PDA

View Full Version : Can't access free gold from videos or offers

emcee423tn
12-13-2014, 07:12 AM
I have CC on 2 devices (android) and cannot access videos or offers..ever..for quite some time now. When 'TAP TO EARN FREE GOLD' there is a pause and 'NO VIDEOS NOW' appears. 'X' out of that and tap 'OFFERS' and same-no offers available. What happened with TAPJOY? and why are videos no longer available?

madnoob
12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Its a big disadvantage for us droid users

Weasel
12-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Its a big disadvantage for us droid users

Offer availability is determined by the advertiser.

Missing out on the small amount of gold that can be 'earned' for free isn't enough to put anyone at a disadvantage. Getting that small amount isn't enough to provide an advantage and not getting it doesn't create any more disadvantage than not having any gold at all.

Evan1000
12-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Offer availability is determined by the advertiser.

Missing out on the small amount of gold that can be 'earned' for free isn't enough to put anyone at a disadvantage. Getting that small amount isn't enough to provide an advantage and not getting it doesn't create any more disadvantage than not having any gold at all.

I have to disagree with this.. completely. It puts free players at a huge disadvantage considering you can make 200-300 gold per cycle with just videos which if spent wisely is over 20k ip in war.. which can be the difference between making the minimum and going above and beyond.. or missing it completely

EDIT: I didn't make the 66k ip in my signature without gold.. I would've been lucky to brush 40k (which is the min in my syn)

Weasel
12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
You know what the limits are without gold. Not getting free gold does not put anyone at a disadvantage. If you get gold, regardless of your method of acquisition, you can do more and have a slight advantage, but there is no more of a disadvantage in this game than there is a winner or loser in this game.

A little off topic, but using gold bought with time (watching videos/completing offers) disqualifies one from truthfully describing themselves as a free player. That term refers to the use of zero premium currency. You cannot say, for example, "I didn't make the 66k ip in my signature," in reference to a signature that states "pretty good for a free player," without contradicting yourself.

Evan1000
12-13-2014, 02:17 PM
A little off topic, but using gold bought with time (watching videos/completing offers) disqualifies one from truthfully describing themselves as a free player. That term refers to the use of zero premium currency. You cannot say, for example, "I didn't make the 66k ip in my signature," in reference to a signature that states "pretty good for a free player," without contradicting yourself.

The term 'Free player' refers to the not spending actual currency on fake in-game currency, it doesn't refer to the use of it. I can use gold and still call myself a free player as long as I don't spend actual money on this game.

smokey77
12-13-2014, 03:24 PM
The term 'Free player' refers to the not spending actual currency on fake in-game currency, it doesn't refer to the use of it. I can use gold and still call myself a free player as long as I don't spend actual money on this game.

Did you not say in a thread a few days ago that time was as good money?

Evan1000
12-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Did you not say in a thread a few days ago that time was as good money?

Got me there, lmao.. Yes but you can't not spend time on something.. I'm spending time to comment on this forum post.. does that mean no one is a free player?

emcee423tn
12-13-2014, 04:23 PM
I totally disagree. I was getting 10+gold a day from watching videos before it crashed. I found it of great use during battles and bosses. It adds up.

Thatkidyouknow
12-13-2014, 06:05 PM
GREE Still makes money so it's a win win situation. Part of the blockage of videos are advertisers not buying the advertising. They say they want to buy x amount of videos and once x amount of videos have been watched, no more videos.