PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Cross Platform transfers

NO_BS
12-12-2014, 03:54 PM
WARNING: Once an account has been transferred via Cross Platform and linked to a Google Play or Game Center account, it cannot be removed from either account!

The FAQ did not cover all possibilities (or I missed it), so I have the following questions for the Developers & Clementine:

1. If a single or multiple accounts are already linked to Game Center and same situation to Google Play, can the Cross Platform Transfer function still work? Or it applies to unlinked accounts only?

2. Does the Cross Platform transfer only work 1-way? Meaning if you Transfer Droid accounts to Game Center, you can’t do for the same Droid accounts + existing iOS accounts to Game Center? It would be great if it can work both ways as nowadays it is common for people to have both platforms or not committed to only 1 platform.

3. A follow up on Q1 on multiple accounts already linked on Game Center or Google Play - once a Cross Platform was successfully completed, is it possible to still use the other Game Center or Google Play to play accounts on the same platform on one devise? Example, if Cross platform transfer done of iOS accounts to Google Play, can we still use Game Center to play the accounts on iOS?

Thanks in advance for any advise or answers.

RhythmNBruise
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
1. You can do cross-platform transfers even if the accounts are already also linked to a GameCenter or GooglePlay account. They just can't be linked to more than one of each.

2. No, cross-platform transfers work both ways.

3. If I'm understanding your question correctly, I think the answer is yes. You should be able to play all your accounts on all your devices as long as they're only linked to one GameCenter and/or one GooglePlay account.

Hope that helps!

NO_BS
12-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks R&B!

2. No, cross-platform transfers work both ways. -

Thanks, so I can chose to use an iOS devise to play all accounts on Game Center and/or Droid devise to play all accounts on Google Play whichever is convenient. That is great as it means I can use my iPad when at home or my Droid phone when on the move to manage multiple accounts.

3. If I'm understanding your question correctly, I think the answer is yes. You should be able to play all your accounts on all your devices as long as they're only linked to one GameCenter and/or one GooglePlay account. -

Yes, in a way your reply on Q2 answers this. What I was getting on in case of 1-way Cross platform setup was whether I can still use Game Center to play all iOS accounts on 1 iOS devise or Google Play to play all Droid accounts on Droid devise. As 2-way Cross Platform is possible, this question becomes not applicable.

This would help a lot especially for those of us with multiple accounts across different generations of devises in that we can just use the latest devise to play the accounts so less game issues (hopefully) encountered related to old hardware!