2014, 09:20 AM

I have yet to see the details of player equipment stats listed in a rival inventory. It always says "NA" next to the equipment, and I'm facing some really big opponents with same result. I know they have equipment, but I can't see what it is. That was what made me wonder how that info will be added to docbot scouting reports. Perhaps my display is not working correctly on IOS?

truthteller
12-15-2014, 09:23 AM
With multiple equipment items being obtained, this can easily be altered at will by the player. Therefore, it may not remain consistent throughout a war.

I can now alter my soldiers attack and defense at any time to confuse the bot. Bot is now worthless for targets. At best, all targets would get ratings of "low confidence".

Agree, you will see now that during the first 2 or 3 hours of the event, most players can equip the lowest equip they have, thus after 3 battles, when most docbot scoutting has been entered, they can now equip their highest equipment, and then get lots of defensive wins for a while and just go back and forth changing equipment every other battle, so when they get hit, their stats will be DIFF and docbot will have to be update too many times......so it will get very annoying cause you will not know if the guy that is your target is actually using his low or high stat equip

Web323
12-15-2014, 09:24 AM
New version allows you to input all 3 defensive stats, and if you have input all your 3 stats, it will give you your best targets taking all three stats in account.... It's more invaluable than ever

http://botofwar.com/changelog.html

Thanks for the info Ozy

Ozymandias
12-15-2014, 09:26 AM
I have yet to see the details of player equipment stats listed in a rival inventory. It always says "NA" next to the equipment, and I'm facing some really big opponents with same result. I know they have equipment, but I can't see what it is. That was what made me wonder how that info will be added to docbot scouting reports. Perhaps my display is not working correctly on IOS?

Try attacking, not raiding

Evil Mastermind
12-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Try attacking, not raiding

Attack me right now. Attack me again 5 minutes later.

Ozymandias
12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Do I have to, I'm guessing it will show your equipment stats both times.

Evil Mastermind
12-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Do I have to, I'm guessing it will show your equipment stats both times.

Nope, you don't have to cuz it will show it both times. Those stats won't be the same though, based on my equipment change, and the outcome of the battle win/lose would likely be very different.

Ozymandias
12-15-2014, 10:14 AM
All part of the game. You take them up, You get rescouted... You bring them down, nobody cares

Big John
12-15-2014, 10:35 AM
You start off with low stats but as soon as you change equipment your Dockbot entry will be changed.

You will win some but the game will be up.

Mr llama
12-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Lots of mess ups in dockbot from just laziness (usuall a simple m/b mix up) now having multiple stats to add confusion will just become greater and greater. Hate to say it but this looks like the end....my friends

KCjamss
12-15-2014, 06:53 PM
See that Gree. Docbot has PROACTIVELY anticipated an issue and came up with a solution and communicated it. I would also guess their customer service replies to issues in a timely mannor.

Dirty Mind
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
and we have 7 freaking days to figure it out. yayyy :rolleyes:

Didas
12-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Quoted from a developer in another thread.

First, as far as how the battle works, the calculation is about 50% army power, 30% army equipment, 20% solider equipment. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome. Chance also plays some role, as it has throughout the history of warfare. The impact of randomness on battle outcomes in the formula is roughly comparable to where it has been throughout the history of the game.

Looks like you need to account for the defender's attack stats too. Too bad there's no way to see what they are.