PDA

View Full Version : Some people are losing accounts (5.0 update)

Brizzol
12-12-2014, 04:35 AM
Some users in our faction are losing their accounts when upgrading to MW 5.0.
With FL starting today I would suggest delaying the update or risk losing your account.

jinjack292
12-12-2014, 06:08 AM
It is b/c they bought the acc . It is not their from the start . Game Center keep tracks of the original I'd

Ranger89
12-12-2014, 06:16 AM
I need help to prevent loosing my game when I get a new iPhone 6...

I recall there was some guidance from GREE a few months ago, but I can't locate it. It had something to do with recording a few key elements of your account to help GREE restore it if the game got corrupt in the transfer. I can't find the thread using the search feature...

Anyone recall that information?

Bravo Zulu
12-12-2014, 06:17 AM
It is b/c they bought the acc . It is not their from the start . Game Center keep tracks of the original I'd

My account has been mine for almost three years. I updated fine. I linked it to Game Center. When I closed and reopened after a few minutes- my game was gone.

Agent Orange
12-12-2014, 07:04 AM
I need help to prevent loosing my game when I get a new iPhone 6...

I recall there was some guidance from GREE a few months ago, but I can't locate it. It had something to do with recording a few key elements of your account to help GREE restore it if the game got corrupt in the transfer. I can't find the thread using the search feature...

Anyone recall that information?

Create a ticket, copy the data on the ticket which is what is required.

Agent Orange
My account has been mine for almost three years. I updated fine. I linked it to Game Center. When I closed and reopened after a few minutes- my game was gone.

Did you log out of game centre, is your device jailbroken?

Rparker1979
I tried downloading the New Modern War to a spare device to try it out before I tried it on my phone. It told me I had to go through Game Center to link the account so I logged out and Logged into Game Center. When I went back in I had a very old mini but not my main in list to "link". I'm 99% sure if I download this New Version of Modern War on my phone my account will be gone forever. I'm Praying gree finds some way that we can link our accounts to our devices or Game Center. Would recommend sending a ticket to gree if you must update so that you have all of your account info which will be located in that email and also would recommend buying a bag of gold to track it financially if you haven't bought gold recently. Good Luck to all.

Bravo Zulu
12-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Did you log out of game centre, is your device jailbroken?

Device not jail broken. I tried logging out and reinstalling. No luck there either. I'm just hoping it did it on my end. Surely Gree still has my game...

mickymacirl
12-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Incorrect, it's nothing to do with bought accounts, stop spreading lies.

2MblaZ
12-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Incorrect, it's nothing to do with bought accounts, stop spreading lies.

+1

What's the difference between transfer and transfer after someone purchased/gave act? None. Same as you would transfer YOUR OWN game to YOUR OWN secondary device. This has nothing to do with accounts having been transferred one way or another, absolutely right.

What's ridiculous is that i tested new 5.0 version iOS on a mini like lvl 14 and lost that one - surely didn't buy such account nor somebody sold one to me, but it's gone completely. So guess what - i'm holding off onto downloading this 5.0 until there's absolutely no possibility of losing account and having to suffer correspondence with GREE's customer service.

badfinger
12-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Gree forcing update ?
3 of my 4 minis just restarted themselves and forced the update 5.0.1
I didn't touch or do anything

Clementine
12-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Gree forcing update ?
3 of my 4 minis just restarted themselves and forced the update 5.0.1

This update is not being forced as of right now. Do you have automatic updates set on your phone?

Clementine
12-12-2014, 10:35 AM
If you lost your account during the upgrade, please file a ticket to Customer Support so that we can look into this for you. We have seen that this seems to be most common on an Android, however we have seen reports of it happening on iOS as well.

If you are experiencing any other issues due to the update, please visit and report on this thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102924-Update-Modern-War-5-0-Known-Issues-Report-Bugs-Here!

Mars_100
12-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi Clementine,

Can you please help me recover my lost account? My ticket number filed is #2115245. Any help you can provide on your end is highly appreciated. This is an IOS account.

