PDA

View Full Version : concerning battles and syndicate size

RAMNUTS
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Can someone please clarify this for me. As my syndicate stands right now we have 34/36 but only 12 active players. Would it benefit us to drop the dead weight(20+ ppl) so that we would be matched with other syndicates our size in war/battles. How exactly do they match the pvp teams up when war is declared? Many thanks for your help!

sister morphine
12-06-2014, 11:00 PM
You can't boot during war.

RAMNUTS
12-07-2014, 01:26 AM
You can't boot during war.
I didn't say I wanted to boot during war. I just want to know how this works and if it would benefit the syndicate to drop these inactive players.thx

sister morphine
12-07-2014, 02:38 AM
I didn't say I wanted to boot during war. I just want to know how this works and if it would benefit the syndicate to drop these inactive players.thx
OK. Assuming things haven't changed I think the overall strength of your team plays a large part in matching - not merely how many players there are. When I was fighting with just my two accounts my syn got matched against a wide variety of rivals; from single players to some quite large (c20 or more players) teams. It could be frustrating at times, as the larger syndicates tended to be low level so my scores against them were pathetic (this was before that was improved slightly). It did help that the big teams usually couldn't touch me, but any that could would score far higher points.

Dropping inactives won't hurt you though. They're not contributing at all.

HavingFun
12-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Follow the above advice and boot the dead weight. Serves no beneficial reason to keep them hence the term dead weight.

Camper
12-07-2014, 05:40 AM
It may be useful to keep some very low level inactives as that could help you with better match ups. Definitely drop inactive high level players.

RAMNUTS
12-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Okay, thanks for the useful info and I will drop the dead weight. Although, is there a method to their madness or some kind of formula they use? One of the reasons I ask is that we are a small team with our biggest player only level 150 with 14k atk and 13k def. We are matched vs. other teams with dl's that have 60-70k up to 150k dl! Thanks again for all the great advice!

smokey77
12-08-2014, 01:59 AM
I have two people in my syn , my main account and my mini , I regularly get matched against syndicates with a lot more players . This weekend I didn`t have access to my minis tablet so haven`t been able to log into that account but it still scored a few points from defensive wins so not entirely useless but not far off it .

sister morphine
12-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Okay, thanks for the useful info and I will drop the dead weight. Although, is there a method to their madness or some kind of formula they use? One of the reasons I ask is that we are a small team with our biggest player only level 150 with 14k atk and 13k def. We are matched vs. other teams with dl's that have 60-70k up to 150k dl! Thanks again for all the great advice!
Sometimes that happens. We got matched with S A S a couple of hours ago (the team in 4th place, not SAS) even though we're a bit below top 100. If the opposing team's DL is far far stronger than the rest of their team your match-ups might not be as freakish as you think. It only takes two PAs to take them down regardless.

We've battled teams with DL two or three times the defence of their other high levels.

Caroline Taylor
12-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Dead weight doesn't serve any purpose so get rid, I believe their stats are added to the overall team stats so making match ups with harder teams. Get rid!

Caroline Taylor
12-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Anyone else have shocking match ups this battle weekend? We are ranked 199 and had teams a lot higher than us with stats 3 times ours so we had to sit them out and take losses! Happened quite a lot over the weekend.

RAMNUTS
12-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Anyone else have shocking match ups this battle weekend? We are ranked 199 and had teams a lot higher than us with stats 3 times ours so we had to sit them out and take losses! Happened quite a lot over the weekend.

Exactly! That's what happened to us! Our last battle the dl was 68m and lvl10 wall!