PDA

View Full Version : Modern War 5.0 Release

Milburn Pennybags
12-12-2014, 01:27 AM
We just wanted to let you know that 5.0 is live now on iOS and should be rolling out to more players on Android today. We want to thank you for your patience as we know many of you have been waiting on this release. Please check out our build notes here http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102457-Build-Notes-Modern-War-v5-0 for more information on the release.

Brizzol
12-12-2014, 02:32 AM
We just wanted to let you know that 5.0 is live now on iOS and should be rolling out to more players on Android today. We want to thank you for your patience as we know many of you have been waiting on this release. Please check out our build notes here http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102457-Build-Notes-Modern-War-v5-0 for more information on the release.
Thanks for the update but some players are Greeted with a tutorial after doing the update and losing access to their accounts...Can you get to the bottom of this please as I'm sure it's probably not a couple of isolated incidents.

robmurphy
12-12-2014, 02:34 AM

Milburn, recycling not working correctly. Only crediting vault with 1 * recycle price value rather than total units recycled * recycle price.

Numbers are correct on the recycling screen, but not flushing through to vault correctly

Hobbs
12-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Buying equipment??
How do we do this? No Tab or ability to buy items to equip.
Also same issue with sold units not crediting!

Big John
12-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Liking the multiple accounts feature.

carl9764
12-12-2014, 03:47 AM
how do you get multiple accounts showing

Rolinz
12-12-2014, 03:52 AM
how do you get multiple accounts showing

You go to your menu and then to More and then Manage Accounts

Milburn, recycling not working correctly. Only crediting vault with 1 * recycle price value rather than total units recycled * recycle price.

Numbers are correct on the recycling screen, but not flushing through to vault correctly

You can recycle only 1 unit at a time but multiple different units at the same time. i was able to recycle 2 different units but only 1 of each unit at a time.

You can at least for now recycle all of your single units.

You also have to exit the game and come back in for those recycled units that had zero units to go away.

This seems like the only problem so far.

Load times seems better but still not as fast as it used to be.

carl9764
12-12-2014, 03:53 AM
Just found it cheers like this option

Tournai
12-12-2014, 04:07 AM
Works Great! Thnx ! I can Bann My Ipad now!!

Mars_100
12-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Just downloaded update and get pop up of "New device detected! Link this device to an existing account?

I don't have another acct on this device. Not sure to say Okay or no. I transferred acct to this device and then was locked out for weeks.

Juggernaut
12-12-2014, 04:42 AM

This thread needs to be made sticky.

Theblacklamp
12-12-2014, 04:52 AM
Once someone figures out how to link game from a different iOS device please post. Example my mini account is on my wife's phone most likely linked to her Game Center. So I'm not sure if it will be able to transfer

Theblacklamp
12-12-2014, 04:57 AM
Never mind I just figured it out. You have to select the different device button. Then select old device and it should give you a transfer code. Then log into the device you want that game linked to repeat the steps and select new device and enter the transfer code.

Bugmama
12-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Damn Gree. Lost my freaking account

Comrade John
12-12-2014, 05:32 AM
until android gets this im still stuck :( im glad my android simply has a battery problem and works while plugged in.

Mars_100
12-12-2014, 05:48 AM
I just lost my main account. My mini account I have on Ipad just appeared on Iphone when I logged back in. I lost my main account.

Bob Belcher
12-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Congrats Gree on the new release the Beginning of the END has BEGUN!
Enjoy!

_Mas_
12-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Awesome update gree! I like it :D

Sheldor Sir
12-12-2014, 08:13 AM
why am i not surprised

https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/203701680-Account-Transfer-through-Game-Center

jagsmaneddie3
12-12-2014, 08:19 AM
when i did update stats were lost...i am on android

benjamin
12-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Free gold button does not seem to be working on IOS. when pressed nothing happens.

truthteller
12-12-2014, 09:34 AM
I got this from the GREE website:
https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/sections/200661474

Transfer Using Game Center, IOS Devices
Players need to be version 5.0 or higher to use this feature.

WARNING: Once a game account has been linked with a Game Center account it cannot be removed!

