PDA

View Full Version : Docs and data now 3.7gb and locked out!

Agent Orange
12-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Well this isn't good, whatever server push took place overnight has now locked out my main MW account on IOS. This was a 4.5.2 account running IOS 8.1.1.

Not sure how many others are affected but I think you should give us several days of no events and remove all event graphics and data so that players can access their accounts one last time....

Huj
12-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Agent Gree > than Agent Orange

Agent Orange
12-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Agent Gree > than Agent Orange

Pretty much, did have 1.1gb free, nuked the last app other than MW on the iPad and after 5 tries it finally reloaded.

Captain Buck Slayer
12-09-2014, 12:48 PM
That sucks..

Captain Buck Slayer
12-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Im on IOS and mine is only 590MB, around the same on my other 5 ios devices to.

Agent Orange
12-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Im on IOS and mine is only 590MB, around the same on my other 5 ios devices to.

Yes seems to be relative to the age of the account, plus my main one has been through a lot of changes to the game since day 1 which doesn't help. Two of the iPods are stuck at 64mb of data while the working one is at 1gb on 4.5.2 and an iPhone on 4.5.1 is at 1.3 GB. The two locked out iPods have accounts that were also started in Nov 2011.

pick_sax
12-09-2014, 02:58 PM
if you want, figure out a place i can push 4.4 to, and i can send it somewhere for you. i have it around, and it works. lockout will end. you just have to figure out how to get it to your device.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes seems to be relative to the age of the account, plus my main one has been through a lot of changes to the game since day 1 which doesn't help. Two of the iPods are stuck at 64mb of data while the working one is at 1gb on 4.5.2 and an iPhone on 4.5.1 is at 1.3 GB. The two locked out iPods have accounts that were also started in Nov 2011.

Get yourself an app called "Send Anywhere".
Using the SA app, (Android & iOS) anyone can send you almost anything they have, including "apps".
Unlike SOME apps who shall remain NAMELESS, SA works.

Once you have SA, I can send you my working MW Android or iOS MW app.

bam bam.
12-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Can we pass the costs of our blown data plans directly on to GReE. I'm owed $330.00 (my provider had a 24hr delay on my data usage and at the time I wasn't savvy enough to know how to keep an eye on it...plus I had no reason to think a gaming app would blow my 9gb data limit by 3.3gigs)

Bubseg
12-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Im the same i been watching the space on my iphone 4s.

I was at 2.1. Gb of data , used battery doctor clear cache etc went down to around 1.6gb.
As i go through maps etc and targets load. I could see the data rising and now im up to 4.2gb.

I use 3g. Alot so cant clear cache as it will have to download the data over and over again

knuckk
12-10-2014, 04:21 AM
Dewin can you send it over to me .... What's the best way to do it... If u have groupme or line leave some contact info I definitely want to try to revert back

Chris MacCullen
12-10-2014, 10:28 AM
My game now takes up 6.5 gigs on my iPad, this is stupid.

DEWIN NUTTIN
12-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Dewin can you send it over to me .... What's the best way to do it... If u have groupme or line leave some contact info I definitely want to try to revert back

You don't need email or anything other than Send Anywhere.
I send it, give you a six digit number.
You put the six digit randomly generated number in SA, it'll start receiving.
Then you DL and install directly from SA.
Send me PM.

Agent Orange
12-11-2014, 05:09 AM
Thanks, I seem to be back with random crashes! Looked at Send Anywhere, won't run on IOS lower than 7 which is too bad it might have got my older devices back but appreciate the offer my friend!

One interesting thing on the locked out devices, I keep restarting them and the dataset is slooooowly growing about 10mb at a time.

MW Flake
12-11-2014, 07:45 AM
I saw last night where one persons was up to 10.5gb. That's more than the damned operating system.

Speed ump
12-11-2014, 08:32 AM
And they say Samsung has bloatware,lol. Maybe gree is trying for the record.

Strat
12-11-2014, 04:03 PM
I saw last night where one persons was up to 10.5gb. That's more than the damned operating system.

iPhone 4s 16gn ver 4.5.1 iOS 8.1.1
Usage Storage reached 10.3 gb.
Had to delete game in order to use the phone. I doubt I'll be back.

Cannot Connect To Server
12-13-2014, 04:59 AM
hi im new to the forums.

on my device my cc and mw use up over 1gb space each.

so i went into the directories where they are stored in Android and i zipped up all the directories... the ones with old dates and then deleted them all.

i then went into the directories with jpg adverts and gifs adverts for games apps and zip delete those too saved 257mb there alone.

it all free'd up shed loads of space and both games run ok after as it appears they only use current highest date directory and files anyways.

if you do not know what u are doing or are worried about losing ur game then DO NOT ATTEMPT IT.

but for me i had to my device was just too full up with these games data and old junk.

a lot of the directories are empty and just had files of 0 size.

so as said i backed up everything first using zip then deleted all that was old file dates example 2012 etc and adverts.

hope it helps those in need of space.

NEXT BIT UNTESTED BY ME. As i only have one device. but in theory it should work.... but unknown with Gree games.

..... other way that should or might work is to transfer game to another device.

uninstall from old device.
wipe all cc mw directories from old device.

reinstall games on old device.

transfer back game from second device to original device.

so then you should have current full game only and no junk from old versions or updates.

again in theory sounds viable but untested as i have no second device.

do not attempt if unsure.

i use mw 4.5 i have not tried 5.0 yet.

also if anyone is going to update.... apps like Android Assistant can back up your older versions of your games apk before u update.

(i do not use ios so have no idea what apps you can use to back up your games on that platform)

it does not back up your game data. only the actual game android apk file so it can be reinstalled if the update is buggy.

i back up all versions ive updated since mw v1 this way before every update.