Thanks,

Michael Davis
12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
If you lost your account during the upgrade, please file a ticket to Customer Support so that we can look into this for you. We have seen that this seems to be most common on an Android, however we have seen reports of it happening on iOS as well.

If you are experiencing any other issues due to the update, please visit and report on this thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102924-Update-Modern-War-5-0-Known-Issues-Report-Bugs-Here!

I sent a ticket in about losing my account and I got a computer generated response about the recycling issue that I never got to try as I lost my account

Does customer support ever read the tickets..... I guess not

So now what do I do as this account I had as the leader of my top50 team

Ticket #2114160 and the account is iOS

Agent Orange
12-12-2014, 03:28 PM
No gree just sends these infuriating auto replies. Eventually a real person should see it. I've now lost one account. It might have occurred because I changed the game centre account before loading MW 5 but on first boot the correct account did show up but after linking and using that device iPad 1st gen things went boom.

I have been using another iPad IOS 8.1.2 and so far linking is working though I think I will stop using this feature for now.

Bravo Zulu
12-12-2014, 06:54 PM
No gree just sends these infuriating auto replies. Eventually a real person should see it. I've now lost one account. It might have occurred because I changed the game centre account before loading MW 5 but on first boot the correct account did show up but after linking and using that device iPad 1st gen things went boom.

I have been using another iPad IOS 8.1.2 and so far linking is working though I think I will stop using this feature for now.

It seems like the majority of people I know had "old" Game Center accounts and "new" Apple ID ones also. This fits with Gree's warning about accounts disappearing if you are signed in. Problem is this: since my iPad went to iOS 8 I can no longer access the "other" Game Center account. Game Center only lets you sign in with your Apple ID now. Before this I used to be able to still use my old Game Center info.

Mine showed up when I first linked it too. I figured I was good- it would save this ga,e as of 5.0. But no. I swear the way to fix it is bring back the Funzio ID transfer and let us use out Funzio ids to put our games back on. The Funzio ID is hooked to the first Game Center accounts.

Milburn Pennybags
12-12-2014, 07:03 PM
We have added some information to this page https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203583304 which should help iOS players who may be having issues. Please do let us know if you continue to have any issues, ideally including the invite code and/or name of the account you wish to access in your message to support.

Mr llama
12-12-2014, 07:18 PM
We have added some information to this page https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203583304 which should help iOS players who may be having issues. Please do let us know if you continue to have any issues, ideally including the invite code and/or name of the account you wish to access in your message to support.3 year old account gone.... Mods : it doesn't seem to show any other accounts in the game center other than the restarted account, it doesn't work please come up with something that works......kind of an insult

Michael Davis
12-12-2014, 08:30 PM
We have added some information to this page https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203583304 which should help iOS players who may be having issues. Please do let us know if you continue to have any issues, ideally including the invite code and/or name of the account you wish to access in your message to support.

I done that and all the replies I'm getting to my ticket is about recycling units when I never asked about that cause my leader account is gone off my phone.

Matt-Austin
12-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Lost my main, put a ticket in early today. No response at all, not even a auto reply. I tried the link that posted and it didn't help either. Now I'm missing frontline. Thanks a lot gree! Spent 3 weeks with secondary accounts locked out, now I get those back and lose my main.

thescondo
12-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I never used Game Center. Now I use it and lost my game. Almost 3 years. Of work. On track for speed masters. In top 10 team. Can not help front line. I now have 2 Alex accounts I can switch between!!! Whoopie. I guess gree wants me to quit. I can't take this

KaneDurbin
12-13-2014, 06:06 AM
Gree please help me get my game back. I am missing out on speed units. I have 50k gold to spend on this FA as well. Here is my ticket number #2117335. Please hurry. Lol

Agent Orange
12-13-2014, 06:38 AM

Nope didn't work though the issue I have is slightly different.

Before upgrading to MW 5 I changed my Game Centre account to the one I am using with my other MW accounts. I also recall that I never logged into Game Centre on this iPad. I do have a very old Apple ID, pre email but again logged out of it and logged back in using my new ID which is an email.

