PDA

View Full Version : Cc performance problems

Mcockbur
12-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Since latest update, even using newest devices it takes between 1 to 5 minutes to login to the game.
Additionally, during war battles it can take up to 1 minute to know results, once you hit the attack button.
Switching windows is forever, and match ups can take 10 minutes...

Are you doing your game better or worse, Gree????

I think you should be aware of this already...

Lolsies
12-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Since latest update, even using newest devices it takes between 1 to 5 minutes to login to the game.
Additionally, during war battles it can take up to 1 minute to know results, once you hit the attack button.

The lag might be caused by the large amounts of people playing this game. All these players cause stress on their servers.

Mcockbur
12-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I know, but they should have better capacity planning to upgrade or add servers to have good (acceptable) performance...

1Shot
12-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Indeed. It's just the lag on the servers from all the players logging in, which is probably very high during an event like battle of empire city. Even with more data space in the servers, you can only reduce the lag so much. Some people may have more lag than others, however. That is the case many times. Personally for me, it usually takes about 15-20 seconds to load crime city up and to hit in battle maybe 5-8 seconds a hit.

John_Locke
12-06-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm not experiencing any lag connected to WiFi on my HTC One. What most people forget is that 5 seconds of lag from each your device, internet connection and Gree's servers adds up. A small amount of lag from multiple sources adds up fast.

Switching gears here; what exactly do you expect forum moderators to do? Spend their nights learning to code and troubleshoot to save you a couple minutes? I'm genuinely interested to learn what the term "forum moderator" means to you.

Travers
12-06-2014, 11:03 AM
it takes up to 5 minutes with my iphone 4s, but less than a minute with my ipod 4th gen, both devices barely have any other apps and have lots of memory left, how could a newer device take so much longer than an older device?

-Batman-
12-06-2014, 12:00 PM
That last Street Assault was lag city took ages for deployes to drop from pending

1Shot
12-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm not experiencing any lag connected to WiFi on my HTC One. What most people forget is that 5 seconds of lag from each your device, internet connection and Gree's servers adds up. A small amount of lag from multiple sources adds up fast.

Switching gears here; what exactly do you expect forum moderators to do? Spend their nights learning to code and troubleshoot to save you a couple minutes? I'm genuinely interested to learn what the term "forum moderator" means to you.

True. We cannot solve Ingame issues ourselves, that's for the developers to handle. We focus on helping the community in the forums, solving and answering to as many players as we can.

TitoLiebowitz
12-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game helps a lot with the lag. Have you tried this?

Mcockbur
12-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Will do... Have done twice reinstallations in the past...

cooch
12-06-2014, 04:21 PM
The lag might be caused by the large amounts of people playing this game. All these players cause stress on their servers.

Sorry this was excuse commonly used by gree for years. U don't have more players playing cc. We know that. We also know u can increase server capacity. It's really the last update that is issue. Lag complaints have been down for several months until several weeks ago...

Thatkidyouknow
12-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Indeed. It's just the lag on the servers from all the players logging in, which is probably very high during an event like battle of empire city. Even with more data space in the servers, you can only reduce the lag so much. Some people may have more lag than others, however. That is the case many times. Personally for me, it usually takes about 15-20 seconds to load crime city up and to hit in battle maybe 5-8 seconds a hit.

Completely off topic but congrats on mod 1shot! I saw your application and knew you would get it!

Stubby1113
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Last update was buggy and will be fixed with next update. They say it will be out next week.

cooch
12-07-2014, 12:42 AM

Gree actually responded to my ticket soon after posting an assumption not server problem nor too many players playing. It is an issue with update which will b corrected with 6.0 (hopefully). Another poster is correct

HavingFun
12-07-2014, 03:03 AM
True. We cannot solve Ingame issues ourselves, that's for the developers to handle. We focus on helping the community in the forums, solving and answering to as many players as we can.
Helping the community in what ways. And FYI, Gree has also admitted the IOS lag being their fault from the last IOS update to me also.

HavingFun
12-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Completely off topic but congrats on mod 1shot! I saw your application and knew you would get it!
Please stay on topic as too not derail threads. Thanks in advance

bfsu99
12-07-2014, 03:46 AM
once i spent 2.5hours to struggle hard to log into the game. everyday it happens several times of logging problem, most of them cost more than 15 minutes.

Engram
12-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Hi, sorry about the lag.

I need three questions answered so my engineers can look into it further:

1) Which devices/OS versions are you using?
2) Is Crime City the only app that's running on your device?
3) Did this laggy behavior occur on a cellular or wifi connection?

Also, have you sent in a support ticket via your device? Filing a support ticket will enable us to get diagnostic information based on your device, so we can investigate the problem further.

Thanks!

Greeny1
12-08-2014, 03:15 PM
My wife stupidly updated all my apps on my iPhone so I now have the latest version (never normally update unless forced as usually something goes wrong) so here are my answers below:

1) Which devices/OS versions are you using? iPhone 5, 7.0.4
2) Is Crime City the only app that's running on your device? Nope, lots of apps and even MW.
3) Did this laggy behavior occur on a cellular or wifi connection? Cellular is impossible, will not load maps during current SLTQ, only on wifi. Also doesn't show the characters on maps, just the the big green arrows when I get there using wifi.

Hope that helps, when will new version be out? And how can I become a beta tester so I can try this stuff out and warn people if it don't work!

Oh, and now it takes about 4 mins to connect on cellular, slightly less on wifi.

And another thing, why no mods with the SLTQ? Almost making it a pointless event like normal LTQ's

bfsu99
12-09-2014, 06:11 AM
i have both ipad , one is ios7, the other is ios8. both devices have the logging problem. everyday i spend more than an hour on lagging. this really makes me angry. what a ****ing game!
the proble usually happened when the ingame dead, the restart will become very difficult.

Engram
12-09-2014, 07:44 PM
2) Is Crime City the only app that's running on your device? Nope, lots of apps and even MW.

Sometimes having a lot of apps open (running) simultaneously will cause poor network connection performance due to the app not having enough memory to function properly. Have you tried to force quit the other apps and try to run Crime City only?

3) Did this laggy behavior occur on a cellular or wifi connection? Cellular is impossible, will not load maps during current SLTQ, only on wifi. Also doesn't show the characters on maps, just the the big green arrows when I get there using wifi.

What type of cellular connection do you typically have in your area? EDGE/3G/4G/LTE?

Hope that helps, when will new version be out? And how can I become a beta tester so I can try this stuff out and warn people if it don't work!

Thanks for your feedback, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We know this is an issue with some users, so we're doing our best to figure out how to reproduce the problem so we can fix it.

That said, we have our v6.0 update scheduled to drop this week, so it should hopefully address performance issues.