Before logging into the game, go to Game Center and sign into your account there. You will be prompted to do this later in the process if not done initially. Once signed into Game Center, open the game. You will be prompted to either “Link to Game Center” or “Continue” without linking. If you choose to “Continue” without linking, you will be able to link your account later. To link your device, go to the in-game Menu > More > Manage Accounts. There you will be asked to link your device. It will give you two options: “Link iOS Device” and “Link Different Device”. Select “Link iOS Device”. If you are just getting this set up for the future you can stop here.

You can link multiple iOS game accounts by signing into the same Game Center profile and linking each game account using the steps above. This will allow you to transfer between any of your game accounts whenever you want.

To transfer to a different device, sign into Game Center, then open the game. If a new device, use the steps above to link the new account to your Game Center account. You need the account currently on the device to be linked to Game Center to begin the transfer process. Go to the in-game Menu > More > Manage Accounts. You should see two buttons; “Select Accounts” and “Link Different Device”. Select “Select Accounts” to bring up the Account Selection popup. You should now see any of the accounts you have linked to your Game Center profile. Now simply select the account you wish to play on. After selecting the account you wish to play on, you will be prompted to restart the game. Close the game completely and reopen it. You should now have the selected account on your device!

Linking a game account to a second Game Center account is not possible. Attempting to do so result in a new game account appearing on your device. Swapping back to the original Game Center account will restore the original game account. This is to make it possible for players to share one device without needing to share a game account.

Snibes
12-12-2014, 09:50 AM
When looking at a player's profile to determine whether you can successfully attack them, it shows NOTHING of the opponent's equipment or soldier. Just the army stats. Right now, that's ok because everyone's equipment sucks. But when those stats get good, we'll never know who we can raid successfully until we can see that info.

Clementine
12-12-2014, 10:27 AM
If you are experiencing issues with the Modern War 5.0 Update, please go to this thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102924-Update-Modern-War-5-0-Known-Issues-Report-Bugs-Here!

Thank you!

Bluehavana2
12-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Free gold button does not seem to be working on IOS. when pressed nothing happens.

Works for me... There's no feedback if no gold vids are available (4.2 change)

qwertyguy
12-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Locked out completely from the game from this update...investigating whether it has something to do with Game Center. Once downloaded and installed, the game won't load at all. iphone 4 (plain)

I updated because someone said iphone 4 worked with this update. I'm wonder whether he actually had an iPhone 4s--big difference.

qwertyguy
12-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Update...I'm on MW...no time to explain but it was game center. Had to sign into game center. I didn't know it was already linked.

ISNOCHUS
12-12-2014, 07:01 PM
when i did update stats were lost...i am on android

Yeah, my account dropped over 150million attack, what gives?

veeridian
12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm on an iPad 1st gen and this update lets me sign in. Yes, there are the bugs and stuff but at least I can get in and collect my buildings and I could do Frontline if I wanted to.
Hopefully the bugs will be fixed here soon.

Bluehavana2
12-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Absolutely brilliant! Roll out a major release on a Friday and have limited or no support all weekend.
Every software company I've worked for/with did their major releases when support would be available.
Why didn't this wait to release on Monday???

786TRYX
12-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Because in every faction there are some slackers

-Commando-
12-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Locked out completely from the game from this update...investigating whether it has something to do with Game Center. Once downloaded and installed, the game won't load at all. iphone 4 (plain)

I updated because someone said iphone 4 worked with this update. I'm wonder whether he actually had an iPhone 4s--big difference.
I update both my iphone 4 and my 4s without any problems. Both are running iOS 7.? And have over 1g of free memory. The load time dropped from 2 min 15 sec to 1 min 5 sec. Play speed is about the same as before.

Bluehavana2
12-14-2014, 08:31 AM
I update both my iphone 4 and my 4s without any problems. Both are running iOS 7.? And have over 1g of free memory. The load time dropped from 2 min 15 sec to 1 min 5 sec. Play speed is about the same as before.

Load time still sucks on my iPad mini 16 with 5 g free. 3-5 mins avg