Then updated to MW 5. Opened Game Centre, scrolled to MW in my games, launched MW.correct account showed up worked ok.

But where things went bad, the for fun loaded up another account from the in game menu, restarted and that account opened fine.

Went to switch back but the original account has disappeared from the list of linked games. Restarts did not solve the problem. This account has competely disappeared and only the account that I switched to comes up on this iPad.

IPad is first gen, IOS 5.

Bravo Zulu
12-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Nope didn't work though the issue I have is slightly different.

Before upgrading to MW 5 I changed my Game Centre account to the one I am using with my other MW accounts. I also recall that I never logged into Game Centre on this iPad. I do have a very old Apple ID, pre email but again logged out of it and logged back in using my new ID which is an email.

Then updated to MW 5. Opened Game Centre, scrolled to MW in my games, launched MW.correct account showed up worked ok.

But where things went bad, the for fun loaded up another account from the in game menu, restarted and that account opened fine.

Went to switch back but the original account has disappeared from the list of linked games. Restarts did not solve the problem. This account has competely disappeared and only the account that I switched to comes up on this iPad.

IPad is first gen, IOS 5.

Almost identical to what I did. And the steps didn't help. My old game is not in the menu under manage accounts. And I was logged into the same Game Center account on my iPad and iPhone with my Apple ID.

Richard B
12-13-2014, 06:54 AM
My 3 year account gone too. I've tried everything Gree has said to do. Nothing brings it back. In my hame center still shows my accounts accomplishments. Don't have a clue what to do. Why can't Gree just upload it back like they use to do? I sent in ticket of new ID number of my level 2 account.. That's how they use to do it!

Ticket number. 2116913

Tubbytone
12-13-2014, 07:19 AM
I have 3 accounts on 3 devices IPhone 6, iPad air 2 and iPad mini 2.
Updated all 3 to version 5.0 without any problems and was able to play on all three.
The problems started when at first the pop ups for new device kept coming up.
Then the pop ups for linking game to game centre. I clicked yes on all 3 devices since I was using the same version and same Apple ID, all were logged in into game centre.

Everything was still working fine until, yet another pop up came asking if I wanted to link accounts to game centre. Clicked yes again. I was careful not to mess with having multiple accounts on one device as I wanted them kept seperate

Now main account has disappeared and despite the fact that I deliberately didn't want to mess with having multiple accounts on one device, I now have 2 accounts on all three devices and my main account has totally disappeared.

Tucket sent to GREE but no response to yet.
None of the suggested fixs posted in forums worked for me.

Agent Orange
12-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah this sucks, seems only thing we can do is send in a ticket. Btw if you do not know your player id your faction can see it if they look at your player info, thankfully gree added it.

Bravo Zulu
12-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah this sucks, seems only thing we can do is send in a ticket. Btw if you do not know your player id your faction can see it if they look at your player info, thankfully gree added it.

This does suck. Right in the middle of frontline... All I can do is watch. My game was my only account.

thescondo
12-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Similar to my experience. I was very careful. Kept getting nagged about Game Center. Can not believe Game Center which I hate and never want to use, is the keys to the gree kingdom. Makes no sense. Missed speed unit faction battling for top 5. I'm siting here so frustrated.

By the way the curious thing is that all my MW achievements are still in the Game Center. Game is gone though.

Help me.

Mr llama
12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
By the way the curious thing is that all my MW achievements are still in the Game Center. Game is gone though.

Help me.was wondering the same thing

thescondo
12-13-2014, 01:28 PM
HI llama - Got a canned response about not linking it correctly and to log in with my game center account again.
How much more can I take?

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Truthfully, in your most secret places, did anyone really expect that anything being TOUTED would work as described?

Sadly, the vast majority of you are good people.

You enjoy this game, and you desperately want EVERYTHING to work correctly.

Many of you put your money where your mouth is.

You knew it wouldn't work, yet you trusted THEM to your own detriment and peril.

I empathize with each one of you.

THEY, on the other hand, don't even offer you that.

I hope this is your moment, your wake up call, the day you admit the EMPEROR wears no clothes!